Blowout Cards Forums
2018 bb pre order

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 02-06-2018, 05:29 PM   #1
7sinVegas7

Question Eagles Players = No Super Bowl Bump?

What gives?

Outside of Foles (obviously) and maybe Ertz, everyone else is coming up a dud.

My Patriot players still selling better and they lost!
7sinVegas7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:31 PM   #2
pejc300

Philly fans are poor. They have heart, but they are poor.

pejc300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:41 PM   #3
deansayso

I'm a huge Von Miller fan but after the SB I dumped his cards like it was going out of style...made a ton of money off of them. Then in July I bought most of them back...

Strange there hasn't been a bump. I spose if they think Foles is gone why would they invest in him?
deansayso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:44 PM   #4
Ewing8888

I can't speak for other teams but Cowboy fans are not running out to buy Eagles cards. I assume that's also the case with NY, Pittsburgh, and of course NE. You can also throw Minnesota in there. The cost of winning a SB is turning off a chunk of the major markets.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:49 PM   #5
YuppieMonkey

Sounds pretty typical. Quarterback gets a little bump. A year from now Foles will be worth even less than before this season started.

As always, my advice is wait at least a year to buy anything. Never buy on emotion. By next year nobody will care. Any quarterback needs 3 super bowl wins to 'make it' in the hobby.
YuppieMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:51 PM   #6
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuppieMonkey View Post
Sounds pretty typical. Quarterback gets a little bump. A year from now Foles will be worth even less than before this season started.

As always, my advice is wait at least a year to buy anything. Never buy on emotion. By next year nobody will care. Any quarterback needs 3 super bowl wins to 'make it' in the hobby.
Rodgers does ok.
Siberian13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:52 PM   #7
blevins26

I think, purely from a collector's standpoint, they have some problems:

1. Carson Wentz, their biggest collecting draw, gets injured and doesn't play. His prices would have skyrocketed if he was starting the SB

2. No "big name" guys at the skill positions. Kind of a no-name team, especially on defense.

3. Some of their biggest names at the skill positions--Jeffrey, Ajayi, Blount--aren't "homegrown" which makes them less collectable
blevins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:53 PM   #8
pejc300

Quote:

His Contenders auto was $5. I don't think it will fall below that
pejc300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:55 PM   #9
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevins26 View Post
I think, purely from a collector's standpoint, they have some problems:

1. Carson Wentz, their biggest collecting draw, gets injured and doesn't play. His prices would have skyrocketed if he was starting the SB

2. No "big name" guys at the skill positions. Kind of a no-name team, especially on defense.

3. Some of their biggest names at the skill positions--Jeffrey, Ajayi, Blount--aren't "homegrown" which makes them less collectable
Agree with all of this.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:56 PM   #10
mlbfan10

I sold my BGS 9.5 Topps Chrome Blue Wave Zach Ertz RC Auto /50 for $100.

Last edited by mlbfan10; 02-06-2018 at 05:59 PM.
mlbfan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:57 PM   #11
majestik101

If it's any consolation, earlier today I sold a Zach Ertz Contenders autograph on FB for $15. Any other day, I don't think that card gets 8 bucks. Eagles cards just don't sell hence why I don't invest in them, and I certainly won't be buying any at the inflated prices I'm seeing on eBay (or here on BO)
Old 02-06-2018, 05:59 PM   #12
nabzy28

There's so much wrong with this market, who even knows where to begin? For top tier QBs, Super Bowl wins drive prices (for the most part). For everyone else, Super Bowl wins barely even matter anymore. Philly is an even more extreme example, since you've got: The QB that won it will probably be on some other team, it's a roster of a lot of free agents pieced together whose RCs would be in other jerseys and who knows if the ones who will likely be around (Wentz, Ertz) will ever even get back to a Super Bowl? It's, really, reached the point where you might as well just wait years and go back and collect favorite players after they've got multiple seasons in, etc. ... and I'll stop rambling. It's just sad.
Will 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 be the year Panini finds Marvin Harrison & Marcus Allen to sign their NFL's Greatest Signatures cards? 05/08/18: Replacements requested. Let's see what happens...
nabzy28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 06:07 PM   #13
xbignick

Can't spend on cards if you got to repair your turned over car and buy another couch to replace the one you set on fire.

JOIN HERE: https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1231756
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 06:15 PM   #14
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Can't spend on cards if you got to repair your turned over car and buy another couch to replace the one you set on fire.
Guess they skip out on insurance?
Old 02-06-2018, 06:17 PM   #15
Miguels

I sold all 5 Contenders Auto RCs I had Of Corey Clement On game day. Two Blount SP Authentic RCs and every single Agholor Auto I had minus one sold during the lead up to their Super Bowl Run.

It’s sad Alshon Jefferey didn’t get a bump and I feel like more Jay Ajayi should have been in demand but I didn’t sell a single Ajayi Auto since their win. It was a funky day for usual spikes in Super Bowl Performance Value.
Miguels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 06:35 PM   #16
no10pin

Quote:

No chance. They'll definitely drop from the SB hype, but 'former SB MVP' is a way better draw than 'future career backup', which is what he looked like in August.
Old 02-06-2018, 06:43 PM   #17
rcgdodge

I thought about picking up some autos.

Almost everything I saw was a sticker auto.

No stickers!

COMC - rcgdodge - Feel free to make an offer
rcgdodge is offline   Reply With Quote