Old 09-02-2014, 02:08 PM   #26
WCTYSON
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halonut View Post
here is a pic of the PSA/DNA'd Trout from eBay
Not even the same superfractor stock.

Per the Ebay listing:

Trout was originally supposed to be an autograph in 2011 Bowman Chrome, but the card was pulled from production. This card has been obtained directly from Topps and signed by Trout. An incredibly unique Trout card!

I really like the fact that sellers do not even bother stating these are IP autos, in the titles.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:27 PM   #27
knicksguy86

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post

Per the Ebay listing:

Trout was originally supposed to be an autograph in 2011 Bowman Chrome, but the card was pulled from production. This card has been obtained directly from Topps and signed by Trout. An incredibly unique Trout card!

I really like the fact that sellers do not even bother stating these are IP autos, in the titles.
Shady biz.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:02 PM   #28
MetDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by enyouartist View Post
They are identical to the pack-pulled superfractors, but are missing the serial number. They originate from uncut sheets; these uncut sheets were giveaways through social media contests, and pack inserted redemption cards. Some speculate they were back doored, but those reports have not been substantiated. Dealers took the uncut sheets to a printer to professionally cut them, then sell them individually.

I find these make wonderful collectibles, and a more affordable alternative when the pack-pulled versions are not an option. While most test proof superfractors sell at a reasonable discount, some star test proof superfractors like Trout and Jeter can fetch $$$.

The infamy comes to play when nefarious individuals try and pass these off as pack-pulled superfractors.
While I have seen redemption cards for uncut sheets of various other parallells I have not seen one for superfractors. If you could provide a link to something that would be great. Just for clarities sake. My impression this whole time was that they were the excess test run the printer was supposed to destroy.

edit - my point being Ive never actually seen anything that substantiates where they come from , be it something printer was supposed to destroy , or actual topps giveaway.
There was one thread from a couple years ago where someone said the tweeted topps and topps claimed they were not supposed to be out there, but I dont tweet and gosh knows which of these threads it was.

On a separate note, I also have never seen a show off thread here at all from someone getting one as a redemption replacement which is another one of the lines some of these sellers use.

anyways op - treat them like novelties.
they typically sell for a tiny fraction of an actual superfractor.
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536

Last edited by MetDude; 09-02-2014 at 07:18 PM.
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:06 PM   #29
theRLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetDude View Post
While I have seen redemption cards for uncut sheets of various other parallells I have not seen one for superfractors. If you could provide a link to something that would be great. Just for clarities sake. My impression this whole time was that they were the excess test run the printer was supposed to destroy.

On a separate note, I also have never seen a show off thread here at all from someone getting one as a redemption replacement which is another one of the lines some of these sellers use.

anyways op - treat them like novelties.
they typically sell for a tiny fraction of an actual superfractor.
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/b...rfractors.html

Uncut sheets of Bowman Superfractors/Refractors surface from 2010-2012 | Uncharted Hobby

Not for redemption but they exist out there.

Last edited by theRLO; 09-02-2014 at 07:08 PM.
theRLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:10 PM   #30
MetDude

Im perfectly aware of the sheets themselves

please re read
Old 09-02-2014, 07:14 PM   #31
SaveMeTheGum

Don't. Buy. Them. It only encourages more of them to be listed/sold.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:25 PM   #32
jmscoggin

Really getting sick of this topic for many reasons.

* It starts new at least once a week because people refuse to use the search feature.

* Topps should have never allowed these to hit the street.

* BGS and PSA are making the problem worse by grading these and making them now legitimate.

* Scum bag sellers continue to take advantage of the last two points.
Example: 2010 Giancarlo Mike Stanton Finest Gold Refractor BGS 9 5 Gem Mint Only 50 Made | eBay

For those that don't know, ALL of the legit 2010 Finest cards have serial numbers. Anyone that has sold as many cards as the seller in my example should know this and yet he puts "This one is missing the serial # but there were only 50 produced" in the description. It is completely accurate and not a lie but it is akin to me painting a single Mona Lisa copy in my basement, putting it for sale on Ebay and putting in my description - "The Mona Lisa is a one of a kind priceless work of art, bid on this piece with confidence as you are getting a one of a kind". It would be a one of a kind as I would only paint one and the Mona Lisa IS a priceless artwork. I am so tired with the pos element of society that is always out to screw over others.

"nah not mad Maga cat ..."
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:29 PM   #33
exitmusicblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post

* It starts new at least once a week because people refuse to use the search feature.

* BGS and PSA are making the problem worse by grading these and making them now legitimate.

Example: 2010 Giancarlo Mike Stanton Finest Gold Refractor BGS 9 5 Gem Mint Only 50 Made | eBay

For those that don't know, ALL of the legit 2010 Finest cards have serial numbers. Anyone that has sold as many cards as the seller in my example should know this and yet he puts "This one is missing the serial # but there were only 50 produced" in the description. It is completely accurate and not a lie but it is akin to me painting a single Mona Lisa copy in my basement, putting it for sale on Ebay and putting in my description - "The Mona Lisa is a one of a kind priceless work of art, bid on this piece with confidence as you are getting a one of a kind". It would be a one of a kind as I would only paint one and the Mona Lisa IS a priceless artwork. I am so tired with the pos element of society that is always out to screw over others.
Couldn't have said it better. Say no to fake luxury goods.
https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/profile/29980-exitmusicblue/
exitmusicblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:32 PM   #34
MetDude

Quote:

There are always going to be new users who dont know.
Best to help them rather than let them dangle IMO.

Everything else is spot on.

Wish we could get a coupla these clowns to show up at a pub of our choosing one evening
Old 09-02-2014, 07:43 PM   #35
jmscoggin

Quote:
There are always going to be new users who dont know.
Best to help them rather than let them dangle IMO.

Everything else is spot on.

Wish we could get a coupla these clowns to show up at a pub of our choosing one evening
I agree completely. Not sure where you got the impression that I didn't care. I just wish people would use the search feature. This topic really should be a sticky. It would allow the newbies to learn and we could update the thread with listings that were doing this. Win/win.

Old 09-02-2014, 07:49 PM   #36
MetDude

Quote:
I agree completely. Not sure where you got the impression that I didn't care. I just wish people would use the search feature. This topic really should be a sticky. It would allow the newbies to learn and we could update the thread with listings that were doing this. Win/win.
My bad. It seems I misunderstood your annoyance of simply seeing the thread itself
as being directed at the user for even asking but not searching. Sorry bout that.

Sticky is a darn good idea.

Last edited by MetDude; 09-02-2014 at 07:51 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:15 PM   #37
jmscoggin

Quote:
My bad. It seems I misunderstood your annoyance of simply seeing the thread itself
as being directed at the user for even asking but not searching. Sorry bout that.

Sticky is a darn good idea.
No worries. To be honest it isn't even seeing the thread. It is that I've seen the exact same thread 2,364 times. I'm all for helping newbies and even more supportive of bringing scammers to light. Let's make a darn sticky that accomplishes both at once.

Old 02-07-2018, 08:55 PM   #38
BigJimC143

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post

Per the Ebay listing:

Hey WCTYSON please PM me. Have to ask you something.
BigJimC143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:24 PM   #39
Firerunner4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimC143 View Post
Hey WCTYSON please PM me. Have to ask you something.
He's been banned for several years now
Firerunner4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:26 PM   #40
BigJimC143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firerunner4 View Post
He's been banned for several years now

Oh. Haha. Nevermind then. Thanks!
BigJimC143 is offline   Reply With Quote