Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > MMA - Mixed Martial Arts

Notices

MMA - Mixed Martial Arts Post your MMA Cards Hobby Talk

Old 08-02-2018, 11:24 AM   #1
Mr Paparazzi

Default Topps Redemptions process

Hi everyone,

Pulled the biggest card out of the 2013 Topps UFC Bloodlines box run in a 2012 Champions Octograph Book Set 1/1 and have waited four years and still nothing. Picture of the card in promo sheets etc yet been getting the run around from Topps, have now finally had Topps come back and say based on ebay sales which there is none they will replace the card for $500 replacement value.

Anyone else had any bad dealings with them? Have asked for multiple 1/1 or 1/1's of those fighters as replacement but say they give whatever they can get.
Really pissed off and makes me want to stay away from Topps completely now

Thanks
Mr Paparazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 11:36 AM   #2
socal805

I'm a football person, and therefore this side of the Hobby has been having issues w/high end replacements due to Topps losing the NFL rights to Panini. Luckily for you, Topps still has the rights to UFC and therefore should be able to get something of equal value. Good Luck!
socal805 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:04 PM   #3
Mr Paparazzi

Thanks Socal long time no speak mate hope you been well!

Yeah the thing that surprises me is I've been waiting 4 years for this card and now they are trying to say the replacement value is $500 as per completed sales on ebay based on similar card. I can't find an even close similar card on ebay. Especially seeing this was the best card and on the promo sheet for this series. Crazy hey?

https://www.cardboardconnection.com/...-trading-cards

The card I redeemed was the Octograph 1/1 book card with all 8 champions on it
Old 08-06-2018, 10:56 AM   #4
Crashingwaves

Topps is brutal for redemption replacements.... That card is not just a case hit... it is the release hit. One of the best cards in that release.

$500 is at the ultra low end... and I doubt they would have any applicable replacements. Likely send you 20 x $5.00 autos.

Just keep nagging them and ask to speak to a higher up. Blast them on social media too... facebook, twitter etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Paparazzi View Post
Thanks Socal long time no speak mate hope you been well!

Yeah the thing that surprises me is I've been waiting 4 years for this card and now they are trying to say the replacement value is $500 as per completed sales on ebay based on similar card. I can't find an even close similar card on ebay. Especially seeing this was the best card and on the promo sheet for this series. Crazy hey?

https://www.cardboardconnection.com/...-trading-cards

The card I redeemed was the Octograph 1/1 book card with all 8 champions on it
Crashingwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 12:45 PM   #5
Mr Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashingwaves View Post
Topps is brutal for redemption replacements.... That card is not just a case hit... it is the release hit. One of the best cards in that release.

$500 is at the ultra low end... and I doubt they would have any applicable replacements. Likely send you 20 x $5.00 autos.

Just keep nagging them and ask to speak to a higher up. Blast them on social media too... facebook, twitter etc.

Thanks mate,

I already have stated that I felt it was low for what the card is and would be happy with the 8 fighters 1/1 autos then. But yeah agree they unlikely have a nice replacement so far dealing with a guy whos been decent to chat to.

Havent asked to speak with higher up yet he reckons he has spoken with management already though for me. I have blasted them once on IG and thir facebook live at Nationals got ignored both times.
Old 08-06-2018, 02:20 PM   #6
mcgahee21nfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Paparazzi View Post
Thanks mate,

I already have stated that I felt it was low for what the card is and would be happy with the 8 fighters 1/1 autos then. But yeah agree they unlikely have a nice replacement so far dealing with a guy whos been decent to chat to.

Havent asked to speak with higher up yet he reckons he has spoken with management already though for me. I have blasted them once on IG and thir facebook live at Nationals got ignored both times.
Have them send you some Kris Bryants that were backdoored. Or something like the Steve Young / Jerry Rice Definitive Dual patch autos that were never packed out. They have a flood of awesome stuff. THEY ARE TOPPS.
mcgahee21nfl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:22 PM   #7
mcgahee21nfl

I would be pretty clear in telling them you don't want to talk about "value". If they start ascribing $500 "value" to cards that have no set value... Then you also want a card that has no set value. Like an extremely rare 1/1, and you can call it ~$500 too.

So, say you don't want to talk about $500.00 value. You just want a fair replacement. Offer awesome cards, that would be as awesome as the card that they owe you. That's the simplicity of it all. I know you kinda did that already in saying you want all of the fighters 1/1s which to me is fair and makes sense. But if you come down from that demand and are okay with something else then this could work.
mcgahee21nfl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:59 AM   #8
Mr Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgahee21nfl View Post
I would be pretty clear in telling them you don't want to talk about "value". If they start ascribing $500 "value" to cards that have no set value... Then you also want a card that has no set value. Like an extremely rare 1/1, and you can call it ~$500 too.

So, say you don't want to talk about $500.00 value. You just want a fair replacement. Offer awesome cards, that would be as awesome as the card that they owe you. That's the simplicity of it all. I know you kinda did that already in saying you want all of the fighters 1/1s which to me is fair and makes sense. But if you come down from that demand and are okay with something else then this could work.
Thanks mate much appreciated, still waiting to get an email back to see what they have in stock and can offer? Yeah I think that is fair and like you said how can you put a value let alone a $500 value on an 8 champion UFC 1/1 booklet card, cant even find the next years release one which is a nanograph one to see that sold value.

Of course even after requesting someone from management no one has come forward to contact me, I doubt after this I one will buy a UFC product and might even steer clear of Topps, also considering contacting UFC to explain the situation to them too.