Blowout Cards Forums
world cup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 06-15-2018, 12:03 PM   #76
Budler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnatgt View Post
Yeah, this discussion is about offering 2 cents on $10 cards. Not edge cases where we're arguing over nickels.
I really do not see that happening the way it is set up. Unless it was an error.

I have only sold a few cards. But it is interesting to see Sales listed as 90% off. and then pull up a card and it is only 5% off. Then you have to remember the 90% off is from the SRP. ?? How is it figure if the card has no SRP??? The % off that is shown varies from card to card and from simple mode to advance mode

simple mode shows .50 card at 20% off is .40
Advance mode shows .25 card at 40% of is .15 + .25 for shipping = .40

As a buyer I have give up on looking at the % off. Just at what I have to pay. As a seller I can see it becoming very confusing.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:46 PM   #77
mc1

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamdavidson47 View Post
You are missing the point. That shows up as for sale for .50 to the seller. The .25 is shipping in simplified mode. The card is actually for sale for .50 not .75.
Seller has minimum % off at 50. Another one of his cards is listed for sale at 7.25 but you can offer 3.50. Of course seller only allows 50% off, but these guys are trying to tell us he has his settings at some other percentage.

Im still trying to set my min off to less than 50%. Maybe it will go through eventually!
mc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 12:55 PM   #78
adamdavidson47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc1 View Post
Seller has minimum % off at 50. Another one of his cards is listed for sale at 7.25 but you can offer 3.50. Of course seller only allows 50% off, but these guys are trying to tell us he has his settings at some other percentage.

Im still trying to set my min off to less than 50%. Maybe it will go through eventually!
You can't, so stop trying
Old 06-15-2018, 05:12 PM   #79
pfb11

Quote:
Wonder why I keep getting this message when I try to save my min offer %

Must be a value between 50 and 100
Perhaps the people I've dealt with set theirs below 50 before the 50-100 rule had been coded into the system
Old 06-16-2018, 02:06 PM   #80
mc1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfb11 View Post
Perhaps the people I've dealt with set theirs below 50 before the 50-100 rule had been coded into the system
Could you list any of these other sellers you claim that allow more than 50% off? The only one being discussed has like 10 cards for sale and if you subtract the .25 shipping fee, is only allowing 50% off.
mc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:21 AM   #81
pfb11

Quote:
Could you list any of these other sellers you claim that allow more than 50% off? The only one being discussed has like 10 cards for sale and if you subtract the .25 shipping fee, is only allowing 50% off.
I would have to click through pages and pages of stuff to find them, and I'm not going to do that just to appease some internet skeptics
Old Yesterday, 01:24 AM   #82
checkoutmydeals

You can actually make offers of less than 50% off on Callmethevreez's items. On one 50 cent item, it told me the minimum offer is 13 cents. That's really weird.

That being said, it would appear to be some sort of glitch and if the seller was bothered by 75% off offers, they could probably fix it in their settings.

The original poster of this thread initially had the question of why they only received 80% of asking price for an item. Answer: it sold on eBay, and you get 80% of asking price for items you sell on eBay.

Then they expressed consternation because they received a 2 cent offer on a $20 retail item (not sure what it was actually priced at). This, it should be noted, would have to be some sort of glitch, and is not the usual course of business on COMC.

It is true that many buyers on COMC will make offers which are the lowest they can make, but that can be adjusted in the seller's settings. I've never been able to set my settings to accept offers lower than 50% off base asking price, or for lower than 10 cents per offer.

There also seems to be some confusion about sellers who have 90% off sales or who are offering items for 90% off book value. That isn't what is being discussed here. I can price any card at 2 cents and you can buy it. But if I have a card priced at $20, you can't offer 2 cents for it, unless there's some sort of glitch which I haven't been able to replicate.
Old Yesterday, 02:04 AM   #83
sthoemke

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post
You can actually make offers of less than 50% off on Callmethevreez's items. On one 50 cent item, it told me the minimum offer is 13 cents. That's really weird.

That being said, it would appear to be some sort of glitch and if the seller was bothered by 75% off offers, they could probably fix it in their settings.

The original poster of this thread initially had the question of why they only received 80% of asking price for an item. Answer: it sold on eBay, and you get 80% of asking price for items you sell on eBay.

Then they expressed consternation because they received a 2 cent offer on a $20 retail item (not sure what it was actually priced at). This, it should be noted, would have to be some sort of glitch, and is not the usual course of business on COMC.

It is true that many buyers on COMC will make offers which are the lowest they can make, but that can be adjusted in the seller's settings. I've never been able to set my settings to accept offers lower than 50% off base asking price, or for lower than 10 cents per offer.

There also seems to be some confusion about sellers who have 90% off sales or who are offering items for 90% off book value. That isn't what is being discussed here. I can price any card at 2 cents and you can buy it. But if I have a card priced at $20, you can't offer 2 cents for it, unless there's some sort of glitch which I haven't been able to replicate.
That is because he bought his cards in Simplified Shipping Mode (i.e. he already paid the shipping fee). So... the 25 cent shipping gets factored out (subtracted) from the price of each card, and the amount you can offer is 50% percent of that value. (card $price - 25 cents shipping, divided by 50 percent = lowest offer value).
Old Yesterday, 08:14 AM   #84
checkoutmydeals

That is because he bought his cards in Simplified Shipping Mode (i.e. he already paid the shipping fee). So... the 25 cent shipping gets factored out (subtracted) from the price of each card, and the amount you can offer is 50% percent of that value. (card $price - 25 cents shipping, divided by 50 percent = lowest offer value).

It shouldn't matter. If I buy in Advanced Shipping Mode, they will get their 25 cents back at that time, and I will not be paying the 25 cents handling until I ship the cards.

Nevertheless, this is just a glitch in the way the numbers are being presented. The seller has not set their offers to accept less than 50% of base price.