Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #176
RonManci
Banned

How long was he a member here?
Old 12-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #177
iBLeeDBaTTLeReD

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncomanning18 View Post
I am going to be perfectly honest, I was the one completely defending Haiku, he had treated me right and sent me cards that I paid for, but tragedy and the timing of everything and the suspension is very bad. I feel like it is some type of scam and I was 98% in his corner 5 hours ago. I have not been able to sleep trying to process this whole thing out. I maybe an absolute idiot for trusting Haiku, but I really thought he was a nice person and trustworthy. It appears as if I was wrong. I feel like an absolute idiot and like I have been punched in the gut. I dont suppose every member could give me $1 to make up for all the money it appears as if I have lost. I am absolutely crushed
What made you come to this conclusion just five hours later?
Old 12-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #178
crazycards1981

Maybe all his awsome cards were stolen?
Old 12-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #179
chajones
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
Even if PayPal was sent in form of goods your not fully protected,Someone could close their bank account at anytime with PayPal not even knowing.Money could be cleared out and bank account no longer linked making it impossible for a refund.This has happend to me in the past on eBay.I never recieved a few things and just took a refund for granted until Paypal told me I was SOL.

I sure hope everything gets worked out here but I must say this dude "giving" out all of them beats and other stuff was pretty questionable from the jump.This could be the biggest red flag...as others mentioned it's a great scam tactic to build everyone's trust.

Good luck to both parties but this seems like a bad situation...
This is absolutely true! I had a guy rip me off a few years back and paypal could only get back about 25% of my money because his bank account was closed and the transaction was not through Ebay. Things may have changed since then but at one point this was the case.

The thing is also that because at least a few of you paid via gift and all of you purchased mystery lots, he could really send you a box of commons and paypal may decide in his favor. Unlikely, but possible. As for gift, you cannot file a claim. So, just how many people did pay via gift?
Old 12-17-2012, 09:30 AM   #180
danimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonManci View Post
How long was he a member here?
6 months! But he was a great guy!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #181
broncomanning18
Banned

It wasnt suppose to be funny, I am just that pathetic
Old 12-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #182
pierrethomasfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal View Post
Was?!?!?!?!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #183
RonManci
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal View Post
Set you all up for Christmas shopping. He probably made it work in prior years on other sites. Doubt it's the 1st time.

Last edited by RonManci; 12-17-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #184
broncomanning18
Banned

Something just isnt right, and all the signs and other members pointing things out
Old 12-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #185
GetBig14

After reading all of these posts, I really do feel sorry for all that purchased lots off of this guy. I know there isn't any proof as to what is going on but it's pretty obvious to me what happened. My belief is that he used a couple free giveaways and gave a few members great lots to earn everyone's trust (not mine) and when he had the opportunity he did a couple "mystery lot" sale threads and made off with the money. It isn't a couinsidence that the man got suspended after all of this mess. It is more than likely a scam. I know a lot of you back this guy so I hope he comes through for you.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #186
broncomanning18
Banned

I am afraid Getbig14 got it right, I pray to God I am wrong, but I just dont think so
Old 12-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #187
blake03svtf

In the words on Ronlabo....Glad Im a broked!ck and didnt waste my cash on thoses "to good to be true" lot

Good luck in ya'lls fight
Old 12-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #188
hugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
Internet buddies. He made quite a few here during his time.

Then he called me out like trash over nothing. So was he really a real buddy? Did I ever know him? Come on, man.
Do you think him calling you out and getting suspended was a diversionary tactic?
Old 12-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #189
avjp87

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56LightsOut56 View Post
WhoStoleMyBeans....Part II.
damn, that feels like it was years ago dude. that was a cluster f**k too.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:37 AM   #190
danimal

Quote:
Something just isnt right, and all the signs and other members pointing things out
I thought you were his mouthpiece while he was suspended? Did he ever tell you what his personal issues he was going through?

And why would people have to request a refund? Why can't he just process the refund rather than having to have them requested.

That one fact right there tells me this is a flat out scam. If this was really just a misunderstanding he would just log into PayPal and give everyone refunds but the problem is he's probably already pulled the money out of PayPal so there is no money to refund. That is the only reasonable explanation.

Last edited by danimal; 12-17-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #191
broncomanning18
Banned

I was dumb, and trusting, and now I feel like a piece of sh**. It just hit me that things didnt add up, and now all my money is gone. I paid with gift like a moron so I wouldnt hate it if everyone gave me $1. I dont know that there is a worst feeling in the world than the one I have right now
Old 12-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #192
sd_navarre

Really just too good.

Guy runs a beautifully orchestrated scam - really did. Pretty intelligent fella.

Those that paid by gift... seriously? are you really that ignorant?

Thanks for the entertaining morning read.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:42 AM   #193
csmtampa

Can't wait for tnarg to chime in.

Should be an epic post!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:42 AM   #194
calculusdork

Quote:
I was dumb, and trusting, and now I feel like a piece of sh**. It just hit me that things didnt add up, and now all my money is gone. I paid with gift like a moron so I wouldnt hate it if everyone gave me $1. I dont know that there is a worst feeling in the world than the one I have right now
Consider this a very valuable lesson learned ... not that you should never trust anyone, but to make sure you actually know the people you put your trust in.

Everything will be OK. It's only money anyway.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #195
iBLeeDBaTTLeReD

I remember there being a thread made by someone who said they personally know Haiku and thanking him for helping him out with cash or something, can't remember the thread title or profile name though......
Old 12-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #196
jlzinck

Quote:
Please just stop it
Old 12-17-2012, 09:44 AM   #197
NeedChapmans

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_navarre View Post
Really just too good.

Guy runs a beautifully orchestrated scam - really did. Pretty intelligent fella.

Those that paid by gift... seriously? are you really that ignorant?

Thanks for the entertaining morning read.
WOW.

How do I start a petition to have this guy banned from the boards as well? Such cold remarks ... just incredible.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:44 AM   #198
broncomanning18
Banned

yeah, but unfortunately it was all that I had and I feel like I let my wife down
Old 12-17-2012, 09:44 AM   #199
RonManci
Banned

Quote:
Feel for you. I really do. Your out your hard earned cash and worse than that you got screwed by someone that you stuck your neck out for and thought you could trust. Crappy feeling.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:44 AM   #200
vwnut13

Seems pretty textbook.

Join a website.
Give Away Free Stuff.
Gain Trust,Make Friends.
Sell Some Expensive stuff.
Receive Good Feedback.
Sell More Expensive stuff.
Keep Money.

But in then end, he really could just be a person that enjoys giving away expensive stuff and selling expensive things cheap.
Closed Thread