Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 02-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
pickle86

Default What will 2013 football products look like?

First off I'm on my phone so dont give me #@#@#@#@ for spelling or grammar errors second if this has been brought up before I apologize as I have not seen it.

While reading a lot of the mock drafts. This upcoming draft just does not have the offensive talent it needs to push certain products. The first round seems to be defensive and o-line heavy (and that's ok most teams need it)

Does anyone think they will try to load 2013 products again 2012 stars and more vet autos? I personally wouldn't mind seeing more luck, Wilson, rg3 personally as well as more too tiered vet autos

2011 rising rookies kind if played that game with a bunch 2010 autos in the insert sets but still had a base auto set of the new guys.

Let me here your thoughts in what you may think will happen.
pickle86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #2
Jackg1980

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

I think 2013 cards will all be electronic. No more physical cards. When you buy a pack, it just comes with a code that you enter on their website. It then shows up on your computer.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #3
blackbears86

1. they are going to cut down on production.
2. they probably will include more vet auto's.
3. They will pray some unknown rookie has an excellent pre-season to ramp up interest.
blackbears86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
rmw10

I actually think they'll cut down on the number of products. With Luck, RGIII, etc., they were able to produce a lot more products because there was so much demand. Hopefully I am right, because there were just way too many products last year.
rmw10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #5
True_MaizeNBlu
Banned

I'm just waiting for the super rare mojo bedazzled 1/1 2013 Chrome cards to come out
True_MaizeNBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #6
armyatc22
Banned

It's called a sticker dump year

You will see a lot of Egnews next year too
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #7
DOUGSEVIER54

I pray that they cut down production. There are so many products out there that are just pure garbage. This will make the hobby much more fun.

In 3 years in combat, I have YET to see an atheist when rockets/bullets are incoming
DOUGSEVIER54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #8
ajscards101

Taiwan Jones & Delone Carter third year autos
ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #9
Jackg1980

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Maybe some more Jordan Shipley (bengals) jersey cards.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #10
Brad

They aren't going to make fewer products. They need to recoup the huge amount of $ they pay for their licenses. Your only chance of fewer proudcts would be if the NFL insists on it when they negotiate their next license deal with Panini/Topps.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #11
benshobbies
Inactive Account

I'd be down with more Egnew autos to collect. The guy is going to be a beast & could have a breakout year this year with the Phins not renewing the contract for Reggie Bush. Hoping I can flip some of my Egnew stash for a profit.
benshobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #12
Frankp2311

Next year Panini will insert box redemptions in its cases. A 12 box case may only contain 5 actual boxes. The rest will be redemptions for the other 7. The plan is eventually you will just give them money and you will literally receive nothing.
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #13
JonMead
Banned

Topps will start including lube in all boxes to ease the pain of buying there products
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:45 PM   #14
ajscards101

Quote:
Originally Posted by benshobbies View Post
I'd be down with more Egnew autos to collect. The guy is going to be a beast & could have a breakout year this year with the Phins not renewing the contract for Reggie Bush. Hoping I can flip some of my Egnew stash for a profit.
You may be the only person in the world who thinks that
Old 02-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #15
Frankp2311

Quote:
LOL. Once again you never fail to fail.
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #16
benshobbies
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscards101 View Post
You may be the only person in the world who thinks that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
LOL. Once again you never fail to fail.
LOL. I know at least 2 other Egnew PC-ers.

We both are very passionate about our Egnews.
benshobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #17
ajscards101

Quote:
LOL. I know at least 2 other Egnew PC-ers.

We both are very passionate about our Egnews.
No offence but if you're looking for investment, you may want to pick another player. I just see Egnew doing nothing in his career.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #18
rmw10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
They aren't going to make fewer products. They need to recoup the huge amount of $ they pay for their licenses. Your only chance of fewer proudcts would be if the NFL insists on it when they negotiate their next license deal with Panini/Topps.
I think they have to. Of course you're still going to have some people who bust cases of every product. However, without a superstar talent like Luck or RGIII, there's not as much demand for their product. People aren't going to continue buying boxes when they get a Geno Smith that can get around $60.
rmw10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #19
addicted36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Great post. The idea that there is less production to me is silly. What your going to see I imagine is the same thing you did last year and the year before. The rookie premier will include the offensive stars in the draft just like last year regardless of draft position. The draftniks only look at the 1st round of the draft when they mock but there is talent through out the entire draft. Just in 2012

2nd round picks
Brian Quick
Coby Fleener
Stephen Hill
Alshon Jeffrey
Isaiah Pead
Ryan Broyles
LaMichael James
Rueben Randle

3rd round picks
Dwayne Allen
Ronnie Hillman
TJ Graham
Russell Wilson
Mohammed Sanu
Bernard Pierce
Nick Foles
TY Hilton

4th round picks
Chris Givens
Lamar Miller
Kirk Cousins
Robert Turbin
Nick Toon

There was talent outside the 1st round. Just think from the 36 Rookie Premier attendees 26 of them came from players picked not in the first round of the draft. Just because some geek calling himself a draft expert shows a mock draft that seems week based solely on the 1st round doesn't mean this hobby will be affected.

As for the comments above saying "people won't buy unless you can get X amount of dollars for a card" are wrong about that as well. The resell amount of a players card does not affect the price of a box and it doesn't stop people from buying hoping to hit something valuable.

Last edited by addicted36; 02-25-2013 at 01:05 PM.
addicted36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #20
panamamyers

I like Matt Barkley, Montee Ball, Tavon Austin, Cordarelle Patterson, Robert Woods, Geno Smith and EJ Manuel next year.
panamamyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #21
superynaldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
I think 2013 cards will all be electronic. No more physical cards. When you buy a pack, it just comes with a code that you enter on their website. It then shows up on your computer.
like Madden Ultimate team cards... that would be crazy...
superynaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:01 PM   #22
jusdukky

Quote:
Now this is an honest question to the above comment. How does the Phins letting R. Bush go affect Egnew???? I hope you are somehow right with your comment as I have been Egnewed way to many times this year.
jusdukky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #23
superynaldo

Quote:
superynaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:12 PM   #24
pickle86

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
Great post. The idea that there is less production to me is silly. What your going to see I imagine is the same thing you did last year and the year before. The rookie premier will include the offensive stars in the draft just like last year regardless of draft position. The draftniks only look at the 1st round of the draft when they mock but there is talent through out the entire draft. Just in 2012

2nd round picks
Brian Quick
Coby Fleener
Stephen Hill
Alshon Jeffrey
Isaiah Pead
Ryan Broyles
LaMichael James
Rueben Randle

3rd round picks
Dwayne Allen
Ronnie Hillman
TJ Graham
Russell Wilson
Mohammed Sanu
Bernard Pierce
Nick Foles
TY Hilton

4th round picks
Chris Givens
Lamar Miller
Kirk Cousins
Robert Turbin
Nick Toon

There was talent outside the 1st round. Just think from the 36 Rookie Premier attendees 26 of them came from players picked not in the first round of the draft. Just because some geek calling himself a draft expert shows a mock draft that seems week based solely on the 1st round doesn't mean this hobby will be affected.

As for the comments above saying "people won't buy unless you can get X amount of dollars for a card" are wrong about that as well. The resell amount of a players card does not affect the price of a box and it doesn't stop people from buying hoping to hit something valuable.

That's a very valid statement however this year just does not have that star(s) to pump product out like previous years

Maybe someone will come along early breakout and build products up, just not seeing right now.

07 Ap, C Johnson
08 ryan, flacco, cj
09 stafford, Sanchez, harvin, McCoy ect
2010 Bradford, Timmy
2011 newton ect

I honesty think if they don't pump vet autos more into the mix it will be hard year for sales

It's kind of like having Harper in 2011 and 2012 Baseball it worked great (bowman that is)
pickle86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #25
addicted36
Banned

@ pickle86, the worst hit by the lack of star power imo will be press pass and leaf draft, topps and panini will be ok. Before the preseason started in August and going forward who can honestly say was thinking guys like Russell Wilson, Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins, or Alfred Morris would have the hobby following that they do now? for me before September and week one started I was buying Morris autos for $5 a piece and I bought a 5 QB auto lot which included Foles, Osweiller, and Wilson on ebay for $15 bucks. I like to gamble on unknowns and those were a couple I hit on this past year.

Point is until those guys hit the scene no one was excited about them either. With no star power your earliest releases are going to have the hardest time being bought, but those still have guys like me out there who want to buy his favorite teams players anyway so they will do ok but not great. By the time the actual season rolls around I expect a new crop of unknowns we weren't thinking about in February has captured our imaginations once again and we will be buying up those Inceptions and Prestige and Triple Threads just like we did this year and it will be ok
addicted36 is offline   Reply With Quote