2018 bowman draft

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 11-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #101
AP4MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Then why did you quote my post? I said nothing about DNA. Isn't it time for you to go to school?
I responded to the wrong post:turkey:

Last edited by AP4MVP; 11-21-2013 at 07:32 AM.
AP4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:31 AM   #102
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP4MVP View Post
I responded to the wrong post. Jokes on you:turkey:
Get to school, reading 050 starts in 25 minutes.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #103
AP4MVP

Quote:
Get to school, reading 050 starts in 25 minutes.
Calm down mistakes happen. Cut me some slack i just woke up not long ago.:turkey:
Old 11-21-2013, 07:41 AM   #104
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP4MVP View Post
Calm down mistakes happen. Cut me some slack i just woke up not long ago.:turkey:
Dude I'm not "calmed up", you could have just said it was a mistake four posts ago. Everyone makes them, even Jameis Winston!
Old 11-21-2013, 07:50 AM   #105
AP4MVP

Quote:
Dude I'm not "calmed up", you could have just said it was a mistake four posts ago. Everyone makes them, even Jameis Winston!
True that
Old 11-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #106
frozenntimesports
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
Your worries are for Winston?
My concern is for both parties, but the accuser's actions make this stink like a rotting fish.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:33 AM   #107
groundsupport
Banned

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenntimesports View Post
My concern is for both parties, but the accuser's actions make this stink like a rotting fish.
So the accuser going to the Emergency Room the night of the assult and going straight to the police is her fault how? They have Wistons DNA, and odds are, they found it in a certain region of the body.

The Police covered it up, it's not the lack of her going to the police.

As I said before, I don't care where this happened. Same with Brandon Gibbons, if there is any truth behind it, he should be kicked off the team immmediately. Vanderbilt did the right thing to their football players earlier this year.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #108
fullmetal
Banned

Quote:
I'm pretty sure he said he never had contact with her, ever.
Jameis has never been interviewed by police, so he has never made such a comment to authorities.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #109
asujbl

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

So what do we know -

If a player is even "charged" they are suspended from the team immediately by FSU - University policy
You only need probable cause to charge - of which the following would count towards that probably cause

- The complainant calls the police the same night as the alleged event took place.
- The complainant was not under the influence of any drug or alcohol.
- The complainant states that she was sexually assaulted earlier in the evening.
- DNA was gathered from the complainant's underwear, that match positive to Jameis Winston.
- The complainant states that she did not consent to the sexual contact (Winston says there was consent).

Is he going to be charged? I don't see how he isn't. It's just a matter of how quickly.

Doesn't mean he did it or didn't do it - but I don't see how the DA can avoid bringing up charges.

Which, in the FSU world at least, means Winston is done.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #110
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Jameis has never been interviewed by police, so he has never made such a comment to authorities.
He made the comment to a reporter I believe, like I said not sure. But I know that he hasn't been interviewed...YET!
Old 11-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #111
CardCollector

Groundsupport, I could not agree more with some of the statements you made.

Most intelligent post I have ever seen from a UM fan

No, but in all seriousness, I agree. If there is truth behind what he did, screw the football team, they need booted. If someone does something like rape someone, they deserve to be kicked off the team. That stuff should not be taken lightly because of the current situation at FSU. Hopefully the truth comes out and people who are guilty are held accountable.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #112
melletted
Banned

So lets look at the victim:

She came forward before he was famous
She went right after the incident to the police and to the HP
She has not sought any financial reward

According to OTL her exam was consistent with rape victims
The DNA matches

So honestly looking at that, what does logic tell you? It tells me this looks really bad
How can any argument be made that the girl is after money?

Last edited by melletted; 11-21-2013 at 03:36 PM.
melletted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #113
SDcardguy24

Damn one girl's name has been leaked as the possible victim and her Facebook, Twitter, etc have all been taken down.
SDcardguy24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #114
asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by melletted View Post

The DNA matches

So honestly looking at that, what does logic tell you? It tells me this looks really bad
What it tells me is that Winston is going to get charged - and that all this will then be debated in court where it should be.

Which is more important for real life.

But we all still care about sports - and what you posted tells me - is that he's done playing Football at FSU for a while - because there is no doubt they have probable cause to charge him.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #115
SDcardguy24

"Jameis Winston may not be suspended if charged in assault case"

Jameis Winston may not be suspended automatically from FSU's football team if he is charged with in the assault case - Orlando Sentinel

I didn't even hear about this possible exception before. Wow.
SDcardguy24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #116
asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDcardguy24 View Post

Jameis Winston may not be suspended automatically from FSU's football team if he is charged with in the assault case - Orlando Sentinel

The storm that will errupt if FSU considers the National Title Game “extraordinary circumstances as determined by the administration" in a rape case.

Wow.

Last edited by blowoutcards4; 11-22-2013 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Profanity
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #117
The Card Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by melletted View Post

The DNA matches

Logic tells us he is innocent and borderline untouchable as long as he keeps winning games. Sadly.

Always looking to trade for Canes.
view my cards for trade @ www.TheCardAlbum.com
The Card Album is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #118
rbb147

Quote:
Damn one girl's name has been leaked as the possible victim and her Facebook, Twitter, etc have all been taken down.
yea she has been known for a day now. What I posted below is information obtained from her twitter.

To those who think she's completely honest...

1. She called the police at 4 AM and said the event happened at 1 AM on the 7th.
At 11 PM on the 6th (2hrs before the alleged rape) her twitter exploded with sad faces to her friend and things saying she was upset. The victim said for her friend to call her so they could talk for awhile. She was then out on twitter at 7 AM on the 7th saying how crappy her day was. Who goes to twitter right after cops leave to post about "the worst day ever" after their rape... Seriously???

2. Friends posted pictures of her that had a black stick figure drawn in "playing" with her in her bed. This was before the rape, the friend said you have wore the black d**k silly band for over a year now. She was laughing about it.

3. She was posting about how she was creeping on her "james".

4. Her friends regularly posted pictures of jameis on her twitter.

5. There is a post where a friend says to her "all the guys" will love her if she sends them the topless mirror photo.

6. She tweets a guy that she would invite him in anytime if boys were allowed in her house.

7. Her GPA at school was so low as of two weeks ago that she was unable to participate in any sorority events.

8. A couple of nights ago her best friend who knew about the rape, went to a formal with Winstons bff Kenny Shaw.

I still don't know what really happened obviously, but there is more to her than the press talks about. I just posted the most relevant, non-raunchy stuff. Her and her friends are some fun people.

Last edited by rbb147; 11-21-2013 at 04:22 PM.
rbb147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #119
asujbl

Off Topicish...but FSU related...

Jameis Winston Isn't The Only Problem Here: An FSU Teacher's Lament
Old 11-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #120
groundsupport
Banned

Quote:

No way NCAA would allow this to happen if he is charged.

Then again, the NCAA is so screwed up, it probably would allow this to happen.

So IMO it would come to the hands of the voters, and there are plenty who would probably wouldn't vote for FSU in the 1-2 hole.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #121
groundsupport
Banned

and if Florida State was smart, IMO, they should suspend him now until the investigation is over.

This would take any negativity off of them. Also, whoever their backup QB is, could still lead them to the NTG.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #122
asujbl

Quote:
and if Florida State was smart, IMO, they should suspend him now until the investigation is over.

This would take any negativity off of them. Also, whoever their backup QB is, could still lead them to the NTG.
Their backup is out for the year.

They'd be playing their 3rd string guy.

Which they'd probably still go undefeated - but I'd be curious how voters would handle them (since 2/3 human element) if they were heading to the NCG with a 3rd string player.

I don't know how it would go down. It'll just be crazy if it does happen.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:54 PM   #123
rbb147

Quote:
No way NCAA would allow this to happen if he is charged.

Then again, the NCAA is so screwed up, it probably would allow this to happen.

So IMO it would come to the hands of the voters, and there are plenty who would probably wouldn't vote for FSU in the 1-2 hole.
The NCAA has no say in the matter. It is based on university policy. There are schools that let people play who are charged with a crime. There are schools that let people convicted of felonies play on their team i.e. Auburn and Cam Newton. Its not the NCAA's place to step in. I am not an FSU fan, but I wouldn't bench players for a "rape" accusation. In the majority of cases there is not enough evidence to convict and all too often its fake. Unless a player commits a crime where there is substantial evidence against them that they committed the crime, they shouldn't be suspended or dismissed until after the trial. Innocent until proven guilty. You don't know that Jameis did anything wrong. How would you feel if I called your work and told your boss you raped me, and they fired you. It would suck and its not fair to him.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #124
asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbb147 View Post
The NCAA has no say in the matter. It is based on university policy. There are schools that let people play who are charged with a crime. There are schools that let people convicted of felonies play on their team i.e. Auburn and Cam Newton. Its not the NCAA's place to step in. I am not an FSU fan, but I wouldn't bench players for a "rape" accusation. In the majority of cases there is not enough evidence to convict and all too often its fake. Unless a player commits a crime where there is substantial evidence against them that they committed the crime, they shouldn't be suspended or dismissed until after the trial. Innocent until proven guilty. You don't know that Jameis did anything wrong. How would you feel if I called your work and told your boss you raped me, and they fired you. It would suck and its not fair to him.
That's a lot of writing when it's all irrelevant.

FSU has a policy in place if an athlete is charged with a crime. Simply charged. That's been clear since day one.

As stated above the University would need “extraordinary circumstances as determined by the administration" to allow Winston to play when other athletes, regardless of sport, are subject to the same rules.

What exactly would the extraordinary circumstances be other than Winston is really good and FSU is undefeated?
Old 11-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #125
rbb147

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
That's a lot of writing when it's all irrelevant.

FSU has a policy in place if an athlete is charged with a crime. Simply charged. That's been clear since day one.

As stated above the University would need “extraordinary circumstances as determined by the administration" to allow Winston to play when other athletes, regardless of sport, are subject to the same rules.

What exactly would the extraordinary circumstances be other than Winston is really good and FSU is undefeated?

That the victim did not want to pursue charges.
That the victim was not cooperative in the investigation.
That the case was in hiatus for 11 months.

You can try to argue that the police "covered" it up, yes, but regardless this is something that has not happened in college football ever before and could be extraordinary circumstances.

Two situations:

Penn State doesn't come forward to media about rape accusations even though it was happening <- the university and coaches were at fault and the bad guy

Victim of Jameis Winston doesn't come forward about rape until it came to media attention <- the police, fsu, and winston are at fault and the bad guys

Now what if Jameis Winston and the rest of FSU is out raping other women and the police and FSU are covering it up? If you ask me its entirely the victims fault if that happens. She had the power to come forward immediately when the police told her that. All of her friends and family knew, they could have come forward right away. Mike McQuery and many others at Penn State was heavily criticized and faced accusations of failing to act, because they didn't immediately go to another source or media. Only one person ever even witnessed Sandusky do it, besides that it was all rumors. The victim had every opportunity to take this forward and chose not to. She didn't "move out of the area". She attended school up through last week. Her family lives right near Tallahassee and her aunts the lawyer. They could have pressed as much as they wanted, but waited a year and went to TMZ? Ummm no... With these circumstances, Winston deserves the benefit of the doubt. If stuff like this is acceptable, any person can sleep with a player and say they couldn't identify them, and then go on to later extort the player.