Blowout Cards Forums
2018 Bargain

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Old 02-11-2019, 05:04 PM   #1
puremick

Default Anyone have any experience with this eBay ID?

logasnyde-4 is the user id. Bought a card from me in early January and then a couple of weeks ago, I log into paypal and see my account is negative. Turns out this user, who went on a big buying spree of cards in January, claimed all of the transactions were "unauthorized" and got his Credit Card issuer to back him. I have had some correspondence with the user and it was vague replies at best. So I get an email from paypal that;
We received notice from the buyer's financial institution that Case ID PP-D-XXXXXXXX has been decided in the buyer's favor.

So all the buyer had to do was claim them "unauthorized", get his bank to back him, and keep the cards for nothing? This is what it appears based on the replies and paypal reviews/decision. Crazy and a heads up!
Old 02-11-2019, 05:05 PM   #2
Ray27Ray52

Did you upload tracking information to the case showing that the package was delivered? Call Ebay? Anything?
Old 02-11-2019, 05:13 PM   #3
puremick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
Did you upload tracking information to the case showing that the package was delivered? Call Ebay? Anything?
Yep. Contacted paypal more than once, they have the delivery information considering it was printed through paypal but they say the bank sides with him. I am moving on from the situation and this was more of a heads up for power sellers that are members here.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:28 PM   #4
cardmole

Scary story-sorry OP.
Blocked +1
Can't believe you have no recourse. Not even through EBay?
cardmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:34 PM   #5
puremick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardmole View Post
Scary story-sorry OP.
Blocked +1
Can't believe you have no recourse. Not even through EBay?
The Bay won't do anything regarding payment so paypal is the deciding factor and they went with the bank. Fortunately, it was a mid-end card and not extremely high end so I am moving on without going nuts trying to crack the case. Just more of a heads up
Old 02-11-2019, 05:46 PM   #6
purejd86p

Crazy you have delivery confirmation and months later paypal out of the blue just takes your money from you without any kind of warning. Just think if this was a $5,000 card!
Sorry that happened op.
purejd86p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:56 PM   #7
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by puremick View Post
logasnyde-4 is the user id. Bought a card from me in early January and then a couple of weeks ago, I log into paypal and see my account is negative. Turns out this user, who went on a big buying spree of cards in January, claimed all of the transactions were "unauthorized" and got his Credit Card issuer to back him. I have had some correspondence with the user and it was vague replies at best. So I get an email from paypal that;
We received notice from the buyer's financial institution that Case ID PP-D-XXXXXXXX has been decided in the buyer's favor.

So all the buyer had to do was claim them "unauthorized", get his bank to back him, and keep the cards for nothing? This is what it appears based on the replies and paypal reviews/decision. Crazy and a heads up!
In an unauthorized use claim all the seller has to do it prove the item shipped it does not even have to show delivered for the seller to win. I have had many of these over the years and have never lost one. Did you not respond to the complaint? If you only called then that is not a correct response you have to use the online form.

Or was the transaction made not eligible due to you changing the address and shipping it to a different one than the buyer provided. Like if the buyer messages you and says he forgot to add his apartment number if you edit that into the address you void any protection.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/u...ler-protection
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:17 AM   #8
griffan15

Have a similar experience right now with this guy:

David Kirby - rkirby915

Purchases a few cards totaling $287.00 on January 1 and he opened an Unauthorized transaction case on Paypal yesterday.

I uploaded my tracking and it's under review right now.
griffan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:10 PM   #9
hche

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
In an unauthorized use claim all the seller has to do it prove the item shipped it does not even have to show delivered for the seller to win. I have had many of these over the years and have never lost one. Did you not respond to the complaint? If you only called then that is not a correct response you have to use the online form.

Or was the transaction made not eligible due to you changing the address and shipping it to a different one than the buyer provided. Like if the buyer messages you and says he forgot to add his apartment number if you edit that into the address you void any protection.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/u...ler-protection
Actually, it is listed right there that if the payment is fraudulent, paypal will reverse it.

Payments that are invalidated and reversed
Payments to you may be invalidated and reversed by PayPal if:

You lose a PayPal Purchase Protection claim submitted to us by a buyer, including as a result of your failure to respond in a timely manner.
You lose a Venmo Authorized Merchant Payment Protection claim.
Your buyer pursues a chargeback related to a card-funded transaction and the transaction is not eligible for PayPal Seller Protection. The card issuer, not PayPal, determines whether a buyer is successful when they pursue a chargeback related to a card-funded transaction.
You do not fulfill the transaction as promised or you cannot provide proof of shipment or proof of delivery when required.
eBay decides against you under its money back guarantee program (and you haven’t opted out).
Our investigation of a bank reversal made by a buyer or the buyer’s bank finds that the transaction was fraudulent.
PayPal sent the payment to you in error.
The payment was unauthorized
You received the payment for activities that violated this user agreement or any other agreement between you and PayPal.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:26 PM   #10
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by hche View Post
Actually, it is listed right there that if the payment is fraudulent, paypal will reverse it.

Payments that are invalidated and reversed
Payments to you may be invalidated and reversed by PayPal if:

You lose a PayPal Purchase Protection claim submitted to us by a buyer, including as a result of your failure to respond in a timely manner.
You lose a Venmo Authorized Merchant Payment Protection claim.
Your buyer pursues a chargeback related to a card-funded transaction and the transaction is not eligible for PayPal Seller Protection. The card issuer, not PayPal, determines whether a buyer is successful when they pursue a chargeback related to a card-funded transaction.
You do not fulfill the transaction as promised or you cannot provide proof of shipment or proof of delivery when required.
eBay decides against you under its money back guarantee program (and you haven’t opted out).
Our investigation of a bank reversal made by a buyer or the buyer’s bank finds that the transaction was fraudulent.
PayPal sent the payment to you in error.
The payment was unauthorized
You received the payment for activities that violated this user agreement or any other agreement between you and PayPal.
Paypal loses 99% of those anyway, so yes they will be forced to reverse it, but the protection protects the seller and makes Paypal take the loss. Its not Paypal that makes the ultimate decision its the CC companies that do so and Paypal is pretty much powerless against them.

I would be on the phone with Paypal until they honored their own Seller Protection Policy. It says if you meet all the requirements then you are protected in that link as well.

To be eligible for PayPal’s Seller Protection, you must meet all of the following requirements:

The primary address for your PayPal account must be in the United States.
The item must be a physical, tangible good that can be shipped.
You must ship the item to the shipping address on the transaction details page in your PayPal account for the transaction. If you originally ship the item to the recipient's shipping address on the transaction details page but the item is later redirected to a different address, you will not be eligible for PayPal Seller Protection. We therefore recommend not using a shipping service that is arranged by the buyer, so that you will be able to provide valid proof of shipping and delivery.
You must respond to PayPal's requests for documentation and other information in a timely manner as requested in our email correspondence with you or in our correspondence with you through the Resolution Center. If you do not respond to PayPal’s request for documentation and other information in the time requested, you may not be eligible for Seller Protection.
If the sale involves pre-ordered or made-to-order goods, you must ship within the timeframe you specified in the listing. Otherwise, it is recommended that you ship all items within 7 days after receipt of payment.

Unauthorized Transactions additional requirements
To be eligible for PayPal’s Seller Protection program for a buyer’s Unauthorized Transaction claim, you must meet both the basic requirements listed above and the additional requirements listed below:

The payment must be marked “eligible” or “partially eligible” for PayPal's Seller Protection on the Transaction Details page.
You must provide proof of shipment or proof of delivery as described below.

I have had many of these over the years and never lost a dime on one.

Last edited by shrevecity; 02-12-2019 at 02:32 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:30 PM   #11
hche

Quote:
Paypal loses 99% of those anyway, so yes they will be forced to reverse it, but the protection protects the seller and makes Paypal take the loss. Its not Paypal that makes the ultimate decision its the CC companies that do so and Paypal is pretty much powerless against them.

I would be on the phone with Paypal until they honored their own Seller Protection Policy. It says if you meet all the requirements then you are protected in that link as well.

To be eligible for PayPalís Seller Protection, you must meet all of the following requirements:

The primary address for your PayPal account must be in the United States.
The item must be a physical, tangible good that can be shipped.
You must ship the item to the shipping address on the transaction details page in your PayPal account for the transaction. If you originally ship the item to the recipient's shipping address on the transaction details page but the item is later redirected to a different address, you will not be eligible for PayPal Seller Protection. We therefore recommend not using a shipping service that is arranged by the buyer, so that you will be able to provide valid proof of shipping and delivery.
You must respond to PayPal's requests for documentation and other information in a timely manner as requested in our email correspondence with you or in our correspondence with you through the Resolution Center. If you do not respond to PayPalís request for documentation and other information in the time requested, you may not be eligible for Seller Protection.
If the sale involves pre-ordered or made-to-order goods, you must ship within the timeframe you specified in the listing. Otherwise, it is recommended that you ship all items within 7 days after receipt of payment.

Unauthorized Transactions additional requirements
To be eligible for PayPalís Seller Protection program for a buyerís Unauthorized Transaction claim, you must meet both the basic requirements listed above and the additional requirements listed below:

The payment must be marked ďeligibleĒ or ďpartially eligibleĒ for PayPal's Seller Protection on the Transaction Details page.
You must provide proof of shipment or proof of delivery as described below.

I have had many of these over the years and never lost a dime on one.
It seems like OP should be protected but may be he missed something that we don't know.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:24 PM   #12
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by hche View Post
It seems like OP should be protected but may be he missed something that we don't know.
That is what I am thinking happened. He already said he contacted them. If he did that and did not actually respond to the case in Paypal then that could be one step he missed.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:14 PM   #13
puremick

Quote:
That is what I am thinking happened. He already said he contacted them. If he did that and did not actually respond to the case in Paypal then that could be one step he missed.
There was no option to respond to the case. It was in review for a few weeks until they made their decision based on the bank. I never had the option to respond while the case was under review. I know it sounds crazy and it is

Last edited by puremick; 02-13-2019 at 08:18 PM.
puremick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:05 PM   #14
puremick

So below is the official decision regarding the above matter. Kind of sad that because I accept payment, I accept risk. When is paypal going to disappear as the leader in online transactions? I never had any luck with them!

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

We understand your frustration with this payment and want to let you know that we take reports of unauthorized activity seriously. Unfortunately, we canít cover you in this case.

Our Seller Protection Policy protects you against unauthorized payments. Our policy, however, doesnít extend to all payments made in our system. You need to follow the policy guidelines to be eligible for seller protection.

If you receive a payment thatís not eligible for seller protection, or if you choose not to follow our shipping guidelines, you have 2 options:

Click Refund to refund the payment to the buyer. We donít charge a fee to issue a refund. Fixed fees - $0.30 USD per transaction - are not refundable. To learn more about variable and fixed transaction fees, click Fees at the bottom of any PayPal page.
Accept the payment, and the potential risk, as you did in this case. We take steps to protect you from unauthorized payments, but the decision to accept the payment is up to you.
To learn more about our Seller Protection Policy, click Legal Agreements at the bottom of any PayPal webpage, and then click PayPal User Agreement.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,
Hari
PayPal Account Review Department
PayPal

Copyright © 1999-2019 PayPal. All rights reserved.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:17 PM   #15
Chris Lyle

What step did you miss? It says it you have to follow policy guidelines to be protected?
Chris Lyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:28 PM   #16
cardmole

I'm also curious about this.
cardmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:34 PM   #17
shrevecity

Nevermind, this was clearly an Ebay transaction..

I would be on the phone with Paypal over this. If you can prove you shipped it per their own policy you should be covered. They should be able to tell you the exact reason.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:07 PM   #18
puremick

I printed the label in paypal with the funds paid directly from an eBay transaction. It's a joke. I didn't "miss" any step. Buyer bought an item, paid through the the ebay transaction using paypal. It was a confirmed address. Item was delivered and buyer acknowledged this in ebay messages, yet paypal still won't cover it. I tried phone, emails, messages, etc...everything short of filing something legal. They made a decision not to cover it. They are just awful cash cows and I have heard much worse about them.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:24 PM   #19
hche

Did the payment in Paypal under seller protection said eligible?
Old 03-15-2019, 06:36 PM   #20
shrevecity

There has to be something that was missed. I have had probably close to 50 of these over the years including 2 so far this year and have never lost a dime on any of them.. They always resolved in my favor.

Did the buyer ask you to ship to a different address than was on the payment? If so and you edited it even adding an apartment number will void any protection.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:06 PM   #21
hche

From the communications, it seems like the original payment was somehow deemed ineligible for seller protection. No clue.

Last edited by hche; 03-15-2019 at 07:22 PM.
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:29 PM   #22
Bassplayah101

This stuff is getting rediculous.
I dont want to sell another card on Ebay. This entire hobby has been overrun by deadbeats.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Bassplayah101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 06:39 AM   #23
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassplayah101 View Post
This stuff is getting rediculous.
I dont want to sell another card on Ebay. This entire hobby has been overrun by deadbeats.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
This is not an Ebay thing, this is Paypal.. It will be similar with any payment service you use that involves credit cards. These policies are set by the Credit Card companies not Paypal/Ebay.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:16 AM   #24
KhalDrogo

You need to call Paypal. Then turn the scum into his local authorities.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:22 AM   #25
AnthonyCorona

This is awful OP. This kinda crap just ruins what use to be a fun hobby and side hustle. Hope this can be resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk