Blowout Cards Forums
2018 flush

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 07-31-2016, 04:12 PM   #1
88horsepower

Default Free PayPal Anyone?

Hopefully this is the right place to do this. Mods, please let me know if it isn't.

If you want to get free PayPal you can spend on cards, my wife told me about a free app called IBotta. If you download the app, you use it any time you buy goods at the store. When you purchase items that there are rebates for in the app (e.g. beer, bread, produce, trash bags, etc...), you can get money back within 24 hours that you can transfer to your PayPal.

I figure it's a free and easy way to earn PayPal for just spending on the stuff you'd already buy at the store. No brainier. Just two grocery trips and my wife already earned back over $20 and it took just a minute to use the app.

Again, we're talking about free PayPal here.

Last edited by 88horsepower; 07-31-2016 at 06:15 PM.
88horsepower is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 04:15 PM   #2
afrobandit

Too lazy to read the fine print...what's the catch?
afrobandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 04:20 PM   #3
ronaldo943

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrobandit View Post
Apparently, you just have to buy one of the rebates and you will be awarded the PP. Great app though and great rebates if you shop a lot.
ronaldo943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 04:22 PM   #4
88horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrobandit View Post
No catch. Seriously. The worst thing is you may have to watch a 10 second commercial. We already earned $20 just from our normal shopping. Within 24 hours, we had money that we could transfer to PayPal or to a gift card for Amazon. If you have a club card for a place like Nob Hill, it's even easier since you can link your club card to the app. It tracks your purchases for you, so long as you click the rebates on the app before you purchase.

We're planning to link out Target Cartwheel app to it since we buy there a lot.

Last edited by 88horsepower; 07-31-2016 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-31-2016, 04:27 PM   #5
Clarka3

my fiance got me on this too. as far as I saw, no catch aside from the fact that you have to get up to 20 bucks banked before you can make a withdrawal.

BUT, it's not that hard to do. I got a dollar for just grabbing a sixer of beer I planned to get anyway. Basically, just look at whatever you plan to get and see if it's available on the app for a rebate. lots of stuff is small (.75 rebate) for a family sized bag of chips, but sometimes you find that one item that is big money. I don't drink malt alcohol anymore, but there was an 8 dollar rebate opportunity for a 4 pack of some new smirnoff thing. i ignored it, but when i went to teh store to get the beer i was looking for, i saw that smirnoff stuff was 8 bucks, so basically it would have been free. otherwise, most of the stuff is 1 or 2 bucks. it builds up quickly if you are doing your normal grocery shopping and just happen to pick these items instead of another brand.

it's easy to use. you "unlock" the rebate you want (which usually requires watching a 30 second ad or answering a survey question), then when you buy the stuff you scan the barcode with your phone, take a pic of your itemized receipt, and boom, you get the credit banked in your account.

edit to add- one word of warning, USE THE CHECK BARCODE option while in the store. I bought a bag of chips, but apparently got the wrong size and it didn't count toward the rebate. you can check it in the store to make sure the item qualifies before you buy.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.

Last edited by Clarka3; 07-31-2016 at 04:29 PM.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 04:28 PM   #6
ronaldo943

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
20 bucks banked before you can make a withdrawal.
This is the catch then, still an awesome app though!
Old 07-31-2016, 04:29 PM   #7
88horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo943 View Post
This is the catch then, still an awesome app though!
Yup. That's it. Easy as pie.

Last edited by 88horsepower; 07-31-2016 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-31-2016, 04:34 PM   #8
Clarka3

yeah dude, it's a minor catch. my fiance had her first 20 sent in prepaid visa cards (they sent 2 10 dollar cards for whatever reason) and they worked without issue.

seriously though, you'll probably reach 20 if you do your grocery shopping every 2 weeks like we do

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 07-31-2016, 04:42 PM   #9
ronaldo943

Quote:
yeah dude, it's a minor catch. my fiance had her first 20 sent in prepaid visa cards (they sent 2 10 dollar cards for whatever reason) and they worked without issue.

seriously though, you'll probably reach 20 if you do your grocery shopping every 2 weeks like we do
Absolutely agree, it's not a legitimate catch for those that truly use the app, but for those that just want "free Paypal" it is a catch and one that can be time consuming for those that hardly shop.
Old 07-31-2016, 06:04 PM   #10
jbrandonw

I just signed up through your link, and I see a rebate for dollar tree for $2.50 back on some nail polish. So if I go get this nail polish I'll basically be getting $12.50 back for spending a dollar at dollar tree?
Old 07-31-2016, 06:14 PM   #11
88horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Enjoy vacation.

Rule #2: Absolutely NO referrals or self-promotion of any kind are allowed on the forum unless specifically approved by an admin or mod in advance. This includes posting referral or affiliate links, or asking members to sign up under you for something. No plugs for blogs and/or any other websites; if you would like to cross-promote, please contact us. Personal webpages with a want list are ok (no commercial webpages/links; ie. any webpages that sell, have ads, etc..) This is not allowed even if the promoted site does not directly compete with us. [Let me explain the main reasoning behind this rule; if we allow one member to post a referral and make some money, then eventually everyone will post their own and it will get out of hand...so to be fair, those posts will not be allowed.]
Do me a solid and delete my link from your quote.

I also e-mailed Houdini to see if there's anything else I can do to rectify the self-promotion. I should have looked into this before posting.
I better take those links down. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by 88horsepower; 07-31-2016 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-31-2016, 06:30 PM   #12
BostonNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88horsepower View Post
Do me a solid and delete my link from your quote.

I also e-mailed Houdini to see if there's anything else I can do to rectify the self-promotion. I should have looked into this before posting.
I better take those links down. Thanks for the heads up.
I'm sure you're fine.

You're not a rapscallion on here...
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:32 PM   #13
88horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
I'm sure you're fine.

You're not a rapscallion on here...
Lol. What about a scallywag?
Old 07-31-2016, 06:57 PM   #14
IronMonkey415

Anything similar for those that like to do online shopping?
Old 07-31-2016, 07:02 PM   #15
88horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMonkey415 View Post
Anything similar for those that like to do online shopping?
I believe so...

https://blog.ibotta.com/2014/04/24/h...-ibotta-works/
Old 07-31-2016, 07:22 PM   #16
Clarka3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrandonw View Post
I just signed up through your link, and I see a rebate for dollar tree for $2.50 back on some nail polish. So if I go get this nail polish I'll basically be getting $12.50 back for spending a dollar at dollar tree?
yes, but again you'll have to get up to 20 bucks at least before you cash out.

and you only get that 10 dollar bonus for the first time you buy something.

Old 07-31-2016, 07:28 PM   #17
88horsepower

Quote:
yes, but again you'll have to get up to 20 bucks at least before you cash out.

and you only get that 10 dollar bonus for the first time you buy something.
Exactly right.