Blowout Cards Forums
Wave TUE

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Old 07-17-2018, 10:39 AM   #1
Steveefranchise

Default I am ... " a cheater who offers the worst service ever and only cares about $$$"

Time for a new The Joys of Selling on Ebay Thread!

***I do not believe I am completely without fault here. I could have done a better job communicating with the buyer.***

Buyer Name: nisoi_0

Items in question: Eric Kendricks Auto ($0.79)
Chris Thompson Auto ($1.91)

Feedback received: "Cheated me out two best cards of a big lot. Worst service ever! Never again!"

Backstory:

I do large bulk listings Ebay. Usually around 3,000 auctions at a time and I offer buyers rebates for multiple items won, etc.

Buyer purchased and paid on time for around 35 items. While preparing to ship, I found that I did not have the two items in question in stock. (this happened to around 10 football listings out of the 3,000 or so auctions going) Buyer was issued a refund for the two items in question prior to the order shipping. The two out of stock items were noted on the Paypal transaction.

I did not contact the buyer through Ebay regarding the two missing items, which in hindsight I should've done. Nor did I double check the invoices for explanation. "Why did I receive a refund" is a common question I get.

Communication:

July 11 (9:18 AM)

nisoi_0 : Wat happened?

***This was immediately after buyer received his rebate through Paypal.

July 11 (11:17 AM)

me: Not sure what youíre referring to. Iím pretty sure your order is all prepped and ready to ship today.

Tom

July 11 (1:23 PM)
nisoi_0 :Oh I seen refund on a few items. Was that simply the discount reimbursement?

*** The transaction receipt notes the calculation of his rebate and "+ Kendricks auto out of stock + Thompson auto out of stock".

July 11 (2:19 PM)

me: Yep. That was your bulk buyer rebate being issued. It should have a note on it for reference. Apologies for any confusion.

Tom

July 16 (10:33 AM)

nisoi_0: Didn't receive eric kendricks on card auto or Chris Thompson auto in the packaging

July 16 (10:51 AM)

me: Hi,

I apologize for any confusion. I was having some issues with the football listings in the last wave of auctions that resulted in a few items being of out of stock. These were two such items and you were refunded via Paypal for the purchase price prior to your order shipping. It was also noted in the Paypal transaction that these two items were out of stock and being refunded.

Because it was my error, I still included both items in the calculation of your rebate. So you still received that benefit.

Again, I apologize for any confusion and do remember you contacting when your rebate was first issued about it. I should have clarified then, but honestly may have forgotten. When I do bulk listings like that sometimes the orders all blend together.

Tom
Steveefranchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:46 AM   #2
Steveefranchise

July 16 (11:12 AM)

nisoi_0: Disappointed to be honest. I agree. That would have been correct time to inform me. Rather than expecting, only to be disappointed that I will now NOT be receiving the best most valued cards in the entire lot I originally order. Feedback will be left accordingly. Along with failure to communicate compared to others whom I've done business with. Honestly its not bout the money. Its about the hobby and the feeling I get when I get the cards. This sux. I feel cheated. I was cheated. Straight up. Just so u know and don't think I got it twisted, ur not bout the hobby n customers first. Ur bout the damn $. So fyi I spend close to $2000 a month on this hobby. Keep ur precious cards that u kept bc u didn't want to sell at the price it sold for on auction. Its ur loss! I won't spend another penny with u! -- In order to see the truth, you must first learn to speak the truth--

July 16 (11:51 AM)

nisoi_0:Full refund should've been given once two most valued cards were no longer available. Or at least immediate notification!

July 16 (11:58 AM)

nisoi_0: Wanna know how I seen this #@#@#@#@ coming?? By ur reaction towards ur auctions last week. Wats da matter? U scared to sell ur stuff in auction anymore. Best offer or buy now only huh?!?! Sorry ass lying bastard! Can't wait to get da chance to tell other interested buyers my experience

July 16 (1:46 PM)

me: I apologize for your disappointment. A full refund for both items was issued prior to shipment. It was clearly notated in the transaction notes, and the more generous of the two possible calculations was used in providing your rebate. I'm honestly not too sure what else I could do to remedy the situation for you.

I'm open to suggestions so please let me know.

Tom
Old 07-17-2018, 10:47 AM   #3
Steveefranchise

Feedback received: "Cheated me out two best cards of a big lot. Worst service ever! Never again!"
Old 07-17-2018, 10:58 AM   #4
no10pin

Definitely not proportional feedback, but you did kinda double down on the issue when you A) didn't message him to explain what happened and B) told him it was just his rebate when he messaged you about what the refund was. I know it was in the transaction notes for Paypal, but I don't know that I've ever read those as a buyer.

Low end buyers (despite his claim of spending $2k a month) always seem to get more worked up about things.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:05 AM   #5
Steveefranchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by no10pin View Post
Definitely not proportional feedback, but you did kinda double down on the issue when you A) didn't message him to explain what happened and B) told him it was just his rebate when he messaged you about what the refund was. I know it was in the transaction notes for Paypal, but I don't know that I've ever read those as a buyer.

Low end buyers (despite his claim of spending $2k a month) always seem to get more worked up about things.
I agree 100%. I could've done better in that regard and got a little lazy when answering his first set of questions. I should've double checked his order so I knew exactly who I was talking to.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:09 AM   #6
Siberian13

I know a lot of you guys have big inventories. But you should know what you have in stock. I hate when that happens to me when I buy on ebay. I don't leave negative feedback or get worked up like this person but it has happened and is very annoying. How often do sellers do inventory checks on what they have?
Siberian13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:21 AM   #7
AnthonyCorona

He missed out on two of the most sought after cards in the hobby, he has every right to be MEGA livid. Flipping your lid over dollar cards seems like having a great life . OP admits he could have done a better job by buyer is a DB

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2018, 11:22 AM   #8
Steveefranchise

I did do one right before the listing. I do mainly basketball so I knew that was up to date, but the football listings I probably drafted up during the season.

As someone who's had that experience what do you see as the remedy? Outside of more communication...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian13 View Post
I know a lot of you guys have big inventories. But you should know what you have in stock. I hate when that happens to me when I buy on ebay. I don't leave negative feedback or get worked up like this person but it has happened and is very annoying. How often do sellers do inventory checks on what they have?
Old 07-17-2018, 11:40 AM   #9
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveefranchise View Post
I did do one right before the listing. I do mainly basketball so I knew that was up to date, but the football listings I probably drafted up during the season.

As someone who's had that experience what do you see as the remedy? Outside of more communication...
I'm happy I don't have to go through 1000's of cards at a time. There is no remedy to make the buyer happy after it has happened if those are their responses. He/she don't sound reasonable. I never complained when it happened to me to the seller but just informed them of what happened if they didn't catch it. On a couple of occasions, the seller apologized and sent a couple of bonus cards.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:04 PM   #10
kerg

As a seller, when I've screwed up on inventory, I've usually refunded the cost and then given some type of discount refund above and beyond. I usually think of it as my own penance so I remember to not screw up in the future.

As a buyer, I have better things to do than get crappy over a couple $1 cards.
kerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:11 PM   #11
shrevecity

Quote:
One issue is Ebay will sometimes screw it up for you. I have had items where I have 2 or 3 of them and sell one revert back to having the starting amount when. They will also sometimes relist items that have sold out. It is a glitch that has been running for a couple of years now and it happens without any other signs. It could happen right now and it maybe a few days before I catch it. I usually scan through about once a week, I will also verify the item before I accept any offer.
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:40 PM   #12
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
One issue is Ebay will sometimes screw it up for you. I have had items where I have 2 or 3 of them and sell one revert back to having the starting amount when. They will also sometimes relist items that have sold out. It is a glitch that has been running for a couple of years now and it happens without any other signs. It could happen right now and it maybe a few days before I catch it. I usually scan through about once a week, I will also verify the item before I accept any offer.
eBay sure has a ton of problems. Would they even compensate you for that sale or are you SOL?
Old 07-17-2018, 07:04 PM   #13
shrevecity

Quote:
eBay sure has a ton of problems. Would they even compensate you for that sale or are you SOL?
You have to cancel it and then the buyer can still neg you and it counts as a defect on your account.
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 12:44 AM   #14
Steveefranchise

I appreciate all the discussion throughout guys. After reading some of the feedback and thoughts on here I did double back and send the buyer another message just apologizing again for the mistake and trying to clarify what had happened. Referred him to the thread too... so maybe the community gets another member and we both get better from it.

Again it's stuff like this that keeps me coming back here. Thanks again guys.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:57 AM   #15
Steveefranchise

Default AWESOME UPDATE

Just checked EBay messages and saw I got a reply to my message.

Me:

These were not the two most expensive and you've really mischaracterized the transaction in your feedback. Regardless, I do owe an apology. I could've done better communicating throughout. When you sent your initial email on the July 11, I was knee deep in shipping all the auctions that had ended, and did not double check your invoice compared to your actual transaction. My intention was never to "cheat" you and I offer free combined shipping on all items and rebates and I am very buyer friendly as is.

I don't know if your familiar with the blowout forums but I've posted our transaction there for discussion. There are a large group of sellers there who do this to see how they can improve etc. and it has been mentioned a few times so far that I needed to communicate better with you. The link is below.

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showth...1#post13733578

Buyer:

Thank u. I apologize for my reaction. I've been done wrong many times and shouldn't have allowed my past experiences to influence our transaction. I do appreciate ur willingness to get others opinions on what happen. Not everyone would be open to that. Honestly if I was told the cards weren't available when u responded to a message I sent earlier in the week, I would been ok with it. To find out like I did made me question u as a seller thus creating the feeling of being cheated intentionally. Once again I do appreciate the things I've said in ur message and the efforts to gain insight so that others in the future can have a positive experience from buying from u.

***This buyer may have genuinely had a bad experience with me but I really appreciated this response. There was the miscommunication with the two out of stock items, and I know now that I can't include it in the transaction notes. But to at least clear up the issue was very important to me.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:33 AM   #16
hairysasquatch

Buyer's syntax reminded me of IronMonkey....
Old 07-18-2018, 03:03 PM   #17
NickM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
This eBay glitch cost me the 20% coupon as a buyer of a case last month.
eBay doesn't care.
"And when do we want it?"
"It's irrelevant."

Last edited by NickM; 07-18-2018 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Typo
NickM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:41 AM   #18
MFaulkCollector

most expensive... most valuable cards

that were worth 2.70 combined???? am i missing something here

i don't even know how someone could spend 2 grand a month if that is expensive and valuable
MFaulkCollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:39 PM   #19
PatsCollector

Not to be the grammar police; however, I've noticed a trend where if the transaction involves somebody who uses "I saw" to describe something they had seen, there is at least a 98% success rate compared to people who use "I seen" which takes it down to 50/50.

My collection is for trade/sale except the Pats stuff: https://www.flickr.com/gp/134688564@N02/8582z7
PatsCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 12:43 AM   #20
SanAntonioSpurs

I don’t agree with your thread title but I would say you’re a little over dramatic. 99.999% of all eBay as well as blowout issues could’ve been avoided by simply communicating. However, everyone wants to think and pretend they’re super busy and just don’t have the time to let the other person know what’s going on - as in this case.

Example - didn’t have time to communicate with the buyer but had plenty of time to make message board posts and go back and fourth on eBay messages.

Instagram: SanAntonioSpurs5021

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/sanantoniospurs21/albums
SanAntonioSpurs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 02:55 AM   #21
mcgahee21nfl
Inactive Account

Cool thread. Stevee is one of the best.
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote