Blowout Cards Forums
Wave 12

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > COINS & CURRENCY

Notices

COINS & CURRENCY Post your Coins, Currency, & Precious Metals Hobby Talk

Old 11-05-2018, 06:29 AM   #1
bigdog2003

Default Morgan Dollar Question

I was at a local antique store yesterday, and one booth had Morgan's for $17 each. Is this a good price for Morgan's? Anything I should be looking for in them that would make them better? I am thinking about going back and buying the entire box of them if it is a good price.
Old 11-06-2018, 12:06 AM   #2
JimShorts01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog2003 View Post
I was at a local antique store yesterday, and one booth had Morgan's for $17 each. Is this a good price for Morgan's? Anything I should be looking for in them that would make them better? I am thinking about going back and buying the entire box of them if it is a good price.
http://www.coinflation.com/coins/187...lar-Value.html

Roughly $11.30 in silver based on todays prices. $16-17 is a pretty fair price for common Morgans in decent shape.
JimShorts01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:49 AM   #3
sigmachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog2003 View Post
That is a good price, especially in good shape. In Morgans the main thing to look for is the CC (carson city) mint mark...those are more valuable. Morgan Dollars are my favorite coins
Old 11-07-2018, 11:42 AM   #4
bigdog2003

Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to go get some this weekend. I had yesterday off with schools closed for election day, but the store was closed.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:52 PM   #5
Big35Hurt

Decent price for Morgans but if you are looking to stack silver in volume, I would stay away.

Also, besides CC mint marks, there is a subset called VAMS that is a niche collector market. But if you know what to look for and with a little luck, this can be quite profitable.
Please don't message me offering to buy something I posted in a pickup thread - I will post it in the buy/sell section if I am looking to move it. And unsolicited messages offering to sell something will be deleted.
Big35Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote