Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > OTHER SPORTS BOX & CASE BREAKS

Notices

OTHER SPORTS BOX & CASE BREAKS Post your OTHER SPORTS Box & Case Breaks Here!

Old 07-26-2010, 04:01 PM   #176
John91C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
Money can't buy respect.
No but according to Wheeler when it comes to Sportscards being a Dentist does
Old 07-26-2010, 04:03 PM   #177
mwheeler27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
Haha...you're still defending your flawed "collector" argument! I'm not saying you're an investor, what I'm saying is it's absurd for you to hold yourself higher than others as a self-proclaimed "collector" and tell other people they are more of prospectors, when you do the exact same thing they do...SELL cards and use the proceeds for your PC! I take issue with your arrogance thinking that you are above everybody else as a "collector." And there's definitely nothing for me to be jealous of here, I don't like SK, so I don't buy, it's as simple as that for me. Wheels, let's be serious, the whole forum, knows how much of a joke your attitude is. However the forum also knows that your PC, and I'm more than willing to admit is amazing. I'm not trying to aggravate you...but I won't back down from your arrogance. Money can't buy respect.
I'm not trying to buy any respect. Your statements couldn't be more off-base.

I do not sell like everybody else. Far from it actually. I don't sell to fund my collection. That couldn't be farther from the truth either. If I'm arrogant in your eyes, it's because I won't back down. My attitude isn't a joke. My attitude is what curbs other people's hateful remarks.
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:04 PM   #178
mwheeler27

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
No but according to Wheeler when it comes to Sportscards being a Dentist does
I never said this. I never hinted towards this. This is another 100% false statement.

You guys are just being goofy now. Have fun with the rest of the thread.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:06 PM   #179
John91C

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
If I'm arrogant in your eyes, it's because I won't back down. My attitude isn't a joke. My attitude is what curbs other people's hateful remarks.
If this doesn't border on a Narcissistic Personality Disorder
Old 07-26-2010, 05:10 PM   #180
Cutty

Quote:
I'm not trying to buy any respect. Your statements couldn't be more off-base.

I do not sell like everybody else. Far from it actually. I don't sell to fund my collection. That couldn't be farther from the truth either. If I'm arrogant in your eyes, it's because I won't back down. My attitude isn't a joke. My attitude is what curbs other people's hateful remarks.
Basically you buy and sell just like everyone else, you just have more money or prioritize your spending differently than others. But to call yourself a collector and label others prospectors for doing things that you do yourself is highly hypocritical. You're not arrogant because you won't back down (that doesn't even make any sense), you're arrogant for thinking you have the right to tell people that they aren't collectors.

Also your attitude doesn't curb hateful remarks. It earns them in the first place, although not once did I state any hateful remarks, rather mere disagreements with the way you conduct yourself in relation to the boards.

"Theory of Mind."
Cutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:23 AM   #181
tonedef2oo8

Quote:
And are you sure there's no pictures to prove it's legitimate?
I dont know, do you have some to post? It would be cool to see them.
tonedef2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:58 AM   #182
Cactuspies

^^^^^
see post 124, though I'm not sure where you pulled wheelers comment from and if it even relates to the same thing anymore...
Patriots 6 time Champs
catching up to johnmabry47: are you on my ignore list too? 76 and counting
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:11 AM   #183
tonedef2oo8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
^^^^^
see post 124, though I'm not sure where you pulled wheelers comment from and if it even relates to the same thing anymore...
Thank you, but it dont. According to the auction it should be easy for a Ali fan/collector to find pictures of Ali in the red shorts. Wheeler was basically saying or hinting at he has the pictures of Ali in the shorts. I would love to see it since I consider myself a Ali fan/collector of sorts and have searched a bit with no luck to find a photo of Ali in red shorts.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:42 AM   #184
mwheeler27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef2oo8 View Post
Thank you, but it dont. According to the auction it should be easy for a Ali fan/collector to find pictures of Ali in the red shorts. Wheeler was basically saying or hinting at he has the pictures of Ali in the shorts. I would love to see it since I consider myself a Ali fan/collector of sorts and have searched a bit with no luck to find a photo of Ali in red shorts.
Who cares what the auction states?

So you would love to see it...? Well, I would love to see people try to prove they are fake first. After all, that's the order of things. If you accuse someone of something, you darned well better be able to prove it, or it's just mindless hearsay.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:34 PM   #185
WhacksPacks

o hai guise...wuts goin on in this thread?

Sorry bout your break OP...maybe next time you'll do better

best I can do
Old 08-01-2010, 04:52 PM   #186
coclarkson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef2oo8 View Post
Thank you, but it dont. According to the auction it should be easy for a Ali fan/collector to find pictures of Ali in the red shorts. .
you won't find any proof of ali wearing the shorts because that proof doesn't exist.

wheeler keeps saying prove they are fake...well since no proof exists of ali wearing the kind of red shorts brian price used, then how am i supposed to show proof of ali not wearing them?

i mean there's a million photos of ali out there, not one picture depicts ali wearing those kind of shorts. so next step would be to talk to some ali and boxing memorabilia collectors/experts, which i did. i talked to two experts, one works at steiner the other is one of the most reknowned authenticators in the business, both said ali never wore a pair like that. that's all i need to know

at least brian price could've given the year in which ali "used" those trunks in. but he didn't give any additional information

bottom line, who do you believe? memorabilia experts or a dentist making unlicensed cards... it's up to you
coclarkson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #187
37Jetson

I thought you were already deemed as illegitimate I am so confused Your explanation sounds plausible and deserves further documentation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coclarkson View Post
you won't find any proof of ali wearing the shorts because that proof doesn't exist.

wheeler keeps saying prove they are fake...well since no proof exists of ali wearing the kind of red shorts brian price used, then how am i supposed to show proof of ali not wearing them?

i mean there's a million photos of ali out there, not one picture depicts ali wearing those kind of shorts. so next step would be to talk to some ali and boxing memorabilia collectors/experts, which i did. i talked to two experts, one works at steiner the other is one of the most reknowned authenticators in the business, both said ali never wore a pair like that. that's all i need to know

at least brian price could've given the year in which ali "used" those trunks in. but he didn't give any additional information

bottom line, who do you believe? memorabilia experts or a dentist making unlicensed cards... it's up to you
Old 08-01-2010, 05:50 PM   #188
mwheeler27

Quote:
Originally Posted by coclarkson View Post

I choose not to believe a person who has been proven to spread hateful lies.

So when did you talk to these experts? Did you do it by phone? What are their names? May I follow up and talk to them as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
I thought you were already deemed as illegitimate I am so confused Your explanation sounds plausible and deserves further documentation.
He was already proven beyond a reasonable doubt to have been spreading hateful lies in this forum. Need I post links?

What he's saying is still 2nd hand, and that's only if he's not making it up like he blatantly made up the other lies he was spreading in this forum.

By the way, he knows he was proven wrong, yet he won't apologize. What does that tell you about this guy's character? I would be more willing to let it go if he said he was sorry for his hateful lies. It's called taking responsibility for your own actions. Instead, he tries to convince us that other stuff he says is true and not just 2nd hand hearsay. LOL
Old 08-01-2010, 06:08 PM   #189
coclarkson
Banned

Quote:

So when did you talk to these experts? Did you do it by phone? What are their names? May I follow up and talk to them as well?
so you want me to name my sources yet you won't mention the distributor who's supposedly buying empty sportkings boxes...

Quote:
He was already proven beyond a reasonable doubt to have been spreading hateful lies in this forum. Need I post links?
i made a mistake on the jackson cut. i only saw the front of the card and notice i was saying "probably says this on the back". nowhere on the front of the jackson card does it say anything about being the signature of jackson's wife. so i simply didn't know what it said on the back. not a lie, only a mistake.

but again you fail to prove that ali wore the shorts. you keep dancing around the actual topic.
coclarkson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:20 PM   #190
John91C

Mwheeler27 can't PROVE with 100% certainty that the trunks are 100% authentic. Since he can't prove it he is telling people to prove they are fake. What I mean by 100% authentic...show me the documentation from ALI or his representatives showing ALI wore the red trunks. We are the consumers of products...we, as consumers, have a right to know what we are buying. If a consumer is questioning if something is fake or not real it is up to the company to prove they are real. Thus if the company just ignores the buyer when requests are made...the buyers will stop buying the future product.

A prime example of this is the debacle that Toyota is in. Customers complained for awhile about the brake system and faulty sticky accelerator pedal...we all know what happened there. It is up to the company to show the claims of the buyer as false not the buyer proving it. We as consumers want "proof" if something works, thus that is why there are regulatory agencies to prove that the company is selling legit products.

mwheeler27 reminds me of those sleazy guys that sold the miracle cure all product back in the day...trust me folks it works...why because I said so and I'm always right, why would a company lie about their product.

He doesn't have any proof the trunks were worn by Ali...a picture doesn't even prove the trunks in the product are authentic. Just because Mr Price says they are authentic doesn't mean they are...people are now questioning if they are authentic, why is he not stepping up to the plate to show us they are real. Show us the provenance they are real, something concrete from Ali or his representatives showing that they sold fight/training worn trunks to Brian Price, until then mwheeler27 can't prove anything.

Last edited by John91C; 08-01-2010 at 06:24 PM.
John91C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:22 PM   #191
37Jetson

I must have missed this memo....

Quote:
Truth is the only thing that can rebuke Cococlarkson, not your hissy fits. I for one want to know more about the Red Trunks because in my mind this has not been proven one way or the other.

Quote:
What he's saying is still 2nd hand, and that's only if he's not making it up like he blatantly made up the other lies he was spreading in this forum.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:31 PM   #192
VinnyH

Default The can of worms...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
I must have missed this memo....

Truth is the only thing that can rebuke Cococlarkson, not your hissy fits. I for one want to know more about the Red Trunks because in my mind this has not been proven one way or the other.
I saw a shot of red trunks Ali used in training online in an auction a couple of weeks ago. I don't remember the auction site and there are hundreds of auction sites.
My biggest regret is that I didn't bookmark the page and now I haven't been able to find it again. They had the soft felt quality just like the Ringside cards, not the shiny satin material like the actual fight trunks he used at times.

I'm gonna go nuts looking for it again but hopefully if I don't Google the right page someone else will.
Update: I've seen red trunks from his amateur days. He also used red trunks in the Frazier and Bonavena fights so I would think he trained in similar colors although that's not proof. Still looking for the ones I saw.

The challenge is on,
Vinny
I admit, I like collectibles for the action. Buying, selling, prospecting, gambling, etc., are parts of the fun. I will say that being older than many here I just can’t justify sticker autos. Give me a nice on-card auto and I feel that little connection to the signer.

Last edited by VinnyH; 08-01-2010 at 10:13 PM.
VinnyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:20 PM   #193
tonedef2oo8

You guys do know if wheeler could prove anything he would. But he cant so he sticks to the prove they are fake routine, which should make anyone buying this company's mess feel really comfortable. I love how when he jumps in a topps or upper deck topic crying about fake memorabilia he dont have to prove crap but yet when his beloved sk is brought up the burden is on everyone else. Odd isnt it?

Are thet real? Maybe, but I was not the person who brought this up. But I do find it funny how wheeler ducks for cover yet dont address any questions, he makes like he has a point when in reality he has zilch but what his buddy emails him.

Hey wheeler remember when you would say razor was the next big thing and how great of an investment the presidential cuts was? Oh wait that was until you sold it off and switched to the next "great thing". Now you dont like them cause they stole ali from your beloved dinner mate, shows how reputable you are around these parts. Your loyalty lies with your money we see through you. Give it up.

Last edited by tonedef2oo8; 08-01-2010 at 11:25 PM.