Blowout Cards Forums
17-18 nba

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > GAMING

Notices

GAMING Post Your Gaming Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2017, 10:24 AM   #51
swowannabe
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 539
Default

@Pot Roast, how're you enjoying Minnesota? I'm assuming you're here by now.
__________________
2015 A&G -=MEGAN KALMOE=- SUPER COLLECTOR
PLEASE PM me with any hits of hers, especially printing plates and other 1/1's.
swowannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:34 PM   #52
Pot Roast
Member
 
Pot Roast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Best state evahhh
Posts: 2,305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swowannabe View Post
@Pot Roast, how're you enjoying Minnesota? I'm assuming you're here by now.
I had a great time, always enjoyed the twin cities!

Unfortunately I went 5-4 and lost my win and in to a guy who is on the PT circuit. Stil my deck (black white horsepower) was really fun to play, and just steam rolled red decks. Also beat control which my deck was weak too.

Played in a 2hg side event and opened 18 packs pulled a bolas/hazoret/gideon/locust god/foil mirrage mirror.

Overall my team in the main event went:
5-4
5-3-1
4-5
6-3-3(day 2)

Great experience and hope we go to another one, had a great time!

BW Horsepower ftw!
__________________
"Tell me Superman, do you bleed? You will."- Von Miller
Super Bowl 50 CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Currently looking for:
Shane Ray Prizm 1/1, Demaryius Thomas 2015 prizm /10
Pot Roast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 12:24 AM   #53
swowannabe
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 539
Default

The GP was the only thing people at draft tonight were talking about. My buddy was sick so I had to fly solo. Opened two mythics (Raz the Demon and the blue sphinx that is worse money wise than Abrade), so that's fine and dandy. Also got passed the blue/black cycle land in the Amonkhet pack, so value-wise I ended up doing splendidly. Went 2-1, and my prize packs were less than stellar. Overall it was fun though.

I've been up since 0300 this morning, so I should probably call it a night. 20.5 hours seems like enough time to be awake! Woo!
__________________
2015 A&G -=MEGAN KALMOE=- SUPER COLLECTOR
PLEASE PM me with any hits of hers, especially printing plates and other 1/1's.
swowannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:03 PM   #54
Pot Roast
Member
 
Pot Roast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Best state evahhh
Posts: 2,305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swowannabe View Post
The GP was the only thing people at draft tonight were talking about. My buddy was sick so I had to fly solo. Opened two mythics (Raz the Demon and the blue sphinx that is worse money wise than Abrade), so that's fine and dandy. Also got passed the blue/black cycle land in the Amonkhet pack, so value-wise I ended up doing splendidly. Went 2-1, and my prize packs were less than stellar. Overall it was fun though.

I've been up since 0300 this morning, so I should probably call it a night. 20.5 hours seems like enough time to be awake! Woo!
did a fullbox break 2HG with a buddy and my packs were:
Hazoret
Oketra
Gideon
Locust God
Nicol Bolas
Fried Sanity or w.e
Foil Mirage Mirror
__________________
"Tell me Superman, do you bleed? You will."- Von Miller
Super Bowl 50 CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Currently looking for:
Shane Ray Prizm 1/1, Demaryius Thomas 2015 prizm /10
Pot Roast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:07 PM   #55
swowannabe
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pot Roast View Post
did a fullbox break 2HG with a buddy and my packs were:
Hazoret
Oketra
Gideon
Locust God
Nicol Bolas
Fried Sanity or w.e
Foil Mirage Mirror
Seems legit. I'm trying to figure out how/where I can sell my Hazoret's before the drop like a rock in price (if they drop like a rock in price? I dunno).

Still have a box of HOU I want to play some limited with, but I can never find the time or people to do either a 4 man sealed pod or an 8 man draft pod. I have the Amonkhet packs to support... buh.
__________________
2015 A&G -=MEGAN KALMOE=- SUPER COLLECTOR
PLEASE PM me with any hits of hers, especially printing plates and other 1/1's.
swowannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:08 PM   #56
Pot Roast
Member
 
Pot Roast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Best state evahhh
Posts: 2,305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swowannabe View Post
Seems legit. I'm trying to figure out how/where I can sell my Hazoret's before the drop like a rock in price (if they drop like a rock in price? I dunno).

Still have a box of HOU I want to play some limited with, but I can never find the time or people to do either a 4 man sealed pod or an 8 man draft pod. I have the Amonkhet packs to support... buh.
I think you still got time, but at the gp they were paying 13 cash monies.

I think Red could become stronger once rotation happens as zombies will die.
__________________
"Tell me Superman, do you bleed? You will."- Von Miller
Super Bowl 50 CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Currently looking for:
Shane Ray Prizm 1/1, Demaryius Thomas 2015 prizm /10
Pot Roast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:37 AM   #57
swowannabe
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 539
Default

Dang, see now I should have gone to the GP to get straight cash monies!
__________________
2015 A&G -=MEGAN KALMOE=- SUPER COLLECTOR
PLEASE PM me with any hits of hers, especially printing plates and other 1/1's.
swowannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 05:26 PM   #58
Pot Roast
Member
 
Pot Roast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Best state evahhh
Posts: 2,305
Default

Commander 17 is looking more and more awesome.

Cat's and Taxes anyone?
__________________
"Tell me Superman, do you bleed? You will."- Von Miller
Super Bowl 50 CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Currently looking for:
Shane Ray Prizm 1/1, Demaryius Thomas 2015 prizm /10
Pot Roast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:50 AM   #59
swowannabe
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 539
Default

I don't play Commander. If one of the new decks is interesting enough, I'll buy it so I have a damn deck and people will stop harassing me to get one and I can play and stop being annoyed at them and their dumb format.

If I have that Ramos Dragon Engine guy as my commander, can I have all 5 colors since his ability has all five color symbols represented?
__________________
2015 A&G -=MEGAN KALMOE=- SUPER COLLECTOR
PLEASE PM me with any hits of hers, especially printing plates and other 1/1's.
swowannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:49 PM   #60
swowannabe
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 539
Default

Played 2x Sealed "events" with my buddy. First go I has a G/R aggro deck that just destroyed all. I even have him some if my pool after 3-0'ing him and I win the next 2.

Pool 2 I opened the best singular pack of my life - Guide on of the Trials and a CONSECRATED SPHINX INVOCATION!!!!

Unreal. Also got a scorpion God, hour of devastation, runs map excavator, full art foul swamp....

My buddy also pulled an invocation No Mercy!!! Best box + 8 packs of amonkhet we've opened!
__________________
2015 A&G -=MEGAN KALMOE=- SUPER COLLECTOR
PLEASE PM me with any hits of hers, especially printing plates and other 1/1's.
swowannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:47 AM   #61
longisland
Member
 
longisland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 3,165
Default

I draft three times a week and still have not opened a HOU invocation. I'm ready!
__________________
2013-14 Panini Select Black Friday John Tavares 7/35 20%
longisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:56 AM   #62
swowannabe
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longisland View Post
I draft three times a week and still have not opened a HOU invocation. I'm ready!
I'm sure it'll happen eventually! I really wanted (and still do) a Masterpiece from KLD/AER but still haven't opened one of those. Then AHK/HOU came out and I really wanted Invocations because I eventually warmed up to their design (and they look pretty cool in person... plus the different look of them is neat and fun to open -- you won't miss the fact that you've opened an Invocation!).

I may slowly try and collect all of them to have a complete set of Invocations! I think they'd look neat all displayed together.
__________________
2015 A&G -=MEGAN KALMOE=- SUPER COLLECTOR
PLEASE PM me with any hits of hers, especially printing plates and other 1/1's.
swowannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:25 PM   #63
longisland
Member
 
longisland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 3,165
Default

I think the Thoughseize invo is so rad. I want one!
__________________
2013-14 Panini Select Black Friday John Tavares 7/35 20%
longisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:12 AM   #64
Pot Roast
Member
 
Pot Roast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Best state evahhh
Posts: 2,305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swowannabe View Post
I don't play Commander. If one of the new decks is interesting enough, I'll buy it so I have a damn deck and people will stop harassing me to get one and I can play and stop being annoyed at them and their dumb format.

If I have that Ramos Dragon Engine guy as my commander, can I have all 5 colors since his ability has all five color symbols represented?
you sure can!

I don't mind commander it's a casual format and it's fun to see what people can build, but the try-hard decks ruin it for me.
__________________
"Tell me Superman, do you bleed? You will."- Von Miller
Super Bowl 50 CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Currently looking for:
Shane Ray Prizm 1/1, Demaryius Thomas 2015 prizm /10
Pot Roast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:30 AM   #65
swowannabe
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pot Roast View Post
I don't mind commander it's a casual format and it's fun to see what people can build, but the try-hard decks ruin it for me.
This. I don't mind having synergy and combos that are neat, but when you plop down and you're fetching revised dual lands, screw that guy.
__________________
2015 A&G -=MEGAN KALMOE=- SUPER COLLECTOR
PLEASE PM me with any hits of hers, especially printing plates and other 1/1's.
swowannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 03:43 AM   #66
Pot Roast
Member
 
Pot Roast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Best state evahhh
Posts: 2,305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swowannabe View Post
This. I don't mind having synergy and combos that are neat, but when you plop down and you're fetching revised dual lands, screw that guy.
and comboing t3 before you can even do anything, like cool ya got it.



I've been crushing draft after getting rush in the early part.

8-1 in the past 3 drafts.

This week I got passed 3 unquenchable thirsts, and P1P1 Scorpion God. Luckily I knew right away I was playing 4 colors and got to adjust my lands accordingly. I only had mana troubles in one game and that was because I was greedy for Rhonas Last stand instead of fetching a blue source. Still if my next land was a blue I would have been fine. Ammit/Rhonas/Scorp/flying beats ft. I also got to unquenchable thirst three times in one game and my friend went full tilt.
__________________
"Tell me Superman, do you bleed? You will."- Von Miller
Super Bowl 50 CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Currently looking for:
Shane Ray Prizm 1/1, Demaryius Thomas 2015 prizm /10
Pot Roast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 01:01 PM   #67
longisland
Member
 
longisland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 3,165
Default

Standard at the FNM is shaping up nicely. Some very interesting builds are making it out.
__________________
2013-14 Panini Select Black Friday John Tavares 7/35 20%
longisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 02:35 PM   #68
swowannabe
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pot Roast View Post
and comboing t3 before you can even do anything, like cool ya got it.



I've been crushing draft after getting rush in the early part.

8-1 in the past 3 drafts.

This week I got passed 3 unquenchable thirsts, and P1P1 Scorpion God. Luckily I knew right away I was playing 4 colors and got to adjust my lands accordingly. I only had mana troubles in one game and that was because I was greedy for Rhonas Last stand instead of fetching a blue source. Still if my next land was a blue I would have been fine. Ammit/Rhonas/Scorp/flying beats ft. I also got to unquenchable thirst three times in one game and my friend went full tilt.
Lol. I haven't drafted in what seems like... <insert some joke about time relating to Hour of... since the set has a time unit in its name>! Probably won't go tomorrow night due to eclipse and craziness there, I expect it to be full apocalypse mode until Tuesday at the earliest. Been tempted to draft on MTGO, but seriously eff that. I want PHYSICAL cards for $15 a draft, none of this worthless electrons garbage.
__________________
2015 A&G -=MEGAN KALMOE=- SUPER COLLECTOR
PLEASE PM me with any hits of hers, especially printing plates and other 1/1's.
swowannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:14 PM   #69
Pot Roast
Member
 
Pot Roast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Best state evahhh
Posts: 2,305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swowannabe View Post
Lol. I haven't drafted in what seems like... <insert some joke about time relating to Hour of... since the set has a time unit in its name>! Probably won't go tomorrow night due to eclipse and craziness there, I expect it to be full apocalypse mode until Tuesday at the earliest. Been tempted to draft on MTGO, but seriously eff that. I want PHYSICAL cards for $15 a draft, none of this worthless electrons garbage.
I hear you, drafting online is meh. You're missing out! Would of the best sets to draft in a long time, once you figure out the format. haha
__________________
"Tell me Superman, do you bleed? You will."- Von Miller
Super Bowl 50 CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Currently looking for:
Shane Ray Prizm 1/1, Demaryius Thomas 2015 prizm /10
Pot Roast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 10:28 AM   #70
swowannabe
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 539
Default

Oh, I think HOU (and even AHK) are some of the better drafting environments in a loooong time. Even better than the designed-to-draft sets like Modern Masters and Conspiracy. Super duper fun. I'll try and squeeze a few more drafts out of it before Ixalan, but I have a hunch Ixalan is going to be great.
__________________
2015 A&G -=MEGAN KALMOE=- SUPER COLLECTOR
PLEASE PM me with any hits of hers, especially printing plates and other 1/1's.
swowannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 06:57 PM   #71
Pot Roast
Member
 
Pot Roast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Best state evahhh
Posts: 2,305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swowannabe View Post
Oh, I think HOU (and even AHK) are some of the better drafting environments in a loooong time. Even better than the designed-to-draft sets like Modern Masters and Conspiracy. Super duper fun. I'll try and squeeze a few more drafts out of it before Ixalan, but I have a hunch Ixalan is going to be great.
Modern Masters 17 was great, I like Conspiracy style 1v3 but 3 packs of Conspiracy is very bleh. Doesn't help I always pull jank. haha


Sept is the Last of FNM Promos as we know it, moving to tokens after so make sure to get some FNM in for your chance at Fatal Push.

I hope Ixalan is great, I'm not sure. I'm sure i'll be cracking it though
__________________
"Tell me Superman, do you bleed? You will."- Von Miller
Super Bowl 50 CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Currently looking for:
Shane Ray Prizm 1/1, Demaryius Thomas 2015 prizm /10
Pot Roast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:55 PM   #72
swowannabe
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pot Roast View Post
Modern Masters 17 was great, I like Conspiracy style 1v3 but 3 packs of Conspiracy is very bleh. Doesn't help I always pull jank. haha


Sept is the Last of FNM Promos as we know it, moving to tokens after so make sure to get some FNM in for your chance at Fatal Push.

I hope Ixalan is great, I'm not sure. I'm sure i'll be cracking it though
Yeah, I play exactly 0 FNM. I assume FNM is only for Standard/Modern. No thanks. Plus Fatal Push means only the tryhards are going to show up and win. I can't beat the $20000 modern deck or the $1000 standard deck. No thanks.

If there is a store locally that has a like... 10pm Friday night draft with FNM promo's being available to win, I might actually try to go to one. But still, you'd have to 3-0 the draft and you'll have the try-hards that pass you a Force of Will invocation from their Amonkhet Pack because they're in Red and the Trial of Zeal has a higher upside.

Which, doesn't actually sound that bad. I doubt the Fatal Push will eclipse most of the Invocations. Hmmmm...

Don't get me wrong though, I like going up against better players because it challenges me to get better. No doubt about it. But look, unless I open Glorious End, I'm not passing any mythics.

Looks like official previews of Ixalan has started. May be time to start a new thread...
__________________
2015 A&G -=MEGAN KALMOE=- SUPER COLLECTOR
PLEASE PM me with any hits of hers, especially printing plates and other 1/1's.
swowannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 01:09 PM   #73
swowannabe
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 539
Default

Did what is likely (although hopefully not!) my last HOU draft last night. P1P1 = Nicol Bolas. I knew instantly I could go 0-3 and be happier than a clam! Drafted a mostly blue control deck with black and red with tons of deserts.

I went 3-0 and didn't drop a game. Bolas. Is. Ridiculous.
__________________
2015 A&G -=MEGAN KALMOE=- SUPER COLLECTOR
PLEASE PM me with any hits of hers, especially printing plates and other 1/1's.
swowannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:32 PM   #74
mcguirem13
Member
 
mcguirem13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swowannabe View Post
Did what is likely (although hopefully not!) my last HOU draft last night. P1P1 = Nicol Bolas. I knew instantly I could go 0-3 and be happier than a clam! Drafted a mostly blue control deck with black and red with tons of deserts.

I went 3-0 and didn't drop a game. Bolas. Is. Ridiculous.
Nice! Living the dream. I hope to be able to play him in a draft before Ixalan comes around.
__________________
Bucket:
http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc128/mcguirem13/
mcguirem13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:02 AM   #75
swowannabe
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguirem13 View Post
Nice! Living the dream. I hope to be able to play him in a draft before Ixalan comes around.
Been living all sorts of Magic dreams lately! Super fun. I can't wait for Ixalan, and am a little saddened that the "lottery cards" (i.e. Masterpieces/Invocations) are scrapped but oh well. It wasn't sustainable and I get that.

But a few cards that go REALLY well into Bolas (and probably into most decks in this format, to be honest) are Moaning Wall (this thing was a super-star MVP for me on Monday) and to a lesser degree Wall of Forgotten Pharaohs. Also, desert-heavy is far from a bad strategy, I think I had 6 in my deck total? (4 cycle and the red and black uncommon ones) and each of the uncommons won me a game. The extra 2 damage is great reach to just finish a game and the Infir Deadlands just chewed up other deserts to blow up his dinky critters and cleared the board enough he couldn't push through any damage so I stayed at 2 life until I won. Super great stuff.
__________________
2015 A&G -=MEGAN KALMOE=- SUPER COLLECTOR
PLEASE PM me with any hits of hers, especially printing plates and other 1/1's.
swowannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.