Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 02-07-2015, 09:35 PM   #26
iluvfish2

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedbass91 View Post
It is a contradiction to say you love meat and yet despise hunting...
No really its not. There's a badzillion debates we could spur off of, but really dont want this to get locked. There's a lot of people that eat meat and never care to think of where it comes from and/or how it gets to the table. I'm ok with that. You can raise it for consumption, or breeding stock, just the same as wild herds are managed. How you look at meat is your choice. Just the same there's a lot that goes on in city life I'm less that educated on... And I'm ok with that.

Hunting can be a sport for some just as others its a way of life and a way to feed your family. I hunt with both types. The first works out well as I get their meat and put it to go use....one way would be tonights chili
Old 02-07-2015, 09:41 PM   #27
pensfan87893

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
No really its not. There's a badzillion debates we could spur off of, but really dont want this to get locked. There's a lot of people that eat meat and never care to think of where it comes from and/or how it gets to the table. I'm ok with that. You can raise it for consumption, or breeding stock, just the same as wild herds are managed. How you look at meat is your choice. Just the same there's a lot that goes on in city life I'm less that educated on... And I'm ok with that.

Hunting can be a sport for some just as others its a way of life and a way to feed your family. I hunt with both types. The first works out well as I get their meat and put it to go use....one way would be tonights chili
Venison chili sounds awesome! I actually just had back straps and fries tonight for dinner
Old 02-07-2015, 09:43 PM   #28
fullmetal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensfan87893 View Post
Venison chili sounds awesome! I actually just had back straps and fries tonight for dinner
I'm thawing venison sausage for tomorrow's breakfast. Bacon, sausage, eggs, biscuits, grits and white gravy. As the soon to be first pick in the NFL draft would say: "we do it big" in the south.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:46 PM   #29
pensfan87893

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
I'm thawing venison sausage for tomorrow's breakfast. Bacon, sausage, eggs, biscuits, grits and white gravy. As the soon to be first pick in the NFL draft would say: "we do it big" in the south.
Nice!!!! Now I'm hungry
Old 02-07-2015, 09:51 PM   #30
thenwhatjk

Vegetarian for about six years here (I'm sure fullmetal is shocked), but I gotta say, there's no room for metsplaya's vibe. If you're going to eat animals, own it from start to finish.
thenwhatjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:53 PM   #31
JUNKWAX

I had some venison breakfast sausage thawing out for in the morning but my dad called and it looks like I am going to head up to his place in the morning for a cookout. I will be taking two sticks of venison summer sausage for an appetizer though. Just slice it, smoke it for a while and eat it right off the grill. I usually don't save room for the main course.
JUNKWAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:07 PM   #32
Addison

There's no sport in hunting with a gun or weapon. Like grandma always said:

Be a man and use your hand.

\m/(>.<)\m/
Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:12 PM   #33
izybone

Carrots yell when you pull them out of the ground and kill them.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:22 PM   #34
tacoma34

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsplaya123 View Post
I will never condone hunting

Yes I love meat but to brag about killing animals and taking pictures of them is ridiculous in my opinion
Quote:
Because it's ridiculous that's why. I mean watching a deer grow up just so you can kill it? Do you know how absurd that sounds to me? Give me a freakn break already
Quote:
I understand I just like when I see people bragging about it
Quote:
My issue is bragging about it that's it

Tacoma please calm the hell down Mary. Getting all crazy because I said something you don't like.
I respect people's opposing perspective on hunting, but yours has been all over the place. You have stated differing opinions and now you are going back to not liking the "bragging about killing". I really hope you are sharing your opinions in the fishing thread because there is a lot of pictures with them "bragging" about there kills. Or are fish not sentient enough for you?
Old 02-07-2015, 10:26 PM   #35
fullmetal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensfan87893 View Post
Nice!!!! Now I'm hungry
I love to cook and breakfast may be my favorite meal to go 'all out.' I just enjoy cooking a big breakfast, even if it isn't morning time.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:45 PM   #36
TheMosh

Wish we could hunt with rifles or crossbows in Illinois
TheMosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:49 PM   #37
metsplaya123
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma34 View Post
I respect people's opposing perspective on hunting, but yours has been all over the place. You have stated differing opinions and now you are going back to not liking the "bragging about killing". I really hope you are sharing your opinions in the fishing thread because there is a lot of pictures with them "bragging" about there kills. Or are fish not sentient enough for you?
No fish aren't sentiment enough for me. I don't like seeing pictures bragging about killing something

Obviously hunters will disagree with me. But that doesn't mean I can't disagree
metsplaya123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 11:08 PM   #38
pensfan87893

Quote:
No fish aren't sentiment enough for me. I don't like seeing pictures bragging about killing something

Obviously hunters will disagree with me. But that doesn't mean I can't disagree
Hey mets, do you eat chicken, beef, or pork? I'm sure you eat one of the three. How do you think they end up on your plate? When you go to Red Lobster on Friday night, how does the lobster end up on that plate? When you order that bacon western double cheeseburger, how does it end up between those buns? If you were stranded on a desert island what would you eat? I understand the anti-hunters point of view, I really do! But you can't tell me that if you were starving to death, you wouldn't hunt for meat to survive? C'mon dude, lets be real now!
Old 02-07-2015, 11:51 PM   #39
sjorgen5

A hunting picture isn't bragging in the sense that you're thinking, it's sharing an accomplishment with others who will admire and appreciate the achievement. It may not be the best example, but my grandfather just passed away recently and hit 8 hole-in-one shots, and kept all of the scorecards. I took a picture holding them all...it wasn't to brag about what he did, but it's sharing the accomplishment with those that can appreciate it.
sjorgen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 12:02 AM   #40
Sheld505

I disagree with Metsplaya123 disagreeance. PETA kills animals and doesn't eat them. I hunt and sometimes harvest animal/s and provide food for my family, contribute funds to the state I live in so the state can maintain the wildlife areas non-hunters and disagreers bring their kids to, volunteer with NWTF, etc.

Posting some duck pics tomorrow...maybe some turkey pics too.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:08 AM   #41
metsplaya123
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheld505 View Post
I disagree with Metsplaya123 disagreeance. PETA kills animals and doesn't eat them. I hunt and sometimes harvest animal/s and provide food for my family, contribute funds to the state I live in so the state can maintain the wildlife areas non-hunters and disagreers bring their kids to, volunteer with NWTF, etc.

Posting some duck pics tomorrow...maybe some turkey pics too.
I disagree with your disagreeance of my disagreeance
Old 02-08-2015, 12:35 AM   #42
lindeman79
Banned

HAHAHAHAHAHA
lindeman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 12:59 AM   #43
cking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
There's no sport in hunting with a gun or weapon. Like grandma always said:

Be a man and use your hand.
I agree. Jump in the Octagon and knuckle up with BJ Penn or GSP if you want to impress me.

Killing a defenseless animal with a high powered weapon from 200 yards away does not impress me.

Give the animal a gun, intelligence and the ability to shoot back and lets see if you still go hunting

Fight a Tiger with your bare hands and lets see how that works out for you

Killing something that you have such a huge advantage on right from the start is not a sport. Its pretty one sided. You cant lose, only the animal can.

In real sports you can win or lose.

Carry on and god bless
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 01:06 AM   #44
metsplaya123
Banned

And if you really think hunting is a sport then we have another debate that I will gladly partake in. The above post sums it up
Old 02-08-2015, 01:10 AM   #45
lindeman79
Banned

And boom goes the dynamite

Last edited by lindeman79; 02-08-2015 at 01:31 AM.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:17 AM   #46
lindeman79
Banned

GIFSoup
Old 02-08-2015, 01:23 AM   #47
noryan34

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
I agree. Jump in the Octagon and knuckle up with BJ Penn or GSP if you want to impress me.

Killing a defenseless animal with a high powered weapon from 200 yards away does not impress me.

Give the animal a gun, intelligence and the ability to shoot back and lets see if you still go hunting

Killing something that you have such a huge advantage on right from the start is not a sport. Its pretty one sided. You cant lose, only the animal can.

Carry on and god bless
Give me the deer's sense of smell, hearing and vastly superior illusive skills I will take that bet....oh wait then I am a wolf.

Animals have advantages over hunters that people who do not hunt have a hard time seeing or realizing.

Think of a person hunting as another predator, but instead of his sense of smell, hearing, and athleticism amplified he uses his intelligence to make weapons that give him an advantage. No different than any other predator just different means of advantage.

Ya of course you really can't be killed when hunting PREY animals...... Deer are PREY animals they are not PREDATORS so of course you can't be killed by one.

But yes you can lose, i have went hunting many more times and not killed, harvested, or taken something so then the animal actually has "won" more times than not.

All animals have there own survival mechanisms, humans use their intelligence over other animals and plants, so to say that that is unfair is not really a proper argument.
noryan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 01:28 AM   #48
DannyShakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindeman79 View Post
And bomb goes the dynamite
You mean boom goes the dynamite?

I for one am a hunter. I hope my children one day become a hunter.. I don't always rely on hormone injected animals from a store that I don't even know if the meat is good to support my family. I would rather go get it myself.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:36 AM   #49
sjorgen5

Quote:
Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
Give me the deer's sense of smell, hearing and vastly superior illusive skills I will take that bet....oh wait then I am a wolf.

Animals have advantages over hunters that people who do not hunt have a hard time seeing or realizing.

Think of a person hunting as another predator, but instead of his sense of smell, hearing, and athleticism amplified he uses his intelligence to make weapons that give him an advantage. No different than any other predator just different means of advantage.

Ya of course you really can't be killed when hunting PREY animals...... Deer are PREY animals they are not PREDATORS so of course you can't be killed by one.

But yes you can lose, i have went hunting many more times and not killed, harvested, or taken something so then the animal actually has "won" more times than not.

All animals have there own survival mechanisms, humans use their intelligence over other animals and plants, so to say that that is unfair is not really a proper argument.
Spot on. Anyone who thinks hunting is just walking around and pulling a trigger should reconsider...at the very least to expand their mindset and consider the alternative mindset.
sjorgen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 09:01 AM   #50
JUNKWAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post

Carry on and god bless
You are certainly entitled to your opinion but your opinion clearly shows how little you know about hunting.

I have been out smarted by certain deer I have hunted over the years more times than I can count. I have one buck on camera that I have never seen in person but I have game cam pics of him. Two years ago he was a 12 point with split brows. Found his sheds from last year and he was a 19 point. Never even got pics of him that year but I knew he was there.

I also have a 23"-24" wide 8 point that I have had game cam pics of since 2007. Saw him once in bow season in 2007 and never saw him again until this past December when he was 11.5 years old. Had I not already taken the buck I posted the picture of he would be hanging on my wall right now.

Don't tell me that deer don't have an advantage over hunters.
JUNKWAX is offline   Reply With Quote