Blowout Cards Forums
star wars

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 09-19-2014, 06:25 AM   #26
projekt

So I've a question, it requires like 4.7GB, and I don't have that free. So before I go deleting everything to make room, when I do download it does it really take up that 4.7? So will my memory be maxed out? Or does it just require that to install, then I get most of it back? Thanks I advance!
projekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 06:39 AM   #27
armyatc22

Swift key app aka swipe texting
Old 09-19-2014, 08:09 AM   #28
Brobocop

Quote:
Originally Posted by projekt View Post
So I've a question, it requires like 4.7GB, and I don't have that free. So before I go deleting everything to make room, when I do download it does it really take up that 4.7? So will my memory be maxed out? Or does it just require that to install, then I get most of it back? Thanks I advance!
I usually connect my device to my computer with iTunes on it and download it through iTunes rather than through the device directly. I think that helps shave off some of the 4.7 GB install. If you're going to update I'd go that route and see how that works first.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:22 AM   #29
fm8418

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

it dosnt take up 4.7 GB it just needs it to install then you get the space back.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:36 AM   #30
Nicnac

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
it dosnt take up 4.7 GB it just needs it to install then you get the space back.
I lost 1GB on my phone doing this update. Not complaining, just saying.

Before I ran it, my usage was 6GB... right after, 7GB.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:50 AM   #31
cromartie3145

So what's the verdict? Is it worth installing? I currently have IOS 7 and am on the fence as to whether or not I should update to 8.
ALWAYS BUYING RYAN NASSIB CONTENDERS, NATIONAL TREASURES, TOPPS CHROME, EXQUISITE, and SPA AUTOS (Finders Fee will be paid for the Contenders Championship Ticket Auto 1/1 and the Topps Chrome Super Auto )!

Bucket: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cromartie3145
cromartie3145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 12:15 PM   #32
Nicnac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromartie3145 View Post
So what's the verdict? Is it worth installing? I currently have IOS 7 and am on the fence as to whether or not I should update to 8.
Honestly, I don't notice much difference except for the suggestions in Messages.

Depends on your usage of course. I can see the recent items when you double tap home being useful for people.

I think iOS8 will really come into its own once OS X 10.10 Yosemite is released and people upgrade their Macs.

Last edited by Nicnac; 09-19-2014 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:22 PM   #33
projekt

Thanks to all those that helped on my memory install question! did it via my laptop and it worked! thanks again all!
Old 09-19-2014, 12:53 PM   #34
avjp87

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

it's not worth it, there's no real change
Old 09-19-2014, 04:44 PM   #35
iconms

Still have the 4S (but probably not for much longer) and I don't have enough space to d/l iOS8. I'll probably pass because I don't feel like deleting music.

I also agree with whoever has said it's a bad thing to keep running the latest iOS on an older phone like 4S. It wasn't meant to run that type of system and I find things crash pretty often
iconms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 05:37 PM   #36
Nicnac

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconms View Post
Still have the 4S (but probably not for much longer) and I don't have enough space to d/l iOS8. I'll probably pass because I don't feel like deleting music.

I also agree with whoever has said it's a bad thing to keep running the latest iOS on an older phone like 4S. It wasn't meant to run that type of system and I find things crash pretty often
My 4S is running iOS8 perfectly (as it did iOS7). Issues some users have often have to do with how much stuff is left over in the system from older operating systems. At some point, you gotta wipe the phone completely and put a CLEAN operating system on it to get rid of all the gremlins.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:29 AM   #37
tajikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
Swift key app aka swipe texting
Welcome to two years ago on Android.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:52 AM   #38
vwnut13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Welcome to two years ago on Android.
You mean, Welcome to 2010.
vwnut13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 02:39 PM   #39
ucfkid
Banned - PBM

If I reset everything on the iPad will it undo the update? Everything works fine but sending pictures through email is giving me trouble. I did it almost everyday and took less than a minute. With the new update I tried to send pics and nothing. Maybe I thought it was yahoo and tried on aol and nothing. Haven't been able to send pics in a few days.
ucfkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 03:25 PM   #40
Nicnac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfkid View Post
If I reset everything on the iPad will it undo the update? Everything works fine but sending pictures through email is giving me trouble. I did it almost everyday and took less than a minute. With the new update I tried to send pics and nothing. Maybe I thought it was yahoo and tried on aol and nothing. Haven't been able to send pics in a few days.
What sort of reset are you asking about, the one in Settings > General > Reset all Settings? That won't undo the iOS8 update or delete any of your apps or files.

I am noticing more bugs through more usage of my phone so they had better be working on a big patch quickly...
Old 09-23-2014, 03:32 PM   #41
ucfkid
Banned - PBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
What sort of reset are you asking about, the one in Settings > General > Reset all Settings? That won't undo the iOS8 update or delete any of your apps or files.

I am noticing more bugs through more usage of my phone so they had better be working on a big patch quickly...
So I can't undue the update? I'm talking about erase all content and settings.
ucfkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 01:51 PM   #42
geoffyb

I work 2 doors down from a computer guy who keeps coming into my store telling me how much ios8 sucks and he is a huge Apple guy. Apparently most apps with anything to do with photos are still trying to locate camera roll when it does not exist and a ton are still crashing. Many phones are not able to connect to bluetooth on newer systems in cars Etc Etc. I use Mac for everything but phones. Sounds like a big pain in the butt.
geoffyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 03:12 PM   #43
projekt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post

This exactly! I really dug it at first. But I'm noticing tons of bugs. Texting seems off. That angers me the most. Auto correct and detection seem super wonky
Old 09-24-2014, 06:06 PM   #44
Nicnac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfkid View Post
So I can't undue the update? I'm talking about erase all content and settings.
No you can't undo the update without resorting to some trickery.

I would suggest you do try Settings > General > Reset All Settings first and see if your issues are resolved.

If not, then yeah, all content and settings.

But this will still leave you on iOS8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffyb View Post
I work 2 doors down from a computer guy who keeps coming into my store telling me how much ios8 sucks and he is a huge Apple guy. Apparently most apps with anything to do with photos are still trying to locate camera roll when it does not exist and a ton are still crashing. Many phones are not able to connect to bluetooth on newer systems in cars Etc Etc. I use Mac for everything but phones. Sounds like a big pain in the butt.

Quote:
This exactly! I really dug it at first. But I'm noticing tons of bugs. Texting seems off. That angers me the most. Auto correct and detection seem super wonky
Apparently 8.0.1 which was available this morning was a disaster and Apple pulled it an hour after it went live.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:08 PM   #45
geoffyb

Yeah it was ruining a bunch of cellular connections.
geoffyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:55 AM   #46
Sushiyoshi

Steve Jobs is rolling in his grave.
Sushiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote