AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 03-04-2017, 07:24 AM   #2351
blackbears86

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
Not all breakers - I checked the code in every pack for 4 cases. Each case took 2hrs though and I did get complaints - but I missed nothing.

Thumbs up for taking your time and doing it right.
blackbears86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 07:33 AM   #2352
blackbears86

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorboatJones View Post
Thanks, guys ! Posters are tough...
I want to get into the posters as they are really a nice retro touch and limited to #50 each, but what to do with them? Keep them folded up? display them?

Even though they are limited, I just don't see how they will hold long term value except for the diehard collectors.
blackbears86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 08:32 AM   #2353
pnft17

Has anyone heard/seen if the Mick Jagger cut has surfaced? Would like to see a picture of it!!
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:00 AM   #2354
Turnitin2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbears86 View Post
Thumbs up for taking your time and doing it right.

Is there anywhere I can go online to watch this break, or other Heritage breaks with people who know what they are looking for doing them? Thanks.
Turnitin2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:05 AM   #2355
freudianslip

Anyone with insight as to why there are so few Moncada auto cards surfacing?

All of the other big name rookies with auto cards -- Swanson, Bregman, Benintendi, Judge, Reyes, etc. -- have had/currently have several listings on Ebay. However, with respect to Mr. Moncada I have seen a total of only 3 auto cards listed.

Thoughts???
freudianslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:30 AM   #2356
pnft17

Must be super ssssp!

Anyone going to card shows or local money pits. Post the prices your seeing boxes listed at. I'll be hitting card show tomorrow.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:35 AM   #2357
TarjetasBéisbol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnitin2004 View Post
Is there anywhere I can go online to watch this break, or other Heritage breaks with people who know what they are looking for doing them? Thanks.
Here are some Houdini breaks; Heritage Team Auction 1 Bryant auuto 25, Heritage Team Auction 1 Bryant auuto 25 BlowoutTV on USTREAM. Baseball
Old 03-04-2017, 09:38 AM   #2358
pnft17

Quote:
Same here. Just such a joke that even breakers I like watching who only job is running breaks and dealing with cards can't spend time to figure out the product and break it with knowledge. Ugh!!! Most of us here have full time regular jobs and could pick out a action card or know what cards are sp. then to not even show cards on camera and shuffle so fast. How does anyone join these or like watching them. They don't show most of cards!!! Isn't that rule #1. But no one says a word in break. Ok I'll stop with my heritage breakers rant!!!
Old 03-04-2017, 09:44 AM   #2359
pnft17

I'll save rest for 2017 ginter breaks. Where the same clueless breakers drop mini cards pack after pack. It's like ok their is a mini in middle of pack. Maybe after dropping a few you might want to hold cards a little better. But don't bother looking or showing the backs!!!
Old 03-04-2017, 09:45 AM   #2360
TarjetasBéisbol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
Same here. Just such a joke that even breakers I like watching who only job is running breaks and dealing with cards can't spend time to figure out the product and break it with knowledge. Ugh!!! Most of us here have full time regular jobs and could pick out a action card or know what cards are sp. then to not even show cards on camera and shuffle so fast. How does anyone join these or like watching them. They don't show most of cards!!! Isn't that rule #1. But no one says a word in break. Ok I'll stop with my heritage breakers rant!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
I'll save rest for 2017 ginter breaks. Where the same clueless breakers drop mini cards pack after pack. It's like ok their is a mini in middle of pack. Maybe after dropping a few you might want to hold cards a little better. But don't bother looking or showing the backs!!!
Now you moved on to a Ginter breakers rant?
Old 03-04-2017, 09:46 AM   #2361
pnft17

I'm ranted out this morning. Ha sorry
Old 03-04-2017, 09:51 AM   #2362
rutgersjpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
I'm just angry that there are no benny chrome and parallels (like gold).
They gotta hold back something for high number.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:52 AM   #2363
srcards

AJ at Steel City did a wonderful job, I thought, of breaking last night. Really did a good job of walking through everything, IMO.
srcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 10:01 AM   #2364
Turnitin2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarjetasBéisbol View Post
Thanks will check it out.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:12 AM   #2365
caulaflour

Maybe I missed this somewhere....but I'm wondering what the deal is with the gray backs and dark orange backs.

I opened 19 boxes and pulled two flip stocks but didn't find any "gray" backs (pulled three bright yellow); I wonder if I'm wrong?

Also, there were a significant number of packs which had two distinctly dark orange cards in them; Pat Neshek was one that I noticed only came up dark orange. No idea what's going on there, if anything. I have yet to go through those for codes, but I'm really wondering how I could have not hit 1 single gray back in 19 boxes.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:15 AM   #2366
jmweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by caulaflour View Post
Maybe I missed this somewhere....but I'm wondering what the deal is with the gray backs and dark orange backs.

I opened 19 boxes and pulled two flip stocks but didn't find any "gray" backs (pulled three bright yellow); I wonder if I'm wrong?

Also, there were a significant number of packs which had two distinctly dark orange cards in them; Pat Neshek was one that I noticed only came up dark orange. No idea what's going on there, if anything. I have yet to go through those for codes, but I'm really wondering how I could have not hit 1 single gray back in 19 boxes.
I haven't hit a single grey back in 3plus cases... unless i missed it.
I did hit 3 yellow backs so far..

update: just got my first grey back. i didn't miss any, these are unmistakable.. much easier to spot vs the yellow back.

Last edited by jmweb; 03-04-2017 at 10:41 AM.
jmweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 10:16 AM   #2367
TarjetasBéisbol

Quote:

The dark orange are the "gray backs".
Old 03-04-2017, 10:21 AM   #2368
Orange October

The "gray" backs aren't really gray. They're like gray poupon color.
Orange October is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 10:28 AM   #2369
GreatAlbert

Be patient on the Grays if you have them listed. Sold my Andrew Miller for $65!
Old 03-04-2017, 10:30 AM   #2370
caulaflour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange October View Post
The "gray" backs aren't really gray. They're like gray poupon color.
I'm going to have to post the pictures of mine, then, because I got like 25 of them and that can't possibly be right. And they really are truly dark orange. In two boxes from the same case, it was constantly two in a row in like every 6th pack.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:32 AM   #2371
Turnitin2004

Quote:

No offense cause I'm sure he knows more about cards than me, but he had no idea what flip stock card was? I've bought 1 box of heritage in my life and I knew what it was by doing homework before buying into 2017. Can't trust any of these breakers with heritage. Rather just do it myself since that's supposed to be part of the fun with this product anyway.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:35 AM   #2372
TarjetasBéisbol

Quote:
No offense cause I'm sure he knows more about cards than me, but he had no idea what flip stock card was? I've bought 1 box of heritage in my life and I knew what it was by doing homework before buying into 2017. Can't trust any of these breakers with heritage. Rather just do it myself since that's supposed to be part of the fun with this product anyway.
He might know just a little bit more than you but not much. Hahaha. That is his first case of 2017 Topps Heritage Houdini ripped. The flip stock cards are hard to spot and I am sure I have some from previous years I haven't pulled out of cases I have opened.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:41 AM   #2373
caulaflour

Quote:
He might know just a little bit more than you but not much. Hahaha. That is his first case of 2017 Topps Heritage Houdini ripped. The flip stock cards are hard to spot and I am sure I have some from previous years I haven't pulled out of cases I have opened.
I actually disagree about this. If you're just looking through the backs of the cards, the flip stocks (at least for me) stuck out like a sore thumb. They were no doubters as soon as I saw them. WAY easier to spot than the "wood grain" last year. I wonder if the lighting in the room you're in is a big factor when it comes to these.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:43 AM   #2374
TarjetasBéisbol

Quote:
I actually disagree about this. If you're just looking through the backs of the cards, the flip stocks (at least for me) stuck out like a sore thumb. They were no doubters as soon as I saw them. WAY easier to spot than the "wood grain" last year.
Well you need to come on over and search through my stacks because I can't make them out.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:53 AM   #2375
jmweb

Quote:
Well you need to come on over and search through my stacks because I can't make them out.
The flip stocks are about feel more than anything. That's how i spot them.. plus if i go through a pack, no hits. no rediscover... no codes, no color changes on the back.. look closer and feel the flip stock. i found 2 so far in 3plus cases..
jmweb is offline   Reply With Quote