Blowout Cards Forums
May Flowers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 10-28-2014, 02:17 PM   #26
Seahawks fan

I dont think sales have to do with people not liking the product but the fact that the XBOX 360 isnt a bad system. It still has games being made for it, gets 2 free games per month with Xbox live (not to mention with Gold deals most of the big games are $5 - 10 bucks each week), more people have them so online gaming is still better on it, and it has basically all the same features kinect, netflix/entertainment, and alot of the same games that get realeased on xbox one.

This isnt the graphics/hardware jump that we had in the 80s/90s where the new systems were a must
Old 10-28-2014, 02:22 PM   #27
fm8418

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

its temporary and price goes back up in January.

Dont expect black friday price cuts because this 349 is a holiday bundle
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 02:31 PM   #28
ChicoCheese

Not trying to start a gaming flame war here, but I just have to say that ever since I decided to go full PlayStation I have not been let down. It just seems like Xbox can't recover from it's original "you must have online service or get a 24hr ban" and "You can't play games unless you have Live" problem. Where as Sony simply said "you don't need to jump through all these hoops, just set up the system and game on."

I owned the original Xbox before I owned a Playstation 2. I LOVED my Xbox, but it broke on me (I am very strict on keeping my consoles clean with Falcon Dust-Off). My favorite game was Knights of the Old Republic and some of my favorite times was playing Halo on legendary with my best friend while he was visiting and we beat the game. Once I got my PS2 I pretty much stuck with the console-exclusive titles such as God of War, Ratchet and Clank, etc etc. I was late to the PS2 life cycle, but I loved it. It never failed me and I had it for a LONG while.

Then the Xbox 360 came out and I picked that up day one. It was nice, and even better once better games came out. My favorite game was the first Mass Effect. Then my 360 started to fail. I never got RROD, but I DID have this really bad issue where my games wouldn't save and they would freeze all the time. In game I would get a message that said "save complete" or something like that and I would turn off my console. When I would boot it back up later that day or next day, what have you, the save wouldn't be there. At first I thought it was just me and I was making a mistake. Then I realized it was the console. Also, as I said earlier it froze ALL the time.

I got rid of the 360 and my wife got me a PS3. This has been my favorite console of all time, better than my N64, PS1, PS2, Xbox, 360, etc. I LOVE all of the exclusive titles for PS3 (Uncharted, God of War, inFamous, Ratchet and Clank Future, Metal Gear, etc.) PLUS I can get HD versions of the PS2 classics that I love like Jak and Daxter, Rachtet and Clank, God of War, Sly Cooper, Metal Gear Solid, and maybe more. I still play Ratchet and Clank HD Collection when I want some light hearted fun gaming, but when I really want to buckle down and get into a full on gaming experience I will fire up inFamous or my RE6 Anthology that came with RE, RE2, RE3, RE4, RE5, and RE6.

I don't have a PS4, and I won't until probably Christmas when Uncharted 4 comes out, but even then I doubt I could get rid of my PS3. There is just too many awesome games that I love to play.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:00 PM   #29
XARZY

Walmart has the cod:aw xbox1 bundle @ 450. I will be refunding my game stop reservation and going to Walmart
Old 11-03-2014, 04:18 PM   #30
DanDaMan

XBone + 12 months live + COD: AW now for $380

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291279610974
Old 11-04-2014, 08:34 AM   #31
mainerunr

According to MaximumPC, PS4 outsold both the XBOne and XB360 last quarter. Seems like pretty good incentive to cut the price, more money is made on the games and accessories than the console anyway. Sony sold the PS3 at a loss for a while (and still was behind XB360 sales numbers until late 2012 when the PS3 finally passed the XB360).

BTW, makes no sense to me, from what I've read, the PS4 is the more powerful of the two but has far less non-gaming functionality than the XBOne.

Either way, I dont see a must have game for either yet so I'll stick to what I have (and the piles of games I have yet to beat).
mainerunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 10:15 AM   #32
Clarka3

the one PS exclusive that has always killed me as an Xbox user is MLB: The Show.

There hasn't been a solid xbox baseball game for a long time.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 10:33 AM   #33
Brobocop

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainerunr View Post
According to MaximumPC, PS4 outsold both the XBOne and XB360 last quarter. Seems like pretty good incentive to cut the price, more money is made on the games and accessories than the console anyway. Sony sold the PS3 at a loss for a while (and still was behind XB360 sales numbers until late 2012 when the PS3 finally passed the XB360).

BTW, makes no sense to me, from what I've read, the PS4 is the more powerful of the two but has far less non-gaming functionality than the XBOne.

Either way, I dont see a must have game for either yet so I'll stick to what I have (and the piles of games I have yet to beat).
This. I think this current console generation has shown me that adopting both on day one was a mistake. For the longest time I was playing games on my 360. I just started playing games on my Xbox One and PS4 with in the past month.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 11:42 AM   #34
Clarka3

PS4 2.0 update issues: Rest Mode lock ups, Evolve Alpha delayed | BGR

for some reason, PS just can't seem to get their PR right. They waited what, a week to announce when they were hacked last year?

Now that they charge for their online services, you'd think these goofed updates would go away...

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:34 PM   #35
babyfaceposey

Picked up two this weekend for my sons. Great Christmas gifts.
babyfaceposey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 01:40 PM   #36
hreed2

Anybody else keep reading Xbone as X Bone?
hreed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:09 PM   #37
Brobocop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
PS4 2.0 update issues: Rest Mode lock ups, Evolve Alpha delayed | BGR

for some reason, PS just can't seem to get their PR right. They waited what, a week to announce when they were hacked last year?

Now that they charge for their online services, you'd think these goofed updates would go away...
I think this just shows that both systems are far from perfect. I'll never understand fanboys since you really gain nothing since both systems are selling fine and neither Microsoft or Sony are going anywhere anytime soon.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:58 PM   #38
Nicnac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I think this just shows that both systems are far from perfect. I'll never understand fanboys since you really gain nothing since both systems are selling fine and neither Microsoft or Sony are going anywhere anytime soon.
Fanboys suck on either side. They try to deny others the enjoyment of their systems, think Apple vs Android.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 04:16 PM   #39
Clarka3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
right, nobody's perfect, but i've never been frozen out of my xbox for days because of a faulty update.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:43 PM   #40
freethrowtommy

I own both... my PS4 is collecting dust for the most part. I thought I could go Sony after two generations of Xbox, but I just couldn't do it. The controller is much better than the PS3, but still miles behind the Xbox controller IMO.

That said, I only play Madden on my One... if that didn't come out, the One would be collecting dust also. Neither console has another game that peaked my interest.

I always find it funny when fanboys start touting their system as being better. Right now, they are both equally lacking.
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 11:11 AM   #41
Clarka3

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
I own both... my PS4 is collecting dust for the most part. I thought I could go Sony after two generations of Xbox, but I just couldn't do it. The controller is much better than the PS3, but still miles behind the Xbox controller IMO.

That said, I only play Madden on my One... if that didn't come out, the One would be collecting dust also. Neither console has another game that peaked my interest.

I always find it funny when fanboys start touting their system as being better. Right now, they are both equally lacking.
that's why I haven't picked up a One yet. No title that I had to play. Got Madden on the 360 as well as Bball. The only one I miss a little was Dead Rising.