Blowout Cards Forums
May Flowers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:38 PM   #1
Lionsman81

Default Furious 7 Thread

Who is going to see Furious 7 this weekend? Anyone excited to see it. Post your opinions/reviews in this thread. But I preach please, Be respectful of those who haven't seen the movie and do not reveal key plot points in this thread until the movie has been out a while. I'm excited to see how they pay tribute to Paul Walker.
Lionsman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:43 PM   #2
TarjetasBéisbol

Sad that Paul Walker died but it was pretty cool how his brothers stepped in to finish the movie. I am not a fan, especially since it is the 7th installment and I think it has been way over-done.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:49 PM   #3
Brobocop

The Cinemark in my area just got in those D-Box theater seats so I'm going this weekend to see the movie and gonna try to see it in the D-Box theater. I'm so hyped for this movie.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:51 PM   #4
Anderdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarjetasBéisbol View Post
Sad that Paul Walker died but it was pretty cool how his brothers stepped in to finish the movie. I am not a fan, especially since it is the 7th installment and I think it has been way over-done.
How dare you
Old 04-02-2015, 06:59 PM   #5
Saban1

I am going Saturday with my fiance to watch it.
Saban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:27 PM   #6
lagalaxyfan23
Inactive Account

Love the Furious movies. For some reason, I really like watching Ludacris and Vin Diesel in these movies...perhaps it's their unique voices but I'm not sure haha
lagalaxyfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 01:22 AM   #7
rice71

Just got done watching Fast 7. To me the best of them all. My friends and I like watching all the movies the Rock , Vin Diesel and Tyrese one liners.
rice71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 11:12 AM   #8
jmarascojr

I bought my tickets yesterday for a early Saturday viewing...

Love being able to purchase exact seats ahead of time, we'll be dead center...

As for the movie itself, Paul Walker's death aside, I honestly wish that they had stopped after the last one.

The coming home aspect of the movie, the original house, the BBQ in the backyard, it just felt "right" and that all loose ends had been tied up correctly...

Then they did that "after the credits" cut scene and it was like FUGGGGGGG....
Then Paul Walker died...

I'm hearing good things about the movie, but it won't be the same...
jmarascojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 11:32 AM   #9
fullmetal
Banned

I saw the first one. Still surprised more than one was made. The first was entertaining, but not worth a rehash. I'm likely older than the film's targeted demographic.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 11:33 AM   #10
jlzinck

I must say...I saw the 1st 2. Then overkill set in.
I saw the last half of 6 when I was sick last week.
I am a huge Statham fan so that it the only reason I will even think about watching 7 when it gets to cable.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:39 AM   #11
Tones

My uncle and I saw the first one when it was out in theaters and have gone to all of them with him since, became a tradition... Paul Walker's death was really one of the few celebrity deaths that I felt, after the rewrite to retire his character think it is going to be a great movie, can't wait to go see it tomorrow!
FT/FS Album: https://ibb.co/album/mSEtwF
Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:22 AM   #12
CollectorMan

Saw this last night. Very action packed, and solid. Nice little tribute at the end for PW. I could only tell it wasn't him once. Probably a better film on the big screen, but worthy of a rental if you're a fan of the series.

Minor Spoiler below

My one critique would be the Tokyo scene, where the main character from that film "Sean" who makes small cameo and talks to Dom clearly aged 10 years in 10 seconds as they mashed two scenes together from both films. Still cool though. He will probably be a big part of the franchise if it continues.
CollectorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:42 AM   #13
Gibberish

Who is going to see Furious 7 this weekend? ...........

Anyone excited to see it. Not I

Post your opinions/reviews in this thread. 2 good, 5 bad...it's like watching Weekend at Bernies 3,4,5,6.....

But I preach please, Be respectful of those who haven't seen the movie and do not reveal key plot points in this thread until the movie has been out a while. I am going out on a limb here and saying...it's the same plot as the previous 6. Drive fast, steal something, drive erratic, rescue someone, bad guy dies, camaraderie scene, hug girl /scene...I mean, I could be going out on a limb here..

I'm excited to see how they pay tribute to Paul Walker I would say cancelling the movie would have been the best option. Then again, mo money, mo money, mo money
Old 04-04-2015, 09:52 AM   #14
monkeymcgee

I'm not a fan of the franchise--I saw the first 2 and didn't need to see any more. But it had been a crap day after a crap week and my wife and I felt like watching something loud, ridiculous, and fun after a few drinks.

I went in with very low expectations, but enjoyed it. When I saw his name in the opening credits, I was hoping Kurt Russell would bring a little more Stuntman Mike to the movie but that's a small complaint. I thought the tribute to Walker was well done--there was a lot of sniffling around the theater at the end.

Active projects: 83-96 Braves | Nationals | Living PSA 10
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 04:46 PM   #15
Chuck Bartowski

Yeah...that was pretty obvious...of course they kinda wrote themselves into that corner with how they mess around with the time line.

The tribute to PW at the end was a little much...you could tell they were all hurting though which shows how much of a family they seemed to be in real life...must have been hard to film it.
Chuck Bartowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 04:54 PM   #16
armyatc22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollectorMan View Post
Saw this last night. Very action packed, and solid. Nice little tribute at the end for PW. I could only tell it wasn't him once. Probably a better film on the big screen, but worthy of a rental if you're a fan of the series.

Minor Spoiler below

My one critique would be the Tokyo scene, where the main character from that film "Sean" who makes small cameo and talks to Dom clearly aged 10 years in 10 seconds as they mashed two scenes together from both films. Still cool though. He will probably be a big part of the franchise if it continues.

He has already signed on for 2 more
Old 04-04-2015, 06:16 PM   #17
Lionsman81

Entertaining movie. This movie doesn't try to be something it isn't. It is a big, funny, stupid, popcorn movie. Nothing more nothing less. And it succeeds for what it is, delivering a good 2 hour movie that leaves you satisfied. Fast Five began the Push-the-envelope style of these movies and it remains the best of the franchise in my opinion. The sixth was unbelievably ridiculous and just when you thought it couldn't get more crazy, The seventh one came along. This movie doesn't make any attempt to subscribe to any logic and gives the middle finger to physics and science. It threw any thoughts of being realistic out the window.

It was an entertaining film but far from the best. The plot zigged and zagged everywhere but I believe a lot of that was trying to adjust the movie with Walker's death. I believe Kurt Russel's character was completely pointless and added nothing to the movie. The hacker girl was just there to be there (I feel like her part was a forced part of the plot). In the end, it's the craziest, most over the top. dumbest one yet. But it's some serious fun. I'd call it the 4th best one made.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:42 PM   #18
Brobocop

I loved it and have now have some serious conflicting feelings on whether or not the franchise should continue. I loved the dedication at the end and felt like it was not only a perfect send off for Paul Walker but for the series as a whole. I just don't know if it would be the same without Paul being in it.

I think they did a great job working around Paul's death and dedicating the movie to him I think was the right thing to do. If he could speak, I'd like to believe that he would have wanted them to finish the movie and release it. I'm glad they involved his family with the movie and I hope that his family can look back at those final moments in the movie knowing that Paul had a really positive impact on the fans of the franchise.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 07:07 PM   #19
Lionsman81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I loved it and have now have some serious conflicting feelings on whether or not the franchise should continue. I loved the dedication at the end and felt like it was not only a perfect send off for Paul Walker but for the series as a whole. I just don't know if it would be the same without Paul being in it.

I think they did a great job working around Paul's death and dedicating the movie to him I think was the right thing to do. If he could speak, I'd like to believe that he would have wanted them to finish the movie and release it. I'm glad they involved his family with the movie and I hope that his family can look back at those final moments in the movie knowing that Paul had a really positive impact on the fans of the franchise.
I'm begging them! They've had THREE perfect ending moments now and they've made sequels. The Walker tribute scene choked me up a little. Not because I am going to miss Brian O'Connor's character but more because it was a wonderful tribute to Paul Walker.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:24 PM   #20
CollectorMan

I kind of agree that it should probably stop. They won't though as this movie is over 150 million already. I've never taken them too seriously, but they are always fun.

Interesting to hear about the "Sean" character. Probably setting him up to fill PW's role in the crew. Guess they could revisit the Shaw brothers again or maybe Conner Varone, though that was Brian's story. #6 had the perfect ending IMO. #7 just blew that up...literally.
CollectorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:37 PM   #21
Jackg1980

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Lots of action but every part of the movie was ridiculous. They did the impossible 35 times. So much it became ridiculous.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:35 AM   #22
Saban1

I saw it tonight. I thought it was a great movie. It has a ton of action. I agree, it was all impossible.
Saban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:23 AM   #23
Lionsman81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
Lots of action but every part of the movie was ridiculous. They did the impossible 35 times. So much it became ridiculous.
Exactly. Its possible to have too much of a good thing, when all of the action sequences are in this crazy, ridiculous style the "Wow" factor wears off IMO.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:32 AM   #24
ernieren

It was a very well made movie some stuff i just didn't get but i enjoyed it and the PW tribute was very good. I don't think they could make another one at all. But could do something different with the Rock and Statham.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:36 AM   #25
xxmudgexx

I enjoyed the film ... I like the way they ended the film with a tribute to Paul ....I hope this is the last one tho ....doesn't seem right without Paul....unless they re-launch it with new characters bc I do enjoy seeing them every summer