BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 10-09-2012, 11:31 PM   #1
neema

Default Im so lucky.... 700 dollar package lost not insured

Ok so I sent out this to nadeauman33
Guerrieri Purple 06/10 BGS 9.5/10
Guerrieri Orange 06/25 BGS 9.5/10
Guerrieri Gold Chrome raw auto
The cool thing from all this is if those cards ever show up I would know they were mine since they are serial numbered 06, REAL COOL RIGHT>?
It was not insured, but had DC and Sig Confirmation.
The issue was that the item was brought to his address but then was returned to the Post Office on his request so he can pick it up there. Sure enough the item goes missing during that transition. Now the Post Office states it is lost or Stolen. Is there anything I can do?
Here is the Tracking info
9402 1096 9993 8176 0020 38
neema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:34 PM   #2
freeman2jackson
Banned

PO will try to weasel out of responsibility for the package because it was not insured. You pay for tracking that means you pay for a service, if the service isn't provided they should be 100% responsible
freeman2jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:35 PM   #3
Tugarpj

Sounds to me like it is his problem and not yours. He requested it be returned to the po. You shipped and technically he could have chosen to receive. The post office should assume responsibility but they try not to whenever possible. Fight with them and don't take no from the first person that says it. Ask for the next person up the chain.
Tugarpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:36 PM   #4
ballahollic2

PO will never help without insurance and will find every way out of it. That is horrible
ballahollic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:38 PM   #5
neema

Yeah I figure it is all his fault cause it was lost at that point. Also think that I can do something since I paid for Signature confirmation and it was never signed for so I feel like I should be able to sue them IDK. I obviously can't sue them, but there has to be something....If they are being jerks, like I know they will.

Last edited by neema; 10-09-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:41 PM   #6
freeman2jackson
Banned

Sounds to me like it disappeared on purpose. Maybe between the buyer and the carrier made it disappear since they knew it wasn't insured???
freeman2jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:44 PM   #7
Trueduckfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballahollic2 View Post
PO will never help without insurance and will find every way out of it. That is horrible
Thats a government run agency for you. And 48% or more of U.S wants more government interferance w/the private sector. I hope you get taken care of fairly. Keep fighting it.
Trueduckfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:46 PM   #8
THE(NEXT)LEVEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugarpj View Post
Sounds to me like it is his problem and not yours. He requested it be returned to the po. You shipped and technically he could have chosen to receive. The post office should assume responsibility but they try not to whenever possible. Fight with them and don't take no from the first person that says it. Ask for the next person up the chain.
What if he wasn't home to sign(maybe working), so he wrote on a notification that the postman may have left, to just return it to the PO, so he can pick it up.
THE(NEXT)LEVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:46 PM   #9
fitch123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueduckfan View Post
Thats a government run agency for you. And 48% or more of U.S wants more government interferance w/the private sector.

Nice. Way to spin politics into it!

Side note: yeah lets just let the "invisible hand" guide the market, that turned out real well for us

@ OP: Not sure that it is the buyers fault here. Its definitely the PO's fault if I'm reading this right. Does seem like some type of shenanigans are going on, but its not possible to prove the value of your package without insurance, unfortunately.

Last edited by fitch123; 10-09-2012 at 11:49 PM.
fitch123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:46 PM   #10
thescout

Quote:
Originally Posted by neema View Post
Ok so I sent out this to nadeauman33
Guerrieri Purple 06/10 BGS 9.5/10
Guerrieri Orange 06/25 BGS 9.5/10
Guerrieri Gold Chrome raw auto
The cool thing from all this is if those cards ever show up I would know they were mine since they are serial numbered 06, REAL COOL RIGHT>?
It was not insured, but had DC and Sig Confirmation.
The issue was that the item was brought to his address but then was returned to the Post Office on his request so he can pick it up there. Sure enough the item goes missing during that transition. Now the Post Office states it is lost or Stolen. Is there anything I can do?
Here is the Tracking info
9402 1096 9993 8176 0020 38
I'm confused by the "returned" on his request. You mean they just left the sign card in his mailbox and then he never actually went to get it? If he didn't sign for it and it never made it back to the PO then yes that is ridiculous. I'm am personally appalled and hurt at the loss of my former orange beauty, 6/25

DAMN I NEED TO CLEAN MY SCANNER
thescout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:50 PM   #11
neema

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescout View Post
I'm confused by the "returned" on his request. You mean they just left the sign card in his mailbox and then he never actually went to get it? If he didn't sign for it and it never made it back to the PO then yes that is ridiculous. I'm am personally appalled and hurt at the loss of my former orange beauty, 6/25

No, apparently he was afraid of his wife finding out what he spent on the cards. Not sure a package coming would mean he spent tons of money. But he called the post office and had them return the package and have it available at the PO for him to pick it up. My problem is I wanted the item sent to his house, yet they worked with him to have it available at the PO instead. But it is missing now, and he said it was never at the PO.

Last edited by neema; 10-10-2012 at 12:10 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:53 PM   #12
fitch123

Quote:
No, apparently he was afraid of his wife finding out what he spent on the cards. Not sure a package coming would mean he spent tons of money. But he called the post office and had them return the package and not even attempt the delivery to his house but instead have it available at the PO for him to pick it up. My problem is I wanted to item sent to his house, yet they worked with him to have it available at the PO instead. But it is missing now, and he said it was never at the PO.
This isn't always possible.

Whenever I get items sent to me that require signature confirmation , I'm generally not home (the postal workers always come in the middle of the work day) so I have to go to the PO to pick it up.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:54 PM   #13
tmoore_25

I too am fuzzy on the returned to the post office at his request. Did he tell you this? I only ask because I had a card that showed up on the tracking website as out for delivery at about 10 am. By 11 pm that night, the card still had not been delivered. Even made a thread about it on here. Oddly enough the card showed up in my mailbox the next day. Just saying. It may be delivered tomorrow and all problems solved.

****Never mind. You posted your response as I was typing mine. At this point, I would definately say it was his fault. If my 700 dollar package comes anywhere near my hands it's not getting away. Be damned what the wife thinks. Mine doesn't know jack about cards and I will keep it that way if at all possible. Hopefully it is found at the post office after being misplaced somewhere. I don't see them delivering it to another address unless they mistakenly thought he said return it and it ends up back at your house. Think positive. Keep us updated.

Topps Flagship and Topps Chrome Photo Variations

Last edited by tmoore_25; 10-09-2012 at 11:59 PM.
tmoore_25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:54 PM   #14
neema

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitch123 View Post
This isn't always possible.

Whenever I get items sent to me that require signature confirmation , I'm generally not home (the postal workers always come in the middle of the work day) so I have to go to the PO to pick it up.
Maybe I misunderstood him... I thought he said he was having it sent for pick up at the PO

Last edited by neema; 10-09-2012 at 11:59 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:55 PM   #15
neema

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoore_25 View Post
I too am fuzzy on the returned to the post office at his request. Did he tell you this? I only ask because I had a card that showed up on the tracking website as out for delivery at about 10 am. By 11 pm that night, the card still had not been delivered. Even made a thread about it on here. Oddly enough the card showed up in my mailbox the next day. Just saying. It may be delivered tomorrow and all problems solved.
It has been a week. refresh the DC number if it says error and it will come up as out for delivery since the 2nd.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:56 PM   #16
mikecamp99

Quote:
No, apparently he was afraid of his wife finding out what he spent on the cards. Not sure a package coming would mean he spent tons of money. But he called the post office and had them return the package and not even attempt the delivery to his house but instead have it available at the PO for him to pick it up. My problem is I wanted to item sent to his house, yet they worked with him to have it available at the PO instead. But it is missing now, and he said it was never at the PO.
Unfortunately if the recipient requests for the delivery company to hold onto the item for pickup, whether it be USPS, UPS, etc., they will almost always go with their request, even if it is over the phone. The work I do deals with packages on a daily basis where a lot of people will contact UPS to refuse a delivery or setup a pickup because they won't be home.

Sorry man, I really hope this shows up for you. I would S my P's if this was happening to me.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:29 AM   #17
Carrbeaz

Why don't pepople insure things like this.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:32 AM   #18
californiakron

Sorry to hear the bad news, I'm sure you'll use insurance in the future to avoid this exact situation. It blows that he refused delivery/wasn't home/had P.O. hold package, and blame could be placed on him. Unfortunately the bottom line is if he payed with paypal goods you are going to be out of the cards and money shortly.

I hope it turns up, and badger the post office as much as possible. Call the local branch where the package was last seen and speak with the postmaster. Hopefully they can get to the bottom of this.
californiakron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:49 AM   #19
Greengoblin782

What was your reasoning for not sending a package worth $700.00 without insurance?
Greengoblin782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:51 AM   #20
The Chad

This is the exact reason I insure anything over $100. Wether it be the post offices fault, recipients fault, anyones fault, Ill pay the extra bucks to make sure that I have the money that is mine.

Hope it turns up man, but either way let it be a lesson learned to use insurance!
Follow me on Instagram: ispendtoomuchoncards
The Chad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:27 AM   #21
rudyjustinfarrell

Well, if you are lucky you will find your package back in YOUR mailbox in a few weeks. Good luck though.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:06 AM   #22
hohlernr

Something seems fishy on the buyers end.
hohlernr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:00 AM   #23
johnm021

You know what's strange is the fact that I checked one of my DC# and it says it was out for delivery yesterday and required signature confirmation, but a notice wasn't even left since I wasn't home. Just checked it again this morning and all it says is out for delivery as of yesterday morning. I'm really hoping my package didn't get lost as well and instead my mailman was just too lazy to fill out the slip and is gonna try to deliver it again today... but in the past he has always filled out the slip.

This seems to apparently be a common problem with the post office this week for some reason
johnm021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:04 AM   #24
Prospect Rush
Banned

- You didn't insure it.
- Wasn't Delivered
- Your Screwed
Prospect Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:05 AM   #25
Prospect Rush
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnm021 View Post
You know what's strange is the fact that I checked one of my DC# and it says it was out for delivery yesterday and required signature confirmation, but a notice wasn't even left since I wasn't home. Just checked it again this morning and all it says is out for delivery as of yesterday morning. I'm really hoping my package didn't get lost as well and instead my mailman was just too lazy to fill out the slip and is gonna try to deliver it again today... but in the past he has always filled out the slip.

This seems to apparently be a common problem with the post office this week for some reason
The last line is something somebody who knows whats going to happen writes...
Prospect Rush is offline   Reply With Quote