Blowout Cards Forums
2017 black Friday wave 9

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > GAMING

Notices

GAMING Post Your Gaming Cards Hobby Talk

Old 01-23-2017, 01:35 PM   #1
Soxrule111

Default ***Official Pokemon TCG Online Discussion***

Anyone here play the online TCG? Boosters come with 1 code pack. I have an account, but haven't logged in a long while lol.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:53 PM   #2
smalltown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxrule111 View Post
Anyone here play the online TCG? Boosters come with 1 code pack. I have an account, but haven't logged in a long while lol.
I'm thinking of signing up to learn how to play. I have a pile of code cards hear. Flip Flopping between redeeming them and selling them.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:29 PM   #3
Soxrule111

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltown View Post
I'm thinking of signing up to learn how to play. I have a pile of code cards hear. Flip Flopping between redeeming them and selling them.
Same. I keep thinking sell for easy money. But then I'm like do I write up 300 codes, or send them.what if they say already redeemed. Do I want to deal with issues.

I traded like 10 on a different site for some items to a different game, might just do that.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:54 PM   #4
sengman

I play the game online. People usually buy these codes to redeem for packs and then trade those packs for individual cards. Sometimes, you can pull nice full art and secret rares online and sell those virtual cards on eBay and then trade it to the buyer...
sengman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 02:33 PM   #5
Divino

I learned how to play a few months ago, and it's a lot of fun. I only use the pre-made decks, and the ones you can buy with coins tho.

I haven't put together any decks with EX pokemon yet. Not brave enough!

PC: Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 03:01 PM   #6
sengman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divino View Post
I learned how to play a few months ago, and it's a lot of fun. I only use the pre-made decks, and the ones you can buy with coins tho.

I haven't put together any decks with EX pokemon yet. Not brave enough!
EX decks are the norm now but there are a few brave souls that have a full non ex deck with pokemon that counters EX pokemon. There's way more strategy than people think.

Plus, sanctioned tournaments, will not allow you to modify decks once you register. So you must take that in account when you make a tournament deck.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:22 PM   #7
Soxrule111

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengman View Post
EX decks are the norm now but there are a few brave souls that have a full non ex deck with pokemon that counters EX pokemon. There's way more strategy than people think.

Plus, sanctioned tournaments, will not allow you to modify decks once you register. So you must take that in account when you make a tournament deck.
Do they host online tournaments?

Always interesting to me to see how deep things get like this. People easily spend $1000+ on there accounts. just crazy.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:31 PM   #8
sengman

Quote:
Do they host online tournaments?

Always interesting to me to see how deep things get like this. People easily spend $1000+ on there accounts. just crazy.
there are small tournaments all the time that will require coins or tickets which can be earned. you win booster packs that you can open or trade. I believe you have to sign up for a pokemon play id to be able to acquire VS points everytime you play. There's a running leaderboard for both online and offline competitive play.

Not sure what the requirement is for online play but after so many points you can qualify for regional championship, national, and world.

Purse for TCG offline is 10k at nationals to first and 25k at world championship for first. Pretty sure it's similar for online play too but not sure what the purse is like.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:39 PM   #9
Soxrule111

Quote:
there are small tournaments all the time that will require coins or tickets which can be earned. you win booster packs that you can open or trade. I believe you have to sign up for a pokemon play id to be able to acquire VS points everytime you play. There's a running leaderboard for both online and offline competitive play.

Not sure what the requirement is for online play but after so many points you can qualify for regional championship, national, and world.

Purse for TCG offline is 10k at nationals to first and 25k at world championship for first. Pretty sure it's similar for online play too but not sure what the purse is like.

This I know, insane. I watched like the 2014 World Champions on youtube lol. Dude straight up folded after 2 turns like nope lol.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:48 PM   #10
doobypenguin

wow that's interesting i'm probably sitting on about 250 of these codes... i would actually like to learn how to play this game though
Old 01-30-2017, 07:49 PM   #11
LBSB333

I started playing to learn how to play the real game and teach the kids about it. Definitely more complicated than I thought! I've made a couple of decks that aren't too bad. Everyone once in a while, I run into sometime that just destroys me though. That's how I learned that EX isn't a guaranteed win. There's some cards like Regice and Carbink that can resist damage from all EX Pokemon.

Opening packs online is fun too. We've pulled some nice EX cards like Shaymin EX, Kyorge EX and Dragonite EX.
"He went from sacking quarterbacks to tackling crime" - NFL Superpro #1
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/comicbookjunkie/
LBSB333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:27 AM   #12
sengman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBSB333 View Post
I started playing to learn how to play the real game and teach the kids about it. Definitely more complicated than I thought! I've made a couple of decks that aren't too bad. Everyone once in a while, I run into sometime that just destroys me though. That's how I learned that EX isn't a guaranteed win. There's some cards like Regice and Carbink that can resist damage from all EX Pokemon.

Opening packs online is fun too. We've pulled some nice EX cards like Shaymin EX, Kyorge EX and Dragonite EX.
Yea, going against an anti ex deck with a full ex deck is a hard matchup. Trying to be balanced to counter those ex decks makes you lose power when you face another full ex deck. Having a anti ex deck also makes it hard when you go against break decks with no ex...

It can be frustating! Fun game though.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:13 PM   #13
Soxrule111

Quote:
Yea, going against an anti ex deck with a full ex deck is a hard matchup. Trying to be balanced to counter those ex decks makes you lose power when you face another full ex deck. Having a anti ex deck also makes it hard when you go against break decks with no ex...

It can be frustating! Fun game though.
Thats the joy for me, how many decks can you "Carry" at a time? Just one?

I play the OG Base, Fossil, Jungle with a buddy of mine. Its our Drinking game in the summer. So we both have like 5 decks, so we can switch out when we get bored.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:12 AM   #14
Divino

I received one pack of Roaring Skies from one of my daily challenges last night. Opened it up.... Shaymin EX Full art. Couldn't believe it! These things are bringing in crazy value right now!

Old 02-08-2017, 06:46 PM   #15
thermo8

Hey guys, i'm a total noob to the current Pokemon stuff right now and was wondering if you guys could help me out. is there a price guide online, or anything that could tell you values of the cards? My kids pull doubles and stuff, and some older kids/ dealers want to buy it from them, but i just don't know if they are getting what they should in trade value for them (my kids are 5 & 8), and other than trying to look up on ebay what they have and seeing the going prices, is there just one place that pretty much lists values of the cards like beckett does with sportscards? Thanks.
thermo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:24 PM   #16
smalltown

I'm fairly new to this too with my son. eBay is the easiest. But a rule of thumb my 5 year old uses is:

Plain Base < Reverse Holo < Holo < ex/gx

This is easy enough for him to remember. He only takes Base to school and friends. The value outside a few holos (charizard comes to mind) is generally in the ex/gx cards.

There are various online price guides but don't find them all that accurate. Maybe someone on here has a good site to reference.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:28 AM   #17
sengman

Opened up my 7 prerelease code packs and got a Lapras GX and a secret rare ultra ball. Sold the ultra ball via eBay for $30. Sun and Moon has been good to me but now after some loose packs, i feel like, my luck has run dry.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:13 PM   #18
Soxrule111

Thinking about starting up the TCG Again, figure I never sold my codes, might as well use them.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:16 PM   #19
Divino

Quote:
Thinking about starting up the TCG Again, figure I never sold my codes, might as well use them.
If you've got any Guardians Rising, I'd be interested. I actually just started playing recently again, trying to make my own decks.

Old 09-13-2017, 12:17 PM   #20
Soxrule111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divino View Post
If you've got any Guardians Rising, I'd be interested. I actually just started playing recently again, trying to make my own decks.
I don't think I do, but Ill try to take a look this weekend.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:28 PM   #21
ThoseBackPages

man, i missed this thread

i am totally addicted to playing right now! LOL

ive never played the physical game, but with all the damage counters, energy cards and coin flipping, i'd imagine the table can get messy! LOL

PSA
ThoseBackPages is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:01 PM   #22
Dobber2330

Guardians Rising is big because to play well you need to have at least two TapuLele in most decks.

A lot of decks run 3 of them but at least two is a must.

If anyone has extra LeLe's let me know - I can work a decent trade for them on the site
Please note - I do not PM people who have interest in cards as very few people ever return such PM's. All cards are for sale and if you are interested in anything please feel free to send over a PM with an offer. PM's that say, "How much is XXX" or "What is your best price on XXX" without an offer will not be returned.
Dobber2330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:16 PM   #23
Soxrule111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobber2330 View Post
Guardians Rising is big because to play well you need to have at least two TapuLele in most decks.

A lot of decks run 3 of them but at least two is a must.

If anyone has extra LeLe's let me know - I can work a decent trade for them on the site
Crazy, those go for $10-$15 on ebay.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:53 PM   #24
Dobber2330

Quote:
Crazy, those go for $10-$15 on ebay.
For the digital ones. The real live cards are closer to $50.
Please note - I do not PM people who have interest in cards as very few people ever return such PM's. All cards are for sale and if you are interested in anything please feel free to send over a PM with an offer. PM's that say, "How much is XXX" or "What is your best price on XXX" without an offer will not be returned.
Dobber2330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 03:37 PM   #25
Soxrule111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobber2330 View Post
For the digital ones. The real live cards are closer to $50.
True, but the physical cards I understand more. I could never pay $15 for a Pokémon to be added to my Pokémon Go account lol, just seems odd to me.

But, yea the SR Ultra balls brought some money and the Shaymins as well for a while there.