Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Mad

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Old 12-20-2017, 11:08 PM   #1
jlzinck

Default BEWARE Ebay Seller IMAC7065 / Jeremy Nierenberg Admits to shilling

This former member is giving away his sage advice on a Facebook scammer page.

Someone asked him about shilling. If course he doesn't do this....BUT.......

So if you put in a good faith bid on something and it's not selling for enough and he finds an error we will have a friend bif on it and relist it
Old 12-20-2017, 11:30 PM   #2
chezball

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post

So if you put in a good faith bid on something and it's not selling for enough and he finds an error we will have a friend bif on it and relist it
Old 12-21-2017, 08:27 AM   #3
Boo

Quote:

Old 12-21-2017, 09:00 AM   #4
jlzinck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
I called him out on it and then on the line about him directly accusing someone with this thread

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=433656

Quote:
He asked if I had any evidence of what I was saying and I said "sure.. give me 5 minutes". I did a quick search on here and gave him a few known schill bidding accout names BO members have uncovered... after a short pause the agent said "wow.. I now clearly see what you are talking about." I told him if he wanted to give me a call another day I could probably spend a couple of hours showing him dozens more.. he genuinely seemed interested in taking action.
Best thing is he is giving "advice" on using Ebay.

Telling people they will never lose a chargeback if then send to the correct address.

Also claims an Ebay rep TOLD HIM to have a friend bid on the auctions with errors.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:04 AM   #5
37Jetson

Morally Challenged Llamas never change their stripes.

Quote:

Old 12-21-2017, 04:54 PM   #6
Andy5

How often do they make listing errors? I would hate to send some cards to them and they end up selling for considerably less due to an error.
Andy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 07:32 PM   #7
jlzinck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy5 View Post
How often do they make listing errors? I would hate to send some cards to them and they end up selling for considerably less due to an error.
See that's why you don't have to worry. He will just defraud the bidders and have his friend win it and relist it.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:10 PM   #8
JMarchand1981

Is he still a member here? Haven't seen him in a bit.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:23 PM   #9
Andy5

Quote:
See that's why you don't have to worry. He will just defraud the bidders and have his friend win it and relist it.
Yeah probably. So at the same time he's doing a favor for one customer (the one he made the error on the listing for) but also denying potential customers of a chance at the card.

But then again the card gets relisted so the potential customers get another chance right?
Old 12-21-2017, 10:08 PM   #10
tonedef2oo8

Does he still search his own screen name every day to see if he’s mentioned?

Last edited by iluvfish2; 12-22-2017 at 07:12 AM. Reason: edited
tonedef2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:18 PM   #11
wheeler281

Quote:
Yeah probably. So at the same time he's doing a favor for one customer (the one he made the error on the listing for) but also denying potential customers of a chance at the card.

But then again the card gets relisted so the potential customers get another chance right?
Circumventing ebay rules and policy is now doing a customer a favor? Only person he is doing a favor for would be himself. Shill bidding is wrong and scammy. Mislistings is part of the game. He would have to explain to his customer how he screwed up. Its C Y A all over it. Not doing a favor at all

"Pressure is something you feel when you do not know what you are doing" - Chuck Noll
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 02:07 AM   #12
charnick

jeez, i'm gonna get killed for white knighting, even though i agree he's shady af, but in an attempt to be factually correct regarding eBay rules only, from what I read here, bidding on a item in order to end the listing is technically not against eBay policy, if the bid was not intended to artificially increase the price. knowing eBay reps, I can totally see one telling him it was ok to do.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...l-bidding.html

What are the guidelines?

Restricted
Buying an item from someone you know, as long as you don't intend to artificially increase its price or desirability or violate our Feedback manipulation or search and browse manipulation policies

Not allowed
Bidding on your own items with another account
charnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 07:09 AM   #13
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by charnick View Post
jeez, i'm gonna get killed for white knighting, even though i agree he's shady af, but in an attempt to be factually correct regarding eBay rules only, from what I read here, bidding on a item in order to end the listing is technically not against eBay policy, if the bid was not intended to artificially increase the price. knowing eBay reps, I can totally see one telling him it was ok to do.

What are the guidelines?

Restricted
Buying an item from someone you know, as long as you don't intend to artificially increase its price or desirability or violate our Feedback manipulation or search and browse manipulation policies

Not allowed
Yeah, it's not like you can end the item and relist it correctly or anything.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:46 AM   #14
wheeler281

Charnick, you are correct. Ebay does not view it as shilling as long as it's not another id linked to to you. That's how many consignment sellers skirt the rules. Still scammy

"Pressure is something you feel when you do not know what you are doing" - Chuck Noll
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 08:35 AM   #15
jlzinck

Quote:

What are the guidelines?

Restricted

Not allowed
So charnick here is the scenario.

You have an item you listed as 2016 when it's actually 2015.
You list it for 7 days. You notice this error, most likely because it is selling for a fraction of what it should sell for.

You reach out to me to win it win no intention of paying for it.

I win it. You relist and sell it for more than the original buyer would have won it for.

This seller justifies it as doing right by his customer. All the while crapping on the buyer who put in a good faith bid.

Then lie to the people who you tell this to by telling you than an Ebay rep TOLD you to do it this way.
Old 12-22-2017, 01:47 PM   #16
NickM

That bid is intended to artificially increase the price.
"And when do we want it?"
"It's irrelevant."
NickM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 02:08 PM   #17
charnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
Charnick, you are correct. Ebay does not view it as shilling as long as it's not another id linked to to you. That's how many consignment sellers skirt the rules. Still scammy
Agreed. Still scammy.

Quote:
So charnick here is the scenario.

You have an item you listed as 2016 when it's actually 2015.
You list it for 7 days. You notice this error, most likely because it is selling for a fraction of what it should sell for.

You reach out to me to win it win no intention of paying for it.

I win it. You relist and sell it for more than the original buyer would have won it for.

This seller justifies it as doing right by his customer. All the while crapping on the buyer who put in a good faith bid.

Then lie to the people who you tell this to by telling you than an Ebay rep TOLD you to do it this way.
I agree with you wholeheartedly, especially in the case of this particular seller who has so much "circumstantial" evidence against him that he hardly deserves the benefit of the doubt. But to speak to your example, you can't see an instance where a) the "good faith" bidder is actually someone trying to get a steal with a lower than usual bid to take advantage of the seller's error, and b) that an eBay rep would tell a seller something that they are allowed to do anyway?

I've seen threads where buyers boast of their steals because of an error in the listing, and I've spoken to eBay reps who are far more clueless to their own company's policies than many of us here who are.

Again, still scammy and unethical, but let's lay some of the blame at eBay's feet here for a weak-ass policy against this kind of behavior.
Old 12-22-2017, 03:46 PM   #18
glen87

Quote:

What are the guidelines?

Restricted

Not allowed
quoted from the first part of the link you provided.

"Shill bidding happens when anyone—including family, friends, roommates, employees, or online connections—bids on an item with the intent to artificially increase its price or desirability."

and from the bottom part of the link

"Restricted: Buying an item from someone you know, as long as you don't intend to artificially increase its price or desirability or violate our Feedback manipulation or search and browse manipulation policies"

quoted from JZ's post

"I will personally ask a friend to win that item so we can re list it."

so, to me this directly conflicts with the ebay guidelines. he has a "friend" "win" it so it can be re-listed. is this not an attempt to "artificially increase its price"
Old 12-22-2017, 04:11 PM   #19
charnick

that’s why eBay’s policy is so weak, as it’s worded so poorly. technically since EVERY bid increases the price, one could make the argument that without the intent to purchase, the bid is artificial. i agree with that, but eBay reps are so poorly trained, it’s a wonder that they would ever give a seller the proper information when asked.
Old 12-22-2017, 04:35 PM   #20
Andy5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Yeah, it's not like you can end the item and relist it correctly or anything.
iMac did say that he does it only when it's too late to change or cancel the auction. Is that the final 12 hours?

That's the only reason why I think he's trying to do good for his customers. If he was getting a "friend" to bid on his cards at any other time then yeah that's a scum move. I've never heard of a cosigner himself shill bidding though.
Old 12-22-2017, 04:40 PM   #21
glen87

Quote:
that’s why eBay’s policy is so weak, as it’s worded so poorly. technically since EVERY bid increases the price, one could make the argument that without the intent to purchase, the bid is artificial. i agree with that, but eBay reps are so poorly trained, it’s a wonder that they would ever give a seller the proper information when asked.
gonna disagree with the policy being poorly worded, i think it is quite clear.

seller is a friend of mine:

A) i bid on item with intent to own - acceptable since no attempt to artificially increase price.

B) i bid on item "to win so he can re-list" - not acceptable. in this case i am simply artificially increasing it's price.

Last edited by glen87; 12-22-2017 at 04:43 PM.
glen87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 04:45 PM   #22
glen87

Quote:
iMac did say that he does it only when it's too late to change or cancel the auction. Is that the final 12 hours?

That's the only reason why I think he's trying to do good for his customers. If he was getting a "friend" to bid on his cards at any other time then yeah that's a scum move. I've never heard of a cosigner himself shill bidding though.
what about the good of his buyers? is it not a scum move to them????

do this enough, and he will not have to worry about the good of his customers since he will have no buyers to buy those items (except his "friends" of course)
Old 12-22-2017, 09:38 PM   #23
tonedef2oo8

Wow look another scammer found a loophole to explain the shill bidding going on. How original!
Old 12-23-2017, 08:13 AM   #24
corndog

Location: From a table in McDonalds, with lovely fake flowers on it.

All I know about IMAC is that when it was pointed out to him several years ago that he was selling counterfeit cards from Galen Ketron through consignment he didn't stop selling them.

All he cared about was getting paid.

True colors came out.

Scumbag seller IMO.
Old 12-23-2017, 12:35 PM   #25
37Jetson

Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog View Post
All I know about IMAC is that when it was pointed out to him several years ago that he was selling counterfeit cards from Galen Ketron through consignment he didn't stop selling them.

All he cared about was getting paid.

True colors came out.

Scumbag seller IMO.
Our hero resurfaced a week ago In The FB Scammers Page with an ask an EBay expert any question. He did not like it when I asked him why he sold all of this Russell Wilson Contenders Autos. All through the thread he tells his tall tales that made him famous,

I did not get around to asking about all of the counterfeit 1991 Stadiium Club Favre Super Bowl Stamp cards that he sold.