Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 08-02-2017, 02:36 PM   #26
nera20

wow i would normally try a group break spot but on this one probably not
nera20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 03:03 PM   #27
jdhaugh11

So there will be 4,000 autos total in the 100 boxes, but the total auto count is 4,120, if each signer has all the base and parallels.
So either a few of the top signers don't have a base/parallel, or each box will actually give you 41 autos (very unlikely)

I would rather see someone like Ford have the 40 base and 3 1/1 autos rather than have just the parallel autos. People would want to be able to make the base auto set rather than have a parallel of someone, unless it was the 1/1 IMO.

So do we all assume that you will get each of the 40 signers per box, it is just a matter of which version you get?

So if there are 40 for each version you will get this breakout:

Base #/40: 16
Blue #/25: 10
Green #/20: 8
Purple #/10: 4
Gold #/5: 2
Galactic Black 1/1: 0.4
Rebel Alliance Orange 1/1: 0.4
Imperial Red 1/1: 0.4
Total: 40 Autos
jdhaugh11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 03:11 PM   #28
daviswr7

How many signers can they realistically have for this product?

While more information is probably to come, I can't imagine its that much more information...This will be a small list, no?
daviswr7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 03:12 PM   #29
Eissacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviswr7 View Post

While more information is probably to come, I can't imagine its that much more information...This will be a small list, no?
40 unique signers. Same signers in every box.
Eissacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 03:14 PM   #30
daviswr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eissacs View Post
40 unique signers. Same signers in every box.
Did Topps say there would be 40 different names for this? I saw 40 "Autographs per box". I didn't see the different names part.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:15 PM   #31
Jackg1980

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

I find it very hard to believe Ford will be in very box, but he has to be in here somehow. Then again they could of spent another 9$ Per box and added 3 premium sketch arcs per box.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:17 PM   #32
aces

Quote:

I'm sure they can find 40 people connected with SW to sign. Even so, they'll almost certainly be missing some big names. IIUC, Natalie Portman would prefer hanging to signing, Samuel L. Jackson is probably a no, Dave Prowse is on the outs with Disney, and Frank Oz has announced he won't sign anymore. (Not to mention those who have passed on, because no cuts.)
aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 03:18 PM   #33
Eissacs

Quote:
Did Topps say there would be 40 different names for this? I saw 40 "Autographs per box". I didn't see the different names part.
The same signers info has been floating around since Celebration. Topps reps intentionally teased people with this info knowing it would get online.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:19 PM   #34
daviswr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aces View Post
I'm sure they can find 40 people connected with SW to sign. Even so, they'll almost certainly be missing some big names. IIUC, Natalie Portman would prefer hanging to signing, Samuel L. Jackson is probably a no, Dave Prowse is on the outs with Disney, and Frank Oz has announced he won't sign anymore. (Not to mention those who have passed on, because no cuts.)
I think I just missed it somewhere...but did Topps actually say somewhere there would be 40 different names on the list?
Old 08-02-2017, 03:25 PM   #35
daviswr7

I was under the impression that a complete base set would be included in every box.

This was a guess of mine. So completely speculatory.

Roughly 30 or so Autographs on the signers list and the remaining cards would be parallel's for a total of 40. At 10K per box, everyone should get a base set plus some parallel's. I re-read things and could NOT find anything that said there were 40 different signers. If there are 40 different signers you most assurdley will not get a base set in every box.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:26 PM   #36
Vargaman

Anthony Daniels wasn't shown yet, from what I recall, is Warwick Davis is in here, Daniels has to be.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 04:32 PM   #37
jdhaugh11

I guess there could be more than 40 in the set, but there has to be at least 39 signers in the set, the math tells me that.

To me it doesn't look like you will get a base auto set per box.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:35 PM   #38
jdhaugh11

So far there are 18 signers that we know of:

Felicity Jones as Jyn Erso
Tim Curry as Chancelor Palpatine
Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker
Alan Tudyk as K-2SO
Temuera Morrison as Jango Fett
Billy Dee Williams as Lando Calrissian
Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia
Ashley Eckstein as Ahsoka Tano
Gwendoline Christie as Captain Phasma
Ian McDiarmid as Chancelor Palpatine
Ray Park as Darth Maul
Matthew Wood as General Grievous
Daisy Ridley as Rey
Forest Whitaker as Saw Gerrera
Sarah Michelle Gellar as Seventh Sister
Warwick Davis as Ewok Wicket
Brian Herring as BB-8
Kenny Baker as R2-D2

Does anyone know of others that are confirmed?
Old 08-02-2017, 04:43 PM   #39
Eissacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
So far there are 18 signers that we know of:

Felicity Jones as Jyn Erso
Tim Curry as Chancelor Palpatine
Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker
Alan Tudyk as K-2SO
Temuera Morrison as Jango Fett
Billy Dee Williams as Lando Calrissian
Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia
Ashley Eckstein as Ahsoka Tano
Gwendoline Christie as Captain Phasma
Ian McDiarmid as Chancelor Palpatine
Ray Park as Darth Maul
Matthew Wood as General Grievous
Daisy Ridley as Rey
Forest Whitaker as Saw Gerrera
Sarah Michelle Gellar as Seventh Sister
Warwick Davis as Ewok Wicket
Brian Herring as BB-8
Kenny Baker as R2-D2

Does anyone know of others that are confirmed?
Jeremy Bulloch as Boba Fett
Old 08-02-2017, 04:45 PM   #40
HiltonL

Don't SMG and Freddie Prinze Jr come as a package deal now that they both sign?
HiltonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:02 PM   #41
daviswr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
I guess there could be more than 40 in the set, but there has to be at least 39 signers in the set, the math tells me that.

To me it doesn't look like you will get a base auto set per box.
If there are more then 40 signers in this stuff then color me out of this one for sure. That would be a very watered down list if we got past 40 and ABSOLUTELY not worth the purchase. I think it will be watered down if it surpasses 30 people on the list.

Again, will just have to wait for more info. If there was a base set per box, I imagine Topps would have said so...which kinda stinks.

Last edited by daviswr7; 08-02-2017 at 06:22 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:19 PM   #42
Dewman

I was hoping for something special and unique for this set. From what we've seen so far, not nearly worth the price tag, even if Harrison is included in every box.

It's all the same old signers (barring Tim Curry, and signers that will also be in the forthcoming Masterwork and other products). Some rare, yes, but nothing I can't already get given enough cash. I don't even like the card design that much. Topps is going to have to come strong in the remaining signer checklist.
Dewman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:36 PM   #43
Eissacs

Let's try and fill out the Stellar checklist. So far we KNOW these characters for sure:

Jyn
7th Sister
Leia
Rey
Boba Fett
Jango Fett
Saw
Lando
R2
Anakin
K-2SO
Palpatine/Curry
Palpatine/Ian
Ahsoka
Phasma
Maul
BB-8
Grievous
Wicket

So that's 19 confirmed out of 40.

Let's assume all these more recognizable names from the last year or so sign as well (because realistically they will):

Han
Luke
Kylo
Chirrut (only one I'm iffy about)
Snoke
Finn
C-3PO
Chewbacca
Kanan
Greedo
Wedge
Bodhi

That puts us at 31 which I think are pretty likely.

Who else would you add for the last nine? Expect any REALISTIC surprises? Sam Jackson did do a private signing (or will be soon) with Celebrity Authentics and could be a nice surprise addition.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:45 PM   #44
aces

Quote:
Who else would you add for the last nine? Expect any REALISTIC surprises? Sam Jackson did do a private signing (or will be soon) with Celebrity Authentics and could be a nice surprise addition.
Teedo, right? Gotta have Teedo!

But seriously, there are a number of possibilities, especially if they don't have to be actors. I mentioned upthread that Dave Prowse had a falling out with Disney, but I remembered he's signed for Topps, so a definite maybe. Max Von Sydow is a very notable actor and would be a great addition. As long as you have Captain Phasma, why not General Hux? Krennic would be good too.

For non-actors, I'd suggest Lucas, JJ Abrams, and John Williams.
aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:58 PM   #45
Vargaman

Default First Buzz: 2017 Topps Star Wars Stellar Signatures trading cards

Quote:
Let's try and fill out the Stellar checklist. So far we KNOW these characters for sure:

Jyn
7th Sister
Leia
Rey
Boba Fett
Jango Fett
Saw
Lando
R2
Anakin
K-2SO
Palpatine/Curry
Palpatine/Ian
Ahsoka
Phasma
Maul
BB-8
Grievous
Wicket

So that's 19 confirmed out of 40.

Let's assume all these more recognizable names from the last year or so sign as well (because realistically they will):

Han
Luke
Kylo
Chirrut (only one I'm iffy about)
Snoke
Finn
C-3PO
Chewbacca
Kanan
Greedo
Wedge
Bodhi

That puts us at 31 which I think are pretty likely.

We just had this list of 19, but of actors a few posts ago.

I think getting some big names like JEJ and oz again would be a good start.

Greedo has no place in this set. Really any signer under $30 on eBay shouldn't be in here.

They could get more rogue one signers like baze and krennic and new guy who played Vader. They're still missing hux and Poe from force awakens as well.

I will never understand how bulloch autos hold their value when he signs so much. Boba has to be the most unexpected fan fave compared to screen time haha. I still have yet to buy one, really want MW or Tek on card for him

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127

Last edited by Vargaman; 08-02-2017 at 09:10 PM.
Vargaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:17 AM   #46
Xazark

I cannot believe this is just autos, missed opportunity really and as has been said a not remotely worth it with a 10k price tag maybe you will get some breaks on this but at $250 per spot, the value return is way off.

I know Star wars is popular but I can't see this set selling out fast if at all for 10k

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Xazark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:03 AM   #47
Brobocop

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like the idea of having parallels in this. If they are going to do this and do this at $10k, I'd prefer to just have all the cards have the same pattern and look the same. If they possibly put two or more of the same signer in a box, that will kill this set on arrival. If Harrison Ford is only in say, 10 boxes, it will kill this set on arrival. To me, this works as a 40+ card set, all the same signers, all the same design, with sketch and prop cards like Transcendence.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:04 AM   #48
Brobocop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xazark View Post
I cannot believe this is just autos, missed opportunity really and as has been said a not remotely worth it with a 10k price tag maybe you will get some breaks on this but at $250 per spot, the value return is way off.

I know Star wars is popular but I can't see this set selling out fast if at all for 10k

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Can you imagine paying $250 for a spot and getting Tim Rose? I dunno. I think the group break market for non-sports is so different than from sports. The drop off from star level is so steep. It's either you get your break spot money back, or you lose just about 100% of your break spot.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:50 AM   #49
jamesr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I don't like the idea of having parallels in this. If they are going to do this and do this at $10k, I'd prefer to just have all the cards have the same pattern and look the same. If they possibly put two or more of the same signer in a box, that will kill this set on arrival. If Harrison Ford is only in say, 10 boxes, it will kill this set on arrival. To me, this works as a 40+ card set, all the same signers, all the same design, with sketch and prop cards like Transcendence.
Other than the price point, this would be my main issue with a set like this. The set should be a full set, not a bunch of loose cards for splitting / trading / chasing.
jamesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:19 AM   #50
nabzy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
Can you imagine paying $250 for a spot and getting Tim Rose? I dunno. I think the group break market for non-sports is so different than from sports. The drop off from star level is so steep. It's either you get your break spot money back, or you lose just about 100% of your break spot.
This is why I was inquiring what some of these would likely be going for earlier. A group break of 40 spots might not work, as a large percentage would get totally shafted. However, depending on what other names fill out the list, a group break of 4 or 5 people might just be worth the chance at a Ford and a 1/1, etc.
Will 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 be the year Panini finds Marvin Harrison & Marcus Allen to sign their NFL's Greatest Signatures cards? 05/08/18: Replacements requested. Let's see what happens...
nabzy28 is online now   Reply With Quote