Blowout Cards Forums
Wave 12

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risquť images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:31 AM   #1
cyberpvnk

Default For my 3,000th post I give to you...

A 14 day break from my comments. I need a break from Blowout as it has really gotten bad lately. I'll use this time to decide if I need a longer break.

I find it harder and harder to bite my tongue and not say things that would probably get me banned or at least suspended. The idiocracy spouted by a small percentage of members on here gets me more worked up than it should, being a forum and all. There are some really cool people on here and I laugh a lot when talking in private with a small percentage of people, so PM's will be returned.

I *will* be posting some BST threads in the near future, but thats it. Not a grand exit, flame out, farewell post or anything lame, just a 3k milestone break.
cyberpvnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:40 AM   #2
groundsupport
Banned

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

A self purposed 14 day suspension?
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:08 AM   #3
chipmaster

Kind of funny how this 14 day vacation comes right after "Fappenings"

things that make you go hmmmmm
Old 09-02-2014, 11:28 AM   #4
benshobbies
Inactive Account

I do this on weekends......I'd hate to say it, but when you are a forum of this size, you either need to divest it, or increase moderation....
benshobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:30 AM   #5
WCTYSON
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
Kind of funny how this 14 day vacation comes right after "Fappenings"

things that make you go hmmmmm
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:33 AM   #6
chipmaster

Old 09-02-2014, 11:44 AM   #7
groundsupport
Banned

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:15 PM   #8
chipmaster

Old 09-02-2014, 12:22 PM   #9
death2redemptions
Banned

Will you be releasing any full nudes or semi nudes of yourself upon return?
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 01:37 PM   #10
corndog

Location: From a table in McDonalds, with lovely fake flowers on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpvnk View Post
A 14 day break from my comments. I need a break from Blowout as it has really gotten bad lately. I'll use this time to decide if I need a longer break.

I find it harder and harder to bite my tongue and not say things that would probably get me banned or at least suspended. The idiocracy spouted by a small percentage of members on here gets me more worked up than it should, being a forum and all. There are some really cool people on here and I laugh a lot when talking in private with a small percentage of people, so PM's will be returned.

I *will* be posting some BST threads in the near future, but thats it. Not a grand exit, flame out, farewell post or anything lame, just a 3k milestone break.
Having to wade thru the crap posted by trolls and the immature can grow old. Too bad that those people don't take a permanent break instead - the forum would be a much better place without them.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:32 PM   #11
jmscoggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpvnk View Post

I could have typed this exact same thing word for word about a month ago. I took a couple of weeks off and slowly eased back in. It didn't help. This place has been getting charged up lately for lack of a better word. It seems that even though politics, religion and such is forbidden, people are talking about it slyly and it is causing big time animosity. Add in the professional trolls and the mental midgets and it seems someone is always getting spun up in response to their antics, myself included from time to time.

I've only been here for about two years but I've seen it get much worse in my opinion. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of respect by a large percentage of the members. There is a real good but small group of contributing members that I enjoy interacting with, even ones who have far different views than mine but it seems that wading through all of the bad member's garbage is outweighing the benefits of what I enjoy from the good ones.

In any case, I consider you one of the ones that I enjoy interacting with. Congrats on the 3k and I wish I had a solution for your consternation.

"nah not mad Maga cat ..."
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:53 PM   #12
death2redemptions
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
I could have typed this exact same thing word for word about a month ago. I took a couple of weeks off and slowly eased back in. It didn't help. This place has been getting charged up lately for lack of a better word. It seems that even though politics, religion and such is forbidden, people are talking about it slyly and it is causing big time animosity. Add in the professional trolls and the mental midgets and it seems someone is always getting spun up in response to their antics, myself included from time to time.

I've only been here for about two years but I've seen it get much worse in my opinion. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of respect by a large percentage of the members. There is a real good but small group of contributing members that I enjoy interacting with, even ones who have far different views than mine but it seems that wading through all of the bad member's garbage is outweighing the benefits of what I enjoy from the good ones.

In any case, I consider you one of the ones that I enjoy interacting with. Congrats on the 3k and I wish I had a solution for your consternation.
With or without beaded?
Old 09-02-2014, 03:12 PM   #13
jmscoggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
With or without beaded?
Beaded no doubt. Not sure how I ever lived in a non beaded world.

Old 09-02-2014, 03:25 PM   #14
death2redemptions
Banned

Quote:
Beaded no doubt. Not sure how I ever lived in a non beaded world.
Good, I have to make sure I choose my friends wisely as I don't trust anyone who doesn't accept beaded.

Beaded is a way of life.....brah
Old 09-02-2014, 03:58 PM   #15
TOMBB25

I don't understand why message boards affect people so much. If a thread bothers you just stay away from it, a forum shouldn't ruin your life people.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:37 PM   #16
corndog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMBB25 View Post
I don't understand why message boards affect people so much. If a thread bothers you just stay away from it, a forum shouldn't ruin your life people.
I don't believe that threads in itself bother anyone. It's the thread derailers and trolls that ruin a good discussion.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:47 PM   #17
Gibberish

Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog View Post
I don't believe that threads in itself bother anyone. It's the thread derailers and trolls that ruin a good discussion.
Ignore feature...use it. Don;t go "I shouldn't have to ignore people" just use it. It cuts down on the reading as well. I only had to read 10 posts in this thread
Old 09-02-2014, 07:51 PM   #18
jmscoggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
Ignore feature...use it. Don;t go "I shouldn't have to ignore people" just use it. It cuts down on the reading as well. I only had to read 10 posts in this thread
Doesn't it make it hard to follow most threads?

Old 09-02-2014, 08:00 PM   #19
corndog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
I don't use the ignore feature for anyone. There are some members here who choose to blow up threads or attempt to bait members for no reason other than immaturity or a misguided belief that they are funny. This is a sports card forum - not a junior high playground.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:08 PM   #20
jmscoggin

Quote:
I don't use the ignore feature for anyone. There are some members here who choose to blow up threads or attempt to bait members for no reason other than immaturity or a misguided belief that they are funny. This is a sports card forum - not a junior high playground.
I too don't have a single member blocked but the bolded statement rubs me the wrong way. Who are you to declare how this place should or should not run? Why does it have to be so serious? There is a reason that I never joined FCB, SCF or Beckett. I browsed them many times and they were always BORING as hell. I felt like I was in a chess club. The beauty of BO is that people here show their personality. I love the humor and I love some of the stabs, even when they are at my expense. You've delivered a few my way yourself and I enjoy it. Not to mention, if you dislike the drama and "jr high" element then why hang out in the off topic section as often as you do? Lighten up Nancy and bring it.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:25 PM   #21
corndog

Quote:
I too don't have a single member blocked but the bolded statement rubs me the wrong way. Who are you to declare how this place should or should not run? Why does it have to be so serious? There is a reason that I never joined FCB, SCF or Beckett. I browsed them many times and they were always BORING as hell. I felt like I was in a chess club. The beauty of BO is that people here show their personality. I love the humor and I love some of the stabs, even when they are at my expense. You've delivered a few my way yourself and I enjoy it. Not to mention, if you dislike the drama and "jr high" element then why hang out in the off topic section as often as you do? Lighten up Nancy and bring it.
There is a difference in poking fun at someone due to a comment made in a thread and someone who trolls a member just because they don't like how they think or what they believe. The first doesn't bother me at all. The second is a violation of forum rules and some members seem to not care. "Drama" is fine as well. There are several threads in OT that I have stayed away from due to subject matter - to each his own.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:31 PM   #22
jmscoggin

Quote:
There is a difference in poking fun at someone due to a comment made in a thread and someone who trolls a member just because they don't like how they think or what they believe. The first doesn't bother me at all. The second is a violation of forum rules and some members seem to not care. "Drama" is fine as well. There are several threads in OT that I have stayed away from due to subject matter - to each his own.
Good clarification, I misunderstood your earlier intent. I agree with this post completely although I am still Corndog intolerant.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:56 PM   #23
corndog

Quote:
Good clarification, I misunderstood your earlier intent. I agree with this post completely although I am still Corndog intolerant.
Corndogs are an acquired taste - like most upscale cuisine.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:07 PM   #24
jmscoggin

Quote:
Corndogs are an acquired taste - like most upscale cuisine.
Well played sir, well played. Burp, nope still not yet.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:08 PM   #25
SportsItUpCards
Banned

AGREED!

Like in this thread..... http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/o...missing-2.html

Detailed big time. Just a fun puzzle...

Quote:
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote