April Showers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 09-16-2014, 02:52 PM   #76
tonedef2oo8

Quote:
Originally Posted by raw5060 View Post
Maybe he could use the money to pay for some English lessons...that was brutal to read.
I am telling you I feel a kickstarter campaign coming. Local broke man with back pains and 4 kids ripped off by the internet. Even though we got 4,000 messages telling us, we did nothing and let him waste more money he dont have getting it graded!

Also thank got for facebook people saying its fake because this clown could have sold it through there to one of the dope commenting that "it may be real yall just debbie downers" lol

And oh yeah guys dont be bidding up the new one the same seller is selling because I heard real ones have to say reprint because its not psa. I heard it from the news so it has to be true.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Collectible-...item54103ac0b9

Last edited by tonedef2oo8; 09-16-2014 at 02:58 PM.
tonedef2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 02:58 PM   #77
xbignick

Haha Elias Johnson on twitter is getting pretty twitter-angry now.

"it's the rarest card in the....never mind. I'm bored with you. Thx for sharing - moving on."
Old 09-16-2014, 03:01 PM   #78
xbignick

He actually sold another way back in July too! Not sure why he's giving away thousands like this.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:01 PM   #79
raw5060

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef2oo8 View Post
I am telling you I feel a kickstarter campaign coming. Local broke man with back pains and 4 kids ripped off by the internet. Even though we got 4,000 messages telling us, we did nothing and let him waste more money he dont have getting it graded!

Also thank got for facebook people saying its fake because this clown could have sold it through there to one of the dope commenting that "it may be real yall just debbie downers" lol

And oh yeah guys dont be bidding up the new one the same seller is selling because I heard real ones have to say reprint because its not psa. I heard it from the news so it has to be true.

Collectible 1909 T 206 Honus Wagner Baseball Card Antique Piedmont | eBay
That one is in way better shape! I am going to put in a $500 bid and see what happens! Wish me luck since I could really use a Range Rover and beach house!
Old 09-16-2014, 03:01 PM   #80
lazygambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef2oo8 View Post

Collectible 1909 T 206 Honus Wagner Baseball Card Antique Piedmont | eBay
The guy with those cards is about to start making BANK. Everyone is going to flock to eBay with hopes of purchasing a real Honus and pay more than what they normally go for. Pure genius
Old 09-16-2014, 03:09 PM   #81
tonedef2oo8

The ejohson guy is saying that the one listed now looks fake. Ohhhh so now hes an expert haha just throw some oil on it and ol @ejohnsonnews thinks it real. He must be one of the smart teleprompter readers.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:09 PM   #82
matvoo
Banned

LOL so fake its pretty obvious
matvoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:31 PM   #83
sbfinley

As I stated earlier, the card it without a doubt 100% not original. This has played out before and will play out again. Two types of people buy cards like this: wishful dreamers and con men. I'm not going to give this guy a ton of grief because I think he falls into the first category. He's down on his luck and thinks he stumbled into a saving grace. He'll hold onto that fleeting hope for as long as possible because someone has already erroneously told him it is real and now that his story is out there he will likely befall the same fate as the Cobb and Edward's Wagner which goes something like this:

He discovered a fake card and believed it was real and that would provide a financial windfall. Someone not well versed in the particulars of the set tells him it is real. He gets press. He sends it to PSA and it comes back (? Auth), a cop out by the company that leads these people to believe it is still real because PSA did not state that it was a fake only that they are unsure of the cards authenticity. The local press with report that the experts of PSA could not verify it's authenticity, but did not expressly rule that out. They don't have a clue that PSA does not state outright that cards are fake they only designate them "? Auth". He will try to peddle his card here and there, but never sell it. Low rent auctioneers will offer to sell the card for him to draw more clients. People will come to see it in person and even hold it if allowed. It will never sell. This guy has two choices, drop the rosy glasses and give up the dream or let this card be the bane of his existence, a better life right around the corner but still outside of his grasp, until he does so.
sbfinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:41 PM   #84
tonedef2oo8

Heeeeeeesssss backkk in the facebook story lol

He has hundred of t206s but shows a beat up 70s Ryan and some basketball commons to the tv people...Still innocent guy?

Quote:
Jason Mars Yeah reprints are sold online but unless you have held an authentic Wagner then don't comment...trust me...been collecting 35 years and have hundreds of t206 cards...I know what a reprint is!!!have u spent 300 hours researching and mag ifying this card and printing and everythih...please don't comment unless u know....not what u think u know...only true way is to have card in your hand a d do all the test period!
Like · Reply · 20 minutes ago
Old 09-16-2014, 03:45 PM   #85
free2131

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

Here was my convo on twitter with the news guy:

Old 09-16-2014, 03:48 PM   #86
tonedef2oo8

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post

That guy is obviously a clown.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:53 PM   #87
abcd1234

Its sad that this ebay listing is getting this much attention. If the seller had contacted ebay, they would have told him to list it per ebay terms as a reprint. I can't believe it even reached........say $10.....
abcd1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:02 PM   #88
jr24ai3

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post

You could get that newscaster in trouble. Your profile pic shows a picture of a black guy (TO) and he called you "homie" in a reply.

You should just mess with him and say "did you call me homie because I'm black?"

Last edited by jr24ai3; 09-16-2014 at 04:05 PM.
jr24ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:07 PM   #89
tonedef2oo8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24ai3 View Post
You could get that newscaster in trouble. Your profile pic shows a picture of a black guy (TO) and he called you "homie" in a reply.

You should just mess with him and say "did you call me homie because I'm black?"
Hahah someone please post this picture on their facebook. Maybe then homie can do some research while on vacation.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:08 PM   #90
lazygambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24ai3 View Post

RACE CARD!? now we have a story
Old 09-16-2014, 04:09 PM   #91
callou2131

I keep pressing the issue on FB just to troll the ridiculousness. If you see someone on there named Thomas Carter thats me. I am bored at work and have nothing better to do.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:10 PM   #92
tonedef2oo8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygambler View Post
But if the race card is not very dirty remember its fake according to our local news expert.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:11 PM   #93
tonedef2oo8

Quote:
Originally Posted by callou2131 View Post
I keep pressing the issue on FB just to troll the ridiculousness. If you see someone on there named Thomas Carter thats me. I am bored at work and have nothing better to do.
hahah you are totally making them look silly.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:12 PM   #94
callou2131

Quote:
Lol. We should just flood their Pages simply for them being totally Irresponsible. Anyone here a member on 4 chan? lol
Old 09-16-2014, 04:13 PM   #95
tonedef2oo8

Quote:
Lol. We should just flood their Pages simply for them being totally Irresponsible. Anyone here a member on 4 chan? lol
Haha from fake card to reporter having to apologize on air because of blowoutcards residents, this is going to be epic! We should know when it starts it will be when he starts deleting tweets lol
Old 09-16-2014, 04:15 PM   #96
lazygambler

Quote:
But, but... I do not have facebook The one time I truly regret it.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:16 PM   #97
tonedef2oo8

Quote:
But, but... I do not have facebook The one time I truly regret it.
make a fake one and delete it later lol
Old 09-16-2014, 04:17 PM   #98
sbfinley

He's a news reporter for a local affiliate, not Anderson Cooper. Cut the station some slack.
sbfinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:24 PM   #99
callou2131

Normally I would, mistakes happen. But then to defend this story over and over by posting This lie KRNV News 4 Reprint means it has not been authenticated. Doesn't necessarily mean it is a reprint. To sell collectibles under authentic eBay requires seller to include proof of authenticity.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:28 PM   #100
tonedef2oo8

Quote:
Normally I would, mistakes happen. But then to defend this story over and over by posting This lie KRNV News 4 Reprint means it has not been authenticated. Doesn't necessarily mean it is a reprint. To sell collectibles under authentic eBay requires seller to include proof of authenticity.
Its because no one cares about that station. That guy who did the story has 200 followers lol

But as you said its very irresponsible. What happens if one of their obviously stupid viewers message him and offer everything they got and he says yes? I see several morons saying its real in the comments and saying WOW AMAZING REAL CARD to this banana. All because they keep saying stupid stuff thats completely a lie.Instead we get a guy who reads whats handed to him calling people homie and claiming other cards look fake.

All because they want hits, the hits they are getting now which they NEVER get. This card is not going to PSA and they probably wont follow up either cause then they would admit they did nothing but take his facebook message and bought it it hook line and sinker. Like anyone can do because they are slow.

Last edited by tonedef2oo8; 09-16-2014 at 04:32 PM.