Blowout Cards Forums
blowout specials

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

Notices

MMA - Mixed Martial Arts Post your MMA Cards Hobby Talk

Old 08-01-2017, 12:08 AM   #76
Nyfancam01

I have ALOT of $$$ STRAIGHT BETS! No odds. No spread.

lol yes! Multiple people taking conor straight up against me
Old 08-02-2017, 03:06 PM   #77
sthoemke

I wish this was an MMA fight
Old 08-03-2017, 12:13 PM   #78
MC80_LCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfancam01 View Post

http://www.ibtimes.com/floyd-mayweat...c-star-2573497

The main thing from the article is reports from the MGM sports book claim that for every 1 bet placed on Floyd to win, there are 32 placed for McGregor. Outside of this fight being fixed I don't see anyway that Mayweather loses, and realistically, it should be over in the first few rounds. Vegas stands to make a ton of money.
Old 08-03-2017, 12:38 PM   #79
seabass97166

All the MMA fans are betting McGregor. People love the underdog, bet small to win big. The Maywearther sharp and BIG money is coming in hard right before the right as the odds continue to drop.
seabass97166 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:10 PM   #80
sthoemke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC80_LCM View Post
http://www.ibtimes.com/floyd-mayweat...c-star-2573497

The main thing from the article is reports from the MGM sports book claim that for every 1 bet placed on Floyd to win, there are 32 placed for McGregor. Outside of this fight being fixed I don't see anyway that Mayweather loses, and realistically, it should be over in the first few rounds. Vegas stands to make a ton of money.
Must be few large bets on Mayweather, and a lot of small bets on McGregor.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:35 PM   #81
RogerGodahell

If it was fixed so McGregor won...both fighters stand to make a lot more money for the rematch also.

I clect football cards
RogerGodahell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:13 PM   #82
MC80_LCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerGodahell View Post
If it was fixed so McGregor won...both fighters stand to make a lot more money for the rematch also.
Thats exactly what would worry me if I was betting. Hell, go even farther than a rematch. McGregor wins the first, Floyd wins the 2nd then they have a tie breaker 3rd fight.

I hold out hope that Floyds ego wouldn't let him agree to have his only pro boxing loss be to an MMA guy.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:08 PM   #83
RogerGodahell

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC80_LCM View Post
Thats exactly what would worry me if I was betting. Hell, go even farther than a rematch. McGregor wins the first, Floyd wins the 2nd then they have a tie breaker 3rd fight.

I hold out hope that Floyds ego wouldn't let him agree to have his only pro boxing loss be to an MMA guy.
I believe he's trademarked "49-1"

I clect football cards
Old 08-06-2017, 06:29 PM   #84
sonnyday

Word is McGregor got his clock run by Paulie Maglianni in a sparring fight and he couldn't even go the distance. Mayweather is going to wear this guy out in 4 rounds.
sonnyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:43 AM   #85
Bryanjs14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyday View Post
Word is McGregor got his clock run by Paulie Maglianni in a sparring fight and he couldn't even go the distance. Mayweather is going to wear this guy out in 4 rounds.
and you believe the guy who has been all over twitter just trying to get his has been name in the press?
Bryanjs14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:44 PM   #86
irfuji

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mayweat...200416089.html

Can't really say I'm surprised.

Ma Bucket: http://s283.photobucket.com/user/irfuji/library/?sort=3&page=1
irfuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 09:06 PM   #87
Inferno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
and you believe the guy who has been all over twitter just trying to get his has been name in the press?
Yeah that guy is a leech. He had the sparring gig for all of five minutes and left so he could run to the press and cash in on the hype. I wouldn't put much stock in what he says.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 01:34 AM   #88
codered

Quote:

Me too. So many dumb people out there. Fools and their money I guess. I get that the UFC is more popular now a days but people still refuse to use common sense. I tried reason to my one buddies that this is almost like one of the best 100 m sprinters running a 100 m sprint against a one of the best decathlon athletes. Sure there is sprinting in the decathlon but it doesn't mean that athlete stands a chance against someone that only sprints and is world class at it. Might be a boring fight but money will destroy him.
codered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 01:50 AM   #89
chezball

I think anyone that pays for this fight is nuts. I see McG getting DQ"d for doing something stupid.
chezball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:41 PM   #90
RogerGodahell

Only way Mayweather loses is if the throws the fight. McGregor has never boxed a match in his life and he's going against one of the greatest of all time. I know a lot of people don't like Mayweather he's arrogant, rich and flaunts it. I get it. But that doesn't change the fact i respect him as a fighter. He simply knows how to win, he's a great boxer. Boring to some? Maybe. But what are you supposed to do as a fighter? What are the basic fundamentals of boxing? Land punches and don't get hit, right? That's what he does...probably better than anyone i've ever seen.

We've seen a lot of rigged fights over the years in boxing. There's definitely been some shenanigans. Whether the boxers were involved or just the judges who knows? Basically what Mayweather has to ask himself... is it worth tarnishing his record and legacy for another $100M? Because that's probably what he stands to make in a rematch if he lets McGregor win this first one.

I clect football cards

Last edited by RogerGodahell; 08-11-2017 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:09 AM   #91
Bryanjs14

Quote:
Only way Mayweather loses is if the throws the fight. McGregor has never boxed a match in his life and he's going against one of the greatest of all time. I know a lot of people don't like Mayweather he's arrogant, rich and flaunts it. I get it. But that doesn't change the fact i respect him as a fighter. He simply knows how to win, he's a great boxer. Boring to some? Maybe. But what are you supposed to do as a fighter? What are the basic fundamentals of boxing? Land punches and don't get hit, right? That's what he does...probably better than anyone i've ever seen.

We've seen a lot of rigged fights over the years in boxing. There's definitely been some shenanigans. Whether the boxers were involved or just the judges who knows? Basically what Mayweather has to ask himself... is it worth tarnishing his record and legacy for another $100M? Because that's probably what he stands to make in a rematch if he lets McGregor win this first one.
$100M? he is making 3x that for this fight....a rematch would more than likely make even more. The hell with legacy. I'll trade legacy for half a billion all day every day.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:32 PM   #92
RogerGodahell

So now that we have that out of the way you can see why he'd possibly entertain the idea of throwing the fight.

I clect football cards
Old 08-13-2017, 12:52 AM   #93
Bryanjs14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyday View Post
Video Is out

You were saying?

Like I said, why believe some has been looking to get his name in the press?
Old 08-13-2017, 03:48 PM   #94
CollectorMan

This fight is a circus. Hopefully they knock each other out. Only way McGregor wins is if it's rigged. No possible way will Conner go the distance or win on points. Floyd will jab and avoid all fight, which is his bread and butter. Worse still if Conner somehow wins, it completey ruins boxing. I dislike everything about this fight.
CollectorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 03:54 PM   #95
Prospectorsadvantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
I think anyone that pays for this fight is nuts. I see McG getting DQ"d for doing something stupid.
Mcgregor is a business man. His contract has numerous clauses if he kicks etc. mayweather gets all his money. Mcgregor won't get DQ'D.

Always buying Highend Items: PhotoBucket:
http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/PACARDS/story
Prospectorsadvantage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 05:31 PM   #96
Bryanjs14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollectorMan View Post
This fight is a circus. Hopefully they knock each other out. Only way McGregor wins is if it's rigged. No possible way will Conner go the distance or win on points. Floyd will jab and avoid all fight, which is his bread and butter. Worse still if Conner somehow wins, it completey ruins boxing. I dislike everything about this fight.
IF McGregor can catch Floyd (big if) then Floyd is in trouble. Floyd has not felt this kind of power and being 41 doesn't help. There are ways McGregor can win, but almost of them involve doing what most of Floyds opponents have not been able to do (smother him with offense, run after him when he runs away and continue to smother with offense with no worry about counters) unlike Floyds other opponents Conor has absolutely zero to lose. He isn't trying to win a belt, he's there for a paycheck and a paycheck only. Losing gets him no additional money (unless fight goes distance and it's a close fight), winning gives him at least the potential of a rematch and a bigger check. Conor's mentality in the Octagon has always been to show no fear and go after his opponents, I don't see any reason why he would change his fight mentality in a boxing ring.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:12 PM   #97
RogerGodahell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
IF McGregor can catch Floyd (big if) then Floyd is in trouble. Floyd has not felt this kind of power and being 41 doesn't help. There are ways McGregor can win, but almost of them involve doing what most of Floyds opponents have not been able to do (smother him with offense, run after him when he runs away and continue to smother with offense with no worry about counters) unlike Floyds other opponents Conor has absolutely zero to lose. He isn't trying to win a belt, he's there for a paycheck and a paycheck only. Losing gets him no additional money (unless fight goes distance and it's a close fight), winning gives him at least the potential of a rematch and a bigger check. Conor's mentality in the Octagon has always been to show no fear and go after his opponents, I don't see any reason why he would change his fight mentality in a boxing ring.
Watch his sparring video and you'll see how terrible of a boxer he is. Again Mayweather is not an average boxer, he one of the best ever. Throwing hailmary's wont cut it. It might versus a below average boxer though.

I clect football cards

Last edited by RogerGodahell; 08-13-2017 at 07:15 PM.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:14 PM   #98
Nyfancam01

I have officially made a TWO THOUSAND dollar straight bet with somebody LOL

Please floyd don't let me down!!!!!
Old 08-13-2017, 07:31 PM   #99
RogerGodahell

Quote:
I have officially made a TWO THOUSAND dollar straight bet with somebody LOL

Please floyd don't throw the fight!!!!!
Fixed it for you

I clect football cards
Old 08-14-2017, 12:27 PM   #100
Bryanjs14

Quote:
Watch his sparring video and you'll see how terrible of a boxer he is. Again Mayweather is not an average boxer, he one of the best ever. Throwing hailmary's wont cut it. It might versus a below average boxer though.
why wouldn't that possibly work? no one else has had the balls to do that and not give a damn about his countering. How Connor will fight Mayweather is going to be unlike how anyone else has fought Mayweather. Stand right in front of him, not be afraid of his punches, run after him when he retreats, and swing for the fences. What is to say thats not the exact gameplan to finally beat Floyd? No one else has tried it, so how can you discount that as a possible way of winning?