Blowout Cards Forums
April Showers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > WWE & WRESTLING

Notices

WWE & WRESTLING Post your WWE/Wrestling Cards Hobby Talk

Old 07-16-2018, 10:06 PM   #33201
DaKidder

So Roman vs Lashley...winner gets Brock at Summerslam......whoop dee freakin doo

I could not be LESS interested in this feud/story/angle. Here's hoping the rest of the card is solid (Bliss/Rousey is a decent start)
Old 07-16-2018, 10:21 PM   #33202
Wolves4Life

Reigns vs Brock vs Bob will be a great triple threat. Anyone who says otherwise is just being in denial.
Wolves4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:58 PM   #33203
jazz1232dc

Miz won the celebrity softball game MVP. He better bring that trophy to Smackdown tomorrow night.
jazz1232dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:54 PM   #33204
BoxBreaker72

Bad. WWE in a horrific slump.
BoxBreaker72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 07:25 AM   #33205
mnvikingstwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBreaker72 View Post
Far cry from when Punk/Cena was the big summer angle they normally have. Reigns Lesnar has gone on far too long and yet the IC title still doesn't seem to mean much and the universal title completely meaningless
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:34 AM   #33206
jrg1128

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Far cry from when Punk/Cena was the big summer angle they normally have. Reigns Lesnar has gone on far too long and yet the IC title still doesn't seem to mean much and the universal title completely meaningless
The only time the IC title has been relevant the past couple years is when The Miz had it. People can hate him all they want but he's a good wrestler, best on the mic, and a great champion. He gives people a reason to watch Raw/Smackdown and WWE would be smart to put another title on him, or at least put him in a major feud.
jrg1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:37 AM   #33207
LC2nine10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrg1128 View Post
The only time the IC title has been relevant the past couple years is when The Miz had it. People can hate him all they want but he's a good wrestler, best on the mic, and a great champion. He gives people a reason to watch Raw/Smackdown and WWE would be smart to put another title on him, or at least put him in a major feud.
+1
He is the guy everyone loves to hate. He understands how to draw heat, but not have ACTUAL hate come his way.

And yes, brock vs Roman will be BAD. Lashley feels like he's being wasted. I'm not a fan of his really, but all the excitme t of him returning feels wasted.
LC2nine10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:07 AM   #33208
no10pin

What they have done with the main title on Raw is just insane. I get that they are generating heat for Lesnar and trying to somehow make Reigns a babyface champ, but there are other ways to do it without the champ just disappearing for months at a time.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:14 PM   #33209
mikecamp99

Well WWE, you did it. You killed your biggest attraction. And no, it isn't that the fans boo Lesnar now because he's a heel and people want to see someone beat him. No, WWE was able to create GO AWAY heat on their biggest star.

Yes, I get it, not everyone's cup of tea was Lesnar being champ. But let's be real for a minute. The biggest name in the company recognized outside of the WWE, besides maybe John Cena, is Brock Lesnar. People know who he is, and is considered a draw and attraction. Not everyone cared for his matches and hated the idea of him only making appearances here and there, but let's be real again, when he showed up he got a BIG reaction. People looked forward to seeing him appear and his matches, they drew and people wanted to see him. Like him or not, he was a big star.

Now, people don't want to see him at all. It's not that they want him to lose, evidence of last night when people booed not stripping Lesnar. No one cares about this match at SummerSlam. And with everyone already knowing it's going to be Reigns in the picture, it will be crapped on even more, especially in the New York Market. Remember Goldberg vs. Lesnar at WM 20? Yea, we can probably expect something similar.

And please, PLEASE! Keep Lashley out of that match. It benefits him none whatsoever to be in a match with two guys nobody wants to see anymore. Nothing can save this match, outside of if Seth Rollins were going to be in it as people love Rollins right now. Outside of that, this match will be crapped on immensely, and Lashley can't do anything to help it. Even if he won, fans won't really care until the 3 count because most people assume Roman is winning. The only thing that could possibly send the fans home happy is Roman winning and then Braun cashing in. The roof may as well blow off the building if Braun's music hits after the 3 fall. What would be even better is if Lesnar wins (as fans would absolutely lose it then) and then Braun comes out for the pin. That may actually get even more over than Roman winning the match.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:41 PM   #33210
Jericho

They just needed to do Lashley vs Lesnar. But no they'll end up doing a 3way no doubt. Roman shouldnt even be in that match. Its Lashley's time to be champion, sadly WWE will keep it on Lesnar probably or maybe have Braun cash in on him.
Jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:49 PM   #33211
celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolves4Life View Post
Reigns vs Brock vs Bob will be a great triple threat. Anyone who says otherwise is just being in denial.
I think everyone on this board other than you is in denial then.
celtics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:38 PM   #33212
HomeRun9000

The product is so bad right now that I can barely stomach watching highlights on Youtube...I can't imagine sitting down to watch a full Raw or Smackdown anymore.
HomeRun9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:49 PM   #33213
jmarascojr

It doesn't matter if it's Reigns/Lesnar or Reigns/Lesnar/Lashley...

Reigns is gonna win and Strowman is cashing in...

They'd burn that place down if Reigns walked out with the belt...
jmarascojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 03:38 PM   #33214
jazz1232dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeRun9000 View Post
The product is so bad right now that I can barely stomach watching highlights on Youtube...I can't imagine sitting down to watch a full Raw or Smackdown anymore.
Raw was actually ok last night.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:35 PM   #33215
Lklk52

Any Chance Vince sees this as the Time to put the belt on an African American, he just brought Hogan back into WWE after the Racist comments he made. I think he may let Lashly have a title run because of the backlash..
Lklk52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:01 AM   #33216
danhardyufc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBreaker72 View Post
It’s not just WWE. Ring of Honor has been terrible since Adam Cole left. New Japan has lost a lot of its luster over the past year. It’s not as amazing as everyone makes it out to be. Most of their events are very difficult to get through. The only consistently good wrestling promotion over the past few years is Progress.
danhardyufc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:29 AM   #33217
jazz1232dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhardyufc View Post
It’s not just WWE. Ring of Honor has been terrible since Adam Cole left. New Japan has lost a lot of its luster over the past year. It’s not as amazing as everyone makes it out to be. Most of their events are very difficult to get through. The only consistently good wrestling promotion over the past few years is Progress.
I have to disagree with ROH. I've enjoyed ROH more over the past few months than I have within the past couple years.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:52 AM   #33218
danhardyufc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz1232dc View Post
I have to disagree with ROH. I've enjoyed ROH more over the past few months than I have within the past couple years.
Interesting... I feel the complete opposite. Last month’s “Best in the World” PPV was the first ROH PPV that I have skipped in the past 3 years. To me, the quality of matches has gone down and they have gotten very sloppy. Their lack of true main-event stars kills it too. Outside of Cody, Lethal, and Marty Scurll somewhat, who is a legit headliner right now? Matt Taven should be in that level, but his talent is being wasted in the 6-man tag title scene.
danhardyufc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 01:32 PM   #33219
jmarascojr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lklk52 View Post
Any Chance Vince sees this as the Time to put the belt on an African American, he just brought Hogan back into WWE after the Racist comments he made. I think he may let Lashly have a title run because of the backlash..
Read something online that this is definitely a possibility for SummerSlam now...

Somehow Hogan gets involved as a special enforcer or guest referee.

Lesnar/Reigns/Lashley, 3 way dance for the title, Lashley wins and Hogan raises his hand as the first African American WWE Universal Champion

jmarascojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:20 PM   #33220
mnvikingstwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarascojr View Post
Read something online that this is definitely a possibility for SummerSlam now...

Somehow Hogan gets involved as a special enforcer or guest referee.

Lesnar/Reigns/Lashley, 3 way dance for the title, Lashley wins and Hogan raises his hand as the first African American WWE Universal Champion

Vince sees Hogan + black guy as money and headlines
Old 07-19-2018, 08:48 AM   #33221
Jaypers
Bowman Scout

NXT tweeted a major spoiler last night from the tapings.

I won't divulge it, but you can look it up.
Jaypers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:51 AM   #33222
mnvikingstwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
NXT tweeted a major spoiler last night from the tapings.

I won't divulge it, but you can look it up.
They're pretty dumb with sending out big things
Old 07-19-2018, 09:22 AM   #33223
jrg1128

Hopefully Aleister Black is getting called up to the main roster. Him and Velveteen Dream are the best things going in wrestling right now IMO.
jrg1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:42 AM   #33224
fazzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecamp99 View Post
Well WWE, you did it. You killed your biggest attraction. And no, it isn't that the fans boo Lesnar now because he's a heel and people want to see someone beat him. No, WWE was able to create GO AWAY heat on their biggest star.

Yes, I get it, not everyone's cup of tea was Lesnar being champ. But let's be real for a minute. The biggest name in the company recognized outside of the WWE, besides maybe John Cena, is Brock Lesnar.
Ronda Rousey says hi. If you're going solely based on name recognition by mainstream/outside sources, Rousey is bigger than either one of them. Also, WWE didn't kill Brock Lesnar. Brock Lesnar killed Brock Lesnar. The reason nobody wants to see him any more is because he's gotten so lazy and out of shape that he can't wrestle for more than 5 minutes at a time. Any time he's in any match of extended length (except that SS match vs AJ where his ass was sucking wind almost immediately) it's always a multi-man match where he can take a nap midway through. Brock Lesnar WAS a great part timer because you knew you were gonna get something good whenever he showed up. That hasn't been the case in a long time, and fans know that.

As far as Summerslam, I'd like to see them go forward with the obvious triple threat buildup, but then Brock enters first and is immediately cashed in on by Braun before the match, and then Braun takes his place in the triple threat. The fans in the arena would be MUCH more receptive to that happening IMO.
fazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:52 AM   #33225
jazz1232dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazzle View Post
As far as Summerslam, I'd like to see them go forward with the obvious triple threat buildup, but then Brock enters first and is immediately cashed in on by Braun before the match, and then Braun takes his place in the triple threat. The fans in the arena would be MUCH more receptive to that happening IMO.
This would be good, but then we'd have a fatal 4way, unless you think Brock is just gonna leave the building after being cashed in on?