Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:37 AM   #1
fm8418

Send a message via AIM to fm8418
Default Classic SNES pre order now on Best Buy

The preorder for CLASSIC SNES is live on Best Buy.com
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:47 AM   #2
majestik101

Old 08-22-2017, 08:34 AM   #3
chrisfaceoff

Didn't even know about this, now im kinda pissed I didn't.

https://www.ebay.com/str/faceoffsportscards
chrisfaceoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:44 AM   #4
smanzari

It's live, but wouldn't let me add to cart/preorder
smanzari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 10:09 AM   #5
Nuurgle

I was on as soon as the alerts went out, but Best Buy's checkout procedure is so overly cumbersome and asinine that I wasn't able to get checked out before the stock was gone.
Nuurgle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 10:25 AM   #6
nabzy28

I'd have to believe there will be more from BB. They've done this garbage with the amiibos, too. They'll show up early, a few people will somehow get in orders, and then they show up later for much longer periods of time. The new Zelda amiibos would show up as available on a near daily basis, for upwards of a month, but you could never actually complete an order. Not sure if they do it just to test the site/order page or mess with bots. Or both.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:28 AM   #7
cardsharkk

I had it in cart and tried checking out countless times but kept saying "Not available within 250 miles of your location". (there is a store like 25 min from me). Makes no sense. Sad bc walmart canceled the two I ordered...

Apparently Amazon went live this morning too, AND YOU COULD BUY QUANTITY UP TO 30 on a new page they created, different from the page thats been up for weeks!... and they are saying it wasnt an error... wow

Last edited by cardsharkk; 08-22-2017 at 10:30 AM.
cardsharkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 10:33 AM   #8
nabzy28

I still don't believe the Amazon ones. Sold by whatever "Nintendo digital downloads" is and not listed by the official name, as the one on the original Amazon placeholder is. I do think the BB ones were a test, and will be honored. Not nearly as certain about the Amazon ones. Whatever the case, more are coming. Nintendo officially said end of August.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:30 PM   #9
jiggidy

Got the Walmart in stock alert at 1:04. Got to the site at 1:05 and Out Of Stock.
Buying Barry Sanders PSA Slabs
jiggidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:46 PM   #10
nabzy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggidy View Post
Got the Walmart in stock alert at 1:04. Got to the site at 1:05 and Out Of Stock.
WM, from what I can gather, sold out in less than 2 minutes.

Apparently GameStop has bundles available via their app, but everyone seems to be stuck loading, etc. GS also did in store pre-orders, and I was lucky enough to get to one close by and get the last one they had. The sprint through the mall parking lot was totally worth it, as 5 more people got in line behind me in the minute it took me to check out. Another was running toward GS as I was walking out.
Old 08-22-2017, 02:23 PM   #11
nabzy28

This is a hilarious cluster, as usual. GS has basically taken their website down and is only selling them in bundles on their phone app. Thinkgeek shows up with them in bundles, minimum of $140 with garbage combined in (and that $140 one sold out in about 30 seconds). Target may or may not have effed up and allowed people to order 30 of them at a time.... ah, Nintendo and the stupid retailer alliance failing like a champ. Nintendo: "We made way more of these". Humanity: "How many more?" Nintendo: "Like 15 or 20."
Old 08-22-2017, 03:24 PM   #12
Fenian95

I managed to grab one off Best Buy Canada this morning at 10am.

They have a Twitter feed that announces pre orders/stock availability a few hours ahead of time so you can be ready for the launch.

By far the easiest checkout for them is via PayPal. Have PP signed in beforehand, click the PP button, click submit order, DONE! Took me 15 seconds start to finish.

I have gotten the NES Classic, Switch, some nice Amiibos, and now the SNES Classic via this method.
Fenian95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 03:40 PM   #13
Nuurgle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabzy28 View Post
This is a hilarious cluster, as usual. GS has basically taken their website down and is only selling them in bundles on their phone app. Thinkgeek shows up with them in bundles, minimum of $140 with garbage combined in (and that $140 one sold out in about 30 seconds). Target may or may not have effed up and allowed people to order 30 of them at a time.... ah, Nintendo and the stupid retailer alliance failing like a champ. Nintendo: "We made way more of these". Humanity: "How many more?" Nintendo: "Like 15 or 20."
Gamestop did the same thing with the NES Classic restocks. You couldn't just buy the system there, you had to buy a bundle that came with an off-brand wireless controller for an extra $20, or a book, or a backpack/carry case, etc. They've been doing it with the Switch, also.

Not enough margin in the hot consoles to sell them at retails, so they force you into buying crap you don't want to get the piece you do. They've also flagged all of the extra items so they can't be returned unless the entire bundle is returned.
Nuurgle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 04:30 PM   #14
ohio_mba

Amazon and Walmart both failed. I've been signed up for email notifications when pre-orders go live. I received nothing from either of them. Pisses me off.
ohio_mba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:31 PM   #15
nabzy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_mba View Post
Amazon and Walmart both failed. I've been signed up for email notifications when pre-orders go live. I received nothing from either of them. Pisses me off.
Well, if you've got a Toys R Us nearby, there's slightly better hope than usual. They confirmed on their Twitter account that they are not doing pre orders and will have them available in stores on Sept. 29th. I would think that will result in a much better chance of them having upwards of 80-100 available on launch day, at busier locations. I mean, they consistently seemed to get a dozen or so of the NES Classic on random days. If they just save them all for the 29th, people may have a decent shot at one if other retailers do something similar and save more for the physical locations.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:44 PM   #16
Brobocop

Nintendo sucks. Pure and simple. I'm so sick of their manufactured scarcity. I had to deal with this nonsense with the Wii back when I worked at GameStop. How is it that Sony and Microsoft can pump out enough launch consoles that has higher end components and costs more to manufacture? Such crap. I don't want to see them go out of business or anything, I just want them to cut this crap. They are becoming a distributor with re-sellers becoming the ones who actually benefit. Nintendo sells the SNES classic to re-sellers who then in turn sell it for $400+ on eBay. Yeah, makes total sense.

In short, I'll let Mr. Jim Sterling sum it up (well a 10 minute video isn't short, but he makes a lot of good points.

https://youtu.be/wS5-9GLOxF0
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:49 AM   #17
JosieD

My husband is still upset over his cancelled walmart order. The kicker is he got an e-mail asking if he was happy with the product he purchased from them. They cancelled his order after the processed the payment.

Day of Breakfast Fundraising: $480
Current total: $130
JosieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 11:58 AM   #18
Anderdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
Nintendo sucks. Pure and simple. I'm so sick of their manufactured scarcity. I had to deal with this nonsense with the Wii back when I worked at GameStop. How is it that Sony and Microsoft can pump out enough launch consoles that has higher end components and costs more to manufacture? Such crap. I don't want to see them go out of business or anything, I just want them to cut this crap. They are becoming a distributor with re-sellers becoming the ones who actually benefit. Nintendo sells the SNES classic to re-sellers who then in turn sell it for $400+ on eBay. Yeah, makes total sense.

In short, I'll let Mr. Jim Sterling sum it up (well a 10 minute video isn't short, but he makes a lot of good points.

I want to see them go out of business.
Anderdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 12:20 PM   #19
JosieD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post

I started to watch the video but I am at work. I wanted it for background noise but it will have to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderdale View Post
I want to see them go out of business.
I hope they don't. It is the only system my husband will buy. I'd have a lifetime of complaining to listen to.

Day of Breakfast Fundraising: $480
Current total: $130
JosieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 01:22 PM   #20
Clarka3

just build a raspberry pi...

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 01:32 PM   #21
Devi8or

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
just build a raspberry pi...
BUT WE MUST HAVE IT NOWWWWW!!!!

the games have only been released for like 20 years!

serious note, use an emulator.....you'll get bored of the games quickly anyways
Devi8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 01:42 PM   #22
glen87

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieD View Post
I started to watch the video but I am at work. I wanted it for background noise but it will have to wait.

I hope they don't. It is the only system my husband will buy. I'd have a lifetime of complaining to listen to.
then the two of you would be on equal terms since he has you to listen to already

other cards: https://www.flickr.com/photos/glen87/albums
glen87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 01:57 PM   #23
Clarka3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi8or View Post
BUT WE MUST HAVE IT NOWWWWW!!!!

the games have only been released for like 20 years!

serious note, use an emulator.....you'll get bored of the games quickly anyways
THIS. I played the #@#@#@#@ out of my pi for about a month. Now it just gets busted out if I have friends over that are interested in a retro game.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 01:57 PM   #24
Devi8or

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen87 View Post
then the two of you would be on equal terms since he has you to listen to already

or

Devi8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 02:42 PM   #25
Brobocop

I'm usually against piracy but since Nintendo doesn't like to play by copyright laws, then why should I? I say this because they are notorious for issuing take down notices on YouTube for videos that are clearly fair use. So they violate copyright laws on the regular, yet cry when it happens to them. They are seriously stuck in the past. Their approach to online is laughable, their lack of product is ridiculous in 2017, and they show plenty of contempt for their fans and retail partners. I don't want to see them go out of business, I want to see them catch up to modern times.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote