2018 mem day coupons

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 03-28-2017, 02:23 PM   #226
dasiegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmojorisin71 View Post
The dragic is sick, I pieced him together last week. Not sure if I want gobert. I pulled a rising stars Harrison Barnes and completed him for my two way
I am yet to pull ANY rising star players. What packs are you getting these guys in lol?

But what eludes me EVEN MORE is the AI YAO SHAQ for the premium pack. I have never hit that since I started the game. Any way to get it?
Old 03-28-2017, 03:35 PM   #227
mrmojorisin71

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
I am yet to pull ANY rising star players. What packs are you getting these guys in lol?

But what eludes me EVEN MORE is the AI YAO SHAQ for the premium pack. I have never hit that since I started the game. Any way to get it?
I got him in the march madness packs and bought the other one.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:21 PM   #228
mrmojorisin71

I have enough to get the bill Russell legend...is he worth it?
Old 03-28-2017, 07:47 PM   #229
mrmojorisin71

Old 03-29-2017, 12:52 PM   #230
csrockerzero

Quote:
I have enough to get the bill Russell legend...is he worth it?
I think he's worth it. I use him in my lineup and his defense is unstoppable. He's not reliable from mid-range and beyond, but he can manage some inside points and is an incredible rebounder.

Give me your Deng cards!
csrockerzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:03 PM   #231
dasiegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by csrockerzero View Post
I think he's worth it. I use him in my lineup and his defense is unstoppable. He's not reliable from mid-range and beyond, but he can manage some inside points and is an incredible rebounder.
That's how I feel about Unseld. He blocks a ton of shots and gets solid rebounds but he's useless to score unless it's point blank. The game cracks me up how it makes Bo Outlaw better than Wilt Chamberlain!
Old 03-30-2017, 11:25 AM   #232
dasiegel

So in a fit of boredom I went for another big moments player and got Dion Waiters. Since I couldn't use him as an 84 I did the upgrade and got Chris Paul 89... he was in the same slot as Westbrook 85 so I basicaly got nothing. Did an exchange for Kawhi Leonard 87 since you can't sell Big moments.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:14 PM   #233
mrmojorisin71

Went ahead and got gobert, still debating on bill Russell...I primarily play with my big man, shooting and small ball lineup so the gobert was more of an impulse set
Old 03-31-2017, 10:57 PM   #234
briancecilrn

Quote:
Went ahead and got gobert, still debating on bill Russell...I primarily play with my big man, shooting and small ball lineup so the gobert was more of an impulse set

That's cool. I am waiting until the time is up for me to do another exchange to get the hero item. I have all of the other needed 7/8 items, just have to wait 24 more hours. I have an 85 AD in that same slot so it will be a big upgrade at the position for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2017, 09:32 PM   #235
briancecilrn

Loving that all day today all the live events only require 1 stamina while the TOTW events are normally 3 per play and the campus heroes are normally 4 per play. Of course I wish I could have played more today but it's helped me get some gold guys (campus and TOTW) that I can put towards sets and/or sell

Old 04-01-2017, 09:58 PM   #236
mrmojorisin71

Quote:
Originally Posted by briancecilrn View Post
Loving that all day today all the live events only require 1 stamina while the TOTW events are normally 3 per play and the campus heroes are normally 4 per play. Of course I wish I could have played more today but it's helped me get some gold guys (campus and TOTW) that I can put towards sets and/or sell

Yes sir, pulled kanter which I already bought but I picked up bill Russell and gobert this week
Old 04-01-2017, 10:11 PM   #237
volblorx8634

I also love the 1 stamina for live events, but man I can't even play events fast enough it seems.

Got lucky and pulled TOTW Kanter from the TOTW live event reward, making it easy to get Gobert, which was awesome. Otherwise been spending my time making coins so I can afford the MM masters, which are literally crazy. It's absurd how much it costs to build these guys.
Old 04-02-2017, 02:15 PM   #238
mrmojorisin71

Pulled kanter again!!!!!

I have two 32 dunns, should I sell, trade in or hold?
Old 04-02-2017, 03:20 PM   #239
volblorx8634

Quote:
Pulled kanter again!!!!!

I have two 32 dunns, should I sell, trade in or hold?
Unless you're using them on MM sets, I would sell ASAP. The more you wait, the cheaper the Mobile Madness cards will get presumably.

Congrats on the Kanter pull!
Old 04-02-2017, 03:46 PM   #240
mrmojorisin71

Quote:
Originally Posted by volblorx8634 View Post
Unless you're using them on MM sets, I would sell ASAP. The more you wait, the cheaper the Mobile Madness cards will get presumably.

Congrats on the Kanter pull!
Yep sold, I now have 615k
Old 04-02-2017, 07:34 PM   #241
dasiegel

Yea I was thinking the same thing. As cool as it would be to have MM guys like Melo and Ewing and have the coin upgrade I also think you can have higher rated players by selling the 32s or even 16s. I have an Ingram 88 and he is good enough to be on my team but 88 is easily replaceable. It might be better to sell now and have a lot of coins.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:23 PM   #242
mrmojorisin71

Quote:
Yea I was thinking the same thing. As cool as it would be to have MM guys like Melo and Ewing and have the coin upgrade I also think you can have higher rated players by selling the 32s or even 16s. I have an Ingram 88 and he is good enough to be on my team but 88 is easily replaceable. It might be better to sell now and have a lot of coins.
Today has been crazy...now up to 675 in coins.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:46 AM   #243
volblorx8634

Quote:
This promo has been a gold mine honestly. So many cheap MM Elites to be had every so often, resell them for double the price and you make bank. Also sold my extra elites since they're usable in MM exchange sets. I feel you on the Ingram, I was able to get an Ingram and a Jimmer for cheap, but I couldn't resist the temptation to sell them on the spot and make hundreds of thousands in profit. I feel like I can get an 88 OVR for much less than the 400K Ingram is going for (700K at the time I sold him).

I just find it so crazy how much the MM elites have fluctuated in the last 24 hours. The round of 8 were at like 900K, then 1.7mil when final round was released, and now back down to 900K. Similar fluctuation with round of 16. 400K-->900K (very briefly)-->400K
Old 04-03-2017, 04:24 AM   #244
briancecilrn

The cost of the needed MM elites (round of 4, 8, 16) were just way too much, I ended up keeping a 90 McCollum and 89 Kaminsky. Tempting to sell them though. I stopped upgrading the Steph at 92, the Melo at 90 and the Ewing at 90, and I didn't even do the Leattner at all because the roster spot was already taken by 90 Dougy Mcbuckets.

A fun promo and definitely upgraded my team but man I hope future promos are cheaper lol. Pics incoming of my updated teams.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:31 AM   #245
briancecilrn

Old 04-03-2017, 09:38 AM   #246
volblorx8634

Quote:
Originally Posted by briancecilrn View Post
The cost of the needed MM elites (round of 4, 8, 16) were just way too much, I ended up keeping a 90 McCollum and 89 Kaminsky. Tempting to sell them though. I stopped upgrading the Steph at 92, the Melo at 90 and the Ewing at 90, and I didn't even do the Leattner at all because the roster spot was already taken by 90 Dougy Mcbuckets.

A fun promo and definitely upgraded my team but man I hope future promos are cheaper lol. Pics incoming of my updated teams.
I agree with you on all counts. The elites were way too expensive, I was alright with paying for one elite per round because you could get them for reasonable prices if you had enough patience to snipe them. And then snipe more and resell to make up your costs. Took Ewing to 94 and Curry to 92. But seeing what was needed for that final round was just ridiculous. I've been trying to get reasonably priced elites for the past two days. To take Ewing to 96, it'll take me 2.5-3 million. That's crazy, and I'm not sure that's worth it. Maybe it is since I've already invested a 2 million or so getting him to 94 and it may be worth it to be able to auction him later. What do you guys think? Should I finish either or both of them off?

Either way, through this promo I was able to upgrade my team as well while profiting, so I can't complain.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:26 AM   #247
dasiegel

Ok guys, what would you do:

I have the following guys:
McCollum 32 (on 2way team)- he's a 90 and very good
Simmons 64 (on 2way team)- easily replaceable
Shabazz Nappier 64 (big man)
Brandon Ingram 16 (big man)
Frank Kaminsky 16 (literally the first elite I pulled from a pack 40,000 just now)

What would you do? The highest player I can likely get is a 90. I don't think I get to a 92 and if I can it's a stretch. I like the idea of the 6 or 8% coin boost but is it worth giving up several players and the Legends aren't auctionable.

I have Westbrook 95 so the Curry does nothing. I have Nurkic 87 for shooting so Ewing 90 would help but Nurkic isn't auctionable.

The auctionable guys I have are 2 way Wiggins 89 CNY and small ball Love 88 CNY.

Is it better to get coins and build elsewhere or is it worth the coin boost and small upgrade? Would 90 vs 92 sway you? Or just get coins keep like 90 McCollum and move on?

Help is appreciated, thanks guys!

P.S. Ingram is very good but i just got Scalabrine 93 fan favorite and he's unreal, more on that after the promo.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:46 AM   #248
volblorx8634

Quote:
Ok guys, what would you do:

I have the following guys:
McCollum 32 (on 2way team)- he's a 90 and very good
Simmons 64 (on 2way team)- easily replaceable
Shabazz Nappier 64 (big man)
Brandon Ingram 16 (big man)
Frank Kaminsky 16 (literally the first elite I pulled from a pack 40,000 just now)

What would you do? The highest player I can likely get is a 90. I don't think I get to a 92 and if I can it's a stretch. I like the idea of the 6 or 8% coin boost but is it worth giving up several players and the Legends aren't auctionable.

I have Westbrook 95 so the Curry does nothing. I have Nurkic 87 for shooting so Ewing 90 would help but Nurkic isn't auctionable.

The auctionable guys I have are 2 way Wiggins 89 CNY and small ball Love 88 CNY.

Is it better to get coins and build elsewhere or is it worth the coin boost and small upgrade? Would 90 vs 92 sway you? Or just get coins keep like 90 McCollum and move on?

Help is appreciated, thanks guys!

P.S. Ingram is very good but i just got Scalabrine 93 fan favorite and he's unreal, more on that after the promo.
I wouldn't upgrade if I were you. you're giving up 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 OVR for a single unauctionable 90 OVR. I definitely regret doing that with Curry getting him to 92 because now I have 92 OVR that I invested a couple million into, is too expensive to get to 96, and I can't auction off.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:55 PM   #249
dasiegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by volblorx8634 View Post
I wouldn't upgrade if I were you. you're giving up 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 OVR for a single unauctionable 90 OVR. I definitely regret doing that with Curry getting him to 92 because now I have 92 OVR that I invested a couple million into, is too expensive to get to 96, and I can't auction off.
Yea I think I can get at least 600,000 in coins for the two 16s and I think that I can get another couple hundred in coins between the 64s, 32s and exchange for the 86 guys that aren't auctionable in the exchange. So I am leaning toward building in other ways.

I see they added a legend campus heroes which is cool. Hard to build up to but will get you a 95 player.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:41 AM   #250
briancecilrn

Quote:
Yea I think I can get at least 600,000 in coins for the two 16s and I think that I can get another couple hundred in coins between the 64s, 32s and exchange for the 86 guys that aren't auctionable in the exchange. So I am leaning toward building in other ways.

I see they added a legend campus heroes which is cool. Hard to build up to but will get you a 95 player.

I agree with the previous poster, I don't think it's worth giving up what you'd have to give up just to get a guy to 90 or 92. I kept McCollum also, he's solid. Not sure what you have as your big man center but compared to other guys that cost 300 k ish he is very solid. Up until the last couple promos it hasn't been too easy to get 89+ elites, it definitely seems to be getting easier because the supply is higher so you can always use the coins to go for legend campus heros, regular legends (which are stupid expensive now) and other 90+ elites. Let us know what you do.