Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Mad

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > GRADING

Notices

GRADING For all grading talk - PSA, BGS, SGC, etc

Old 11-16-2018, 01:50 PM   #1
arod305

Default BGS No Sub Grade Thoughts?

Just curious what everyone's opinion on this is? I have about 70 cards I was going to submit (all chrome) seems to be a pretty decent price. I'll prob do min. 9.5 grade. Wanted to know what everyone's opinion was so far on the service if they'd used it?
arod305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 01:53 PM   #2
messier2

Quote:
Originally Posted by arod305 View Post
Just curious what everyone's opinion on this is? I have about 70 cards I was going to submit (all chrome) seems to be a pretty decent price. I'll prob do min. 9.5 grade. Wanted to know what everyone's opinion was so far on the service if they'd used it?
Never used it, and will never use it.

People like seeing subs...you get a premium for "true 9.5's". So, I always sub with subgrades.
messier2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:16 PM   #3
arod305

Quote:
Originally Posted by messier2 View Post
Never used it, and will never use it.

People like seeing subs...you get a premium for "true 9.5's". So, I always sub with subgrades.
Good point.. I guess it maybe good if you're looking for a quick turnaround on say cards under $50?
Old 11-16-2018, 02:18 PM   #4
tier1dc

don't like them at all. makes the slabs look incomplete.
tier1dc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:20 PM   #5
messier2

Quote:
Good point.. I guess it maybe good if you're looking for a quick turnaround on say cards under $50?
That's what separates BGS from PSA...the subgrades. If you slab it without...it's just not "complete".
messier2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:22 PM   #6
gonygo

Just looks and seems odd if their aren’t sub grades. Guess it’s what we’re all just used to.
*To prevent potential problems-I will be more selective with whom I choose to sell to and/or trade with. Regardless If someone should post in any of my B/S/T threads or PM me about buying or trading for any of my cards etc. Also, if interested in buying a card or other, please lmk if you are located outside of the U.S. (re:shipping & handling charges)
gonygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:47 PM   #7
arod305

Appreciate the thoughts, I guess I'll develop some patience and just send the lower end stuff to PSA @ 65 day for about same cost.

$100+ stuff will go to bgs
Old 11-16-2018, 11:27 PM   #8
dictoresno

the non subgrades cards usually sell for less vs one with subgrades. not to mention, first thing people assume is theres a subgrade you know would be very low and trying to hide something.

on the flip side, I was able to buy a no subs BGS 9.5 card for like $23 and crossed it to a PSA 10, quadrupling its value.
dictoresno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:26 PM   #9
cafenjl

Quote:
Appreciate the thoughts, I guess I'll develop some patience and just send the lower end stuff to PSA @ 65 day for about same cost.

$100+ stuff will go to bgs
Personally, I do lower-end cards at SGC. Cheaper, faster turnaround and better customer service. The ROI isn't as high. But, 90% of my SGC cards are for my personal collection and I'll never sell them. Anyway - just my 2 cents.
cafenjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 12:07 AM   #10
ih8ca

The reminds me of a more expensive bccg service. I feel they are going to fly through the cards and put loose grades on them.
ih8ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 12:09 AM   #11
ih8ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafenjl View Post
Personally, I do lower-end cards at SGC. Cheaper, faster turnaround and better customer service. The ROI isn't as high. But, 90% of my SGC cards are for my personal collection and I'll never sell them. Anyway - just my 2 cents.
I have been doing very well on blue chip 1980s and 1990s sgc cards. I just send them another batch of cards. I feel the more stuff on the market the more the value will increase. Right now it's too difficult to determine the value.
ih8ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 08:15 PM   #12
cafenjl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8ca View Post
I have been doing very well on blue chip 1980s and 1990s sgc cards. I just send them another batch of cards. I feel the more stuff on the market the more the value will increase. Right now it's too difficult to determine the value.
I keep hoping. But, I think they still need to upgrade their other services, i.e. registry. I'm no expert, but I've learned graded collectors like everything that goes along with the cases and grades. And a registry is a big part of that. (anyone who does this more than me, feel free to disagree or agree)
cafenjl is offline   Reply With Quote