Blowout Cards Forums
giannis 1

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > Sports & Politics

Notices

Sports & Politics This section is for all political sports talk. Regrettably we feel that in some instances there is no way to eliminate politics from football, basketball, and baseball hobbytalk. Do you pretend nothing is happening with the Warriors, Steelers, A's, etc? This section is for all political sports discussion. However, it is for civil discussion only. No insults aimed at members, political parties, or politicians will be tolerated. There is no warning. If you cannot be civil, you will lose your posting privileges on this site.

Old 10-11-2017, 03:55 PM   #1
cruiserdaddy7

Default Antonio Cromartie on with Colin Cowherd

So I listened to him today talking about kneeling to raise awareness about social inequality.

He spoke about living in Section 8 and father issues as well as attending 11 different schools.

My first thought is....why is this the fault of society as a whole and not the individual?

Then I think to myself: You have 14 kids with 8 different mothers that you know of. Why in God's name are you doing the very same thing to these kids that you are blaming society for?

This is just another example of these fools not even knowing what they are kneeling for. They are hypocrites blaming everyone else for their own issues.

It's a joke.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:13 PM   #2
donaldz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
So I listened to him today talking about kneeling to raise awareness about social inequality.

He spoke about living in Section 8 and father issues as well as attending 11 different schools.

My first thought is....why is this the fault of society as a whole and not the individual?

Then I think to myself: You have 14 kids with 8 different mothers that you know of. Why in God's name are you doing the very same thing to these kids that you are blaming society for?

This is just another example of these fools not even knowing what they are kneeling for. They are hypocrites blaming everyone else for their own issues.

It's a joke.
You hit on a great point, but then somehow decided to refrain from reason in favour of blame.

If children who grow up in homes with domestic abuse are more likely to be abusive, is that not a pattern we'd be concerned with breaking? If people who grow up in homes with alcoholic parents are more likely to become alcoholics, is that something you'd attribute solely to personal responsibility?

There are clear and predictable patterns here, and it's pretty obvious that personal responsibility, while a factor, is hardly the only factor.

People love throwing blame around rather than actually examining things because it makes them feel ever so strong for overcoming whatever adversity they've overcome.

It's not like the answers to your questions are hiding. They're in studies, textbooks, and sometimes even in the free press. So if you believe that something as complicated as socioeconomical issues are solved with personal responsibility, then certainly personal responsibility should solve your ignorance problem.
donaldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 04:34 PM   #3
zachtruitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldz View Post
You hit on a great point, but then somehow decided to refrain from reason in favour of blame.

If children who grow up in homes with domestic abuse are more likely to be abusive, is that not a pattern we'd be concerned with breaking? If people who grow up in homes with alcoholic parents are more likely to become alcoholics, is that something you'd attribute solely to personal responsibility?

There are clear and predictable patterns here, and it's pretty obvious that personal responsibility, while a factor, is hardly the only factor.

People love throwing blame around rather than actually examining things because it makes them feel ever so strong for overcoming whatever adversity they've overcome.

It's not like the answers to your questions are hiding. They're in studies, textbooks, and sometimes even in the free press. So if you believe that something as complicated as socioeconomical issues are solved with personal responsibility, then certainly personal responsibility should solve your ignorance problem.

Thanks for showing the reasoned side of understanding rather than casting blame from above.
Interested in Orioles HOFers and current O's. Oakland Raiders HOFers along with Rich Gannon. I am always looking for any Eastern Shore League (1920's to 1947) baseball memorabilia, please PM if you know of any for sale
zachtruitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 04:41 PM   #4
cruiserdaddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldz View Post

This is an educated man. He CHOSE to make the same mistakes. These are choices, they are not written in our genes. See what you didn't like and DO SOMETHING about it. Don't continue and out your own children in the same path.

Aren't we supposed to want better for our kids than we had?

The mindset quoted above is exactly why nothing changes. You diminish personal responsibility and place the reasons in nonsense. It's really quite simple.

Here we have a guy crying injustice while he does the exact thing that continues on the problem. He knows better, but can't resist.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:04 PM   #5
donaldz

If only there were a branch of science dedicated to studying this stuff! You'd figure someone would've gotten into it!

I guess we'll just never know.
donaldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:54 PM   #6
Siberian13

[QUOTE=cruiserdaddy7;12834534]This is an educated man.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. Anyone who has that many children is not a smart man
Siberian13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:06 PM   #7
cruiserdaddy7

[QUOTE=Siberian13;12835107]
Quote:
This is an educated man.[/QUOTE]

Just thinking with the wrong thing lol
Old 10-11-2017, 08:12 PM   #8
corndog

Location: From a table in McDonalds, with lovely fake flowers on it.

Cromartie should look in a mirror - he is the problem.
No one should look to him for advice.

corndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:50 PM   #9
cruiserdaddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog View Post
Cromartie should look in a mirror - he is the problem.
No one should look to him for advice.
Exactly what I was getting at.

Supposedly there is science that explains this instead of being accountable.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:13 PM   #10
sportzluvr1

Education and family structure.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:08 AM   #11
oldgoldy97

If we continue to expect stupid people to make smart decisions, then who's really the dumb one?
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:57 AM   #12
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
If we continue to expect stupid people to make smart decisions, then who's really the dumb one?
All Americans based on the Bengals fans
Siberian13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:40 AM   #13
kerg

[QUOTE=Siberian13;12835107]
Quote:
This is an educated man.[/QUOTE]

kerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:43 AM   #14
cruiserdaddy7

Quote:
Well, I'd say the masses of people supporting the kneeling. Many of the players kneeling are a big part of the problem/cause they are kneeling for.

Here is a guy making tons of money that could help his community with positive outreach. Instead, he pumps out 14 kids with 8 women. Now he's been cut, so how will he pay that 300k in child support going forward? Just not going to happen.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:05 PM   #15
ssbledsoe

Quote:
Well, I'd say the masses of people supporting the kneeling. Many of the players kneeling are a big part of the problem/cause they are kneeling for.

Here is a guy making tons of money that could help his community with positive outreach. Instead, he pumps out 14 kids with 8 women. Now he's been cut, so how will he pay that 300k in child support going forward? Just not going to happen.
Michael Bennett begs to differ...Devin McCourty begs to differ...

It's quite new of you to be extremely selective in picking and choosing the examples for proving your "point"...

Drew Bledsoe is a better QB than your favorite QB
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:09 PM   #16
chezball

Clean up your own backyard before you worry about the neighborhood.
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:46 PM   #17
pac213up

Quote:

It's a joke.
Personal accountability does not excuse social inequalities. Not everyone has the same opportunities and when that is built on sexism, racism, or discrimination of any kind.....society needs to be accountable for it and own it.

You will always have people that overcome obstacles but ignoring the fact that a harder path will often lead to greater failure is ignorance at it's best.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:40 PM   #18
allabtsprt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
Personal accountability does not excuse social inequalities. Not everyone has the same opportunities and when that is built on sexism, racism, or discrimination of any kind.....society needs to be accountable for it and own it.

You will always have people that overcome obstacles but ignoring the fact that a harder path will often lead to greater failure is ignorance at it's best.
I try to stay out of stuff like this but.......Our path in life begins the day we are born. Some are born into privilege and others into poverty. Once we are old enough, we learn something called "choices". We can all live or die by the choices we make. Make good choices and usually good things will follow. Hang out with good people and usually you'll turn out good. Make bad choices and normally bad things happen. Hang out with bad people......you get the idea. People of ALL races, religions, sexes, cultures, etc. have and continue to be discriminated against in some form by people of other races, religions, sexes, cultures, etc.. It's been this way for millennia.

I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I am white. Funny thing is, they must have run out of "white privilege" when I was born because I've had to work my ass off for everything I have. I had to overcome poverty, doing without, not having food to eat, lack of education, name calling, drugs, crime, death, etc. but I learned along the way. I changed my "choices" and good things began to happen. Whether you disagree or not, I simply had to make myself accountable. Life is what you make of it. Sure, I could have blamed my situation on society and used it as a crutch, but I didn't and there are plenty of people in this world, white, black, yellow, purple, orange or whatever that have done the same thing and become successful. Maybe the true ignorance my friend are the excuses.
allabtsprt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 02:55 PM   #19
oldgoldy97

Quote:
Originally Posted by allabtsprt View Post
I try to stay out of stuff like this but.......Our path in life begins the day we are born. Some are born into privilege and others into poverty. Once we are old enough, we learn something called "choices". We can all live or die by the choices we make. Make good choices and usually good things will follow. Hang out with good people and usually you'll turn out good. Make bad choices and normally bad things happen. Hang out with bad people......you get the idea. People of ALL races, religions, sexes, cultures, etc. have and continue to be discriminated against in some form by people of other races, religions, sexes, cultures, etc.. It's been this way for millennia.

I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I am white. Funny thing is, they must have run out of "white privilege" when I was born because I've had to work my ass off for everything I have. I had to overcome poverty, doing without, not having food to eat, lack of education, name calling, drugs, crime, death, etc. but I learned along the way. I changed my "choices" and good things began to happen. Whether you disagree or not, I simply had to make myself accountable. Life is what you make of it. Sure, I could have blamed my situation on society and used it as a crutch, but I didn't and there are plenty of people in this world, white, black, yellow, purple, orange or whatever that have done the same thing and become successful. Maybe the true ignorance my friend are the excuses.
I like that you overcame death.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:20 PM   #20
allabtsprt

Quote:
I like that you overcame death.
Death of family members.
allabtsprt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:03 PM   #21
cruiserdaddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post

You are right. I didn't have the chance to be a collegiate athlete, nor did I get free college. Nor will I ever make in a lifetime we he has made in 1 peak season.

This crap isn't fair. I'm going to go blame an entire group of people for my "inequalities". I should be able to play football too because he can. ITS NOT FAIR
Old 10-12-2017, 05:31 PM   #22
corndog

Location: From a table in McDonalds, with lovely fake flowers on it.

For all the talk of "fair"... fair will never happen. Such is life. Life is not fair.

corndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:49 PM   #23
pac213up

Quote:
You are right. I didn't have the chance to be a collegiate athlete, nor did I get free college. Nor will I ever make in a lifetime we he has made in 1 peak season.

This crap isn't fair. I'm going to go blame an entire group of people for my "inequalities". I should be able to play football too because he can. ITS NOT FAIR
Wait...are you Mike Ditka?
Old 10-12-2017, 06:02 PM   #24
oldgoldy97

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:04 PM   #25
oldgoldy97

How can you choose to not have other people hate you for what you look like?