Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 07-17-2018, 02:22 PM   #1
brettmik59

Default Pack Searchers - come on man

So I go to Target today over my lunch to pick up a couple things. I swing by the card section as usual, and as expected nothing there of note. However they did have a feeder box of Optic. I think to myself maybe I'll grab a few, problem is they're all disheveled as someone has clearly made a mess of the box. In fact I think there was more than 1 box worth of packs. I grab a pack and notice a v-shaped notch in the upper left corner of the pack. Maybe it ripped or something? I grab another pack, same thing. Another pack, same thing. I thought it was bad enough that the packs are partially see-through so you can get a glimpse of what's inside if you really try hard enough. But some guy took it to another level. Whoever you are, you're pathetic. Get a life, and save some hits for the kids and honest collectors. End of rant.
brettmik59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:34 PM   #2
CapitalPCards

It's so bad in my area. Like literally someone goes to all the local Targets and Walmarts and buys various blaster boxes and returns them with an different plastic seal wrap. It passes the workers as good but you can tell because its clear wrap (Panini stamps their logo all over) and its usually poorly done so the plastic is already ripping at the seams. So annoying and disheartening that someone is going around doing this and getting away with it.
CapitalPCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:45 PM   #3
WiggumPI

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalPCards View Post
It's so bad in my area. Like literally someone goes to all the local Targets and Walmarts and buys various blaster boxes and returns them with an different plastic seal wrap. It passes the workers as good but you can tell because its clear wrap (Panini stamps their logo all over) and its usually poorly done so the plastic is already ripping at the seams. So annoying and disheartening that someone is going around doing this and getting away with it.
This is easily rectified if you notify that particular store's loss prevention team to train CS to know what to look for. They dont want bad returns any more than we like to buy them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2018, 02:49 PM   #4
brettmik59

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiggumPI View Post
This is easily rectified if you notify that particular store's loss prevention team to train CS to know what to look for. They dont want bad returns any more than we like to buy them.

A lady was actually in the aisle stocking things today and I pointed it out to her.
I'm not sure any of this will change though. Cards are small potatoes for these giant retailers.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:54 PM   #5
WiggumPI

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettmik59 View Post
A lady was actually in the aisle stocking things today and I pointed it out to her.
I'm not sure any of this will change though. Cards are small potatoes for these giant retailers.
The person stocking it won't care but the Front End manager or Manager On Duty would like to know.

Old 07-17-2018, 02:55 PM   #6
IndySportsCards

Quote:
Cards are managed by an outside Vendor, Excel Marketing. Target could care less really, especially the hourly workers.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:06 PM   #7
NoleinJax

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalPCards View Post

A Target I went to recently had a sign up saying they would no longer give refunds for cards.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:12 PM   #8
brettmik59

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleinJax View Post
A Target I went to recently had a sign up saying they would no longer give refunds for cards.
Makes perfect sense to me. I mean can you get a refund on lottery tickets after the drawing?
Old 07-17-2018, 04:17 PM   #9
IronMonkey415
Banned

No can't regarding the lottery.

I know a guy that tried it once.
IronMonkey415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:22 PM   #10
cardmole

Quote:
So I go to Target today over my lunch to pick up a couple things. I swing by the card section as usual, and as expected nothing there of note. However they did have a feeder box of Optic. I think to myself maybe I'll grab a few, problem is they're all disheveled as someone has clearly made a mess of the box. In fact I think there was more than 1 box worth of packs. I grab a pack and notice a v-shaped notch in the upper left corner of the pack. Maybe it ripped or something? I grab another pack, same thing. Another pack, same thing. I thought it was bad enough that the packs are partially see-through so you can get a glimpse of what's inside if you really try hard enough. But some guy took it to another level. Whoever you are, you're pathetic. Get a life, and save some hits for the kids and honest collectors. End of rant.
seen the exact same thing here in socal. one of main reasons loose packs/card aisles are disappearing fast. cant leave stuff for these kids.
cardmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 04:41 AM   #11
danimal875

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Cards are managed by an outside Vendor, Excel Marketing. Target could care less really, especially the hourly workers.
How much less could they care?
danimal875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 05:37 AM   #12
hxcmilkshake

I saw a guy with what looked like a loop "examining" hanger boxes of Heritage. Couldn't get a chance to ask why i was in the next aisle checking out but thought that was odd....what can you see through a box??

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
hxcmilkshake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 05:50 AM   #13
moose84

I'm glad the pack searchers usually leave the blasters/hangers/rack packs alone in my area

Its a forum, dont take it personally. We're all allowed to have opinions and not everyone is going to agree with it.
moose84 is offline   Reply With Quote