Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 06-08-2017, 08:18 PM   #26
PoPCulture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Well, I hope BO gets some and Ian is able to secure at least a case for a group break. These sets are primed for that format. Would never spend $200 on a single pack myself.
Same here. Looking forward to group case breaks but wouldn't touch loose boxes at that price.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:38 AM   #27
DarthRogahn

Agree
This release is perfect for a group break
DarthRogahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 11:30 AM   #28
ifish73

Just waiting for the pre-sale to post. Supposed to next week.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:20 AM   #29
Carrbeaz

I don't know if people realized this but the pre-order window for this is closed. It was only open for 9 days.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:49 AM   #30
PoPCulture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
I don't know if people realized this but the pre-order window for this is closed. It was only open for 9 days.
Yep, and halfway through the window a 2nd solicitation was sent out from GTS changing it from allocated to extremely allocated.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:01 AM   #31
DarthRogahn

Half to e-packs / short print run / likely both?
DarthRogahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 09:21 AM   #32
finfangfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRogahn View Post
Half to e-packs / short print run / likely both?
EPacks for sure.
finfangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 09:28 AM   #33
Malavon

For those that have pre-ordered from GTS, it looks like you need a business to get an account with them; or is there a way to sign up as an individual? BO seems to be the only retailer with a pre-order up and they aren't selling yet.
Malavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 09:56 AM   #34
PoPCulture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malavon View Post
For those that have pre-ordered from GTS, it looks like you need a business to get an account with them; or is there a way to sign up as an individual? BO seems to be the only retailer with a pre-order up and they aren't selling yet.
You need o have a business or at least a tax I'd # but in order to purchase UD products at presale through the first 90 days of street date, you must have a brick and mortar storefront or be an authorized internet dealer.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:29 AM   #35
UpperDeckMatt
Upper Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by finfangfan View Post
EPacks for sure.
UpperDeckMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 12:27 PM   #36
Carrbeaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperDeckMatt View Post
Honestly, Epacks have been a big middle finger to brick and mortar shops. Because of allocations on most products that are Epacks, distributors are cutting B&M stores as much as 80% of the product they PREORDERED... So in turn it has been nearly impossible for smaller stores to sell this to customers on the preorder level because we have no idea how much we will get cut.
Old 06-15-2017, 12:40 PM   #37
clearblue

The flipside is that for people who aren't able to get these at a local B&M, the e-Pack format is an incredible option.
clearblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:00 PM   #38
Malavon

Quote:
Will ePacks have the same contents as physical boxes?

You better not Dr. Strange us on this one
Malavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:09 PM   #39
finfangfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearblue View Post
The flipside is that for people who aren't able to get these at a local B&M, the e-Pack format is an incredible option.
It's also fantastic for collectors who like to make trades for cards they want. You can not only easily trade cards within the set, but also with collectors across sets. I love the ePack format. It is so much fun to do trades and interact with other collectors. Not to mention chase an epack exclusive achievement or 2.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:23 PM   #40
Gambit C10

I like that this will be on Epack too. Will be easier to trade sketches.
Gambit C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 03:04 PM   #41
daviswr7

My distributors are also giving me the "extremely allocated" routine...
daviswr7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 03:10 PM   #42
Cujobyte

Quote:
It's also fantastic for collectors who like to make trades for cards they want. You can not only easily trade cards within the set, but also with collectors across sets. I love the ePack format. It is so much fun to do trades and interact with other collectors. Not to mention chase an epack exclusive achievement or 2.
Really? I've grown to hate it with the same 4-5 traders on there (Reubnik makes Varga look calm lol). Plus every trade offer I get is absolutely ridiculously in favor of the other person. I'm slowly transferring all my stuff to me and am done.
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 03:22 PM   #43
finfangfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Really? I've grown to hate it with the same 4-5 traders on there (Reubnik makes Varga look calm lol). Plus every trade offer I get is absolutely ridiculously in favor of the other person. I'm slowly transferring all my stuff to me and am done.
You are right, there are quite a few lousy traders, but once you block them and establish trade relationships with fair traders, the format becomes more fun to deal with. Using the chat feature can help you nab specific cards you need too.

I have been able to make some great trades for sketches, printing plates, and cut panel cards that I want for my pc. If you aren't on ePack, you are basically shutting yourself out on ever having access to a wide variety of 1/1 cards that will likely never be listed outside of the ePack site.

I also got a kick from completing well over a hundred trades to obtain the epack exclusive 150 card dino mini red subset. And even obtaining the Cap foil base set, and soon to complete dino red base set has been fun even if neither set really has any value in the secondary market.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:52 PM   #44
UpperDeckMatt
Upper Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malavon View Post
Will ePacks have the same contents as physical boxes?

You better not Dr. Strange us on this one
ePack will have identical contents and ratios (with the addition of achievements)
Old 06-15-2017, 03:52 PM   #45
Tim

Quote:
You are right, there are quite a few lousy traders, but once you block them and establish trade relationships with fair traders, the format becomes more fun to deal with. Using the chat feature can help you nab specific cards you need too.

I have been able to make some great trades for sketches, printing plates, and cut panel cards that I want for my pc. If you aren't on ePack, you are basically shutting yourself out on ever having access to a wide variety of 1/1 cards that will likely never be listed outside of the ePack site.

I also got a kick from completing well over a hundred trades to obtain the epack exclusive 150 card dino mini red subset. And even obtaining the Cap foil base set, and soon to complete dino red base set has been fun even if neither set really has any value in the secondary market.
I agree with cujo about all the bad trade requests but the platform is not the most intuitive as I don't know about half the stuff you mentioned above. Sounds like it could be used to good benefit if the platform were better.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 04:01 PM   #46
UpperDeckMatt
Upper Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
I agree with cujo about all the bad trade requests but the platform is not the most intuitive as I don't know about half the stuff you mentioned above. Sounds like it could be used to good benefit if the platform were better.
I compare it to any other activity that has a collector base and trading pools. It's on par with trying to sell something through eBay. I get offers all the time of $10-$20 for an item that usually sells for $100+. I feel that people see it as a negotiation tactic given the platform because someone may be willing to let that $100 go for $10. But again, just my 2 cents.
Old 06-15-2017, 04:07 PM   #47
baseballbunez

Quote:
ePack will have identical contents and ratios (with the addition of achievements)
Any idea if we are actually looking at a July physical release? If so, about how much further out for ePack (if you are able to disclose)?
baseballbunez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 04:08 PM   #48
sketchopolix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
...but the platform is not the most intuitive as I don't know about half the stuff you mentioned above. Sounds like it could be used to good benefit if the platform were better.
Tim it wasn't that bad, but I agree that it is VERY time consuming. Loading each card individually into a trade is painful. This is probably a discussion for ePacks but if you want to pass a suggestion along Matt, you should be able to select multiple cards then hit "Create Trade" that loads all those cards at once without toggling back and forth between different windows. Creating a trade takes entirely too long.
sketchopolix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 04:17 PM   #49
UpperDeckMatt
Upper Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchopolix View Post
Tim it wasn't that bad, but I agree that it is VERY time consuming. Loading each card individually into a trade is painful. This is probably a discussion for ePacks but if you want to pass a suggestion along Matt, you should be able to select multiple cards then hit "Create Trade" that loads all those cards at once without toggling back and forth between different windows. Creating a trade takes entirely too long.
This is a statement I have heard before. I can absolutely run it up the food chain, but I do not have direct access to website or the developers/admins.
Old 06-16-2017, 12:24 PM   #50
ForceChange77

Yeah, I posted another thread on this. I was in the process of transferring cards to me and Upper Deck Epack Web site went down. I was charged $9.99 for shipping and nothing shipped. The cards are now out of my collection.

Upper Deck claimed they were doing double check to see if cards were shipped out. They said cards would be returned to me within 2-4 business days on June 8, 2017. Cards are not back in my collection. Inquiries to phone number are worthless, they will tell you they don't handle E-pack. Inquires through Web site - I have gotten one response despite 5 inquires.

Upper Deck Matt - most helpful person at Upper Deck but I don't think he actually works in the E-pack department. At least he was returning private messages.
ForceChange77 is offline   Reply With Quote