Blowout Cards Forums
2018 bowman baseball

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 04-10-2018, 10:47 AM   #101
kingsjason55

IMO if Wentz comes back strong Colts will push to get Nick Foles since who is the head coach.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
kingsjason55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:55 AM   #102
jusdukky

If the Colts were looking to draft a QB in the 1st Round then I would be worried. If the Colts are truly thinking Luck will not play again at the level he once was at, don't you think they would be looking at QB's early. Who knows, maybe they are and just aren't letting it be known until the draft.
jusdukky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:46 AM   #103
sethc1020

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjason55 View Post
IMO if Wentz comes back strong Colts will push to get Nick Foles since who is the head coach.Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
I don't think so, Foles played well for sure but he is still Nick Foles. He didn't just become Tom Brady, he's more like Trent Dilfer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusdukky View Post
If the Colts were looking to draft a QB in the 1st Round then I would be worried. If the Colts are truly thinking Luck will not play again at the level he once was at, don't you think they would be looking at QB's early. Who knows, maybe they are and just aren't letting it be known until the draft.
I think if they were planning on going QB they probably would have stayed at #3.
sethc1020 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:50 AM   #104
kingsjason55

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethc1020 View Post
I don't think so, Foles played well for sure but he is still Nick Foles. He didn't just become Tom Brady, he's more like Trent Dilfer.

I think if they were planning on going QB they probably would have stayed at #3.
He played horrible under Fisher. Name me a player that did well under his program? Actually Foles had good numbers before leaving Eagles in early career.

kingsjason55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:59 PM   #105
starfox

Quote:
Im from Indiana and a huge Colts fan and I've been in a "Ill believe it when I see it" frame of mind since last year. It doesn't sound good at all, still not throwing, Colts front office is saying the exact same things they said last year to sell tickets. Even if he does make it back on the field whats the chances hes the same player he was before? I can't stand that Irsay and the Idiot GMs we've had would NEVER build an O-Line to protect out QBs! At least Manning had Glenn and Saturday but that was it and Manning took a beating also!
Ahhh. So somebody is admitting that a quarterback needs protection up front! I know this is a Luck thread, but there is a reason Wentz, Kenum, and even Bortles, got better last year. They had time in the pocket more than they didn't. And some of these guys on here think a quarterback can do it all. Not when he knows he's going to be hit.
Contrastly, look at Prescott and Carr. Excellent line play in 2016. Line play that wasn't as good for one reason or another in 2017. You may think I'm off topic or hogging this thread. I'm not. Luck is not ready because the Colts thought he could do it all with little help. It got him smashed. Like Derrick Rose, they should have shut him down well before they did. And don't tell me they didn't fully know the situation. Luck is a generational talent, and his his playing status for 2018 is known by no one, not even him. The situation, from taking too many hits, to playing with a shoulder worse than anyone thought, to having to be the constant hero, is more mismanagement by Colts' decision-makers. Keep qatching.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by starfox; 04-10-2018 at 01:03 PM.
starfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:04 PM   #106
starfox

Previous post edited.

Old 04-10-2018, 01:06 PM   #107
sethc1020

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfox View Post
Ahhh. So somebody is admitting that a quarterback needs protection up front! I know this is a Luck thread, but there is a reason Wentz, Kenum, and even Bortles, got better last year. They had time in the pocket more than they didn't. And some of these guys on here think a quarterback can do it all. Not when he knows he's going to be hit.
Contrastly, look at Prescott and Carr. Excellent line play in 2016. Line play that wasn't as good for one reason or another in 2017. You may think I'm off topic or hogging this thread. I'm not. Luck is not ready because the Colts thought he could do it all with little help. It got him smashed. Like Derrick Rose, they should have shut him down well before they did. And don't tell me they didn't fully know the situation. Luck is a generational talent, and his his playing status for 2018 is known by no one, not even him. The situation, from taking too many hits, to playing with a shoulder worse than anyone thought, to having to be the constant hero, is more mismanagement by Colts' decision-makers. Keep qatching.

Im with you 1000%! They last few healthy years for Luck I watched him say hike and immediately have to run for his life. He took a BEATING and im surprised he lasted as long as he did. I was SOOO mad the year they drafted Philip Dorsett in the first round. We should have been drafting nothing but O-Line and Defense the past 3 years.
sethc1020 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:07 PM   #108
gobullz1

So why is luck still even considered the next great thing and rg3 have to fight for a contract seeing he had better passer rating in his career until he got cut
Old 04-10-2018, 01:10 PM   #109
starfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjason55 View Post
He played horrible under Fisher. Name me a player that did well under his program? Actually Foles had good numbers before leaving Eagles in early career.

No matter what either of you, or anyone else in the world says, Dilfer and Foles are Super Bowl-winning quarterbacks. How many people can say that? Not many. Give me a Super Bowl win in a starting quarterback role over anything (except the money).

Old 04-10-2018, 01:13 PM   #110
starfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobullz1 View Post
So why is luck still even considered the next great thing and rg3 have to fight for a contract seeing he had better passer rating in his career until he got cut
Griffin III lost his confidence after a second ACL injury. As for Luck, he could be going down a similar road. 99% of people never thought Griffin III was better than Luck.

Old 04-10-2018, 01:15 PM   #111
Siberian13
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Because RG3 is suuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkkkksssss!
Siberian13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:16 PM   #112
starfox

Quote:
Im with you 1000%! They last few healthy years for Luck I watched him say hike and immediately have to run for his life. He took a BEATING and im surprised he lasted as long as he did. I was SOOO mad the year they drafted Philip Dorsett in the first round. We should have been drafting nothing but O-Line and Defense the past 3 years.
It was a joke that the Colts drafted Dorsett in 2015, rather than addressing the offensive line and defense early. Dorsett was graded too highly, and played the wrong position, considering the Colts' glaring needs.

Old 04-10-2018, 01:17 PM   #113
jasonm2121

I really thought that Luck would be the face of the league for 10+ years and win 2-3 SBs when he came into the league. What is the actual shoulder injury he even has? Been so long that I forget what happened. Seems like such a long time for this process, is this the first time it has happened to a QB?
jasonm2121 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:22 PM   #114
starfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonm2121 View Post
I really thought that Luck would be the face of the league for 10+ years and win 2-3 SBs when he came into the league. What is the actual shoulder injury he even has? Been so long that I forget what happened. Seems like such a long time for this process, is this the first time it has happened to a QB?
Good questions.

Old 04-10-2018, 01:25 PM   #115
jasonm2121

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfox View Post
Good questions.

Seriously, how can it be this bad and long of a process to recover. Tommy John surgery is pretty bad in baseball and is not this much of a mess. Not a Colts fan in any way, shape or form, but feel bad for the guy.
jasonm2121 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:29 PM   #116
gobullz1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian13 View Post
Because RG3 is suuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkkkksssss!
Career passer rating says so does luck
Old 04-10-2018, 01:36 PM   #117
pejc300

Quote:
This. I remember when Dilfer threw for 27 TD's and 2 INT's in a season and also when he threw for 400 yards and 3 TD's (and caught another) in his SB win. Also I think Dilfer threw for 350 yards and 3 TD's in the NFC championship game with a passer rating of 141.4 (highest ever for a championship game).

Foles and Dilfer are pretty much identical.
pejc300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:36 PM   #118
Siberian13
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Career passer rating says so does luck
They both suck if they can’t get healthy. But what has RG3 done other than his 1st year?
Old 04-10-2018, 01:41 PM   #119
gobullz1

Quote:
They both suck if they can’t get healthy. But what has RG3 done other than his 1st year?
Put up more yards per game than luck in their second year ...im sorry what has luck done..i must of missed the super bowl ring
Old 04-10-2018, 01:50 PM   #120
Whodatiz

Why are you forcefully injecting RG3 into this discussion? Is he paying you money to spread word or something? Last I checked, this was a thread about the status of Andrew Luck, not about RG3.

Quote:
Put up more yards per game than luck in their second year ...im sorry what has luck done..i must of missed the super bowl ring
Old 04-10-2018, 01:53 PM   #121
Siberian13
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
You are very defensive of RG3. I wonder why?
Old 04-10-2018, 02:11 PM   #122
starfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonm2121 View Post
Seriously, how can it be this bad and long of a process to recover. Tommy John surgery is pretty bad in baseball and is not this much of a mess. Not a Colts fan in any way, shape or form, but feel bad for the guy.
Yes. I think there was a problem with the shoulder from 2015, then it was made worse in 2016. Can anyone elaborate on me being right or wrong on this?

Old 04-10-2018, 02:33 PM   #123
gobullz1

Quote:
Because he is widely considered a bust and luck is considered the next Peyton Manning still .. I wonder why

He shouldn’t have to fight for a contract and luck be praised for doing what amounts to squat ..just was looking for insight
Old 04-10-2018, 02:42 PM   #124
Siberian13
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Because he is widely considered a bust and luck is considered the next Peyton Manning still .. I wonder why

He shouldn’t have to fight for a contract and luck be praised for doing what amounts to squat ..just was looking for insight
I don’t think people still consider Luck the next Peyton at this point. Doesn’t look like we are praising Luck either. No need to be confused. RG3 does need to fight for a contract since he didn’t have one and not many believed in his skills anymore. Why do you think he got the 1 year deal with the ravens that he did?
Old 04-10-2018, 02:43 PM   #125
TheFrenzy

Quote:
Quote:

I think what everyone is trying to say is that, regardless of whether it is true or not, people appear to extend the benefit of the doubt more readily to "intelligent, prototypical" quarterbacks than to "athletic, dual-threat" quarterbacks.