AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 10-05-2018, 08:08 AM   #51
shayscards79

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberth404 View Post
Brady made it look easy. He's such a craftsman and a legend and an incredible thing to witness. Luck had some absolutely beautiful throws tonight. The TD to Ebron stands out the most - the way the ball sailed across the field before tucking itself perfectly into Ebron's hands - wow!! Two major upsides are a.) the Colts have 10 days to "rest" and b.) they play the Jets, Bills, and Raiders next before facing the Jags and Titans. It's going to be a very interesting and exciting next few weeks for this team.
I'm going to the game against Buffalo. At least good tickets were inexpensive when I bought them a few days ago.
shayscards79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 05:42 PM   #52
roberth404

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayscards79 View Post
I'm going to the game against Buffalo. At least good tickets were inexpensive when I bought them a few days ago.
Awesome, throw some pics up when you return - I'm in California so would love to view some of the lesser seen parts of the stadium. I'll actually be at the game in Oakland when the Colts play the Raiders.
roberth404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 05:31 PM   #53
shayscards79

8 picks this year is tough. Although at least their running game showed signs of life.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:33 PM   #54
88horsepower

Quote:
8 picks this year is tough. Although at least their running game showed signs of life.
Half of his picks have been on receivers just flat out muffing a catch and tipping it to the defense. Mack looked good if you look past the pick six he caused.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:35 PM   #55
shayscards79

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88horsepower View Post
Half of his picks have been on receivers just flat out muffing a catch and tipping it to the defense. Mack looked good if you look past the pick six he caused.
Hopefully Hilton is back next week. Good to see Costanzo out there again.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:41 PM   #56
88horsepower

Quote:
Hopefully Hilton is back next week. Good to see Costanzo out there again.
Indeed! Protection was much better this week.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:24 PM   #57
shayscards79

Quote:
Indeed! Protection was much better this week.
You think Ballard is going get Luck any help this year? I know he'll never pay a guy like Dez or Leveon Bell because he's all in on defense. Or do you think it's at the point now where it's not worth it to add payroll given 1-5 alreday?

I'm just interested to see what they do with this excess cash in the off season. Do they bother loading up on offense?
Old 10-15-2018, 01:45 PM   #58
88horsepower

Quote:
You think Ballard is going get Luck any help this year? I know he'll never pay a guy like Dez or Leveon Bell because he's all in on defense. Or do you think it's at the point now where it's not worth it to add payroll given 1-5 alreday?

I'm just interested to see what they do with this excess cash in the off season. Do they bother loading up on offense?
I don't see them making a move. This offseason I can see Irsay and Ballard opening up the checkbook, but I don't see Bell or Dez being any kind of long term answer. Irsay has gone on the record, awhile back, as saying that he'd rather invest for the long term rather than fill the roster out with FA's for the short term to potentially "win now" which is what a Dez move would be. Bell is a major risk/reward player and I think it's easy to forget that he's one suspension away from being entirely useless. I don't see Bell making the team better for the long term without costing a metric ton and coming with serious baggage. Not sure I want that kind of guy in my locker room.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:49 PM   #59
SteveO21

Quote:

They definitely won't be adding any Dez Bryant's or Le'Veon Bell's this season. They'll have roughly $100M in cap space this off-season though, and will have a ton of draft capital (definitely a top 10 pick, maybe top 5 again). This off-season will be where you see Ballard spend big in free agency. They have to get 1-2 WRs this off-season who are TRUE difference makers. TY will be 29 next season and they don't have another WR on the roster who can make an opposing defense gameplan to shut them down. Deon Cain was looking like he might be a legitimate threat so hopefully he comes back healthy and ready to make a difference. They honestly can't rely on that though. They either have to invest heavily in a top-level WR in free agency or draft one pretty high in the draft (2nd round). Maybe do both. They also have to invest heavily in the CB position. Quincy Wilson being a bust has hurt big time. Kenny Moore is nice but if he's one of your top-2 CBs you've got a bad group. The D-Line is looking much improved, so if they're healthy and the young guys continue to develop you might not have to do much there in the off-season. The biggest need they'll have to fill in the draft is the RT spot. That can't continue to be a revolving door. Also might not be a bad idea to see if they can improve the LT spot too. Castonzo is starting to get up there in age (he'll turn 31 next off-season) and his play has dipped since he signed his big contract extension. Seems like they've still got lots of areas of need but for once I don't think those areas are mostly on defense. They've got several good, young players on that side of the ball. Darius Leonard being an absolute stud right off the bat really helps with the construction of that defense.
SteveO21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:58 PM   #60
coltsnsox07

I'm a Colts fan and agree with a lot of what's been stated but you know only 1 team in the NFL has given up more points than the Colts defense, they still need some damn D..
coltsnsox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 03:00 PM   #61
88horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO21 View Post
They either have to invest heavily in a top-level WR in free agency or draft one pretty high in the draft (2nd round). Maybe do both. They also have to invest heavily in the CB position. Quincy Wilson being a bust has hurt big time. Kenny Moore is nice but if he's one of your top-2 CBs you've got a bad group. The D-Line is looking much improved, so if they're healthy and the young guys continue to develop you might not have to do much there in the off-season. The biggest need they'll have to fill in the draft is the RT spot. That can't continue to be a revolving door. Also might not be a bad idea to see if they can improve the LT spot too. Castonzo is starting to get up there in age (he'll turn 31 next off-season) and his play has dipped since he signed his big contract extension. Seems like they've still got lots of areas of need but for once I don't think those areas are mostly on defense. They've got several good, young players on that side of the ball. Darius Leonard being an absolute stud right off the bat really helps with the construction of that defense.
I really like the direction the defense is heading. Darius Leonard was an absolute steal in the second round. Leonard leads the league in tackles despite missing a game last week. It's staggering how much of an impact player he's been. He's on pace for nearly 200 tackles as a rookie, has 4 sacks and has forced turnovers. Anthony Walker Jr. has also been a revelation at linebacker and looks to be a major cog moving forward. I'm enjoying what the front seven is doing with Sheard, Hunt, Turay, Autry and Ward. They are generating pressure which is something we rarely ever saw with the Pagano regime. The issue on defense is the defensive backfield. Aside from Hooker, I don't see anyone else as dependable nor particularly talented. Geathers impresses me, but he's a health issue. Quincy Wilson is really disappointing me after showing glimpses early last year as a rookie. If they can't cover, it doesn't matter how good the pass rush or run defense is. Good offenses will just pick them apart. This needs to be addressed in the draft.

Offensively, I feel like Indy finally has an offensive line. Yes, Castonzo is getting older, but he is a major step up from anyone else who has occupied the LT slot in his absence. Ryan Kelly is playing well at C, but could improve. I love how the Guard positions seemed to be much improved from just one draft. Quenton Nelson is continuing to grow and playing well. Braden Smith is impressing me, as well. Both were drafted this year. Obviously, the issues on offense are related to the so called "skill positions" that have traditionally been a strength in Indy. What has me shaking my head is how some Colts fans on the Stampede Blue fan board are complaining about GM Chris Ballard not signing a top FA wide receiver or bringing back Moncrief.

Moncrief signed a one-year $9.6M deal to play in Jacksonville and so far he's averaging 3 catches a game and will, if he stays healthy, have between 700-800 yards with 6-8 touchdowns. Not exactly worth the money, if you ask me. Same with almost anyone else who was in the FA sweepstakes this year. Only Jarvis Landry has really impressed me and he was acquired in a trade. I simply don't see the value in overpaying for guys like Sammy Watkins, Allen Robinson or anyone else who was a FA this spring. I'm fine with this year being an evaluation year, but the position must be addressed in the offseason. Chester Rogers is a major disappointment and frankly there isn't anyone else on the active roster that does anything for me, aside from Hilton. TE finally looks as good as ever with Ebron being a TD machine and Doyle, hopefully, back from injury sooner than later.

Running Back is a question mark. Mack finally arrived this week and played a very strong second half, but I need more consistency from him. Hines is a tremendous pass-catcher, but lacks in the running game. Wilkins has shows flashes, but he's likely rotational at best. Not sure what to do here, but by the end of the season we should have a much better sense of what the future holds at RB, either because the group we have meshes well and finishes strong or because we need to look elsewhere for a more consistent rusher who can give the team an identity in the ground game.
Old 10-21-2018, 10:52 PM   #62
88horsepower

Andrew Luck has 15 passing TDs in his last 4 games. That’s more than the Cardinals (5), Titans (5) and Bills (3) have combined this season. Man, that’s just sad if you’re a fan of those franchises.
Old 10-21-2018, 11:52 PM   #63
shayscards79

Was at the game today. Was fun.. Felt kind of bad for my buddy who was with me who is a Bills fan. Lol.

Darius Leonard with 17 tackles
Old 10-22-2018, 12:26 AM   #64
88horsepower

Quote:
Was at the game today. Was fun.. Felt kind of bad for my buddy who was with me who is a Bills fan. Lol.

Darius Leonard with 17 tackles
Leonard is a special talent. Leads the league in tackles by a wide margin despite missing a game. Created turnovers, sacks, does it all. It’s been some time since I’ve been this excited to see the Colts defense on the field. Crazy that they severely lack corners, too. Still lots of room for improvement, but I like what I’ve seen this year, especially from the front seven.

And how about Luck? Has a near flawless performance today, without needing to launch 50 passes. Running game was tremendous. A much more balanced attack and against a really good defense. Oakland is a vulnerable squad, too. Next week will be interesting. Hopefully, Indy keeps trending up.
Old 10-28-2018, 06:09 PM   #65
shayscards79

That play by Leonard was beastly. They needed after that bad D play.

But if they can keep playing a balanced game like they have the past couple of weeks, they'll be in good shape the rest of the year.
Old 10-28-2018, 06:17 PM   #66
88horsepower

Quote:
That play by Leonard was beastly. They needed after that bad D play.

But if they can keep playing a balanced game like they have the past couple of weeks, they'll be in good shape the rest of the year.
They play the second easiest schedule in the league moving forward.
Old 10-28-2018, 07:49 PM   #67
88horsepower

First time since 1985 the Colts have rushed for 200+ in two straight games.

First time since Joseph Addai in 2007 the Colts have had two straight 100-yard rushers (Marlon Mack).

Zero sacks of Luck today, Colts have best sack protection percentage in the league.

Luck threw all three TD’s to three different TE’s today, first time this has ever happened in league history.

Adam Vinatieri breaks NFL scoring record.

Colts move up to 3rd in the division, passing Jacksonville.
Old 10-28-2018, 08:21 PM   #68
Ferg1945

The Colts have a rushing game?

A QBs best friend... a rushing game.

Hope it continues.
Ferg1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 09:57 PM   #69
88horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg1945 View Post
The Colts have a rushing game?

A QBs best friend... a rushing game.

Hope it continues.
Not to mention that offense line. Ballard is crushing it with this draft. Still need a true #2 wideout and corners who can actual cover. It’s gonna be a great offseason with so much cap space and another draft. I’m really excited.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:35 AM   #70
Ferg1945

Quote:
Not to mention that offense line. Ballard is crushing it with this draft. Still need a true #2 wideout and corners who can actual cover. It’s gonna be a great offseason with so much cap space and another draft. I’m really excited.
Yep.

I didn't have high hopes for this season. Just wanted to see Luck stay healthy and see some improvement in a few areas. Now..3-5 and 4 out of the next 5 against division rivals... They might surprise some people.

Only 3 teams have scored more points..but only 5 teams have allowed more points. If they can get the defense dialed in during the offseason... the Colts will be a tough team to beat next season.
Ferg1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:22 AM   #71
SteveO21

I know it's really early and I'm not a huge fan of hyperbole but I truly believe that many years from now we will look back and say that Darius Leonard was Chris Ballard's most important player acquisition of his career as Colts GM. The kid is absolutely amazing, and he's the cornerstone of that side of the ball. There are still several more pieces to add to make this team a legit contender but Leonard is THE guy for the defense going forward. He'll be in the Colts Ring of Honor one day.

This coming off-season is going to be very important for the future of this franchise. I know you could say that about any off-season but for this team's current trajectory it's especially true. Ballard needs to knock this one out of the park to really build on the foundation of this past off-season/draft. IMO, the biggest needs on the roster are a true #1 CB and a WR2 who can eventually take over the WR1 spot from TY. They need several CBs though. I like Kenny Moore but if he's one of your top 2 DBs then your DB group isn't going to be good enough to win a championship. Ideally, Moore is your 3rd best DB on your roster.

Last edited by SteveO21; 10-29-2018 at 10:27 AM.
SteveO21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 04:29 PM   #72
shayscards79

Quote:
The common denominator here is the O-Line play for sure.

No coincidence that in the midst of this Marlon Mack explosion... Hines and Wilkins YPC has shot up over the past few games as well.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:01 PM   #73
CoolG

Lucks is a legit top 5 Qb let's put that to rest. He's done incredible this season with very few legit weapons.
CoolG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:37 AM   #74
88horsepower

Indianapolis Colts 1st round pick, Guard, Quenton Nelson, just became the first rookie in NFL history to win Rookie of the Month at the Guard position. Wow!!! That's what happens when a team doesn't give up a sack in three straight games and paves the way for 200+ yards rushing in two straight games. Love seeing the Colts focus on trench stability for a change.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/11...e-of-the-month
Old 11-11-2018, 04:09 PM   #75
shayscards79

Another big defensive play to finish off the game.