Blowout Cards Forums
incentives bonus

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > The National Sports Collectors Convention

Notices

The National Sports Collectors Convention This is a seasonal forum that will run from about April through August each year.

Old 08-14-2018, 04:50 PM   #26
tylermckinzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianleonard View Post
I don't think they're willing to tell us that.

That may be because they don't know for sure, or because if they tell us what our grades were, then they'd have to value the cards at those grades. But either way, we don't know if they were actually RCR'ed or not.
Part I was witholding because it couldn't necessarily be proven and would be subject to a level of speculation.... which we would all probably come to a similar conclusion on.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:15 PM   #27
stang_crazy

So if they decide to pay out on current ungraded value and the cards actually turn up graded then what?

This sounds like a major disaster in the works not that it isn't already.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:33 PM   #28
epatmythes

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianleonard View Post
I don't think they're willing to tell us that.

That may be because they don't know for sure, or because if they tell us what our grades were, then they'd have to value the cards at those grades. But either way, we don't know if they were actually RCR'ed or not.
Does BGS keep track for RCR grades... I was under the impression they do not. My only understanding is that you get your RCR's back and you can then submit them for slabs and that grade is guaranteed... and if you walk away and bring them back later, or mail them in at some later date, that RCR grade is no longer guaranteed (could get lower, same, or higher). I would guess, even if they were RCR'ed, BGS doesn't know what each card graded out at...
epatmythes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:47 PM   #29
dacaptain37

Quote:
Originally Posted by epatmythes View Post
Does BGS keep track for RCR grades... I was under the impression they do not. My only understanding is that you get your RCR's back and you can then submit them for slabs and that grade is guaranteed... and if you walk away and bring them back later, or mail them in at some later date, that RCR grade is no longer guaranteed (could get lower, same, or higher). I would guess, even if they were RCR'ed, BGS doesn't know what each card graded out at...
they dont guarantee at all... found that out first hand
dacaptain37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:56 PM   #30
notfast

BGS had two large safes on site for cards. Wonder where the chain of command was lost...
notfast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:52 AM   #31
moose84

Quote:
Originally Posted by notfast View Post
BGS had two large safes on site for cards. Wonder where the chain of command was lost...
Ocean's Fourteen: The National

Its a forum, dont take it personally. We're all allowed to have opinions and not everyone is going to agree with it.
moose84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 12:15 PM   #32
fenwaykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by notfast View Post
This is the same company that is holding cards for 12+ months and losing their strangle hold of the modern card market daily...is anyone surprised?
fenwaykid is offline   Reply With Quote