Blowout Cards Forums
Wave 8

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2015, 01:17 PM   #1
Boo
Member
 
Boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 18,978
Default Frankenvirus - we are a pretty stupid species

Frankenvirus emerges from Siberia's frozen wasteland
__________________
CheckOutMyCards ID = klay22
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:19 PM   #2
EB31
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,319
Default

Lmao. Just like the Ebola "outbreak".
EB31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:25 PM   #3
Addison
Member
 
Addison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ...on the beach
Posts: 7,290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB31 View Post
Lmao. Just like the Ebola "outbreak".
Was that a conspiracy?
__________________



\m/(>.<)\m/
Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:25 PM   #4
death2redemptions
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Creeping in mama's cellar
Posts: 59,420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Was that a conspiracy?
Biggest false flag in the history of false flags.
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:31 PM   #5
TrueNE_09
Member
 
TrueNE_09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 16,679
Default

Goes great on toast.
__________________
Generally looking for BGS-graded autographs of Andrew Benintendi from Topps/Bowman products
TrueNE_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:32 PM   #6
groundsupport
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 16,304
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
Biggest false flag in the history of false flags.
Are we talking about Climate Change?
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:34 PM   #7
death2redemptions
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Creeping in mama's cellar
Posts: 59,420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
Are we talking about Climate Change?
Now that's a False Flag if I've ever heard of one.
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:42 PM   #8
Nicnac
Member
 
Nicnac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: nutty Florida
Posts: 12,054
Default

First 6 months of 2015 hottest on record

July 2015 - Hottest month ever

Looks like August will be the hottest recorded.

You'd be a fool to deny this year has been exceptionally hot. It's September and there is no letting up here in south Florida.

I expect we will have the mildest winter here in the last 10 years.


Back on topic: But they are professionals aren't they? LOL

Last edited by Nicnac; 09-09-2015 at 01:44 PM.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:43 PM   #9
Boo
Member
 
Boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 18,978
Default

Guys this isn't about climate "change". It's about us be so GD stupid that we want to awaken viruses from thousands of years ago.
__________________
CheckOutMyCards ID = klay22
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:45 PM   #10
Nicnac
Member
 
Nicnac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: nutty Florida
Posts: 12,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Guys this isn't about climate "change". It's about us be so GD stupid that we want to awaken viruses from thousands of years ago.
They bring this up in EVERY DAMN THREAD like a broken record.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:45 PM   #11
death2redemptions
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Creeping in mama's cellar
Posts: 59,420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Guys this isn't about climate "change". It's about us be so GD stupid that we want to awaken viruses from thousands of years ago.

Scientists said they will reanimate a 30,000-year-old giant virus unearthed in the frozen wastelands of Siberia, and warned climate change may awaken dangerous microscopic pathogens.
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:47 PM   #12
Boo
Member
 
Boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 18,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
They bring this up in EVERY DAMN THREAD like a broken record.
That is not nice...
__________________
CheckOutMyCards ID = klay22
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:47 PM   #13
Boo
Member
 
Boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 18,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
Scientists said they will reanimate a 30,000-year-old giant virus unearthed in the frozen wastelands of Siberia, and warned climate change may awaken dangerous microscopic pathogens.
I know it's in there but that isn't really why we are stupid, well maybe it is.
__________________
CheckOutMyCards ID = klay22
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:48 PM   #14
groundsupport
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 16,304
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
First 6 months of 2015 hottest on record

July 2015 - Hottest month ever

Looks like August will be the hottest recorded.

You'd be a fool to deny this year has been exceptionally hot. It's September and there is no letting up here in south Florida.

I expect we will have the mildest winter here in the last 10 years.


Back on topic: But they are professionals aren't they? LOL


So they're planning to change the name back to Global Warming now?
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:49 PM   #15
death2redemptions
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Creeping in mama's cellar
Posts: 59,420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
I know it's in there but that isn't really why we are stupid, well maybe it is.
I know, I was just tugging your nuts (it's an expression).
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:49 PM   #16
Boo
Member
 
Boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 18,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
First 6 months of 2015 hottest on record

July 2015 - Hottest month ever

Looks like August will be the hottest recorded.

You'd be a fool to deny this year has been exceptionally hot. It's September and there is no letting up here in south Florida.

I expect we will have the mildest winter here in the last 10 years.


Back on topic: But they are professionals aren't they? LOL
The NE is to have one of the coldest/snowest winters, you can't go by one part of the country (or world for that matter).
__________________
CheckOutMyCards ID = klay22
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:50 PM   #17
Boo
Member
 
Boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 18,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
I know, I was just tugging your nuts (it's an expression).
I figured you were tired of tugging your own today...
__________________
CheckOutMyCards ID = klay22
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:55 PM   #18
groundsupport
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 16,304
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
The NE is to have one of the coldest/snowest winters, you can't go by one part of the country (or world for that matter).
I learned in school once that they had global warming in North Africa/Middle east. Due to the industrial revolution and emissions from V8 engines, the vast green wilderness of Northern Africa's vegetation died.

That's why we now have the Sahara Desert.

The Aliens then packed up their crap and left. They only left behind the pyramids as proof of their existence.

Last edited by groundsupport; 09-09-2015 at 02:25 PM.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 02:19 PM   #19
NickM
Member
 
NickM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11,694
Default

Large portions of our species still haven't figured out not to defecate in their water supply.
That virus is probably still around.
__________________
1st superfractor hit by RK Collectibles. 2014 Bowman Chrome Mini BB Chris Kohler.
"What do we want?"
"Time travel."
"And when do we want it?"
"It's irrelevant."
NickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 02:23 PM   #20
calculusdork
Member
 
calculusdork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 18,825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
First 6 months of 2015 hottest on record

July 2015 - Hottest month ever

Looks like August will be the hottest recorded.

You'd be a fool to deny this year has been exceptionally hot. It's September and there is no letting up here in south Florida.

I expect we will have the mildest winter here in the last 10 years.


Back on topic: But they are professionals aren't they? LOL
I distinctly remember September 2008 in North Alabama. It was over 100 degrees for like 12 straight days. I didn't have air conditioning in my car, so every afternoon commute was a struggle.

I don't think we've even had a single day over 100 this year.

I don't give a crap about the philosophy of whether or not global warming is actually happening, and I am only one data point ... but I do know enough people and about data collection to know that people fudge data. Whether that is happening in the articles you posted or not ... who knows. However, you shared evidence from your own personal experience, so I figured I would share mine.
__________________
==============================
~~ MIKE FOLTYNEWICZ Collector ~~
~~ 3-Time GINTER CODE Winner ~~
==============================
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 02:24 PM   #21
calculusdork
Member
 
calculusdork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 18,825
Default

Also, the Frankenvirus sounds like a real gas
__________________
==============================
~~ MIKE FOLTYNEWICZ Collector ~~
~~ 3-Time GINTER CODE Winner ~~
==============================
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 02:59 PM   #22
Nicnac
Member
 
Nicnac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: nutty Florida
Posts: 12,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
The NE is to have one of the coldest/snowest winters, you can't go by one part of the country (or world for that matter).
Global warming / climate change does not mean the entire year is hot. It also means winters can tend to be more fierce, focused, colder than normal.

It's short sighted to take any single year, even any decade to make a point one way or the other. This is why we have records going back 150 years to rely on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
I distinctly remember September 2008 in North Alabama. It was over 100 degrees for like 12 straight days. I didn't have air conditioning in my car, so every afternoon commute was a struggle.

I don't think we've even had a single day over 100 this year.

I don't give a crap about the philosophy of whether or not global warming is actually happening, and I am only one data point ... but I do know enough people and about data collection to know that people fudge data. Whether that is happening in the articles you posted or not ... who knows. However, you shared evidence from your own personal experience, so I figured I would share mine.
See above. 2008 to 2015 is nothing compared to trends:

http://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/global-temperature/

2014 was the hottest year on record GLOBALLY. 2015 will be even hotter.

But yes, this winter, all the deniers will point out the window and call it a hoax again. Next summer, hotter than this one. Next winter, same denying.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 03:23 PM   #23
mainerunr
Member
 
mainerunr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
Global warming / climate change does not mean the entire year is hot. It also means winters can tend to be more fierce, focused, colder than normal.

It's short sighted to take any single year, even any decade to make a point one way or the other. This is why we have records going back 150 years to rely on.



See above. 2008 to 2015 is nothing compared to trends:

http://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/global-temperature/

2014 was the hottest year on record GLOBALLY. 2015 will be even hotter.

But yes, this winter, all the deniers will point out the window and call it a hoax again. Next summer, hotter than this one. Next winter, same denying.

Dude, your Florida is showing.
mainerunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 03:29 PM   #24
babyfaceposey
Member
 
babyfaceposey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pensacola, Florida
Posts: 6,522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
Global warming / climate change does not mean the entire year is hot. It also means winters can tend to be more fierce, focused, colder than normal.

It's short sighted to take any single year, even any decade to make a point one way or the other. This is why we have records going back 150 years to rely on.



See above. 2008 to 2015 is nothing compared to trends:

http://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/global-temperature/

2014 was the hottest year on record GLOBALLY. 2015 will be even hotter.

But yes, this winter, all the deniers will point out the window and call it a hoax again. Next summer, hotter than this one. Next winter, same denying.
Boston's snow pile finally melts after brutal winter - CNN.com
babyfaceposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 03:31 PM   #25
Deeks
Member
 
Deeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Badstreet, USA
Posts: 2,433
Default

I know just the man...

Deeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.