Blowout Cards Forums
2018 community chest

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Old 01-19-2018, 09:59 PM   #1
ctau00

Default BO member midwestgraphs12... scammer or MIA?

Fairly new member with minimal activity and itrader considering how aggressively he's solicited and offered; about 50% of his posts occurred within 48 hours of his joining in June 2016 then went silent until recently when he initiated & bumped a handful of BST threads.

After bumping this thread for the fifth time with zero interest in 24 days, I claimed in thread on Jan 2 and also sent a PM since he was not online.
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestgraphs12 View Post
Ball is in great condition, comes with leaf authenticity card!
Official Spalding Basketball
Looking for $100
He replied to the PM on Jan 7th and furnished Paypal information, said to let him know once payment was sent and he would mail the following day. Payment was sent within 90 minutes and he acknowledged receipt. Have not heard from him since and he has not logged in since Jan 8th.

Follow up inquiries on Jan 12 & 18th have gone unanswered. Paypal claim filed and negative FB to follow once this thread is posted.

I contacted another BO member who also claimed an item in a different thread and he too paid, never heard anything since & left a negative FB today for the below:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardboardCracka View Post
I'll take the Franco. Merry Christmas!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Last edited by ctau00; 01-19-2018 at 10:10 PM.
ctau00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 01:10 AM   #2
pingbling23

I see they are still a member, did you contact the mods so they can at least temp suspend and investigate?
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 06:12 AM   #3
ctau00

Didn't think to do so due to his lack of activity and I figured his 50% iTrader with recent back-to-back negs would be enough of a deterrent. I was going to take you up on the suggestion but see that he's now been banned.

By the way, to save yourselves any future headaches... the member's name was Adam Bell and email used is midwestgraphs5@gmail.com. Claim was escalated after I made the first post and he hasn't bothered to respond to PayPal either.

Last edited by ctau00; 01-22-2018 at 06:22 AM. Reason: ID
Old 01-22-2018, 09:40 AM   #4
jlzinck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctau00 View Post
Didn't think to do so due to his lack of activity and I figured his 50% iTrader with recent back-to-back negs would be enough of a deterrent. I was going to take you up on the suggestion but see that he's now been banned.

By the way, to save yourselves any future headaches... the member's name was Adam Bell and email used is midwestgraphs5@gmail.com. Claim was escalated after I made the first post and he hasn't bothered to respond to PayPal either.
ANOTHER lowlife looking to steal.

Sorry this happened to you
Old 01-25-2018, 02:50 PM   #5
ctau00

Update - received an email from seller yesterday apologizing and a second one before having a chance to reply to the first:
Hello sir,

It is my dearest apologies that I have just now seen the PayPal claim for the ball. Iíve been inactive lately and I am sorry, the ball will be shipped out tomorrow morning with extras due to my terrible shipping

Please accept my apology

Thank you

Then this one:
You would still like the ball correct? Please let me know

Told him I would much rather have the ball than a refund but would be keeping my claim open until I had the ball in hand and if the claim should close beforehand I would re-send payment. If he found it acceptable then proceed or he could simply ignore and let the claim process play itself out. I haven't heard anything back so I guess I know the answer.

I messaged CardboardCracka after receiving the first email to see if he got a similar communication. He hasn't.

What's the point, was this an attempt to execute phase II of his scam and get me to drop the claim and leave myself no recourse when he fails to ship again?
Old 01-25-2018, 10:03 PM   #6
houdini
admin

Quote:
Update - received an email from seller yesterday apologizing and a second one before having a chance to reply to the first:
Hello sir,

It is my dearest apologies that I have just now seen the PayPal claim for the ball. Iíve been inactive lately and I am sorry, the ball will be shipped out tomorrow morning with extras due to my terrible shipping

Please accept my apology

Thank you

Then this one:
You would still like the ball correct? Please let me know

Told him I would much rather have the ball than a refund but would be keeping my claim open until I had the ball in hand and if the claim should close beforehand I would re-send payment. If he found it acceptable then proceed or he could simply ignore and let the claim process play itself out. I haven't heard anything back so I guess I know the answer.

I messaged CardboardCracka after receiving the first email to see if he got a similar communication. He hasn't.

What's the point, was this an attempt to execute phase II of his scam and get me to drop the claim and leave myself no recourse when he fails to ship again?
yes & yes
Descanse mi princesita 9/20/00-4/16/15
houdini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 05:05 AM   #7
TMILL

Agreed. a"greed".
Looking for 97-98 UD Game Jersey Iverson, 1998-99 Authen-kicks Iverson, 1999-00 Genuine Coverage Ewing /450, 1999-00 Hologrfx Shoe time cards of Iverson, Barkley, Robinson, and 1999-00 Apex Net Shredders of G.Robinson NFL: Major Applewhite Premium Ink 1/1 Autograph and other autos!
TMILL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 11:06 PM   #8
ctau00

Default What's the motive now?

Adam Bell, you may be banned but I know you're still able to view the forums. I'm done with you, why do you even bother sending this latest email:
"I appreciate you giving me a chance, the ball was shipped and insured and I will be uploading the tracking.
Thank you"

I may be wrong but my guess is nothing was shipped, there is no tracking or anything to be tracked. Nothing will update tomorrow, or Sunday and the claim will close Monday. Focus your attentions elsewhere because I am no longer interested in dealing with you.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:22 PM   #9
ctau00

Default Adam Bell, Florissant MO - Confirmed Scammer

UPDATE:

The PayPal claim was resolved yesterday evening in my favor by default, the seller never bothered to respond for obvious reasons. Over the course of the last few days I had ample time to do some research on his user IDs & email addresses used to send me the messages mentioned in the thread. Being that he has a fairly common name I did not want to falsely accuse or identify the wrong person.

Little did he know but his email displays as Midwest Card Collectables <midwestgraphs5@gmail.com> and he happens to have a YouTube channel under the same name, complete with misspelling and the same avatar used in his BO profile. He has two videos which were uploaded in 2015. By the sound of his voice, I could tell I was dealing with a kid but I must say he has an impressive taste in genre considering his age. At the 0:51 mark of this video, he mentions his LCS which is also noted in his comments.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpstySScJQA

From there I was able to narrow his location down to the Florissant, MO area. A Google search of his name and city led me to the St. Louis high school sports page and the Lindberg Flyers basketball profile of 6'5" junior forward Adam Bell, #23 class of 2019.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/high-...babfe2f88.html

He's starting out on the wrong foot at an early age. He may be banned but I'm sure we'll be seeing him again in the future. Buyers beware!!!
Old 01-31-2018, 06:57 PM   #10
cking

Find out who his coach is and drop him an email and tell him all about his players fraudulent activities....that may get his attention
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:30 PM   #11
ctau00

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Find out who his coach is and drop him an email and tell him all about his players fraudulent activities....that may get his attention
I thought about it but decided otherwise. If anything, petty theft & ripping people off is his future, his basketball talents aren't taking him anywhere - he's a 6 foot 5 inch, 180 pound waste of human flesh.

I'm done with him, this alone should be enough to make him think twice about pulling another stunt like this. I messaged him to let him know I was on to him long before posting his personal details with the hope he'd elect to come clean and do the right thing. The punk didn't give a rat's ass and though he was bulletproof. I'll give him credit, he was even cagey enough to know he didn't have to respond to PayPal and they'd be stuck with his debt due to his status as a minor.

Give it a couple of days and this will all be an afterthought and yesterday's news. He'll be back, only a little wiser and possibly more careful in covering his tracks. But he will always be known as Adam Bell, the scammer from Florissant MO.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:33 PM   #12
Siberian13

He will get away with this and feel he can do it again. And maybe do worse things and get away with it since he thinks he’s bulletproof. A lot of criminals start off with petty theft.
Siberian13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:35 PM   #13
HBMC

Quote:
I thought about it but decided otherwise. If anything, petty theft & ripping people off is his future, his basketball talents aren't taking him anywhere - he's a 6 foot 5 inch, 180 pound waste of human flesh.
After seeing the photo, homeboy needs to head to the gym. Those mantis arms aren't going to help with college B-Ball lol.
Old 02-01-2018, 04:01 PM   #14
jcardstore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMC View Post
After seeing the photo, homeboy needs to head to the gym. Those mantis arms aren't going to help with college B-Ball lol.
He's a JR averaging 2.7/0.9/2.1... he's not going to be playing college ball lol. If you're 6'5 and can't even crack 3ppg in HS you're trash
Old 02-01-2018, 10:54 PM   #15
HBMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcardstore View Post
He's a JR averaging 2.7/0.9/2.1... he's not going to be playing college ball lol. If you're 6'5 and can't even crack 3ppg in HS you're trash
LOL, I didn't even do any sleuthing. That is turrible.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:33 PM   #16
ctau00

So it gets weirder. I enter my house through the garage door instead of the front door, the wife is out of town and expected a delivery yesterday, went to check and there's 2 boxes. Hers and a larger box wrapped in brown paper- about the size of a case of copier paper. It's the ball, well packed but missing the COA. Tracking shows it entering USPS retail on 27 Jan, two days after he last emailed me. Handwriting looks like adult female, could it be his mother making things right for him? I'd really like to keep the ball if he's able to provide the missing COA, sent an email but who knows if or when he'll respond since his track record wasn't good to begin with.

After the claim settled PayPal sent me a follow-up survey and I mentioned his minor status. I don't know if was that or because he never responded but the account is closed and I cannot resend payment. Then again, I'd much rather ID his mom and send her the money than deal with him. Postage was >$20 for what amounted to UPS Ground only slower, I'm not okay with an out-of-pocket expense to return it.

Thoughts?

Forgot to mention, the other member who also left a negative also received his item after claim was made but unsure if he also received a refund. Adam, if you're reading this, you have my contact information. Can you provide the COA and have your mother contact me so I can reimburse her for postage and/or the cost of the ball if she incurred a PayPal debt on your behalf.

Last edited by ctau00; 02-08-2018 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Added last paragraph