Blowout Cards Forums
Best Sellers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2016, 04:35 PM   #51
drobfan8
Member
 
drobfan8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 7,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO21 View Post
He is. Also, most PG's in the NBA would be a better option than Delly. The dude stinks.
Yeah Delly stinks so bad that his coaches and teammates love him and say he's one of their best teammates.

Delly is solid, probably will always be a really good back up PG that can start if he needs to.

8 pts, 6 ast, 2.5 rebs 35% from 3 and 83% FT. He's nowhere near trash.

But Brogdon is coming for him.
__________________
WTB 97 Flair Row 0 Billups, , 12/13 Flawless Base TD, Manu, Parker
Immac Triple Auto Olajuwon/Robinson/Davis
drobfan8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 04:50 PM   #52
tennelson55
Member
 
tennelson55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 3,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobfan8 View Post
Yeah Delly stinks so bad that his coaches and teammates love him and say he's one of their best teammates.

Delly is solid, probably will always be a really good back up PG that can start if he needs to.

8 pts, 6 ast, 2.5 rebs 35% from 3 and 83% FT. He's nowhere near trash.

But Brogdon is coming for him.
Delly is white, period. He shoots solid, can't drive much and plays the best defense he can. Too bad the NBA isn't made with hustle, sorry white guys.
__________________
looking for these basketball sets!
99-00 topps east/west, 04-05 ud black diamond gemography autos, 08-09 topps chrome orange refractors, 09-10 certified, 10-11 donruss cracked ice, 11-12 limited xrc non autos, 12-13 prizm, 12-13 brilliance spellbound letters
tennelson55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 04:52 PM   #53
drobfan8
Member
 
drobfan8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 7,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennelson55 View Post
Delly is white, period. He shoots solid, can't drive much and plays the best defense he can. Too bad the NBA isn't made with hustle, sorry white guys.
Ha ha, sums it up pretty well.
__________________
WTB 97 Flair Row 0 Billups, , 12/13 Flawless Base TD, Manu, Parker
Immac Triple Auto Olajuwon/Robinson/Davis
drobfan8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 05:19 PM   #54
daeve
Member
 
daeve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: savannah GA
Posts: 2,796
Default

and on his folow-thru on his 3P-jumper he looks like a squirrel hanging on a clothes line
daeve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 06:37 PM   #55
LeonfromNC
Member
 
LeonfromNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 12,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobfan8 View Post
Yeah true, probably more like 5, but if Simmons comes back it'll be 6 and if we count Embiid it's 7.

Brogdon certainly has room to improve for sure.
Again please name 5 players from the 2016 rookie class that is better than Brogdon.

Waiting on your list
LeonfromNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 07:49 PM   #56
drobfan8
Member
 
drobfan8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 7,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
Again please name 5 players from the 2016 rookie class that is better than Brogdon.

Waiting on your list
Sure.

Ingram
J. Murray
B. Hield
D. Sabonis
Simmons
And I still like Dunn, but he hasn't shown enough yet.

Other Rookies not from this actual class that are better so far. Saric and Embiid.
__________________
WTB 97 Flair Row 0 Billups, , 12/13 Flawless Base TD, Manu, Parker
Immac Triple Auto Olajuwon/Robinson/Davis
drobfan8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:08 PM   #57
nickha2
Member
 
nickha2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lambeau Field
Posts: 5,465
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobfan8 View Post
Sure.

Ingram
J. Murray
B. Hield
D. Sabonis
Simmons
And I still like Dunn, but he hasn't shown enough yet.

Other Rookies not from this actual class that are better so far. Saric and Embiid.
You either don't watch basketball or you are just trying to prove your point despite the fact its invalid.

What criteria are you judging them on that those 5 are better?
nickha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:21 PM   #58
drobfan8
Member
 
drobfan8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 7,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickha2 View Post
You either don't watch basketball or you are just trying to prove your point despite the fact its invalid.

What criteria are you judging them on that those 5 are better?
What? I was asked to provide 5 guys I think are better. Where is the criteria for them NOT being better?

It's all subjective, if someone wants to think Brogdon is 3rd, I have no real issue with that.

Now buzz off fly.
__________________
WTB 97 Flair Row 0 Billups, , 12/13 Flawless Base TD, Manu, Parker
Immac Triple Auto Olajuwon/Robinson/Davis
drobfan8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:30 PM   #59
LeonfromNC
Member
 
LeonfromNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 12,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobfan8 View Post
So far? No. Not close.

There's probably 7-10 guys ahead of him surely.

He can play though and may end up taking more mins off Delly. Great for Mil, I hope they can make some noise in the playoffs.
First you said there are 7-10 guys ahead of him, then you said 5, now you said 3.

And I can tell you why your list doesn't make sense.

Saric is not from the 2016 rookie class
Simmons hasn't played a minute yet so he can't count
Sabonis is a 3 point shooter that Westbrook drives and dishes out to and that's it (his defense is underrated I feel)
Dunn has been horrible up until the last several games, but he's getting better
Same with Hield, but he doesn't contribute anything to the game but scoring
Ingram can't shoot to save his life. Plays the most minutes out of any rookie, but his production is mediocre.
Murray is a scorer but super streaky. If he could be more consistent he'd be the front runner outside Embiid.

I'll ask again. Which 5 guys are better?

Last edited by LeonfromNC; 12-21-2016 at 08:35 PM.
LeonfromNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:50 PM   #60
drobfan8
Member
 
drobfan8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 7,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
First you said there are 7-10 guys ahead of him, then you said 5, now you said 3.

And I can tell you why your list doesn't make sense.

Saric is not from the 2016 rookie class
Simmons hasn't played a minute yet so he can't count
Sabonis is a 3 point shooter that Westbrook drives and dishes out to and that's it (his defense is underrated I feel)
Dunn has been horrible up until the last several games, but he's getting better
Same with Hield, but he doesn't contribute anything to the game but scoring
Ingram can't shoot to save his life. Plays the most minutes out of any rookie, but his production is mediocre.
Murray is a scorer but super streaky. If he could be more consistent he'd be the front runner outside Embiid.

I'll ask again. Which 5 guys are better?
I could tell you were looking for an argument from the start. If you want to make excuses all day, go for it, i think those guys are better and you'll find many others will agree. by your logic, I could say that Brogdon has the advantage of playing on a team that has Giannis and Jabari that take the focus away from him, but that would be ridiculous, like your reasons. Those 5 guys mentioned have all had bigger games than Brogdon has had. Maybe he's more solid/consistent right now.

Originally I said 7-10, then went to 5 after having another look at the 2016 class alone. I even mentioned Saric and Embiid aren't from 2016, so great job in not being able to read.

I never said 3, someone else did, I just said I have no problem with them thinking that.

Here is your post "Again please name 5 players from the 2016 rookie class that is better than Brogdon.

Waiting on your list".

I gave it, not sure what you want now. I named 5 from the CLASS, doesn't matter if Simmons hasn't played yet, he's in that CLASS. I think he's better. I think Dunn will be better than Brogdon also, there will probably be another young rookie or two get above Brogdon when they mature a bit.

__________________
WTB 97 Flair Row 0 Billups, , 12/13 Flawless Base TD, Manu, Parker
Immac Triple Auto Olajuwon/Robinson/Davis
drobfan8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:59 PM   #61
LeonfromNC
Member
 
LeonfromNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 12,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobfan8 View Post
I could tell you were looking for an argument from the start. If you want to make excuses all day, go for it, i think those guys are better and you'll find many others will agree. by your logic, I could say that Brogdon has the advantage of playing on a team that has Giannis and Jabari that take the focus away from him, but that would be ridiculous, like your reasons. Those 5 guys mentioned have all had bigger games than Brogdon has had. Maybe he's more solid/consistent right now.

Originally I said 7-10, then went to 5 after having another look at the 2016 class alone. I even mentioned Saric and Embiid aren't from 2016, so great job in not being able to read.

I never said 3, someone else did, I just said I have no problem with them thinking that.

Here is your post "Again please name 5 players from the 2016 rookie class that is better than Brogdon.

Waiting on your list".

I gave it, not sure what you want now. I named 5 from the CLASS, doesn't matter if Simmons hasn't played yet, he's in that CLASS. I think he's better. I think Dunn will be better than Brogdon also, there will probably be another young rookie or two get above Brogdon when they mature a bit.


Here's my original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
Nice to see people are starting to finally notice Brogdon is for real...

Prices are slightly up on his Prizm stuff now I see after last nights dunk highlight

Is it clear to say that at this point in the season he is the best rookie so far from the 2016 rookie class?
I asked right now, not later or in the future and from the 2016 rookie class.

Maybe you should learn to take your own advice and read...

LeonfromNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:05 PM   #62
drobfan8
Member
 
drobfan8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 7,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
Here's my original post.



I asked right now, not later or in the future and from the 2016 rookie class.

Maybe you should learn to take your own advice and read...

Are you really that lonely dude?

He is not the best rookie from this class. Let's take off all the asterisks for you to make it simple. Because you don't want to include Saric, Embiid and Simmons, even though they are rookies with him, but that doesn't help your investment (I'm sure this is about an investment).

Murray
Hield
Ingram
Sabonis

are all better. Dunn is also better, but needs some more time.

So don't go counting your millions on your Brogdon rookies just yet.

__________________
WTB 97 Flair Row 0 Billups, , 12/13 Flawless Base TD, Manu, Parker
Immac Triple Auto Olajuwon/Robinson/Davis
drobfan8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:15 PM   #63
jcardstore
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 8,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobfan8 View Post
I could tell you were looking for an argument from the start. If you want to make excuses all day, go for it, i think those guys are better and you'll find many others will agree. by your logic, I could say that Brogdon has the advantage of playing on a team that has Giannis and Jabari that take the focus away from him, but that would be ridiculous, like your reasons. Those 5 guys mentioned have all had bigger games than Brogdon has had. Maybe he's more solid/consistent right now.

Originally I said 7-10, then went to 5 after having another look at the 2016 class alone. I even mentioned Saric and Embiid aren't from 2016, so great job in not being able to read.

I never said 3, someone else did, I just said I have no problem with them thinking that.

Here is your post "Again please name 5 players from the 2016 rookie class that is better than Brogdon.

Waiting on your list".

I gave it, not sure what you want now. I named 5 from the CLASS, doesn't matter if Simmons hasn't played yet, he's in that CLASS. I think he's better. I think Dunn will be better than Brogdon also, there will probably be another young rookie or two get above Brogdon when they mature a bit.

You really don't watch very much basketball if you say Hield, and Sabonis are better than Brogdon right now there's no way to justify that. The only people that say "oh well it's subjective so you can't argue against it" are always the ones who are wrong. It's not 100% subjective, there is absolutely objectivity involved and objectively, and statistically you are wrong.

Just like OJ you get defensive and angry anytime someone disagrees with you. Everyone was being respectful and you started throwing out insults.
__________________
Plug name Julio but he don't play for Atlanta

Last edited by jcardstore; 12-21-2016 at 09:17 PM.
jcardstore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:20 PM   #64
LeonfromNC
Member
 
LeonfromNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 12,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobfan8 View Post
Are you really that lonely dude?

He is not the best rookie from this class. Let's take off all the asterisks for you to make it simple. Because you don't want to include Saric, Embiid and Simmons, even though they are rookies with him, but that doesn't help your investment (I'm sure this is about an investment).

Murray
Hield
Ingram
Sabonis

are all better. Dunn is also better, but needs some more time.

So don't go counting your millions on your Brogdon rookies just yet.

Maybe it's because you still can't read...

Please read what I asked originally:

I'll spell it out for you again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
Is it clear to say that at this point in the season he is the best rookie so far from the 2016 rookie class?
I asked right now, not later or in the future and from the 2016 rookie class.

Why you can't comprehend this makes my head hurt.

Im ok with your agreeing to disagree, but you don't state why those 7 players you mentioned are better you just said it's because you think so.

That's not convincing anyone.

And no one agrees with you either.

Please stop if you can't make a valid point in your argument.

Last edited by LeonfromNC; 12-21-2016 at 09:24 PM.
LeonfromNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:22 PM   #65
ronaldo943
Member
 
ronaldo943's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 5,899
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobfan8 View Post
Are you really that lonely dude?
You need to chill man... as for Brogdon, he easily cracks the top three in performance for rookies as of now. His prices on ebay for his gold prizms are ridiculous though. 24 years old and is averaging 7.5 PPG and 3.0 APG. This guy is the same age as Irving, Oladipo, Hood, Valanciunas, etc. Props to those that have sold high on him!
ronaldo943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:32 PM   #66
drobfan8
Member
 
drobfan8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 7,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
Maybe it's because you still can't read...

Please read what I asked originally:

I'll spell it out for you again.



I asked right now, not later or in the future and from the 2016 rookie class.

Why you can't comprehend this makes my head hurt.

Im ok with your agreeing to disagree, but you don't state why those 7 players you mentioned are better you just said it's because you think so.

That's not convincing anyone.

And no one agrees with you either.
I already answered your questions, excluding any rookies that aren't actually from this class, even though they are now, and excluded Simmons for you. So go back and read again. I originally said 7, but you wouldn't let me count 3 guys. As that doesn't help your investment in trying to hype Brogdon and make some $$$.

Ha ha, so you're saying he's better than Ingram right now? Laughable.

Maybe start another hype thread, asking who are the top 10 rookies currently. Just 2 weeks ago people were saying Murray.

I really can't be bothered typing reasons why I think they're better when you'll come back with gems like "Sabonis gets to play with Westbrook" as an argument.
__________________
WTB 97 Flair Row 0 Billups, , 12/13 Flawless Base TD, Manu, Parker
Immac Triple Auto Olajuwon/Robinson/Davis
drobfan8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:34 PM   #67
drobfan8
Member
 
drobfan8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 7,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo943 View Post
You need to chill man... as for Brogdon, he easily cracks the top three in performance for rookies as of now. His prices on ebay for his gold prizms are ridiculous though. 24 years old and is averaging 7.5 PPG and 3.0 APG. This guy is the same age as Irving, Oladipo, Hood, Valanciunas, etc. Props to those that have sold high on him!
I'm totally chilled man. But you'll have to understand, I've seen these hype threads before, guys will try so hard to build up their investment.

24 years old and his averages are not impressive. I like him though, he had a nice game today too, even though it was largely a blowout. Kyrie and Bron weren't happy about those dunks obviously.

We'll see more guys overtake him, so sell now.
__________________
WTB 97 Flair Row 0 Billups, , 12/13 Flawless Base TD, Manu, Parker
Immac Triple Auto Olajuwon/Robinson/Davis
drobfan8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:35 PM   #68
drobfan8
Member
 
drobfan8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 7,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcardstore View Post
You really don't watch very much basketball if you say Hield, and Sabonis are better than Brogdon right now there's no way to justify that. The only people that say "oh well it's subjective so you can't argue against it" are always the ones who are wrong. It's not 100% subjective, there is absolutely objectivity involved and objectively, and statistically you are wrong.

Just like OJ you get defensive and angry anytime someone disagrees with you. Everyone was being respectful and you started throwing out insults.
Wow, what's a thread without the no. 1 troll.

Don't bring your baggage about LeBron over here dude.

Those guys are better, but I'm not gonna lose sleep if people don't think so.
__________________
WTB 97 Flair Row 0 Billups, , 12/13 Flawless Base TD, Manu, Parker
Immac Triple Auto Olajuwon/Robinson/Davis
drobfan8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:40 PM   #69
LeonfromNC
Member
 
LeonfromNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 12,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobfan8 View Post
I already answered your questions, excluding any rookies that aren't actually from this class, even though they are now, and excluded Simmons for you. So go back and read again. I originally said 7, but you wouldn't let me count 3 guys. As that doesn't help your investment in trying to hype Brogdon and make some $$$.

Ha ha, so you're saying he's better than Ingram right now? Laughable.

Maybe start another hype thread, asking who are the top 10 rookies currently. Just 2 weeks ago people were saying Murray.

I really can't be bothered typing reasons why I think they're better when you'll come back with gems like "Sabonis gets to play with Westbrook" as an argument.
Please explain yourself.

Why is Ingram better? Why can't you give reasons other than its laughable.

I'm just trying to make sense of your argument.

No hype here. Just facts.
LeonfromNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:43 PM   #70
drobfan8
Member
 
drobfan8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 7,708
Default

I've changed my mind.

Brogdon is the BEST, healthy class of 2016 Rookie this year.

Thank you gentleman.
__________________
WTB 97 Flair Row 0 Billups, , 12/13 Flawless Base TD, Manu, Parker
Immac Triple Auto Olajuwon/Robinson/Davis
drobfan8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:45 PM   #71
ronaldo943
Member
 
ronaldo943's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 5,899
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobfan8 View Post
I'm totally chilled man. But you'll have to understand, I've seen these hype threads before, guys will try so hard to build up their investment.

24 years old and his averages are not impressive. I like him though, he had a nice game today too, even though it was largely a blowout. Kyrie and Bron weren't happy about those dunks obviously.

We'll see more guys overtake him, so sell now.
I've seen them too, who cares though? They can try and hype them up or just genuinely talk about their investments/players, if people are ignorant (or intelligent, but in this case with a 24 year old "rookie" and his current prices it's really the former but that's just my opinion) and decide to buy up on said player without doing any of their own research than that's their problem. I know you're probably trying to look out for them, but usually it just leads to members fighting over something so pointless and skimming through those threads is just tiring.
ronaldo943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 10:12 PM   #72
Cavaliercards
Member
 
Cavaliercards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 17,216
Default

Brogdon's age whopedoeda there are plenty of 19 years come out and people say give them another year they are young until they are 25.

He is coming in to PG, not his college position and playing under a HOFer and switching to there and doing a damn great job.

He will be a player in this league longer and better than most of those "athletic" guys that got drafted in front of him will be.
__________________
Always Buying: Vintage and Tobacco Cards

Follow us on Twitter AND Instagram: @Cavaliercards
Cavaliercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 10:14 PM   #73
jcardstore
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 8,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobfan8 View Post
Wow, what's a thread without the no. 1 troll.

Don't bring your baggage about LeBron over here dude.

Those guys are better, but I'm not gonna lose sleep if people don't think so.
Just because you say something doesn't make it true. You need actual evidence to back up your claims if you want to be taken seriously but it seems you don't have any so you'll just resort to name calling instead
__________________
Plug name Julio but he don't play for Atlanta
jcardstore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 10:26 PM   #74
ronaldo943
Member
 
ronaldo943's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 5,899
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaliercards View Post
Brogdon's age whopedoeda there are plenty of 19 years come out and people say give them another year they are young until they are 25.

He is coming in to PG, not his college position and playing under a HOFer and switching to there and doing a damn great job.

He will be a player in this league longer and better than most of those "athletic" guys that got drafted in front of him will be.
I sure hope so! I still consider him a bad investment at his current price point. (Plus once the higher end products release the lower end autos and low-numbered RCs tend to take a hit.)
ronaldo943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 09:31 AM   #75
LeonfromNC
Member
 
LeonfromNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 12,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo943 View Post
I sure hope so! I still consider him a bad investment at his current price point. (Plus once the higher end products release the lower end autos and low-numbered RCs tend to take a hit.)
An immaculate college rpa /99 sold for $100.55 last night and a certified emerald base /5 for $172.99 a couple days prior...

Bad investment or not, his cards are selling very well right now.
LeonfromNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.