Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 04-27-2018, 09:19 PM   #101
TWard
Banned

I’m rooting for the Browns. Hoping they can turn things around.
TWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:20 PM   #102
Jedi1823

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
Where is the gif where Kansas players were petty and didn’t shake his hand before the crotch grab? Context
And the gif of the cheap shot late hit where the KU player was trying to injure Baker?
Jedi1823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:27 PM   #103
majestik101

Winds up being drafted by the Cleveland Browns of Ohio. So I wonder how Ohioans can so quickly forget about this stupid little stunt he pulled at the Horseshoe.

Old 04-27-2018, 09:48 PM   #104
chasacar86

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestik101 View Post
Winds up being drafted by the Cleveland Browns of Ohio. So I wonder how Ohioans can so quickly forget about this stupid little stunt he pulled at the Horseshoe.

I’m an osu alum and I actually kind of liked it when it happened. He won the game fair and square, I know some of the older gentlemen on here aren’t fans of whatever they wanna label it, but he’s always been an underdog to me and I like seeing underdogs succeed. Hope he keeps it up in CLE.
chasacar86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 10:25 PM   #105
TWard
Banned

TWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 10:29 PM   #106
Siberian13

Siberian13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 10:56 PM   #107
deansayso

He's cocky and so was Johnny so they are obviously the same person.

I'll never forget when ISU beat Oklahoma at their house. Wish that guy woulda planted our team flag instead of the state flag
deansayso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 02:51 PM   #108
asujbl

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:

I’ve never cared less about anything ever

And I’m the biggest Ohio State honk on the planet

And we were jerks in Norman after crushing them for what it’s worth
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:25 PM   #109
sonnyday

As a clevelander I hate the pick with a passion. So not all clevelanders love this pick. Just another dumb browns move. Sam Darnold would of been my choice. I would of also rather taken Barkley 1st as well.

I hope mayfield can develop into a good nfl qb, but darnold or Rosen are more nfl ready.

Then we draft Callaway and Simeon Thomas? Really questioning this GM. The locker room is going to be a mess.

Last edited by sonnyday; 04-28-2018 at 09:28 PM.
sonnyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:07 PM   #110
blevins26

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeechQuest View Post
I’m not taking one with the number one pick, ever. Generally I’m not taking one high ever, no matter the hype.

If I want a top-tier RB, I’ll just pay up for one during free agency. If I’m a team I don’t ever want a RB that’s making more than $4M. Only 13 RBs make more than that, so I can pretty much have whatever RB I want. So many things go into making a good RB, that I can pay for a top O-Line and then a $1M RB into a $10M RB and have the added benefit of protecting my QB. I can also just grab a top level RB later in the draft.

Dalvin Cook is 75% cheaper than Fournette. Chubb is going to be roughly 80% cheaper than Barkley, but Barkley won’t produce at a 4x equivalent.

I can recognize that Saquon is an amazing talent, it’s just not a talent that’s needed in today’s NFL and you sure as hell don’t want to pay for it.

First off, your numbers are way off there, at least on Chubb vs. Barkley. Chubb's deal will be about $4M less than Barkley over 4 years. $1M/yr is nothing really.

I agree with you that you have to consider the draft slot $$$ when looking at RB's in the draft. That's they main reason I wanted the Giants to go QB instead of Saquon as I think it screws them up on the salary cap down the road.

On the flip side, you should also consider that if you're Cleveland and you're ok picking the 3rd QB off the board at #4, then taking a prospect as highly rated as Barkley might not be a bad gamble. They already have so many young players and a reasonable veteran QB (Tyrod makes like $15M/yr which is about $5M per year less than most starters) that they're fine on the salary cap.

There's simply no way they avoided Saquon because of cap concerns.

It's more likely that, instead, they went with the idea that if you like a QB enough to take him at #4, then you take him at #1 to make sure you don't lose out on him. In a different timeline, they might have still been able to take Saquon (if the Giants bit on Darnold and the Jets shrugged their shoulders and took Allen/Rosen).
blevins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 10:02 AM   #111
clipperboy24

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
Don’t like Baker because he’s short? Arrogant? Whatever? That’s cool

If you compare him to Manziel you have shown your complete lack of football knowledge

That’s the lazy, casual fan, take

And to be clear I wanted Darnold. I’m not some Mayfield guy.

He’s about as opposite of Manziel as you can get and I hate lazy takes.

It’s calling Darnold the next Matt Leinart just because if College.

Stop.
I opened this thread just to see what snarky, my opinion is above everyone else response you had and you didn’t disappoint.

It’s reasonable for someone to have an opinion different than yours, one day you might come to realize that
Old 04-29-2018, 11:49 AM   #112
mike1498

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipperboy24 View Post
I opened this thread just to see what snarky, my opinion is above everyone else response you had and you didn’t disappoint.

It’s reasonable for someone to have an opinion different than yours, one day you might come to realize that
He isn’t wrong, by making as ignorant of a statement by calling Baker Mayfield Manziel 2.0 you’re going to get a few snarky comments

I’m not saying mayfield will be amazing but even if he doesn’t succeed he will never be on Manziels level for many reasons, a few being Mayfield was actually good in college and he doesn’t have the drug problems manziel has. Yes they were both douches but there’s a whole bunch of douches in the league

Last edited by mike1498; 04-29-2018 at 11:52 AM.
mike1498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 12:01 PM   #113
CC71
Banned - PBM

colt mccoy 2.0
CC71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 12:07 PM   #114
mike1498

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC71 View Post
colt mccoy 2.0
At least this is a fairer comparison if you think he’ll be a bust. Personally I don’t know if Baker Mayfield will be a stud (I think he will but I’m not sure) but he’s nothing near Johnny Manziel
Old 04-29-2018, 12:11 PM   #115
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1498 View Post
He isn’t wrong, by making as ignorant of a statement by calling Baker Mayfield Manziel 2.0 you’re going to get a few snarky comments

I’m not saying mayfield will be amazing but even if he doesn’t succeed he will never be on Manziels level for many reasons, a few being Mayfield was actually good in college and he doesn’t have the drug problems manziel has. Yes they were both douches but there’s a whole bunch of douches in the league
How was Johnny not good in college? You are funny Two different style of QBs too.

In 2 years he was a 69% passer with 7,820 yards and 63 TDs & 22 INTs with 2,169 rushing yards and 30 TDs.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:17 PM   #116
mike1498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian13 View Post
How was Johnny not good in college? You are funny Two different style of QBs too.

In 2 years he was a 69% passer with 7,820 yards and 63 TDs & 22 INTs with 2,169 rushing yards and 30 TDs.
I mean comparative to Baker Mayfield thats nothing....... Mayfields four years in college was 131 TDs and 30 INTs with the same passer rating...

Or if you want to do apples to apples (last two years)

Manziel 63 TDs 22 INT 7,820 yards 68.9%
Mayfield 83 TDS 14 INT 8,592 yards 70.7%

Thats an average of 32 TD 11 INT Season versus an 42 TD 7 INT season

Last edited by mike1498; 04-29-2018 at 12:32 PM.
mike1498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 12:32 PM   #117
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1498 View Post
I mean comparative to Baker Mayfield thats nothing....... Mayfields four years in college was 131 TDs and 30 INTs with the same passer rating...

Or if you want to do apples to apples (last two years)

Manziel 63 TDs 22 INT 7,820 yards 68.9%
Mayfield 83 TDS 14 INT 8,592 yards 70.7%
You said Johnny wasn't good in college. So were you wrong or not? Simple question

You also forgot rushing yards and tds, those count too
Old 04-29-2018, 12:32 PM   #118
majestik101

I will say this in defense of Baker Mayfield. He didn't have anyone quite as good as Mike Evans to throw to during his time at Oklahoma. Dede Westbrook was good, but he's not in Evans' league. I will always make the argument that Mike Evans made Johnny the player he was at Texas A&M. Unfortunately he didn't have a WR as good as him in Cleveland therefore his playing at the pro level suffered as a result. Well, that and his partying. But I'm talking about on the field production.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:41 PM   #119
Siberian13

Quote:
I will say this in defense of Baker Mayfield. He didn't have anyone quite as good as Mike Evans to throw to during his time at Oklahoma. Dede Westbrook was good, but he's not in Evans' league. I will always make the argument that Mike Evans made Johnny the player he was at Texas A&M. Unfortunately he didn't have a WR as good as him in Cleveland therefore his playing at the pro level suffered as a result. Well, that and his partying. But I'm talking about on the field production.
Baker and Johnny both had great college careers. To say Johnny didn't is ignorant
Old 04-29-2018, 12:51 PM   #120
RogerGodahell
Banned

Manziel had an amazing college career. When you add the rushing stats they're eye popping.
RogerGodahell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 12:57 PM   #121
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerGodahell View Post
Manziel had an amazing college career. When you add the rushing stats they're eye popping.
Some lack common sense. I know I do sometimes but not on this
Old 04-29-2018, 01:44 PM   #122
blevins26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian13 View Post
Baker and Johnny both had great college careers. To say Johnny didn't is ignorant
Agreed. And when Johnny was coming out, there were a decent # of people who thought he could overcome the size/playing style/character issues and be a star.

I think Baker beats him on a lot of pro-level aspects of QB (accuracy & game study) but I don't think the comparison is unjustified.
blevins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 02:48 PM   #123
Archangel1775

Quote:

My first thought when I clicked on the video.....it's turf....

My final thought....I was right, nothing got planted....and he ultimately disrespected the flag...allowing it to hit the ground....

Funny actually
Old 04-29-2018, 03:56 PM   #124
asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipperboy24 View Post

Love you.
Old 04-29-2018, 03:58 PM   #125
asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC71 View Post
colt mccoy 2.0
Can you name the 2 players that averaged 60 mph at the combine?

Josh Allen... and... wait for it...

Not Darnold or Rosen