Blowout Cards Forums
Breakers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 09-20-2014, 06:20 PM   #1
rip+flip
Banned

Default Scored an verizon iphone 6 plus today

The question is do i keep it or sell it on monday for probably 1500 dollars or more it is a 64gb verizon iphone plus gold color. The gold and verizon=premium.
rip+flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 06:22 PM   #2
CAS239

...no brainier. Sell it if you can for that much then if you want the phone just buy it for a lot cheaper from the store
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 06:23 PM   #3
rip+flip
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
...no brainier. Sell it if you can for that much then if you want the phone just buy it for a lot cheaper from the store
but won't be able to buy another one easily at regular retail price for about a month so its kind of a hard decision honestly

the enjoyment of having the phone a month or so before most people..is it worth 500+ dollars of profit lol thats the question
Old 09-20-2014, 06:25 PM   #4
benshobbies
Inactive Account

Ebay is having a guaranteed phone sale right now...might be worth it. If you need to...buy a samsung.
benshobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 06:26 PM   #5
rip+flip
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by benshobbies View Post
Ebay is having a guaranteed phone sale right now...might be worth it. If you need to...buy a samsung.
i could just keep using my iphone 5 its in perfect condition ive kept it in a defender otterbox since day one...but there is something very satisfying of having the newest thing that everybody wants and can't necessarily have right now aka iphone PLUS

everytime i brought it in a store or showed it in public people were like oh is that the plus can i see it, your so lucky, where/how did you get one, etc. in my opinion the attention is worth 500 dollars haha

how high do you all think the pluses will get up to on ebay in the next few days ? the one i have is already selling for around 1300 i wonder how much higher they will go

Last edited by rip+flip; 09-20-2014 at 06:29 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:34 PM   #6
armyatc22

You still have the 5 too???

You would be completely stupid not to sell now and use a small amount of that to order another and get it in a month. Update to the new iOS and guess what you pretty much have the iphone6
Old 09-20-2014, 06:35 PM   #7
rip+flip
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
You still have the 5 too???

You would be completely stupid not to sell now and use a small amount of that to order another and get it in a month. Update to the new iOS and guess what you pretty much have the iphone6
ill see how high they are selling for in a few days and make my decision right now i would only make about 200 dollars profit which isn't really worth it to me

i would like to know how some people on ebay have like 10 pluses for sale tho
Old 09-20-2014, 06:40 PM   #8
armyatc22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip+flip View Post
ill see how high they are selling for in a few days and make my decision right now i would only make about 200 dollars profit which isn't really worth it to me

i would like to know how some people on ebay have like 10 pluses for sale tho
They either work for Apple/Verizon/aTT/Sprint/Obama/T-Mobile/etc
Old 09-20-2014, 06:41 PM   #9
rip+flip
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
They either work for Apple/Verizon/aTT/Sprint/Obama/T-Mobile/etc
lol obama nice

i did notice a few of the apple employee had pluses as their personal phones i was told and have read they aren't allowed to buy them yet... idk oh well

oh btw is that not awesome that the regular iphone 5 in good condition is STILL selling for about 275-300 on ebay ? for the 16 gb.. pretty cool so really you get the new model for like 40-50 percent off each year lol if you pay full price and get new one each time. the 5s is selling for like 400+

Last edited by rip+flip; 09-20-2014 at 06:46 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 07:14 PM   #10
iBLeeDBaTTLeReD

Is an horse a athlete?
Old 09-20-2014, 07:19 PM   #11
37Jetson

Quote:
is it worth 500+ dollars of profit lol thats the question
I would hold out for at least a $1,000 profit in 3 days.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:02 PM   #12
CAS239

Quote:
but won't be able to buy another one easily at regular retail price for about a month so its kind of a hard decision honestly

the enjoyment of having the phone a month or so before most people..is it worth 500+ dollars of profit lol thats the question
I went in the Apple store today to look at them and they were still stocked. And with a little over 4 million preorders, I wouldn't say it's having it before most people.

If you can sell it for that much and people are morons to spend that much and get ripped off, then I'd definitely do it lol
Old 09-20-2014, 08:17 PM   #13
xbignick

Are you one of those people who waited in line and smelled like a garbage can for 2 days so they could be hip, having it before others, and to be seen in the line?

Honestly though, as someone who doesn't own an Iphone, what's the technical difference between the ones sold at Apple versus the ones sold at Walmart/Best buy besides carrier issues?

Last edited by xbignick; 09-20-2014 at 08:19 PM.
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 08:59 PM   #14
CAS239

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Are you one of those people who waited in line and smelled like a garbage can for 2 days so they could be hip, having it before others, and to be seen in the line?

Honestly though, as someone who doesn't own an Iphone, what's the technical difference between the ones sold at Apple versus the ones sold at Walmart/Best buy besides carrier issues?
Nothing is different between an iPhone sold at Apple vs another retail store.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:53 PM   #15
btimm

It kinda blows my mind that you are weighing essentially paying $500 to use the iPhone6 for the next month.
btimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:10 PM   #16
freethrowtommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimm View Post
It kinda blows my mind that you are weighing essentially paying $500 to use the iPhone6 for the next month.
I was thinking the exact same thing.

The only reason you want to keep the iPhone 6 right now is vanity. Take the money and run. In one month, get the phone back at regular price.

2 months from now, nobody will remember (or care) that you had an iPhone before everyone else.
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 11:39 PM   #17
Ephland

Quote:

did you pay $1000 for it?
Old 09-21-2014, 04:30 AM   #18
rip+flip
Banned

Just to clarify the regular iphone 6 is easy to find however good luck finding the PLUS right now. Also yes I paid full retail for it luckily so no contract tied with it.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:31 AM   #19
rip+flip
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
I went in the Apple store today to look at them and they were still stocked. And with a little over 4 million preorders, I wouldn't say it's having it before most people.

If you can sell it for that much and people are morons to spend that much and get ripped off, then I'd definitely do it lol
doubt there were pluses but I guess I kinda have to believe you lol

btw looks like the phone i have has creeped up to 1400 now in one day..

Last edited by rip+flip; 09-21-2014 at 04:35 AM.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:37 AM   #20
CAS239

1400.. People are morons. Places sell out, but restocks are coming lol. Never understood why some people are willing to throw hundreds of dollars away just to have the newest item right this second instead of waiting a short period of time for more to be stocked

I would sell for a profit.. Then take the earnings and go buy whichever iPhone you want in a couple weeks or whenever your local place restocks and get it with a contract
Old 09-21-2014, 02:41 PM   #21
Dr kicker

Quote:
i could just keep using my iphone 5 its in perfect condition ive kept it in a defender otterbox since day one...but there is something very satisfying of having the newest thing that everybody wants and can't necessarily have right now aka iphone PLUS

everytime i brought it in a store or showed it in public people were like oh is that the plus can i see it, your so lucky, where/how did you get one, etc. in my opinion the attention is worth 500 dollars haha

how high do you all think the pluses will get up to on ebay in the next few days ? the one i have is already selling for around 1300 i wonder how much higher they will go
Keep it then if your such an attention whore.

Im happy with my old flip.I go to my gf parents house, here brother and step brother and sis are always on there stupid phone.Cant have a discussion anymore everybody is obsses by these darn things.You get run into in the grocerys because the guy is starring at is dam intelligent phone.And i aint talking about the asses texting while driving.A teen killed herself in Montreal she walked in the metro and fell between between two wagons because she was starring at that thing.You see kids biking and doing longboard starring at these things.Did i mention i hate inteligent phones and there user that cant get away from them more then two minutes.
Dr kicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:10 PM   #22
IronMonkey415

I'll just stick with my 5c (white).

🙈 - 🙉 - 🙊
Bound by blood. Divided by fate. Driven by destiny
IronMonkey415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:10 PM   #23
IronMonkey415

<put on shades> DEAL WITH IT!!!!!

Is that still a thing? The DEAL WITH IT fad/meme that use to sweep this nation.

🙈 - 🙉 - 🙊
Bound by blood. Divided by fate. Driven by destiny
IronMonkey415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:17 PM   #24
MI Rob
Banned

Sell it and get some friends if you really need the attention.
MI Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:01 PM   #25
benshobbies
Inactive Account

I think the op really needed attention. Gratz on the score of the iphone 6.

Hope you have fun with it. Great pickup, at a good price......I guess.
benshobbies is offline   Reply With Quote