Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

Notices

HOCKEY Post your Hockey Cards Hobby Talk

Old 12-07-2013, 10:27 PM   #251
Nick2317

Saw this post and figured its good reading

I fully support Thornton with what he did, although I do think he should be suspended. 5 games would be enough. Had Orpik dropped earlier he could've avoided the situation.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:34 PM   #252
GoJays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick2317 View Post
Saw this post and figured its good reading

I fully support Thornton with what he did, although I do think he should be suspended. 5 games would be enough. Had Orpik dropped earlier he could've avoided the situation.
You see, there's a reason I didn't post it here! It's because I knew it would get attacked. I've gotten into verbal arguments with your kind before on here, I'd rather not do it again!

Oh well, let the onslaught begin!
Old 12-07-2013, 10:37 PM   #253
Nick2317

My kind ....saying someone getting injured deservedly is assinying man come on .....
Old 12-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #254
JoexBondo

Neal didn't mean to hit Marchand and he needs to be more careful. At least Thornton was contrite and not a lying POS!
Old 12-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #255
ncm7772

Quote:
Your a retard ...go back to licking windows man the world needs you
Please don't use that word in this thread. I have a cousin who has a profound intellictual disability . I don't appreciate that term.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #256
Nick2317

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoexBondo View Post
Neal didn't mean to hit Marchand and he needs to be more careful. At least Thornton was contrite and not a lying POS!
Please tell me how injured Marchand was I missed when he was taken off on the stretcher ...good thing they got him off it for his next shift
Old 12-07-2013, 10:51 PM   #257
ncm7772

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejs23 View Post

1)yep, and they should dress him as needed.

2) if the league doesn't take action, and we end up seeing Boston in the playoffs, he should be ready to go.
1) LOL, yeah right.

2) You serious? League ain't gonna do more than 5 games. I'll bet $ on it.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:51 PM   #258
Nick2317

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
1) LOL, yeah right.

2) You serious? League ain't gonna do more than 5 games. I'll bet $ on it.
How much ya wana bet ...In person hearings are guaranteed League minimum of 6 games
Old 12-07-2013, 10:52 PM   #259
ncm7772

Quote:
good thing they got him off it for his next shift
LOL, like any Pens player would have done anything. Other than Adams and Engelland, there's no toughness without Orpik.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:52 PM   #260
JoexBondo

Quote:
Please tell me how injured Marchand was I missed when he was taken off on the stretcher ...good thing they got him off it for his next shift
How many drinks buddy? You miss that knee conveniently?
Old 12-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #261
ncm7772

Quote:
How much ya wana bet ...In person hearings are guaranteed League minimum of 6 games
I prefer not to bet w/ people who make fun of handicaps.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #262
Nick2317

Quote:
How many drinks buddy? You miss that knee conveniently?
How many drinks Buddy did I say I missed it ...Marchand the innocent rite ...give me a break dude
Old 12-07-2013, 10:56 PM   #263
JoexBondo

Quote:
I prefer not to bet w/ people who make fun of handicaps.
I'll bet you. In person hearings don't guarantee anything. You can only be suspended 6 games or more with an in person hearing.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #264
ncm7772

Wow. I need to not read any articles about this situation. It's really disgusting how many people (not just Bruins fans, which makes it even worse) are saying that Neal's knee was worse (it does warrant a suspension - but c'mon, nowhere close to the maliciousness of Thornton's act), and that what happened to Orpik was deserved because he "dodged a fight". SMDH. A guy wisely doesn't fight, gets a PP for his team, then deserves to be attacked from behind and ambushed in a thug-like manner? Perfect example of why I generally have a negative opinion of the human race.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #265
GoJays

Quote:
Wow. I need to not read any articles about this situation. It's really disgusting how many people (not just Bruins fans, which makes it even worse) are saying that Neal's knee was worse (it does warrant a suspension - but c'mon, nowhere close to the maliciousness of Thornton's act), and that what happened to Orpik was deserved because he "dodged a fight". SMDH. A guy wisely doesn't fight, gets a PP for his team, then deserves to be attacked from behind and ambushed in a thug-like manner? Perfect example of why I generally have a negative opinion of the human race.
PJ Stock of HNIC explained the situation very well. I'll try to find a clip to post here, it explains very well both situations.

I won't get into it too much, but when a player willingly puts a player in a potentially extreme situation (such as a broken neck), then, well...

I will defend Thornton for what he was trying to do. He was trying to stick up for his team after a couple of dangerous situations. He took it too far, and he definitely should be suspended. In my opinion the Neal knee was worse.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #266
ejs23

Quote:
LOL, like any Pens player would have done anything. Other than Adams and Engelland, there's no toughness without Orpik.
hence bringing up an enforcer. how did you miss that point?
ejs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:16 PM   #267
SeanieTheMan

This is why I hate Boston sports teams. They always have so many scummy players. Yeah, let me come up from behind, throw you down to the ground and start throwing shots at your face. Thornton is a punk and a coward. Hope he gets suspended the rest of the season.

This is also why I wish the Pens had an enforcer/tough guy on the team. They have no toughness. I can't even remember the last time they were a tough team. If we had some enforcers, these kind of situations might not happen. Without Orpik, we have no physicality. Does anyone know how long Orpik is out? Hopefully not long, he's my favorite defenseman.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:19 PM   #268
ejs23

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post

I will defend Thornton for what he was trying to do. He was trying to stick up for his team after a couple of dangerous situations. He took it too far, and he definitely should be suspended. In my opinion the Neal knee was worse.
sorry, but there's no reasonable defense for what Thornton did. if he wants to play "the knockout game" let him hit the streets and play it with other thugs.

even if Neal's knee was worse, which it wasn't, that still wouldn't justify Thornton's cowardly move.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:22 PM   #269
ejs23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanieTheMan View Post
This is why I hate Boston sports teams. They always have so many scummy players. Yeah, let me come up from behind, throw you down to the ground and start throwing shots at your face. Thornton is a punk and a coward. Hope he gets suspended the rest of the season.

This is also why I wish the Pens had an enforcer/tough guy on the team. They have no toughness. I can't even remember the last time they were a tough team. If we had some enforcers, these kind of situations might not happen. Without Orpik, we have no physicality. Does anyone know how long Orpik is out? Hopefully not long, he's my favorite defenseman.

it sounds like he's traveling back with the team, so hopefully that's a good sign and it's not too bad. though you have to imagine he'll miss some time.

and you're absolutely right, they have to bring up a tough guy to deal with these types of scumbags... it's worth the roster spot. someone already mentioned Pierre-luc Letrouneau-leblond... even though his name is too long it might be time for him to move up.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:23 PM   #270
Nick2317

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejs23 View Post
sorry, but there's no reasonable defense for what Thornton did. if he wants to play "the knockout game" let him hit the streets and play it with other thugs.

even if Neal's knee was worse, which it wasn't, that still wouldn't justify Thornton's cowardly move.
all the old NHL Hacks that are sticking up for Thornton like Pj Stock,Kelly Chase guys like that (enforcers or scrubs) stick up for him cause that's what they did back in the 90's ....I haven't seen hide nor hair of any even halfway decent player that scored more than 10 goals a year stick up for him even in the least
Old 12-07-2013, 11:58 PM   #271
RedSoxFan28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanieTheMan View Post

Hey Seanie! How was the WS for you? :special: :special:

Orpik was a wus. Thornton challenged him to a fight and he didn't want any part of Thornton.
Thornton wanted to fight Orpik to defend his teammates for what the Pens players did prior(Which is his primary job to protect his teammates) Orpik refused to fight him.
Thornton isn't a scummy or cheap player. Was that play on Orpik cheap? Yeah it was, but judging Thornton on that one play? Come on.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:26 AM   #272
HeyFitzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
Hey Seanie! How was the WS for you? :special: :special:

Orpik was a wus. Thornton challenged him to a fight and he didn't want any part of Thornton.
Thornton wanted to fight Orpik to defend his teammates for what the Pens players did prior(Which is his primary job to protect his teammates) Orpik refused to fight him.
Thornton isn't a scummy or cheap player. Was that play on Orpik cheap? Yeah it was, but judging Thornton on that one play? Come on.
Orpik is a wus for not fighting, ok. That makes total sense because if you think about it Orpik was the bigger man in that situation and NOT stooping down to Thornton's scumbag level.

You can easily judge a player on one play. It was dirty, it was cheap, it was a coward move and it was a CRIME.

So Bertuzzi shouldn't be judged by that cheap shot on Moore should he?

That moment forward in Thornton's career he will be remembered by what he did to Orpik. He is SCUM. He is now in the likes of Bertuzzi and even Gillies.

There is NO PLACE in the NHL for this crap. To think Boston fans are even defending what Thornton did is a complete joke in itself.

What if Orpik did that to Thornton? You would be acting the EXACT same way all of Pittsburgh and the rest of the country is.

HE IS A COWARD. HE IS SCUM.

BAN HIM INDEFINITELY.
HeyFitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:33 AM   #273
JoexBondo

Hahaha. Your team employed the NHL's biggest scumbag for years (Cooke)and NOW you want to complain?!? Love you delusional Pens fans!
Old 12-08-2013, 12:41 AM   #274
RedSoxFan28

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyFitzy View Post
Orpik is a wus for not fighting, ok. That makes total sense because if you think about it Orpik was the bigger man in that situation and NOT stooping down to Thornton's scumbag level.

You can easily judge a player on one play. It was dirty, it was cheap, it was a coward move and it was a CRIME.

So Bertuzzi shouldn't be judged by that cheap shot on Moore should he?

That moment forward in Thornton's career he will be remembered by what he did to Orpik. He is SCUM. He is now in the likes of Bertuzzi and even Gillies.

There is NO PLACE in the NHL for this crap. To think Boston fans are even defending what Thornton did is a complete joke in itself.

What if Orpik did that to Thornton? You would be acting the EXACT same way all of Pittsburgh and the rest of the country is.

HE IS A COWARD. HE IS SCUM.

BAN HIM INDEFINITELY.
Pens players can do dirty/cheap shots, but when a Bruins players asks to fight they refuse to? Which that fight, if Orpik agreed to, would have settled the whole thing on Thornton and the Bruins behalf, (can't guarantee anything for the Pens.)
Found this post on an article about this
"I’m not a Bruins fan. If the Pens are gonna dish out fly-by knees to the head on opposing players they’re gonna have to answer for it.
Orpik is a cheapshot artist and regularly knee on knees players. Neal intentionally knees Marchand in the head while he’s down. And then the Pens do what they always do….hide behind the refs and run their mouths.
If you’re gonna try to play dirty with a team like Boston you better be able to back it up."
Old 12-08-2013, 12:45 AM   #275
GoJays

Quote:
Hahaha. Your team employed the NHL's biggest scumbag for years (Cooke)and NOW you want to complain?!? Love you delusional Pens fans!
Those were all ACCIDENTS, he didn't mean them. And even if they weren't, he changed his ways, he's not the same player. Completely different scenario.

(I'm being sarcastic, I actually agree with you, although you have to come to expect this from the majority of Pens fans. Some are pretty cool, but most will defend players like Cooke and plays like the Neal knee tooth-and-nail, but are quick to condemn players like Thornton. Seems a little hypocritical, if you ask me, but whatever, I just hope the right decision is made, and Neal is given a lengthy suspension. Thornton deserves one as well, as does Orpik in my opinion, but Neal deserves the largest suspension).