Blowout Cards Forums
April Showers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > Sports & Politics

Notices

Sports & Politics This section is for all political sports talk. Regrettably we feel that in some instances there is no way to eliminate politics from football, basketball, and baseball hobbytalk. Do you pretend nothing is happening with the Warriors, Steelers, A's, etc? This section is for all political sports discussion. However, it is for civil discussion only. No insults aimed at members, political parties, or politicians will be tolerated. There is no warning. If you cannot be civil, you will lose your posting privileges on this site.

Old 11-07-2017, 08:04 PM   #276
cruiserdaddy7

Went to the Smithsonian in DC and saw the flag for which the anthem was written. Read the quotes and meaning behind this. What these players are kneeling for simply has nothing to do with the anthem nor the flag.

An amazing sight, something that should be on the bucket list of all Americans.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:11 PM   #277
pgisback

The real agenda..............

"When California lawmakers return to the Capitol in January, the state chapter of the NAACP will be seeking their support for a campaign to remove “The Star-Spangled Banner” as the national anthem.

The organization last week began circulating among legislative offices two resolutions that passed at its state conference in October: one urging Congress to rescind “one of the most racist, pro-slavery, anti-black songs in the American lexicon” as the national anthem, and another in support of former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who launched a protest movement against police brutality among professional athletes by kneeling when “The Star-Spangled Banner” was played before games.

“We owe a lot of it to Kaepernick,” California NAACP President Alice Huffman said. “I think all this controversy about the knee will go away once the song is removed.”
Old 11-08-2017, 01:37 PM   #278
pgisback

Wow, I remember the kneelers using this. I think even Kaep retweeted this to show how a strong leader handles racists. Apparently the whole thing was a hoax written by the supposed victim himself. Will it get mainstream publicity? Absolutely not, it will be like the Michael Bennett LVMPD lie and get pushed to the side. The SJW machine does not care about lies, they only have a one sided agenda.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/07/ha..._medium=Social

Last edited by iluvfish2; 11-09-2017 at 09:22 PM. Reason: seems creditable
Old 11-08-2017, 05:27 PM   #279
rman112
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgisback View Post
Wow, I remember the kneelers using this. I think even Kaep retweeted this to show how a strong leader handles racists. Apparently the whole thing was a hoax written by the supposed victim himself. Will it get mainstream publicity? Absolutely not, it will be like the Michael Bennett LVMPD lie and get pushed to the side. The SJW machine does not care about lies, they only have a one sided agenda.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/07/ha..._medium=Social
Very true. Not exactly the first time something like this has happened.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:39 PM   #280
pgisback

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman112 View Post
Very true. Not exactly the first time something like this has happened.
It’s funny watching them get on their SJW high horses without a shred of evidence to back their claims. Their agenda couldn’t be more obvious.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:26 PM   #281
spuds1961

Quote:
It’s funny watching them get on their SJW high horses without a shred of evidence to back their claims. Their agenda couldn’t be more obvious.
Their agenda is quite obvious, and it won't end until we find that white people never really existed.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:45 PM   #282
preakness

Nobody better kneel Veterans Day weekend
Old 11-10-2017, 11:14 AM   #283
pgisback

If kneeling/sitting wasn't disrespectful not sure why the Seahawks players all decided to stand just because it was Veterans Day weekend.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:40 AM   #284
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by preakness View Post
Nobody better kneel Veterans Day weekend
Or else what
Old 11-14-2017, 01:35 PM   #285
pgisback

There are many veterans who disagree just like others... but the fact there are veterans that do feel like this makes it sickening the NFL allows this. Because we all know if it was an issue that offended women or the LGBT it would be banned instantly. Heck, an NFL player was suspended, fined, and had to go to sensitivity classes for simply saying "Horrible" to Michael Sam kissing his bf. What a crazy world we live in. The NFL has gone full SJW like ESPN.

Quote:
An angry group of Chicago area veterans turned out Sunday during the Bears-Packers NFL game to burn football jerseys in protest of the way NFL owners have responded to the long-simmering national anthem controversy, according to a report in the Chicago Tribune.

"We fought for your freedom, but our brothers and sisters did not lay down their lives so you could disrespect the flag or our country," said Joe Toma, who helped organize the jersey burning.
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/footb...12b01fbbc.html
Old 11-14-2017, 01:47 PM   #286
twisty571

Quote:
The real agenda..............

"When California lawmakers return to the Capitol in January, the state chapter of the NAACP will be seeking their support for a campaign to remove “The Star-Spangled Banner” as the national anthem.

The organization last week began circulating among legislative offices two resolutions that passed at its state conference in October: one urging Congress to rescind “one of the most racist, pro-slavery, anti-black songs in the American lexicon” as the national anthem, and another in support of former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who launched a protest movement against police brutality among professional athletes by kneeling when “The Star-Spangled Banner” was played before games.

“We owe a lot of it to Kaepernick,” California NAACP President Alice Huffman said. “I think all this controversy about the knee will go away once the song is removed.”
That is one of the stupidest things I have read! Jesus who are some of these people? I wish you could put an M-16 in their hand and a uniform on each one of these people and march them out to a war and see how they feel then.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:53 PM   #287
Orangejello727

Quote:
There are many veterans who disagree just like others... but the fact there are veterans that do feel like this makes it sickening the NFL allows this. Because we all know if it was an issue that offended women or the LGBT it would be banned instantly. Heck, an NFL player was suspended, fined, and had to go to sensitivity classes for simply saying "Horrible" to Michael Sam kissing his bf. What a crazy world we live in. The NFL has gone full SJW like ESPN.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/footb...12b01fbbc.html
There are vets that have been vocal about supporting the right to protest by kneeling of football players. There are vets that dont agree with it. Vet vs Vet, who has the edge in that case? Are you saying Vets who served and fought to for the US that agree with the right to protest by kneeling is wrong? That they do not have a voice or their choice should not matter even after they served for their country?
Old 11-14-2017, 01:56 PM   #288
pgisback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
There are vets that have been vocal about supporting the right to protest by kneeling of football players. There are vets that dont agree with it. Vet vs Vet, who has the edge in that case? Are you saying Vets who served and fought to for the US that agree with the right to protest by kneeling should is wrong? That they do not have a voice or their choice should not matter even after they served for their country?
I obviously said that there are different opinions among vets, lol. That was the point. That regardless of who supports the whiny kneelers, if it's offending millions of vets, the NFL should not allow it. They would not allow actions that offended millions of LGBT.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:02 PM   #289
Orangejello727

Quote:
I obviously said that there are different opinions among vets, lol. That was the point. That regardless of who supports the whiny kneelers, if it's offending millions of vets, the NFL should not allow it. They would not allow actions that offended millions of LGBT.
The right to protest in peaceful assembly is critical to a functioning democracy and at the core of the First Amendment. You would be essentially taking that away by your standards.

I dont know about the LGBT issue. We are talking about peaceful protest here and a citizens right to it. Should we take that right away from citizens?
Old 11-14-2017, 02:05 PM   #290
pgisback

Quote:
The right to protest in peaceful assembly is critical to a functioning democracy and at the core of the First Amendment. You would be essentially taking that away by your standards.

I dont know about the LGBT issue. We are talking about peaceful protest here and a citizens right to it. Should we take that right away from citizens?
The NFL is a business. The right to protest protects you against the government. And your right to protest doesn't mean it's the right thing to do nor do you have to respect those doing it.

The vet who organized the burning even explains why they're doing it...

"We fought for your freedom, but our brothers and sisters did not lay down their lives so you could disrespect the flag or our country,"
Old 11-14-2017, 02:06 PM   #291
pgisback

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisty571 View Post
That is one of the stupidest things I have read! Jesus who are some of these people? I wish you could put an M-16 in their hand and a uniform on each one of these people and march them out to a war and see how they feel then.
It's insane, but sadly I feel that's where we are heading. That's why I can't stand Kaepnernick. This is what he wants. Soon we will stop playing the anthem at sporting events, then they will go after the flag. The NAACP, Kaep, and these extremist want to tear down America.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:10 PM   #292
twisty571

Quote:
It's insane, but sadly I feel that's where we are heading. That's why I can't stand Kaepnernick. This is what he wants. Soon we will stop playing the anthem at sporting events, then they will go after the flag. The NAACP, Kaep, and these extremist want to tear down America.
I agree but by saying that I am now labelled a racist.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:15 PM   #293
Orangejello727

Quote:
The NFL is a business. The right to protest protects you against the government. And your right to protest doesn't mean it's the right thing to do nor do you have to respect those doing it.

The vet who organized the burning even explains why they're doing it...

"We fought for your freedom, but our brothers and sisters did not lay down their lives so you could disrespect the flag or our country,"
You deflected my question. Should we take the right to peacefully protest away from citizens? If the answer is no, then kneeling for the anthem is the same as a vet burning a jersey. Both are a form of protest.

The NFL is a business. Thus if these players violate the terms of conditions, then then NFL has the right to fire them due to their ramifications. Just like the players have the right to contend the ramifications of payouts due to contractual agreements. So nothings is wrong here. Let the NFL drop every single player that kneels and take it from there. But im sure the owners of franchises do not want to go there because it will take a toll in their pocket books. Hence why nothing of the sort has happend. A great example of how $$ have exceeded the ranks of respect for the flag.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:19 PM   #294
pgisback

Quote:
You deflected my question. Should we take the right to peacefully protest away from citizens? If the answer is no, then kneeling for the anthem is the same as a vet burning a jersey. Both are a form of protest.
I did answer your question. The NFL is not the govt. They can stop their employees from protesting on their dime and pissing off half their customers. And that does not mean your right to peacefully protest has been taken away.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:59 PM   #295
Orangejello727

Quote:
I did answer your question. The NFL is not the govt. They can stop their employees from protesting on their dime and pissing off half their customers. And that does not mean your right to peacefully protest has been taken away.
Then your blame is pointed in the wrong direction. You are upset at the NFL for not penalizing the players. You should not be upset at the players. They did what they thought was right. The NFL didnt get rid of them. Thats who you should be upset with.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:04 PM   #296
pgisback

Quote:
Then your blame is pointed in the wrong direction. You are upset at the NFL for not penalizing the players. You should not be upset at the players. They did what they thought was right. The NFL didnt get rid of them. Thats who you should be upset with.
Blame is always on those committing the actions first and foremost. The next series of blame is on those that condone the actions and allow them to happen when they have the ability to stop them. The disrespectful whiny anti-American kneelers following in the footsteps of a racist in Colin Kaepernick definitely deserve most of the blame.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:14 PM   #297
mattsey9

Quote:

Dude was arrested. More proof that there is no systemic racism in this country.

Collecting:
Redskins RC Auto PC - 216/363 (59.5%)
Ben Gamel Bowman/BC/Heritage
Nikita Kucherov RCs/On Card Autos

Oh, really?
Old 11-14-2017, 03:22 PM   #298
Orangejello727

Quote:
Blame is always on those committing the actions first and foremost. The next series of blame is on those that condone the actions and allow them to happen when they have the ability to stop them. The disrespectful whiny anti-American kneelers following in the footsteps of a racist in Colin Kaepernick definitely deserve most of the blame.
You have it all wrong. Just like free speech gives you the right to say what you want but doesnt negate the ramification of what you say. So in this case, the players have the right to peacefully protest by kneeling. That does not negate the ramifications of what can happen you kneel during the anthem. The onus is on the NFL to penalize what they deem to be a violation of their terms.

There has been no violation of the first amendment (govt or private). By telling players that they cannot peacefully protest, you are violating their rights as US citizens (govt or private). The onus is on the NFL to penalize the players if they feel it violates their conditions.

To put it in basic english here.. numerous people are upset for the kneeling. But the real issue is they are upset that the profits have superseded disrespect to the flag. Money once again has been found to be more important then a disrespect to the flag by the NFL and those who are upset dont want to blame the NFL for not stopping it. They rather blame the players because it fits the agenda. Disrespect is a matter of opinion and all subjective.

I hate pointing it out, but profits have trumped everything once again.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:35 PM   #299
pgisback

Quote:
You have it all wrong. Just like free speech gives you the right to say what you want but doesnt negate the ramification of what you say. So in this case, the players have the right to peacefully protest by kneeling. That does not negate the ramifications of what can happen you kneel during the anthem. The onus is on the NFL to penalize what they deem to be a violation of their terms.
You have it all wrong. Free speech, peaceful protests are protections from the government, not your employer. So it's meaningless to talk about those. Since no one is asking the government to arrest players for kneeling. But we can darn sure ask the NFL to stop it.

Quote:
There has been no violation of the first amendment (govt or private). By telling players that they cannot peacefully protest, you are violating their rights as US citizens (govt or private). The onus is on the NFL to penalize the players if they feel it violates their conditions.
They are employees. Employees can be told what to do. Come on now, lol. Your argument is ridiculous. Just say you agree with the message instead of this ridiculous nonsense about free speech. We all know free speech only exists for the left if they agree with the message.

Quote:
To put it in basic english here.. numerous people are upset for the kneeling. But the real issue is they are upset that the profits have superseded disrespect to the flag. Money once again has been found to be more important then a disrespect to the flag by the NFL and those who are upset dont want to blame the NFL for not stopping it. They rather blame the players because it fits the agenda. Disrespect is a matter of opinion and all subjective.

I hate pointing it out, but profits have trumped everything once again.
Players are grown ups. I disagree with their actions. I can blame them all I want and I do not have to respect them because they choose to kneel during the national anthem, lol.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:40 PM   #300
Orangejello727

Quote:

They are employees. Employees can be told what to do. Come on now, lol. Your argument is ridiculous. Just say you agree with the message instead of this ridiculous nonsense about free speech. We all know free speech only exists for the left if they agree with the message.
So the player chose to kneel. If the employers can tell them what to do, why hasnt the NFL got rid of them?