Blowout Cards Forums
Wave 12

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Old 06-30-2015, 11:52 AM   #1
NeedChapmans

Default TripleHattrick2 - Habitual eBay Shill Bidder

Hat tip to Blowout member Tones; initial Blowout post about Alex's shill bidding practices is here: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/f...-listings.html

Got me thinking; if Alex did this for one card, there's a good chance he's done this for others as well. Sure enough, if you sort his completed listings, you'll find a lot of valuable cards ended early in June, and then showed up on Probstein's auction list a few days later. If you take a look at the bid history of these cards, you'll find bids from Fielder4MVP all over 'em, sometimes losing by just a hair. Darn the luck!

For example (all owned by Fielder4MVP...

2011 Bowman Sterling Dylan Bundy Red Refractor Superfractor Auto 1 1 BGS 9 5 | eBay
2012 Bowman Chrome Addison Russell Gold Refractor Auto Autograph 50 BGS 9 | eBay
2013 Bowman Chrome Eddie Butler Red Refractor Auto Autograph SP 5 BGS 9 5 | eBay

And then all listed by Probstein, with losing bids by a member feedback score of 6440 (the same feedback of Fielder4MVP) ...

eBay.com Item Bid History

The list goes on. Consequentially, I'm drafting an email to Probstein123 to alert him of what's happening here (whether or not he chooses to do anything about it is up to him) as well as drafting an email to eBay to alert them of the constant shilling. I know some say you should only pay what your comfortable with, and I agree; but this is a clear case of market manipulation and what you are willing to pay may be higher because of fraudulent past sales ...
Ottomatic- "Facts, especially on 99% white Blowout. If I was Blowout I would delete political threads immediately. If an outsider read one they would vomit and then probably try to get the site shut down, it's that bad."
NeedChapmans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 12:01 PM   #2
glen87

for those that will eventually throw out the argument that he is not the seller, so he can bid on the item, i will refer you to this:

Rules for buyers ? overview

pay careful attention to these points:

"You can only bid if you really intend to buy the item, even if you're making a non-binding bid."

"If you know the seller, you can't bid on the item with the intent to increase its price or desirability artificially.
This rule applies to family, friends, roommates, employees, and online connections."
Old 06-30-2015, 12:27 PM   #3
Gr5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
Hat tip to Blowout member Tones; initial Blowout post about Alex's shill bidding practices is here: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/f...-listings.html

Got me thinking; if Alex did this for one card, there's a good chance he's done this for others as well. Sure enough, if you sort his completed listings, you'll find a lot of valuable cards ended early in June, and then showed up on Probstein's auction list a few days later. If you take a look at the bid history of these cards, you'll find bids from Fielder4MVP all over 'em, sometimes losing by just a hair. Darn the luck!

For example (all owned by Fielder4MVP...

2011 Bowman Sterling Dylan Bundy Red Refractor Superfractor Auto 1 1 BGS 9 5 | eBay
2012 Bowman Chrome Addison Russell Gold Refractor Auto Autograph 50 BGS 9 | eBay
2013 Bowman Chrome Eddie Butler Red Refractor Auto Autograph SP 5 BGS 9 5 | eBay

And then all listed by Probstein, with losing bids by a member feedback score of 6440 (the same feedback of Fielder4MVP) ...

The list goes on. Consequentially, I'm drafting an email to Probstein123 to alert him of what's happening here (whether or not he chooses to do anything about it is up to him) as well as drafting an email to eBay to alert them of the constant shilling. I know some say you should only pay what your comfortable with, and I agree; but this is a clear case of market manipulation and what you are willing to pay may be higher because of fraudulent past sales ...

LOL

a. too much time on your hands.

b. you think probstein or eBay care about this, they don't hate to break it to ya. just makes sales seem higher then they are, which is only benefiting them...
Gr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 12:32 PM   #4
NeedChapmans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr5 View Post
LOL

b. you think probstein or eBay care about this, they don't hate to break it to ya. just makes sales seem higher then they are, which is only benefiting them...
Better than to do nothing and let them cheat others.
Ottomatic- "Facts, especially on 99% white Blowout. If I was Blowout I would delete political threads immediately. If an outsider read one they would vomit and then probably try to get the site shut down, it's that bad."
Old 06-30-2015, 01:01 PM   #5
bigbensbff

Quote:
LOL

i will take things shilllers say for $300 Alex

Always Buying Football Lots, Buckets, Collections
bigbensbff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 01:19 PM   #6
Andrew Jones

Regardless of the outcome, I appreciate the effort NC. If nothing else, that's one more seller from which I won't be buying.

Quote:
LOL

I didn't expect such an early White Knight appearance. Do you know the shiller personally or are you just generally a fan of scumbags in the hobby?
Old 06-30-2015, 01:27 PM   #7
NeedChapmans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
Regardless of the outcome, I appreciate the effort NC. If nothing else, that's one more seller from which I won't be buying.

I didn't expect such an early White Knight appearance. Do you know the shiller personally or are you just generally a fan of scumbags in the hobby?
This guy had a problem with me when Mike C. was banned and I referenced some old transactions with him. A gem from one of my FS threads ...

Quote:
Lol, my man. I KIlLED it on that taveras stuff.

It's more your cocky attitude I could care less for. Also how you tried to completely destroy Mike's reputation in those other threads. Like I said though really cause ur just a POMPUS d!ck.
So his first post in 6+ months, is to defend a shiller. Stand up guy; must be a defense attorney of some-kind.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:42 PM   #8
jlzinck

What a fricken lowlife.
I look forward to see what the consignor says.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:46 PM   #9
Abbeyroad

If eBay and/or the consignor knowingly allow this to happen, I have to believe they have some sort of liability that could potentially result in either litigation/lawsuit or fraud charges? And no, I'm not an attorney.
Abbeyroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 03:08 PM   #10
SteelPen2

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen87 View Post

"You can only bid if you really intend to buy the item, even if you're making a non-binding bid."

"If you know the seller, you can't bid on the item with the intent to increase its price or desirability artificially.
This rule applies to family, friends, roommates, employees, and online connections."
I'd like eBay to explain how they figure out someone's intention on an Internet site. I've seen bidders bid at $1.00 increments until they get the highest bid. I still don't understand their reasoning in doing this.

My bucket: http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m305/steelpen2/Cards_Trade_Sale/
SteelPen2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 03:10 PM   #11
CARDGUY123

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelPen2 View Post
I'd like eBay to explain how they figure out someone's intention on an Internet site. I've seen bidders bid at $1.00 increments until they get the highest bid. I still don't understand their reasoning in doing this.
When I first got back into the hobby. That was how I used to bid. After a couple months I figured out it was just easier to put my max bid in and let it go.

WINDOW LICKERS UNITE!!! ASK ME HOW!

Last edited by CARDGUY123; 06-30-2015 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Stupid auto correct
CARDGUY123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 03:59 PM   #12
thenextlevel
Banned - PBM

I recognize the fielder4mvp name, i believe this guy is big on the razzing sites. in fact im almost 100% sure. boxbusters i think, he has or had his own channel.
thenextlevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 04:20 PM   #13
no10pin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelPen2 View Post
Some mobile devices have a button that bids the next highest bid increment with one click. I think some people just hit that repeatedly until they take over the bid, it's easier that going through the bidding process I guess.
no10pin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 04:22 PM   #14
JMPKCP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextlevel View Post
I recognize the fielder4mvp name, i believe this guy is big on the razzing sites. in fact im almost 100% sure. boxbusters i think, he has or had his own channel.
Yup, he's on boxbusters.tv. Never razzed with him, but did a couple small deals. Seems like a genuinely nice guy FWIW. No idea on the shill stuff, though, so I'll keep my mouth shut there.
JMPKCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 05:38 PM   #15
Lockdown32

I could be wrong, but I think probstein made a thread on blowout asking what they could do to stop shilling on their stuff so they made it seem like they care. So if they were serious his email will help them.

Quote:
LOL

Old 06-30-2015, 05:40 PM   #16
JMPKCP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown32 View Post
I could be wrong, but I think probstein made a thread on blowout asking what they could do to stop shilling on their stuff so they made it seem like they care. So if they were serious his email will help them.
Lol, I think that was PWCC
JMPKCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 02:48 AM   #17
Lockdown32

Yep it was pwcc. I knew it was one of them. Either way it can't hurt to send them an email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMPKCP View Post
Lol, I think that was PWCC
Old 07-01-2015, 10:20 AM   #18
Bob Loblaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
This guy had a problem with me when Mike C. was banned and I referenced some old transactions with him. A gem from one of my FS threads ...

So his first post in 6+ months, is to defend a shiller. Stand up guy; must be a defense attorney of some-kind.
Hey now . . . .
Old 07-02-2015, 09:52 AM   #19
scoobysnacks4u

best thing probstein ever did was putting their name on the front of their auction listings. Saved me from wasting time having to click on them to find out it was one of their listings.
scoobysnacks4u is offline   Reply With Quote