Blowout Cards Forums
April Showers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 07-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
lakerman34

Default NOOOO......Lakers Lose Earl Clark

Clark had a breakout season with the Lakers last year, just signed a deal with the Cavs.

As a Laker fan, I'm disappointed. Hopefully we can pickup Chris Copeland to make up for the loss. I like the high energy guys.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
sdsportsfan1214
Banned

Bring Back Vujacic. Ultimate high energy guy lol
sdsportsfan1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #3
rookies

why would the lakers pick up anyone with a contract. Unless he got the go ahead from melo or lebron.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:02 PM   #4
armyatc22

And now Dwight to the rockets
Old 07-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #5
bjho852

I was shocked when I first read the news.
Clark has indicated that he would be willing to sign for less to remain a Laker, but the lack of negotiation progress by the team (probably waiting on DH12 decision before making the next move) forces Clark to move on. Sad.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #6
jsab48

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookies View Post
why would the lakers pick up anyone with a contract. Unless he got the go ahead from melo or lebron.
Neither of those guys are gonna be playing for the Lakers, so what relevance does that have?
Collecting: Cavs/Indians/Browns/Ohio State, Team Threads Die-Cuts, 13-14 Innovation Stained Glass, Jamaal Charles, Penny Hardaway, Jimmie Johnson, Casey Mears, Chase Elliott, David Reutimann, Jerry Nadeau
https://www.flickr.com/photos/16020451@N04/albums
jsab48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #7
IamRalpho

Earl Clark is a role player, he wasnt going to make the Lakers better than they are gonna be next year (Not that good)

Celtics and Lakers, lottery bound? Wow.

I do not ask for much, but please leave feedback if everything goes well with our deal.
IamRalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #8
marsblackmon

really makes no sense for Earl or the Lakers to come to terms. Earl gets more money, and if Lakers matched that offer, they would be having to pay over 11 million dollars in tax. Unfortunate loss, but we have other things to worry about.. like a 40 year old as our starting point guard
marsblackmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #9
benz35

lets hope a S&T with Warriors happen....
benz35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:20 PM   #10
CandyMan23

He got paid, good for him. Hill will be back healthy this season so no worries, got bigger fish to fry.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:38 PM   #11
MikeMamba

The Lakers were probably only offering him very little and possibly just 1yr

I was hoping he would stay, but oh well.

Ed Davis PC --> http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p525/MikeMamba/Ed%20Davis%20PC/
MikeMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:00 AM   #12
Jimmer327

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMamba View Post
The Lakers were probably only offering him very little and possibly just 1yr

I was hoping he would stay, but oh well.
The Cavs basically got him for one year. 2nd year is team option. They want all the money possible for LeBron next summer.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:01 AM   #13
Jimmer327

So unless he plays really really well, they will not keep him for more than this season.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:03 AM   #14
sucram

Well DAMN
Old 07-05-2013, 03:56 AM   #15
lakerman34

LeBron not going back to Cleveland. I'd be surprised if he leaves MIA. They are probably going to the Finals for a fourth straight year. Who's gonna stand in their way (and don't say Nets)? C'mon now....

Lakers told GSW they'd talk if the offer was Barnes/Curry/Thompson+Bogut+1st Rd pick for Howard. Hell, I'd talk if it was a 2nd rd pick. Get rid of immature ass Dwight, get a top 5 center in the league, and get a solid young guy.

At first, I thought I'd definitely want Steph Curry out of those 3. But the more I think about it, I'd take any of the 3. Barnes gives us that youth and athleticism (boy is explosive) and we don't know how good of a 3-pt shooter he is. Didn't shoot that many last season.

Klay Thompson is a lights out shooter. Also, pretty athletic and a good defender for a white boy :P

Steph Curry is also lights out shooter, and good at stepping in the passing lanes. Also fast as hell. A bit injury-ridden though. If he wasn't injury-ridden, he'd be my pick, but because Bogut tends to get at least one good injury every season, may want to stray away from getting 2 injury ridden guys.

AHHHH I'm excited....sorry.....GSW trying to make room to sign Dwight outright, but if they can't find a suitor for Kleiza and/or Richard Jefferson (which can very well be the case, no one would take them w/o any assets alongside), they may very well have to do the above trade if they want Dwight THAT badly.

Alright, time to stop talking Dwight and back to Earl Clark.

HE GONE?!? C'mon now....he was like Ariza 2.0.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:29 AM   #16
rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsab48 View Post
Neither of those guys are gonna be playing for the Lakers, so what relevance does that have?
IS that right Mav Carter? I didnt know Lebron listened to you and was already made up. haha you never know Espn and Cbs reported it first.

Lakers Free Agency News: Dwight Howard, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony On Same Team? Summer Of 2014 Historic Class, New Laker Dynasty?
Old 07-05-2013, 06:22 AM   #17
jj2

Quote:
IS that right Mav Carter? I didnt know Lebron listened to you and was already made up. haha you never know Espn and Cbs reported it first.

Lakers Free Agency News: Dwight Howard, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony On Same Team? Summer Of 2014 Historic Class, New Laker Dynasty?
You do realise this article is pure speculation and not actually based on anything?
jj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:41 AM   #18
rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2 View Post
You do realise this article is pure speculation and not actually based on anything?
You do *realize that everything is speculation until it happens? Your wrong to say anything is true or false when it comes to lebron and free agency he can do whatever he is not decided but large rumors have come out about him going to LA because of best cap room doesnt mean they will doesnt mean they wont.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:06 AM   #19
jj2

Quote:
You do *realize that everything is speculation until it happens? Your wrong to say anything is true or false when it comes to lebron and free agency he can do whatever he is not decided but large rumors have come out about him going to LA because of best cap room doesnt mean they will doesnt mean they wont.
LOL, you correct my spelling of "realise", which is actually how it's spelled where I come from, and then start the next sentence with "Your" instead of "You're". Nice try.

Also, there's a difference between just concocting random scenarios about what could happen (even if it's in some parallel universe) and developing a scenario based on some evidence.

Last edited by jj2; 07-05-2013 at 07:13 AM.
jj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #20
jsab48

Quote:

If LeBron left Miami and formed ANOTHER super team, his legacy would be forever ruined. No one would consider him one of the greatest ever if he left a current super team to go form an (on paper) even better super team with Melo/DH12. It's never gonna happen in a million years.

Speculate all you want, but you're wasting your time. LeBron cares too much about what the general public thinks about him.
Collecting: Cavs/Indians/Browns/Ohio State, Team Threads Die-Cuts, 13-14 Innovation Stained Glass, Jamaal Charles, Penny Hardaway, Jimmie Johnson, Casey Mears, Chase Elliott, David Reutimann, Jerry Nadeau
https://www.flickr.com/photos/16020451@N04/albums
jsab48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:17 PM   #21
broncofan92

I was a bit disappointed to hear that he left for the Cavs but oh well hopefully Lakers can get someone good or decent to fill the role Clark had coming off the bench
broncofan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #22
rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsab48 View Post
If LeBron left Miami and formed ANOTHER super team, his legacy would be forever ruined. No one would consider him one of the greatest ever if he left a current super team to go form an (on paper) even better super team with Melo/DH12. It's never gonna happen in a million years.

Speculate all you want, but you're wasting your time. LeBron cares too much about what the general public thinks about him.
That is true. But hes made stupid decisions before. Winning cures all and I think thats the type of team that could win and draw lots of cheap free agents as well.