Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 12-21-2014, 01:11 PM   #26
berkey33
Banned

Let's burn this beotch down!
berkey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 01:39 PM   #27
MLH

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
The other officer just got married 2 months ago.
Senseless and shameful.
MLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 03:28 PM   #28
MLH

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...64&oe=54FF101F
MLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 03:29 PM   #29
SDcardguy24

Quote:
Originally Posted by preakness View Post
NY Jets and NYG players need to wear NYPD hats to offset the Rams players
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI Rob View Post
Where's Al Sharpton on this one?

Are pro athletes going to wear tshirts for these officers?

Where are the riots?
I saw on Twitter that Brian Cushing and Nick Mangold are supporting the NYPD.

SDcardguy24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 03:49 PM   #30
TheFrenzy

Quote:
Where are the riots?
There are no riots because no serious group believes the shooter was justified. Virtually all segments of society are condemning the shooter - thus no need for protests in this case.
Look for the following 2005 Topps Chrome "Golden Anniversary" refractors: Randy Moss, Ahman Green, Edgerrin James, Jamal Lewis, Ray Lewis, Tony Gonzalez, Jonathan Ogden, Nate Burleson, Eli Manning, Lee Evans, and Steven Jackson.
TheFrenzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 03:54 PM   #31
ILOVEBEER

FLA officer killed reaponding to disturbance. Not getting better people.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:03 PM   #32
lazygambler

Seeing this young man's post and face brought a tear to my eye. This will be a Christmas he never forgets, and for all of the wrong reasons. I give the young man props on his post also. Very mature post coming from a 13 year old who just lost his father that he thought the world of. I don't know anyone's faith around here nor do I care to, but if you get a moment today please send your best wishes to this young man. He doesn't deserve this pain, and so far it looks like he is handling it like a champ.
Old 12-21-2014, 05:34 PM   #33
Dwade Collector
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygambler View Post
Seeing this young man's post and face brought a tear to my eye. This will be a Christmas he never forgets, and for all of the wrong reasons. I give the young man props on his post also. Very mature post coming from a 13 year old who just lost his father that he thought the world of. I don't know anyone's faith around here nor do I care to, but if you get a moment today please send your best wishes to this young man. He doesn't deserve this pain, and so far it looks like he is handling it like a champ.
Saddest thing I've read in a very long time, my prayers are with him
Dwade Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 06:01 PM   #34
freethrowtommy

This is going to get ugly.

Nobody will trust the police and the police won't trust anybody. There are going to be many more who will lose their life for these recent events and it is very unfortunate.

Not good for anyone.
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 06:24 PM   #35
preakness

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post

Nobody will trust the police and the police won't trust anybody. There are going to be many more who will lose their life for these recent events and it is very unfortunate.

Not good for anyone.
Especially sad for the officers and their families since they did nothing wrong
preakness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 06:33 PM   #36
pingbling23

Quote:

Not good for anyone.
i disagree, officers have been getting killed, even like this, for a long time. its not going to change the way officers conduct their selves. most people that dont trust the police are on the wrong side of the law anyway. there are still millions of law abiding citizens that respect the police and want their presence.
pingbling23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 06:50 PM   #37
preakness

Most people who dislike cops have broken the law (and I'm not talking speeding)
Old 12-21-2014, 07:09 PM   #38
TheFrenzy

Obviously no one can make blanket statements about the millions of law enforcement officers in america or those who distrust them.

My principle is that power corrupts. Whether its government, law enforcement, military, religious leaders, etc. The only solution to the problem is transparency. I say body-cameras for every police officer AND politician in the country. 99.9% of all problems are instantly solved.
Look for the following 2005 Topps Chrome "Golden Anniversary" refractors: Randy Moss, Ahman Green, Edgerrin James, Jamal Lewis, Ray Lewis, Tony Gonzalez, Jonathan Ogden, Nate Burleson, Eli Manning, Lee Evans, and Steven Jackson.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:29 PM   #39
fm8418

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

so what youre saying is take away some freedoms?
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 07:35 PM   #40
preakness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrenzy View Post
Obviously no one can make blanket statements about the millions of law enforcement officers in america or those who distrust them.

My principle is that power corrupts. Whether its government, law enforcement, military, religious leaders, etc. The only solution to the problem is transparency. I say body-cameras for every police officer AND politician in the country. 99.9% of all problems are instantly solved.
Teachers need cameras too (so parents can know the truth and not just what their children say)
Old 12-21-2014, 07:38 PM   #41
cruiserdaddy7

Guy who shot the 2 had been arrested 19 times. In prison as well 2011-2013. What a waste.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:42 PM   #42
natbornkiller

an emt friend of my just told that in coney island they were celebrating last night
Old 12-21-2014, 09:02 PM   #43
pingbling23

Quote:

and while that may be true in certain cases, people that hold this belief are already on the wrong foot. if thats your principle, you will go into all situations dealing with people in charge as being corrupt. should i say all doctors are pill heads and all lawyers are drunks because i know a few that have been? that would be wrong to think the majority in those professions are like a few bad apples. please dont think im attacking your opinion, i respect it, and i am just responding with mine.
Old 12-21-2014, 09:09 PM   #44
freethrowtommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
and while that may be true in certain cases, people that hold this belief are already on the wrong foot. if thats your principle, you will go into all situations dealing with people in charge as being corrupt. should i say all doctors are pill heads and all lawyers are drunks because i know a few that have been? that would be wrong to think the majority in those professions are like a few bad apples. please dont think im attacking your opinion, i respect it, and i am just responding with mine.
Lawyers or doctors aren't really considered people with power...
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 10:23 PM   #45
stera8

Some thoughts.

-it's cool how the Yankees. Well one of their foundations will be paying for the cop's two sons' education.

-a few years back, a cop a few towns away was in his car and called this guy over. The guy walked over and shot him in the head and killed him. His reason for doing it was because the cop would know he was wanted for a warrant he had out. He is now in jail for life.

-al sharpton is a fool. In his statement he still focused it around race. Whatever your opinion is...this guy needs to leave the spotlight.

-the best quote came when I read a cnn story. A lady was quoted as saying how it was senseless where it wasn't a race or a police brutality thing, it was just senseless. You don't know if they were good or bad cops or anything about them...she summed everything up.
stera8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 10:50 PM   #46
TheFrenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
It comes down to whether you think humans are inherently good, evil, or neutral. If they're inherently good, you're position is most likely the accurate one. If they are evil, then expanding their capabilities would corrupt them further. If they are neutral, then they will behave according to their own interests which will appear to those beneath them as corruption.

Philosophers and theologians go back and forth over it all day.....
Old 12-21-2014, 11:08 PM   #47
Dwade Collector
Banned

Quote:
It comes down to whether you think humans are inherently good, evil, or neutral. If they're inherently good, you're position is most likely the accurate one. If they are evil, then expanding their capabilities would corrupt them further. If they are neutral, then they will behave according to their own interests which will appear to those beneath them as corruption.

Very deep
Dwade Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 11:20 PM   #48
pingbling23

Quote:
Lawyers or doctors aren't really considered people with power...
i think you missed my point. i also disagree with your post.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:21 PM   #49
BOOMER7

Quote:
Where's Al Sharpton on this one?

Are pro athletes going to wear tshirts for these officers?

Where are the riots?
AL needs to figure out how to pay back the millions he owes in taxes

On point of original post: just terrible for the families and the ones yelling the most will be the first to call the police!

Last edited by BOOMER7; 12-22-2014 at 01:01 AM.
BOOMER7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 11:24 PM   #50
clocsta2323

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwade Collector View Post
Very deep
Dwade you stole the words from my mouth. That was so freaking deep.
clocsta2323 is online now   Reply With Quote