Blowout Cards Forums
Wave 12

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Old 11-08-2018, 05:09 PM   #1
rawkstar2k

Default Really strang ebay transaction, anybody heard of this ebayer?

Hey all, just had a really weird ebay transaction happen. I sold a high end card to takeflight18 on ebay and shipped it out last Friday via Priority Mail. I let the buyer know I shipped it and I thought all was fine. I checked on it Monday when it was supposed to be delivered in Playa Del Ray, CA, and it had arrived to the PO there. I assumed it was going to be delivered that day, so I didn't worry about it after that. Fast forward to today, I noticed the buyer didn't leave feedback for it yet, so I just checked the tracking to make sure it was delivered (shipped with insurance which required signature confirmation). Well the package showed a red warning that had an intercepted alert on there. I freaked out and saw that it was at my home post office as of this morning, so I immediately called them and spoke with a nice lady who said she had it on her desk. I told her I was going to pick it up immediately as I was the original sender and to not send it anywhere else.

I just got home and have the package in hand and the card is still in there (phew). The package had a label on it that said return to sender dated 11-6-2018 that stated insufficient address. It is just a really strange situation. When I sell high end items on ebay, I price it high on purpose with BO so I can "screen" the buyer and read their feedback and just search their ebay ID just to avoid any hassles. I didn't find anything on this ebayer's ID.

Has anyone dealt with "takeflight18"

https://www.ebay.com/usr/takeflight1...84.m1559.l2754

I'm seriously leaning towards just refunding him right now and canceling the transaction. I hope I don't have to eat the fees as I did my part to send it. Thanks for any opinions.

UPDATE: I just refunded the buyer, not going to take the chance on the item. I sent him a message explaining the situation. If he does leave a NEG, do I have grounds to try to get it removed?

Last edited by rawkstar2k; 11-08-2018 at 05:38 PM.
rawkstar2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:09 PM   #2
rawkstar2k

Wow, this guy just left me my first negative on ebay calling me a scammer. He keeps giving me ultimatums to resell it to him and he will reverse the feedback. He keeps saying he wipes has a$$ with $600 and it is for his kid and he has all this high end stuff and owns a beach house.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:16 PM   #3
dictoresno

soooooooo what was wrong with his address? was it PayPal verified? was delivery being attempted to a non-paypal address? who authorized or initiated the intercept? we are missing info here. looks like much of this could be worked out and settled by talking to him and PayPal/ebay. could be a big mistake or misunderstanding.

Last edited by dictoresno; 11-08-2018 at 06:18 PM.
dictoresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:25 PM   #4
rawkstar2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by dictoresno View Post
soooooooo what was wrong with his address? was it PayPal verified? was delivery being attempted to a non-paypal address? who authorized or initiated the intercept? we are missing info here. looks like much of this could be worked out and settled by talking to him and PayPal/ebay. could be a big mistake or misunderstanding.
His address was 100% correct on the package I just showed him a photo of it. It is a paypal verified address. The label on it says insufficient address/unable to forward and has a return to sender label, which was done by his local PO on 11-6-2018. The intercept was made this morning at 6:11 AM when it was sent to my local PO. I just happened to look at the tracking around noon and I immediately called them and told them do not send it anywhere else.

This user is talking to me like I'm a kid when I messaged him and giving me ultimatums and I don't want to deal with him anymore. I just saw the "view ID history" on his feedback page and saw he changed his ID 20 times since 2011 which is really weird. I'm going to search his name and some of his old usernames to see if I can find anything.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:34 PM   #5
dictoresno

call ebay, explain the issue, have the negative removed with all the evidence and then block him and move on. did you call the post office and inquire where the intercept is supposed to go or who initiated it? the person would've had to be logged into a USPS account to do it. I assume he claimed he never tried to intercept? if he was legit, he would be thanking you. sounds like he may be trying to pull something.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:48 PM   #6
rawkstar2k

Quote:
call ebay, explain the issue, have the negative removed with all the evidence and then block him and move on. did you call the post office and inquire where the intercept is supposed to go or who initiated it? the person would've had to be logged into a USPS account to do it. I assume he claimed he never tried to intercept? if he was legit, he would be thanking you. sounds like he may be trying to pull something.
I'm just thankful that I happened to look at the tracking when I did today. To be honest, I think this was a blessing in disguise. I searched some of the member's old IDs and it appears he is a scammer. I should of searched his name Danny Gold, but here are just a few links of what I found so far. And this guy calls me a scammer in the FB he left. I'm going to call ebay and find out what the heck is going on. He has had over 20 ebay IDs and is still allowed to buy/sell? Ebay isn't protecting their sellers by not allowing feedback to be left.

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1145261

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=239849

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=771814
Old 11-08-2018, 07:07 PM   #7
dictoresno

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawkstar2k View Post
I'm just thankful that I happened to look at the tracking when I did today. To be honest, I think this was a blessing in disguise. I searched some of the member's old IDs and it appears he is a scammer. I should of searched his name Danny Gold, but here are just a few links of what I found so far. And this guy calls me a scammer in the FB he left. I'm going to call ebay and find out what the heck is going on. He has had over 20 ebay IDs and is still allowed to buy/sell? Ebay isn't protecting their sellers by not allowing feedback to be left.

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1145261

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=239849

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=771814

Whoa. You should send him those links on eBay so eBay has record of it and ask him to kindly retract the negative, then report him anyways!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2018, 07:43 PM   #8
rawkstar2k

Quote:
Whoa. You should send him those links on eBay so eBay has record of it and ask him to kindly retract the negative, then report him anyways!

His tune changed real quick when I called him out. I'll post the messages below. He revised the feedback and even changed it to positive feedback. I did actually talk to my brother about this as I mentioned in the message to him and he was saying that this wasn't a scam as I picked up the package in time and to be thankful it turned out the way it did. But I asked him what would normally be the process if someone is scammed and he said to immediately file a police report with your local agency and they will usually forward it to the scammers jurisdiction. He then said to file a report with the post office and to file a report with the Internet Crime Complaint Center and to be vigilant and follow up. This usually puts heat on the scammers and he said a lot of people don't do this enough. I just thought it was really helpful info as there are so many scammers out there.

But back to this buyer, I can't believe this guy is still allowed to buy/sell with not one blemish. There are many more links about him too. But here is the convo in order. I'm just glad to block and move on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	message1.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	436372

Name:	message2.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	436373

Name:	messages.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	436376

Name:	message3.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	436377

Name:	message4.png
Views:	179
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	436378
Old 11-08-2018, 09:21 PM   #9
dictoresno

Lol wow! I would still report this scammer to ebay

Old 11-08-2018, 09:25 PM   #10
shrevecity

Quote:
Wow, this guy just left me my first negative on ebay calling me a scammer. He keeps giving me ultimatums to resell it to him and he will reverse the feedback. He keeps saying he wipes has a$$ with $600 and it is for his kid and he has all this high end stuff and owns a beach house.
That is enough to get it removed.

On the address situation sometimes you will run into lazy carriers who will either miss it or if its the only delivery on a street they will just skip it then return it as undeliverable. Have had one of our old carriers do that, sadly the USPS did nothing to the carrier.

That said you dodged a bullet with this idiot.

Last edited by shrevecity; 11-08-2018 at 09:28 PM.
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 01:07 AM   #11
bengalsfanatic

I bought a card from a seller with 72k plus feedback and bought from them before, mail my package and when it was out for delivery, it came up with insufficient address and was being retuened to sender. I contacted seller and kept them posted, after several days the tracking showed no movement and then it showed delivered to my address as delivered to original sender but yet i was the buyer. So USPS goofed somewhere
Andy Dalton & A.J. Green Autos
bengalsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 01:09 AM   #12
bengalsfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfanatic View Post
I bought a card from a seller with 72k plus feedback and bought from them before, mail my package and when it was out for delivery, it came up with insufficient address and was being retuened to sender. I contacted seller and kept them posted, after several days the tracking showed no movement and then it showed delivered to my address as delivered to original sender but yet i was the buyer. So USPS goofed somewhere

Name:	Screenshot_2018-11-11-01-07-52.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	436602
Andy Dalton & A.J. Green Autos
bengalsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:33 AM   #13
Stifle

Location: I've met great collectors throughout MI and N. Indiana / CHI.

Ask him for his phone number?
Stifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:26 AM   #14
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifle View Post
Ask him for his phone number?
No need to ask all you got to did is request the contact info, if you are in a treansaction with them you can do that.. Many times it appears right on the invoice you get from Ebay.
Old 11-12-2018, 12:49 PM   #15
CCSportsCards

Quote:
Hey all, just had a really weird ebay transaction happen. I sold a high end card to takeflight18 on ebay and shipped it out last Friday via Priority Mail. I let the buyer know I shipped it and I thought all was fine. I checked on it Monday when it was supposed to be delivered in Playa Del Ray, CA, and it had arrived to the PO there. I assumed it was going to be delivered that day, so I didn't worry about it after that. Fast forward to today, I noticed the buyer didn't leave feedback for it yet, so I just checked the tracking to make sure it was delivered (shipped with insurance which required signature confirmation). Well the package showed a red warning that had an intercepted alert on there. I freaked out and saw that it was at my home post office as of this morning, so I immediately called them and spoke with a nice lady who said she had it on her desk. I told her I was going to pick it up immediately as I was the original sender and to not send it anywhere else.

I just got home and have the package in hand and the card is still in there (phew). The package had a label on it that said return to sender dated 11-6-2018 that stated insufficient address. It is just a really strange situation. When I sell high end items on ebay, I price it high on purpose with BO so I can "screen" the buyer and read their feedback and just search their ebay ID just to avoid any hassles. I didn't find anything on this ebayer's ID.

Has anyone dealt with "takeflight18"

https://www.ebay.com/usr/takeflight1...84.m1559.l2754

I'm seriously leaning towards just refunding him right now and canceling the transaction. I hope I don't have to eat the fees as I did my part to send it. Thanks for any opinions.

UPDATE: I just refunded the buyer, not going to take the chance on the item. I sent him a message explaining the situation. If he does leave a NEG, do I have grounds to try to get it removed?

why do you think it was going to be shipped somewhere else other than the address you had posted or your own?
CCSportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 04:18 PM   #16
mcgahee21nfl

You dodged a huge bullet. This guy is the biggest sicko in the card world. He is pretty much the devil.
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 05:39 AM   #17
rawkstar2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSportsCards View Post
why do you think it was going to be shipped somewhere else other than the address you had posted or your own?
I didnt know where it was going to go because there was a red alert that said the package was being intercepted.
Old 11-14-2018, 05:50 AM   #18
rawkstar2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgahee21nfl View Post
You dodged a huge bullet. This guy is the biggest sicko in the card world. He is pretty much the devil.
He literally messaged me about 30 min ago asking if the card was available under a different name z06ntmr. It is a completely separate account than his other one and he used z06ntmr as one of his previous names under his other account. The two accounts I know of are takeflight18 and z06ntmr. Now Im paranoid to sell anything on eBay as who knows how many usernames he has.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:00 AM   #19
shrevecity

Quote:
He literally messaged me about 30 min ago asking if the card was available under a different name z06ntmr. It is a completely separate account than his other one and he used z06ntmr as one of his previous names under his other account. The two accounts I know of are takeflight18 and z06ntmr. Now Im paranoid to sell anything on eBay as who knows how many usernames he has.
You have his name and mailing address though so if anyone with another ID from that address or close by buys something pick up the phone and call Ebay. I likely would since he contacted you with another ID. It is a big violation of Ebay policy for a buyer to use another ID to circumvent a sellers BBL.
Old 11-14-2018, 02:30 PM   #20
chippv

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk