Blowout Cards Forums
Hot List

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

Notices

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 03-25-2018, 06:22 AM   #1
tomchi

Default Woods auto cards - estimated value?

I have been looking for some decent looking Tiger Woods auto card lately, and I came across a few. These are great looking cards with names of other greats in the sport.

What are your opinions about the price of the cards though? Do you think the price justifies the cards shown in the picture?

Separate from grading, MJ golf seems like its around 3-400$, because I have seen the 2014 Exquisite not selling for 500$ for quite some time. Rory McIlroy autos are less likely to be more expensive than MJ. I am guessing Tiger Woods Exquisite auto to be around $500.

So, if I am doing my math correctly, buying individually autographed cards will cost much less than the price listed by sellers. Do you guys think this is a good investment?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6489.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	334.7 KB
ID:	410587   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6491.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	300.2 KB
ID:	410588  
tomchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 08:52 AM   #2
patchgenie

yeah, the tiger/arnie/jack should keep its value and grow. the other one is not worth it. maybe 1k or something to the right person now, but i don't think much of rory. how many arnie/jack/tiger on-card autos are out there? not sure of a fair price on it though.
patchgenie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 09:19 AM   #3
twoten01

for investment purposes? horrible purchase.
to collect if you like the cards? absolutely.

if for investment, get the 2001 sp /900 auto
twoten01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 10:43 AM   #4
tomchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchgenie View Post
yeah, the tiger/arnie/jack should keep its value and grow. the other one is not worth it. maybe 1k or something to the right person now, but i don't think much of rory. how many arnie/jack/tiger on-card autos are out there? not sure of a fair price on it though.
Yeah I agree. There seems to be a little overhype about Rory.
I haven't seen a Arnold/Jack/Tiger, but a few Arnold/Jack/Player cards showed up.
I am not such a big fan of multiple auto cards, but it seems right to have great golfers on the same card because it reminds me of the rivalry between them. 2014 was a good year for golf.. I really appreciate your feedback.

This is the complete triple endorsement set :

EE3ELR Victoria Elizabeth / Stacy Lewis / Melissa Reid AU, SN15
EE3GCO Natalie Gulbis / Paula Creamer / Blair O'Neal AU, SN15
EE3JWM Michael Jordan / Tiger Woods / Rory McIlroy AU, SN10
EE3MMF Rory McIlroy / Graeme McDowell / Nick Faldo AU, SN10
EE3NPP Jack Nicklaus / Arnold Palmer / Gary Player AU, SN5
EE3PNW Arnold Palmer / Jack Nicklaus / Tiger Woods AU, SN5
EE3WIE Tiger Woods / Hale Irwin / Ernie Els AU, SN5

This is a SP authentic triple set :

ST3EWR Cheyenne Woods / Melissa Reid / Victoria Elizabeth AU
ST3HIS Trevor Immelman / Steve Stricker / Charles Howell III AU
ST3LHH D.H. Lee / Danny Lee / John Huh AU
ST3LOE Stacy Lewis / Ryann O'Toole / Victoria Elizabeth AU
ST3NPP Jack Nicklaus / Gary Player / Arnold Palmer AU
ST3OUM Edoardo Molinari / Louis Oosthuizen / Peter Uihlein AU
ST3WPM Tiger Woods / Johnny Miller / Gary Player AU
Old 03-25-2018, 10:46 AM   #5
tomchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoten01 View Post

Frankly speaking, I just like the card and want to collect it. Investing is always a good option, but sometimes it can be quite stressful, so I just leave it at that. A hobby should be stress free right?

Thank you for your feedback.

Much appreciated
Old 03-27-2018, 07:55 AM   #6
Thunderdunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoten01 View Post

Sp/900 RC are going the way of Bradey SP RC. Get'm while you can, but going to be tough, they are selling as fast as they come online.

Last edited by Thunderdunk; 03-27-2018 at 08:07 AM.
Thunderdunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 06:47 PM   #7
Mikegolf

There are only 6 on card autos in existence with Tiger, Arnie and Jack on them, the 5 regular and the gold 1/1. If that was you who purchased it, I think the price paid was fair. I own the 1/5 version. There will never be another card made like it! So be happy to own one if it was you.
Mikegolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:13 PM   #8
tomchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderdunk View Post
Sp/900 RC are going the way of Bradey SP RC. Get'm while you can, but going to be tough, they are selling as fast as they come online.
Sp /900 at 2800$ (PWCC) as I am writing this reply.. Wow
Must be a good investment for the future. But I chose Arnie/Jack/Woods combo.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:14 PM   #9
tomchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegolf View Post
There are only 6 on card autos in existence with Tiger, Arnie and Jack on them, the 5 regular and the gold 1/1. If that was you who purchased it, I think the price paid was fair. I own the 1/5 version. There will never be another card made like it! So be happy to own one if it was you.
Thank you, I was the one who got it, and luckily the seller made a good deal for me. I did my research too and came to know it is a super rare card. Have you ever seen the gold 1/1?
Wondering if it ever came to surface. Beautiful card by the way, can't wait to get it in my hands.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:14 PM   #10
Mikegolf

Yes the 1/1 is already in a collection somewhere. There was a pic floating around from a member here.

I know the seller you bought the triple from, great guy. You'll be very happy with the card once in hand. I look at mine all the time, very blessed to have one, like I said, there will never be another one made. Congratz!!! Now you just need the triple with Gary Player, they go so nice together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomchi View Post
Thank you, I was the one who got it, and luckily the seller made a good deal for me. I did my research too and came to know it is a super rare card. Have you ever seen the gold 1/1?
Wondering if it ever came to surface. Beautiful card by the way, can't wait to get it in my hands.
Mikegolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 07:19 PM   #11
stags11

Golf collector here. New to the golf boards though..
Saw the MJ/TW/Rory sold for 2k today. As for investments I think the tiger/jack/Annie is better personally, but at the end of the day, they are collectibles so if you like something, buy it and enjoy. I'm looking to get my hands on a tiger RC /900 to add to my collection personally, as I feel that is the best investment in the golf market at the moment.

Well I'm looking forward to being around here more. Enjoy the masters!
stags11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 07:54 PM   #12
tomchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by stags11 View Post
Golf collector here. New to the golf boards though..
Saw the MJ/TW/Rory sold for 2k today. As for investments I think the tiger/jack/Annie is better personally, but at the end of the day, they are collectibles so if you like something, buy it and enjoy. I'm looking to get my hands on a tiger RC /900 to add to my collection personally, as I feel that is the best investment in the golf market at the moment.

Well I'm looking forward to being around here more. Enjoy the masters!
Yeah I noticed it too, beautiful card also. I hope Tiger wins the upcoming masters, that will be groundbreaking.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:00 PM   #13
jick

I am relatively new to the hobby but am wondering, why is the Tiger /900 more expensive and sought after than his other auto cards of that year 2001 UD like SOTT or the one with red hues limited to 270+ pcs per design?
jick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 05:38 AM   #14
tomchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jick View Post
I am relatively new to the hobby but am wondering, why is the Tiger /900 more expensive and sought after than his other auto cards of that year 2001 UD like SOTT or the one with red hues limited to 270+ pcs per design?
Wondering the same thing actually..
Old 04-06-2018, 07:55 AM   #15
Thunderdunk

Quote:
the red sign of the times (SOTT) are not the Rookie Cards. They are from the rookie card year but they are inserts to the set. As any other player from other sports, the Rookie Card is what people covet. Dont get me wrong, inserts are neat as well, but the Rookie Card is where it is at.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:45 AM   #16
jick

Quote:
the red sign of the times (SOTT) are not the Rookie Cards. They are from the rookie card year but they are inserts to the set. As any other player from other sports, the Rookie Card is what people covet. Dont get me wrong, inserts are neat as well, but the Rookie Card is where it is at.
Not questioning the rookie card. I know what that is. I'm questioning why they covet one type of auto insert with a much higher print run over the other.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:51 AM   #17
Thunderdunk

Quote:
Not questioning the rookie card. I know what that is. I'm questioning why they covet one type of auto insert with a much higher print run over the other.
Your question was: "why is the Tiger /900 more expensive and sought after than his other auto cards of that year 2001 UD like SOTT or the one with red hues limited to 270+ pcs per design?"

The Tiger /900 is the rookie card. Thus more coveted . The Red hues limited to 270 is a insert from his rook year.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:12 AM   #18
tomchi

Quote:
Your question was: "why is the Tiger /900 more expensive and sought after than his other auto cards of that year 2001 UD like SOTT or the one with red hues limited to 270+ pcs per design?"

The Tiger /900 is the rookie card. Thus more coveted . The Red hues limited to 270 is a insert from his rook year.
Rookie cards are more coveted than other cards, regardless of the print run.
Many people don't realize that sometimes cards issued on the rookie year are not all rookie cards. Take for instance the 2009-10 Exquisite Collection Stephen Curry Auto cards.
There are two versions, #64 and #72. In this case, #64 is a true Rookie card. #72 is not.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:14 AM   #19
tomchi

It is as enlisted on Beckett.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6751 2.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	412634  
Old 04-10-2018, 09:25 PM   #20
jick

Quote:

Isn't Tiger's rookie card thevone unsigned with him pointing to the hole from the 2000 Pga championship?

Wouldn't the /900 be an insert like the red hue cards and the black and white unnumbered sott autos?
Old 04-11-2018, 08:07 AM   #21
Thunderdunk

Quote:
Isn't Tiger's rookie card thevone unsigned with him pointing to the hole from the 2000 Pga championship?

Wouldn't the /900 be an insert like the red hue cards and the black and white unnumbered sott autos?
Thats a different product. Go check out Lebron James. He has several rookie cards from different products. Chrome, SP , Exquisite and many others.

The one you speak of from the 2000 PGA is a RC but it was so massed produced. There are over 27000 of them graded by Beckett. Another 18000+ graded by psa.

There are different rookies, Just like Barry Bonds. Has a Fleer, Has a Topps, has a Tiffany Topps and many more.

Tiger has 4 Rookies - Sp Auto/900, SI Kids, GSV Masters Card (non official, but still collectible) and the 2000 PGA Point

Hope that helps. If your looking to pick up a TW Rookie, Go with the Sp Auto/900. Its completely undervalued and in my opinion will go the way of Tom Brady's SP Rookie.

Last edited by Thunderdunk; 04-11-2018 at 08:10 AM.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:57 AM   #22
jick

Quote:
Thats a different product. Go check out Lebron James. He has several rookie cards from different products. Chrome, SP , Exquisite and many others.

The one you speak of from the 2000 PGA is a RC but it was so massed produced. There are over 27000 of them graded by Beckett. Another 18000+ graded by psa.

There are different rookies, Just like Barry Bonds. Has a Fleer, Has a Topps, has a Tiffany Topps and many more.

Tiger has 4 Rookies - Sp Auto/900, SI Kids, GSV Masters Card (non official, but still collectible) and the 2000 PGA Point

Hope that helps. If your looking to pick up a TW Rookie, Go with the Sp Auto/900. Its completely undervalued and in my opinion will go the way of Tom Brady's SP Rookie.
Now I understand! I didn't know they were different products.

What I have coming is the 2001 Sott which is not an rc but I'm still getting to complete my set. I'm not sure what product that's from or what the odds are as I don't really buy boxes - I'm more on singles.

Thanks for all your input!
Old 04-12-2018, 07:50 PM   #23
tomchi

Quote:
Now I understand! I didn't know they were different products.

What I have coming is the 2001 Sott which is not an rc but I'm still getting to complete my set. I'm not sure what product that's from or what the odds are as I don't really buy boxes - I'm more on singles.

Thanks for all your input!
I have a question.. As you may or may not know, Arnold Palmer is famous for his line of clothing and merchandise. Also his contribution to IMG. Was there anyone (namely athletes) who had his name on clothing before Arnold Palmer??
Old 04-13-2018, 06:42 PM   #24
jick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomchi View Post
I have a question.. As you may or may not know, Arnold Palmer is famous for his line of clothing and merchandise. Also his contribution to IMG. Was there anyone (namely athletes) who had his name on clothing before Arnold Palmer??
I would know that far back.