Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 07:51 AM   #451
JoshHamilton
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE(NEXT)LEVEL View Post
I work from basically 9-7 M-F, I live 22 miles from work. I work on Saturdays from 9-430. I am off Sundays to do what I cannot do during the week. My bank is near my home, thus, I cannot drive the 22 mile round trip on my lunch break to take a smart phone pic. In my spare time I am president of the board for a local animal shelter, which takes up most of my other free time. My free time which is lacking, does not involve going to a bank, for a card which I am telling you is the same. If you people do not believe me, then that is there problem, not mine. I have more important things than to appease Dave Peters. PS my days off I am on vacation or away.
The first thread was started how many months ago? At least 3 or so, IIRC. So you've had a quarter of a year to provide a scan of one card you claim to own, yet you made excuses last time and now again this time. The burden of proof is on you.

Prove that you own the card.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #452
DaBaddestHic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Why a randon question like that? You do not have a superfractor better to post your card with a picture and ask what it it.

But you still won't believe them so why bother?
Well, if Topps will confirm there was a superfractor made, he'll know that his card wasn't the one that was inserted 1:600,000+ packs and is listed on the spreadsheet as a SF, which is one of the main things people have been arguing about.

Also, I think it's more likely that Topps can confirm they actually produced a superfractor than remember where Dave's card came from.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #453
davepeters239
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBaddestHic View Post
Well, if Topps will confirm there was a superfractor made, he'll know that his card wasn't the one that was inserted 1:600,000+ packs and is listed on the spreadsheet as a SF, which is one of the main things people have been arguing about.

Also, I think it's more likely that Topps can confirm they actually produced a superfractor than remember where Dave's card came from.

If they can confirm a superfractor was made I will then ask what my card is.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #454
davepeters239
Banned

I must be doing something wrong because I cannot get this twitter thing to work.

I have posted a tweet to topps support and topps and twitter and none are showing up.

Someone else sent me a tweet and I forgot how I saw it but it didn't show up on my page so I wouldn't have even known it was there if I hadn't been trying to figure out how to tweet Topps.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #455
Ooosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepeters239 View Post
I must be doing something wrong because I cannot get this twitter thing to work.

I have posted a tweet to topps support and topps and twitter and none are showing up.

Someone else sent me a tweet and I forgot how I saw it but it didn't show up on my page so I wouldn't have even known it was there if I hadn't been trying to figure out how to tweet Topps.
The tweet you send to Topps will not show up on their account -- that is not how Twitter works. Unless they re-tweet you, which they will not -- they may respond, in which case you may get an email (or you can click on the "@ Connect" tab on the Twitter website to see it).
Old 02-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #456
davepeters239
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post
The tweet you send to Topps will not show up on their account -- that is not how Twitter works. Unless they re-tweet you, which they will not -- they may respond, in which case you may get an email (or you can click on the "@ Connect" tab on the Twitter website to see it).
I do not understand how this twitter website is so popular. It is so hard to use.

So if they choose to just ignore tweets they can do that and no one else would know?

I thought the whole point with twitter and people using it to contact Topps was because the information people posted would be public and if they did not answer it would look bad on them?

I added Topps and Topps Support to who I was following thinking that might help.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #457
Ooosh

Quote:
I do not understand how this twitter website is so popular. It is so hard to use.

So if they choose to just ignore tweets they can do that and no one else would know?

I thought the whole point with twitter and people using it to contact Topps was because the information people posted would be public and if they did not answer it would look bad on them?

I added Topps and Topps Support to who I was following thinking that might help.
They can most certainly ignore your tweet. If you are asking a mindful question they may answer. Topps -- while I don't agree with some of what they do -- typically has a pretty good presence on Twitter.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:10 AM   #458
jlzinck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBaddestHic View Post

No really he wont because anyone that knows what the average 12 year old know about cards, knows this is not a Superfractor.

And he always has the "Blah, blah, blah it's in the Beckett Database"
Old 02-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #459
jlzinck

I tweeted Topps as well. I out facts in my tweet.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #460
davepeters239
Banned

Oh my gosh this is so frustrating with Topps.

I sent them tweets I guess they are called and they are not showing up so I tried to send a DM or what I guess is called a Direct Message and I cannot because it says ToppsSupport is not following me. How the heck would Topps know me or even want to follow me?

This twitter website is the most ridiculous website I have ever used and if they can just ignore peoples tweets it is essentially worthless to post.

Unless I am doing something wrong or missing something?

I did post another message on facebook because there is more room to post and you can include a picture.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #461
Ooosh

Quote:

I sent them tweets I guess they are called and they are not showing up so I tried to send a DM or what I guess is called a Direct Message and I cannot because it says ToppsSupport is not following me. How the heck would Topps know me or even want to follow me?

This twitter website is the most ridiculous website I have ever used and if they can just ignore peoples tweets it is essentially worthless to post.

I did post another message on facebook because there is more room to post and you can include a picture.
Stick to Facebook
Old 02-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #462
THE(NEXT)LEVEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshHamilton View Post
The first thread was started how many months ago? At least 3 or so, IIRC. So you've had a quarter of a year to provide a scan of one card you claim to own, yet you made excuses last time and now again this time. The burden of proof is on you.

Prove that you own the card.
Don't worry Will, just for you sweetie, I'll get it. No excuses just facts. I don't care about Dave Peters card. I know I have it, if no one believes me, then thats their problem. In that whole time, do you think I thought one bit about this stupid card and getting it?
Old 02-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #463
37Jetson

Something does not add up. Why are you telling your story to Topps for the first time to Topps via Twitter when in the past they have supposedly offered you a Arod replacement autograph and even a personal Arod autograph session that you turned down because there would be not Topps representative.

Again something does not add up.
Quote:

Old 02-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #464
davepeters239
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Something does not add up. Why are you telling your story to Topps for the first time to Topps via Twitter when in the past they have supposedly offered you a Arod replacement autograph and even a personal Arod autograph session that you turned down because there would be not Topps representative.

Again something does not add up.

I am contacting them now to confirm if there was an arod superfractor that most seem to think there is. I myself am unsure and want to check.

They didn't offer me an arod replacement they just sent it so I returned it because I did not feel it was a fair trade for the card I have.

They also did not set up meet and greet with arod, I did that all on my own and it took quite awhile and was not easy to do.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #465
davepeters239
Banned

Quote:
Don't worry Will, just for you sweetie, I'll get it. No excuses just facts. I don't care about Dave Peters card. I know I have it, if no one believes me, then thats their problem. In that whole time, do you think I thought one bit about this stupid card and getting it?

What are your plans for your card?

Would you be interested in contacting Topps with me about it?
Old 02-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #466
houdini

Ok, so you are convinced that your base chrome auto is the superfractor despite all the evidence to the contrary... despite every single person on the planet explaining that it is not.

Twitter is the third (outside of China) most widely used website in the history of ever, but somehow it eludes your grasp and you proclaim it both worthless and ridiculous.

This actually makes a lot more sense when you look at it.

Your card is either:

1. The base chrome auto with the auto removed and the sticker removed
2. The superfractor (without the 1/1 stamp ...or the super and fractor parts either)

Twitter is either:

1. A site with over 500 million registered users generating over 340 million tweets daily and handling over 1.6 billion search queries per day.
2. Both ridiculous and worthless.

I think the population of the world can be split into two groups: 1 or 2.

I have nothing against the op, but no one can be this obtuse and still function. Therefore he must be enjoying this somehow.

NO ECHECKS ACCEPTED!
YouTube Link
Shipping Info
International Shipping
Descanse mi princesita 9/20/00-4/16/15
Old 02-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #467
davepeters239
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
Ok, so you are convinced that your base chrome auto is the superfractor despite all the evidence to the contrary... despite every single person on the planet explaining that it is not.

Twitter is the third (outside of China) most widely used website in the history of ever, but somehow it eludes your grasp and you proclaim it both worthless and ridiculous.

This actually makes a lot more sense when you look at it.

Your card is either:

1. The base chrome auto with the auto removed and the sticker removed
2. The superfractor (without the 1/1 stamp ...or the super and fractor parts either)

Twitter is either:

1. A site with over 500 million registered users generating over 340 million tweets daily and handling over 1.6 billion search queries per day.
2. Both ridiculous and worthless.

I think the population of the world can be split into two groups: 1 or 2.

I have nothing against the op, but no one can be this obtuse and still function. Therefore he must be enjoying this somehow.

There was no base chrome for this card.

Did you even look at the picture of the card?

Did you even look up the serial number on Becketts website?

Have you read through this thread?

Twitter is by far the most ricidulous website I have ever used.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong but my tweets aren't showing up on Topps and if the reason for that is Topps would have to approve them then yes that is worthless to me or anyone with the real tough questions.

At least with facebook my posts shows up and I can add a pic and I can make a longer post. Longer than the two sentences twitter allows.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #468
jlzinck

Quote:
Twitter is by far the most ricidulous website I have ever used.
Coming from someone who services potheads I find this very funny.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #469
THE(NEXT)LEVEL

Quote:
What are your plans for your card?

Would you be interested in contacting Topps with me about it?
You can buy it off of me. Make me an offer.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #470
BostonNut

Quote:
You can buy it off of me. Make me an offer.
Oooooooo.....NICELY played!
Proud owner of JBLR post and reply #10,000!
Forum Unity Complete!
Old 02-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #471
Jenkinssssss

Send a message via AIM to Jenkinssssss

how the hell did this idiot troll ya'll for 19 pages? i can't believe some of you are that stupid to repeatedly argue with some dumb kid.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #472
WilsonValdez

Holy sh*t! You people are STILL humoring him?

Wow...just wow.

Edit: Or put the way jenkinssss did above, works too . Although he's not a kid, far from it.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #473
Ooosh

davepeters239 is WilsonValdez
Old 02-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #474
lobo_hacker

Send a message via Yahoo to lobo_hacker

-In terms of Troll Level of Achievement, Mr. Peters apparently has his sights set on unseating boomo.

Has a ways to go, i think...

lobo_hacker, who has this exact card in his safety deposit box not 20 minutes away that will take him two months to get to and scan
Old 02-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #475
natbornkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkinssssss View Post
how the hell did this idiot troll ya'll for 19 pages? i can't believe some of you are that stupid to repeatedly argue with some dumb kid.