Blowout Cards Forums
2018 bowman baseball

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2018, 10:47 AM   #101
kingsjason55
Member
 
kingsjason55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 393
Default

IMO if Wentz comes back strong Colts will push to get Nick Foles since who is the head coach.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
kingsjason55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:55 AM   #102
jusdukky
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,721
Default

If the Colts were looking to draft a QB in the 1st Round then I would be worried. If the Colts are truly thinking Luck will not play again at the level he once was at, don't you think they would be looking at QB's early. Who knows, maybe they are and just aren't letting it be known until the draft.
jusdukky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:46 AM   #103
sethc1020
Member
 
sethc1020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Indiana
Posts: 696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjason55 View Post
IMO if Wentz comes back strong Colts will push to get Nick Foles since who is the head coach.Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
I don't think so, Foles played well for sure but he is still Nick Foles. He didn't just become Tom Brady, he's more like Trent Dilfer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusdukky View Post
If the Colts were looking to draft a QB in the 1st Round then I would be worried. If the Colts are truly thinking Luck will not play again at the level he once was at, don't you think they would be looking at QB's early. Who knows, maybe they are and just aren't letting it be known until the draft.
I think if they were planning on going QB they probably would have stayed at #3.
sethc1020 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:50 AM   #104
kingsjason55
Member
 
kingsjason55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethc1020 View Post
I don't think so, Foles played well for sure but he is still Nick Foles. He didn't just become Tom Brady, he's more like Trent Dilfer.



I think if they were planning on going QB they probably would have stayed at #3.
He played horrible under Fisher. Name me a player that did well under his program? Actually Foles had good numbers before leaving Eagles in early career.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
kingsjason55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:59 PM   #105
starfox
Member
 
starfox's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethc1020 View Post
Im from Indiana and a huge Colts fan and I've been in a "Ill believe it when I see it" frame of mind since last year. It doesn't sound good at all, still not throwing, Colts front office is saying the exact same things they said last year to sell tickets. Even if he does make it back on the field whats the chances hes the same player he was before? I can't stand that Irsay and the Idiot GMs we've had would NEVER build an O-Line to protect out QBs! At least Manning had Glenn and Saturday but that was it and Manning took a beating also!
Ahhh. So somebody is admitting that a quarterback needs protection up front! I know this is a Luck thread, but there is a reason Wentz, Kenum, and even Bortles, got better last year. They had time in the pocket more than they didn't. And some of these guys on here think a quarterback can do it all. Not when he knows he's going to be hit.
Contrastly, look at Prescott and Carr. Excellent line play in 2016. Line play that wasn't as good for one reason or another in 2017. You may think I'm off topic or hogging this thread. I'm not. Luck is not ready because the Colts thought he could do it all with little help. It got him smashed. Like Derrick Rose, they should have shut him down well before they did. And don't tell me they didn't fully know the situation. Luck is a generational talent, and his his playing status for 2018 is known by no one, not even him. The situation, from taking too many hits, to playing with a shoulder worse than anyone thought, to having to be the constant hero, is more mismanagement by Colts' decision-makers. Keep qatching.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by starfox; 04-10-2018 at 01:03 PM.
starfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:04 PM   #106
starfox
Member
 
starfox's Avatar
Default

Previous post edited.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
starfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:06 PM   #107
sethc1020
Member
 
sethc1020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Indiana
Posts: 696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfox View Post
Ahhh. So somebody is admitting that a quarterback needs protection up front! I know this is a Luck thread, but there is a reason Wentz, Kenum, and even Bortles, got better last year. They had time in the pocket more than they didn't. And some of these guys on here think a quarterback can do it all. Not when he knows he's going to be hit.
Contrastly, look at Prescott and Carr. Excellent line play in 2016. Line play that wasn't as good for one reason or another in 2017. You may think I'm off topic or hogging this thread. I'm not. Luck is not ready because the Colts thought he could do it all with little help. It got him smashed. Like Derrick Rose, they should have shut him down well before they did. And don't tell me they didn't fully know the situation. Luck is a generational talent, and his his playing status for 2018 is known by no one, not even him. The situation, from taking too many hits, to playing with a shoulder worse than anyone thought, to having to be the constant hero, is more mismanagement by Colts' decision-makers. Keep qatching.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Im with you 1000%! They last few healthy years for Luck I watched him say hike and immediately have to run for his life. He took a BEATING and im surprised he lasted as long as he did. I was SOOO mad the year they drafted Philip Dorsett in the first round. We should have been drafting nothing but O-Line and Defense the past 3 years.
sethc1020 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:07 PM   #108
gobullz1
Member
 
gobullz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,095
Default

So why is luck still even considered the next great thing and rg3 have to fight for a contract seeing he had better passer rating in his career until he got cut
__________________
http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa412/gorockets12121/
gobullz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:10 PM   #109
starfox
Member
 
starfox's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjason55 View Post
He played horrible under Fisher. Name me a player that did well under his program? Actually Foles had good numbers before leaving Eagles in early career.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
No matter what either of you, or anyone else in the world says, Dilfer and Foles are Super Bowl-winning quarterbacks. How many people can say that? Not many. Give me a Super Bowl win in a starting quarterback role over anything (except the money).

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
starfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:13 PM   #110
starfox
Member
 
starfox's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobullz1 View Post
So why is luck still even considered the next great thing and rg3 have to fight for a contract seeing he had better passer rating in his career until he got cut
Griffin III lost his confidence after a second ACL injury. As for Luck, he could be going down a similar road. 99% of people never thought Griffin III was better than Luck.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
starfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:15 PM   #111
Siberian13
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 14,494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobullz1 View Post
So why is luck still even considered the next great thing and rg3 have to fight for a contract seeing he had better passer rating in his career until he got cut
Because RG3 is suuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkkkksssss!
Siberian13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:16 PM   #112
starfox
Member
 
starfox's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethc1020 View Post
Im with you 1000%! They last few healthy years for Luck I watched him say hike and immediately have to run for his life. He took a BEATING and im surprised he lasted as long as he did. I was SOOO mad the year they drafted Philip Dorsett in the first round. We should have been drafting nothing but O-Line and Defense the past 3 years.
It was a joke that the Colts drafted Dorsett in 2015, rather than addressing the offensive line and defense early. Dorsett was graded too highly, and played the wrong position, considering the Colts' glaring needs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
starfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:17 PM   #113
jasonm2121
Member
 
jasonm2121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: GOAT City
Posts: 7,110
Default

I really thought that Luck would be the face of the league for 10+ years and win 2-3 SBs when he came into the league. What is the actual shoulder injury he even has? Been so long that I forget what happened. Seems like such a long time for this process, is this the first time it has happened to a QB?
jasonm2121 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:22 PM   #114
starfox
Member
 
starfox's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonm2121 View Post
I really thought that Luck would be the face of the league for 10+ years and win 2-3 SBs when he came into the league. What is the actual shoulder injury he even has? Been so long that I forget what happened. Seems like such a long time for this process, is this the first time it has happened to a QB?
Good questions.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
starfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:25 PM   #115
jasonm2121
Member
 
jasonm2121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: GOAT City
Posts: 7,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfox View Post
Good questions.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Seriously, how can it be this bad and long of a process to recover. Tommy John surgery is pretty bad in baseball and is not this much of a mess. Not a Colts fan in any way, shape or form, but feel bad for the guy.
jasonm2121 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:29 PM   #116
gobullz1
Member
 
gobullz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,095
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian13 View Post
Because RG3 is suuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkkkksssss!
Career passer rating says so does luck
__________________
http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa412/gorockets12121/
gobullz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:36 PM   #117
pejc300
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethc1020 View Post
I don't think so, Foles played well for sure but he is still Nick Foles. He didn't just become Tom Brady, he's more like Trent Dilfer.
This. I remember when Dilfer threw for 27 TD's and 2 INT's in a season and also when he threw for 400 yards and 3 TD's (and caught another) in his SB win. Also I think Dilfer threw for 350 yards and 3 TD's in the NFC championship game with a passer rating of 141.4 (highest ever for a championship game).

Foles and Dilfer are pretty much identical.
pejc300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:36 PM   #118
Siberian13
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 14,494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobullz1 View Post
Career passer rating says so does luck
They both suck if they can’t get healthy. But what has RG3 done other than his 1st year?
Siberian13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:41 PM   #119
gobullz1
Member
 
gobullz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,095
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian13 View Post
They both suck if they can’t get healthy. But what has RG3 done other than his 1st year?
Put up more yards per game than luck in their second year ...im sorry what has luck done..i must of missed the super bowl ring
__________________
http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa412/gorockets12121/
gobullz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:50 PM   #120
Whodatiz
Member
 
Whodatiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 3,139
Default

Why are you forcefully injecting RG3 into this discussion? Is he paying you money to spread word or something? Last I checked, this was a thread about the status of Andrew Luck, not about RG3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobullz1 View Post
Put up more yards per game than luck in their second year ...im sorry what has luck done..i must of missed the super bowl ring
__________________
http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r77/bucnastdizzl/
Whodatiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:53 PM   #121
Siberian13
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 14,494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobullz1 View Post
Put up more yards per game than luck in their second year ...im sorry what has luck done..i must of missed the super bowl ring
You are very defensive of RG3. I wonder why?
Siberian13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 02:11 PM   #122
starfox
Member
 
starfox's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonm2121 View Post
Seriously, how can it be this bad and long of a process to recover. Tommy John surgery is pretty bad in baseball and is not this much of a mess. Not a Colts fan in any way, shape or form, but feel bad for the guy.
Yes. I think there was a problem with the shoulder from 2015, then it was made worse in 2016. Can anyone elaborate on me being right or wrong on this?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
starfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 02:33 PM   #123
gobullz1
Member
 
gobullz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,095
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian13 View Post
You are very defensive of RG3. I wonder why?
Because he is widely considered a bust and luck is considered the next Peyton Manning still .. I wonder why

He shouldn’t have to fight for a contract and luck be praised for doing what amounts to squat ..just was looking for insight
__________________
http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa412/gorockets12121/
gobullz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 02:42 PM   #124
Siberian13
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 14,494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobullz1 View Post
Because he is widely considered a bust and luck is considered the next Peyton Manning still .. I wonder why

He shouldn’t have to fight for a contract and luck be praised for doing what amounts to squat ..just was looking for insight
I don’t think people still consider Luck the next Peyton at this point. Doesn’t look like we are praising Luck either. No need to be confused. RG3 does need to fight for a contract since he didn’t have one and not many believed in his skills anymore. Why do you think he got the 1 year deal with the ravens that he did?
Siberian13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 02:43 PM   #125
TheFrenzy
Member
 
TheFrenzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Texan in AZ
Posts: 10,681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian13 View Post
You are very defensive of RG3. I wonder why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobullz1 View Post
Because he is widely considered a bust and luck is considered the next Peyton Manning still .. I wonder why

He shouldn’t have to fight for a contract and luck be praised for doing what amounts to squat ..just was looking for insight
I think what everyone is trying to say is that, regardless of whether it is true or not, people appear to extend the benefit of the doubt more readily to "intelligent, prototypical" quarterbacks than to "athletic, dual-threat" quarterbacks.

__________________
Looking to buy: JOE NAMATH 2005 Topps Chrome Golden Anniversary "Golden Greats" refractor /100
Also looking for a Dirk Nowitzki 1999 Topps Chrome refractor and a few remaining Terrance Williams 1/1s.
TheFrenzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.