2018 flush

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 05-27-2018, 06:41 PM   #76
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
This is why people report you for trolling. You just jump in threads to stir people up and start trouble.
Iím not trolling or stirring the pot. Like mike said, i feel if the patches are already fake, whatís the difference? I donít like that people do it either. Just starting to think itís not that bad if the card makers do it too. The entire hobby needs an overhaul. So much shady crap surrounding the hobby itís just sickening. Shady breakers, shady card makers, eBay horror stories, admitted shilling that is considered ok, cheating PayPal and eBay, fake autos, fake patches, etc. etc. etc. the list is just too long.

The amount of shady people on this forum should worry you more than someone like me just joking around and having fun. Still some good people in the hobby thankfully but they are a dying breed it seems.
Siberian13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:11 PM   #77
Stifle

Location: I've met great collectors throughout MI and N. Indiana / CHI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian13 View Post
Iím not trolling or stirring the pot. Like mike said, i feel if the patches are already fake, whatís the difference? I donít like that people do it either. Just starting to think itís not that bad if the card makers do it too. The entire hobby needs an overhaul. So much shady crap surrounding the hobby itís just sickening. Shady breakers, shady card makers, eBay horror stories, admitted shilling that is considered ok, cheating PayPal and eBay, fake autos, fake patches, etc. etc. etc. the list is just too long.

The amount of shady people on this forum should worry you more than someone like me just joking around and having fun. Still some good people in the hobby thankfully but they are a dying breed it seems.
Siberian - You are a good guy! I don't have issues with those who counter with logic, data or even most personal opinions other than the thoughtless counter of "Troll".

We have threads that allow us a opportunity to debate. Not argue. We are here to hopefully help one another out in attempting to create a prospering hobby. Many of us wish we could take back things we have done in the past but it's about change. When a person does something wrong, we need to ban the act not the person. It's about letting the person realize we are in this together and to stop selfish acts of changing a authentic jersey into a 3 color patch card that isnt authentic. If a collector wishes to take out a original jersey/ patch then there should be a site where they should let others know that the card is no longer a authentic jersey/patch. My opinion.
Stifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:27 PM   #78
Siberian13

I know it would take a lot of work and money but someone mentioned a photo taken of every card made with a patch/jersey/serial number. A way to look up every serial numbered card you own would be awesome. All cards that are hits should be serial numbered anyways. Why the mystery of blue or red retail Prizm cards anyways. There are ways to make it better but they won’t happen.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:47 PM   #79
Stifle

Location: I've met great collectors throughout MI and N. Indiana / CHI.

Quote:
I know it would take a lot of work and money but someone mentioned a photo taken of every card made with a patch/jersey/serial number. A way to look up every serial numbered card you own would be awesome. All cards that are hits should be serial numbered anyways. Why the mystery of blue or red retail Prizm cards anyways. There are ways to make it better but they wonít happen.

Edge Football had a product in the early to mid 90's that had each card with a unique serial number. It's been done.
Stifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 10:03 PM   #80
cking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1498 View Post
I donít believe heís trolling, he genuely believes Panini fakes patches from the start. Its just the joke wasnít funny
I thought it was hilarious.

And would you like me to link you to the Mitchell & Ness or the Flawless thread if you dont think Panini uses fakes for cards?

I will be more then happy to send you those links.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 10:07 PM   #81
mike1498

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
I thought it was hilarious.

And would you like me to link you to the Mitchell & Ness or the Flawless thread if you dont think Panini uses fakes for cards?

I will be more then happy to send you those links.
Iím aware it doesnít mean every single one is faked. If so this thread wouldnít matter because if they were all fake from the beginning no one would care. Am I aware some are player worn, of course. Are some of these game worn also, of course
mike1498 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 11:58 PM   #82
hostilecarrot

Anyone know where he is located? Better yet, has anyone dealt with him in the past? If so, send me a pm. I am not opposed to getting the authorities involved. Depending on past sale prices, the auctions may certainly be felonious.

Last edited by hostilecarrot; 05-28-2018 at 12:00 AM.
hostilecarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 12:29 AM   #83
RogerGodahell

It's morally unethical. Whether it's game worn, player worn, or whatever. It's not the way the card was originally manufactured or intended. You're purposely trying to deceive people into paying more money for a card by altering it and then lying and saying it was manufactured that way from the factory. Some people are greedy by human nature and will do whatever it takes even if it means cheating and stealing to better themselves. If people can't understand or see what's wrong with this idea then i don't know what else to say. They must not have been raised with any morals. To me it's no different then the guy who opens the packs or boxes and steals all the good hits, reseals them and sells them

Last edited by RogerGodahell; 05-28-2018 at 12:33 AM.
RogerGodahell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 12:35 AM   #84
hawkeyecards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbledsoe View Post
Congrats on the parole; felony or misdemeanor this time???
LOL no one is getting a felony for this. Who would prosecute him? Are you going to sue him, spend thousands of dollars because of a fake patch. Get real dude
hawkeyecards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 12:36 AM   #85
goodole13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyecards View Post
LOL no one is getting a felony for this. Who would prosecute him? Are you going to sue him, spend thousands of dollars because of a fake patch. Get real dude
It was a joke meant for another member on this thread...
Old 05-28-2018, 12:48 AM   #86
RogerGodahell

Quote:
It would depend on the card. Someone cut up Durant Exquisite rookie patch auto and altered it, i remember seeing the thread with that particular card somewhere on here. If i paid $50,000 for that card it and found out it was altered you're damn right i'd sue.
Old 05-28-2018, 01:40 AM   #87
hawkeyecards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerGodahell View Post
It would depend on the card. Someone cut up Durant Exquisite rookie patch auto and altered it, i remember seeing the thread with that particular card somewhere on here. If i paid $50,000 for that card it and found out it was altered you're damn right i'd sue.
$50,000 Durant Exquisite or a $5 Doug Martin patch card, hmm tough call.

For the Exquisite, you think the big card companies would somehow ensure that it couldn't happen like that, you know a picture database of all high end. Just a thought.

Someone above said alert the authorities in the area, like they don't have enough on their plates already. Have someone call them and say this guy is putting fake patches on the cards and selling them for $5 lol
Old 05-28-2018, 02:01 AM   #88
hostilecarrot

Talking

Quote:

For the Exquisite, you think the big card companies would somehow ensure that it couldn't happen like that, you know a picture database of all high end. Just a thought.

Someone above said alert the authorities in the area, like they don't have enough on their plates already. Have someone call them and say this guy is putting fake patches on the cards and selling them for $5 lol
Crime is crime. I asked for the jurisdiction because I could be able to provide more assistance if the information was available. Where I live, obtaining property by false pretenses is a felony no matter what the value of the item is (https://www.ncleg.net/EnactedLegisla...Article_19.pdf).

The way I view the situation essentially provides us two options. One, we could stand idly by and do nothing. Two, we could attempt to protect a hobby we care about.

Last edited by hostilecarrot; 05-28-2018 at 02:06 AM.
hostilecarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 02:14 AM   #89
no10pin

Quote:
You seem to have a problem with...stuff.

Siberian was suspended, and now he's not. That's what the post was about. You can also tell it was about Siberian, because Siberian was quoted in the post.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:31 AM   #90
hawkeyecards

Quote:
Originally Posted by hostilecarrot View Post
Crime is crime. I asked for the jurisdiction because I could be able to provide more assistance if the information was available. Where I live, obtaining property by false pretenses is a felony no matter what the value of the item is (https://www.ncleg.net/EnactedLegisla...Article_19.pdf).

The way I view the situation essentially provides us two options. One, we could stand idly by and do nothing. Two, we could attempt to protect a hobby we care about.
In the grand scheme dude, this doesn't matter. I know it's the world to you right now, but no one out of this thread really cares about it. If this is your battle dude, go fight it.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:35 AM   #91
pgisback

Quote:
In the grand scheme dude, this doesn't matter. I know it's the world to you right now, but no one out of this thread really cares about it. If this is your battle dude, go fight it.
You seem to care a lot about it. Which is strange, because you're essentially spending this time defending people who alter cards, which most people in the hobby consider scammers.
Nikita Kucherov RCs/On Card Autos
pgisback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 04:12 AM   #92
hawkeyecards

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgisback View Post
You seem to care a lot about it. Which is strange, because you're essentially spending this time defending people who alter cards, which most people in the hobby consider scammers.
Not defending the guy that altered the cards at all, sucks Grid saw his PC go that way. On the other hand, couldn't really care too much with everything else in the hobby anyways, seems like it's one thing after another after another. People are going to find a way to scam the system and screw people out of money all the time. I initially asked why it was such a huge deal not knowing they were GU. MY BAD apparently.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:58 AM   #93
Grid

In attempt to keep this thread from derailing any more than it has...

For everyone who thinks it's no big deal to fake a patch due to some companies using player worn:

Player worn was material that the player actually touched. It was a Jersey that they wore. That is infinitely more "special" than whatever a patch faker used to switch patches for.

Even when a card company uses a player worn Vet Jersey, its controlled. They cut up that jersey to make this card. If that means only 2 cards can have a Buccaneers Skull logo, then only 2 cards can be this special.

If a patch faker can make EVERY Bucs patch into a Skull Logo, now nothing is special.

Same logic applies if Panini used an "un-game used" Eli Manning jerseys. It would still only yield 1 NFL logo. But a patch faker can crank out dozens of them. Ruining the value of whoever actually had the one or two factory originals.

Now do you get it?

In the case of these cards now getting faked, they were all Game Used from a brief era in cards where Panini was not around to make fools of us.

Instead of an actual game used patch you are left with a card that has who knows what inserted in it.
Grid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:47 AM   #94
RogerGodahell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
In attempt to keep this thread from derailing any more than it has...

For everyone who thinks it's no big deal to fake a patch due to some companies using player worn:

Player worn was material that the player actually touched. It was a Jersey that they wore. That is infinitely more "special" than whatever a patch faker used to switch patches for.

Even when a card company uses a player worn Vet Jersey, its controlled. They cut up that jersey to make this card. If that means only 2 cards can have a Buccaneers Skull logo, then only 2 cards can be this special.

If a patch faker can make EVERY Bucs patch into a Skull Logo, now nothing is special.

Same logic applies if Panini used an "un-game used" Eli Manning jerseys. It would still only yield 1 NFL logo. But a patch faker can crank out dozens of them. Ruining the value of whoever actually had the one or two factory originals.

Now do you get it?

In the case of these cards now getting faked, they were all Game Used from a brief era in cards where Panini was not around to make fools of us.

Instead of an actual game used patch you are left with a card that has who knows what inserted in it.
I don't think so Grid. It's not an issue of understanding words, it's a moral dilemma.

You can almost smell the schemers through their posts here on BO
Old 05-28-2018, 09:51 AM   #95
RogerGodahell

Quote:

Stealing $5 or $50,000 your still a thief.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:01 AM   #96
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerGodahell View Post
Stealing $5 or $50,000 your still a thief.
Still a thief for sure. But I think he means the authorities wouldnít care about $5 and may care about $50K.

Scammers are everywhere. Including here on BO. Just do your best to protect yourselves.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:18 AM   #97
RogerGodahell

Quote:
Still a thief for sure. But I think he means the authorities wouldnít care about $5 and may care about $50K.

Scammers are everywhere. Including here on BO. Just do your best to protect yourselves.
Oh i get it, but i sense the feeling of "it's not a big deal".
Old 05-28-2018, 10:44 AM   #98
Orange October

Companies need to start putting pages on their websites with pictures of the major patch cards.

Leaf did it at one point for some Ichiro and Pujols patch cards, dunno why they stopped. Topps or Panini should consider doing this with at least the major patch sets.

https://leaftradingcards.com/2011-le...lery-database/

A database like this would be extremely useful
Old 05-28-2018, 10:53 AM   #99
ssbledsoe

Quote:
No clue, theyíve never told me what I done. It says trolling when I tried to login but nothing specific. If I get suspended for what I type on a computer then not sure why the entire basketball Lebron/MJ guys donít or the Seneca thread guys. Maybe I get reported, who knows. Wonder if I report people if they would get suspended? . People need to lighten up and have some fun.
Iíve been there man. The trolling suspension is broad and defined only by the mods man. It is what it is

Drew Bledsoe is a better QB than your favorite QB
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 12:06 PM   #100
altaeria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange October View Post
Companies need to start putting pages on their websites with pictures of the major patch cards.

Leaf did it at one point for some Ichiro and Pujols patch cards, dunno why they stopped. Topps or Panini should consider doing this with at least the major patch sets.

A database like this would be extremely useful

Seriously, how difficult would if be to post photos of all short printed cards on a website each season?? Think of all the clicks just to view them. That would be more advertising revenue. Plus- Itíll create a tangible checklist (gasp!) for collectors.
altaeria is online now   Reply With Quote