Blowout Cards Forums
2018 summer sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 08-07-2017, 12:02 PM   #176
Bryanjs14

also not mentioned is this: imagine opening a box and getting a complete gold parallel auto set #d /5. That entire set is going to command a big premium over one of the 40 boxes with the base white auto set in it.

5% chance at pulling a complete set #d /5 plus a 1/1 is a great gamble to be honest.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:04 PM   #177
Eissacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
i love the design. very clean, nice large area for the signature. all on card other than obviously the two that have passed on and cannot sign anymore. I especially love the base white. It reminds me of flawless with the full white background. I will def be going for a base set of these autos and will use any parallels I acquire from breaks to help finish off the base set.

I also echo what Eissacs just said. in the first couple weeks it will be a buyers market on singles. As I mentioned this is going to be heavily opened by group breakers, and you will have a lot of uninformed buyers buying into the breaks and turning to eBay to recoup their costs. I imagine if you are quick on the trigger on eBay you will be able to find some great deals in those first couple weeks.

But the product will quickly dry up, especially sealed product.
I also expect spots 11-40 in "pick your card" breaks will be sold at a discounted price by people who were only chasing Ford and Daisy. There will be some opportunities to get good tradebait potentially cheaper than buying singles.
Eissacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:05 PM   #178
Eissacs

Quote:
also not mentioned is this: imagine opening a box and getting a complete gold parallel auto set #d /5. That entire set is going to command a big premium over one of the 40 boxes with the base white auto set in it.

5% chance at pulling a complete set #d /5 plus a 1/1 is a great gamble to be honest.
I'm guessing Topps will be mix and matching the parallels between boxes. However it would be awesome for them to do a box with a compete purple/gold/green sets type of thing.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:06 PM   #179
Bryanjs14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eissacs View Post
I also expect spots 11-40 in "pick your card" breaks will be sold at a discounted price by people who were only chasing Ford and Daisy. There will be some opportunities to get good tradebait potentially cheaper than buying singles.
agree 100%.

Not to mention those people in the breaks don't know what parallel the box ends up being (white/blue/green/purple/gold)

The 5 all gold parallel auto boxes out there almost no card will be under $250.

Maybe I am reading it wrong, but the way its advertised I think each box will contain an entire autograph set in the same parallel as well as your 1/1.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:08 PM   #180
jdhaugh11

I wonder if the base autos #/40 will sell for about the same as the parallels? (1/1 Excluded)
I say this because some people might want to make a base auto set.

For people that buy a box and want to keep most of the cards, they might sell the parallels to then try to buy the base autos.

I am still unsure if these cards will sell for a premium or if these will sell for about what past cards sold for of these actors and then the past cards will go down in price or not.

The on card part is the biggest selling point of this set, so those should sell better than sticker autos. Now if these autos had inscriptions, then we could see record sales.

That is what they should do with the parallels, not just have them be different colors but have inscriptions to actually add value. I am so smart! LOL
jdhaugh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:09 PM   #181
Bryanjs14

Quote:
I'm guessing Topps will be mix and matching the parallels between boxes. However it would be awesome for them to do a box with a compete purple/gold/green sets type of thing.
you think so? something tells me thats not the case. The numbers add up to exactly 100 of each signers across the 5 parallels (not including the 1/1)

they would need to collate the boxes really really well if they were going to break up parallels sets across the entire run. I personally think there will be 40 boxes with just white base and your 1/1, 5 boxes with all golds and your 1/1 ect ect.

Maybe I am wrong, but thats the way I have been reading into the info they have put out so far

Inscriptions would be really really nice. There are inscriptions on the star wars authentics web site, time to make it happen on the trading card side of things as well
Old 08-07-2017, 12:13 PM   #182
Eissacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhaugh11 View Post
I wonder if the base autos #/40 will sell for about the same as the parallels? (1/1 Excluded)
I say this because some people might want to make a base auto set.

For people that buy a box and want to keep most of the cards, they might sell the parallels to then try to buy the base autos.

I am still unsure if these cards will sell for a premium or if these will sell for about what past cards sold for of these actors and then the past cards will go down in price or not.

The on card part is the biggest selling point of this set, so those should sell better than sticker autos. Now if these autos had inscriptions, then we could see record sales.

That is what they should do with the parallels, not just have them be different colors but have inscriptions to actually add value. I am so smart! LOL
I'll admit if my Daisy and Ford are both base versions I'll probably chase the base white set on eBay. It would just look too sweet having that uniform set.

Last edited by Eissacs; 08-07-2017 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:47 PM   #183
Vargaman

Quote:
I think over the first three weeks after this hits the market singles will be lower than normal, but after that it will start going back up to normal levels. It's going to be a buyers market right out of the gate when people are trying to recoup their cost.
You just said the opposite when you stated "When the singles hit eBay you can try and spend your $40 bidding on the lowest end auto and still not win a card from the set because it demands a premium"

Make up your mind

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:53 PM   #184
Eissacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post
You just said the opposite when you stated "When the singles hit eBay you can try and spend your $40 bidding on the lowest end auto and still not win a card from the set because it demands a premium"

Make up your mind
Cheaper does not mean bargain bin, or your price level.

Run along back to recess.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:59 PM   #185
AceGambit3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaman View Post

Make up your mind
lol it does seem like the opposite was said.
I wonder if he meant BINs to folks trying to recoup that know nothing as we all know there are always several who do that on the sports side since they are so used to getting 20% or less back on breaks.
Bidding wise it's gonna get dicey though.
You might find a Matthew Wood Stellar BIN for $40, it'd be wise to snatch that up if seen.
AceGambit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 01:01 PM   #186
Eissacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceGambit3 View Post
I wonder if he meant BINs to folks trying to recoup that know nothing as we all know there are always several who do that on the sports side since they are so used to getting 20% or less back on breaks.
Exactly. Happens with every set. This won't be different. But the desperate ones disappear quickly and the market settles in the right spot.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:18 PM   #187
ForceChange77

I would say about 30-40% of these sets will not be broken up. But also a large percentage will go to breakers. What that does for chasing whites, I have no idea.
ForceChange77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 01:30 PM   #188
Scottish Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRogahn View Post
I will sit back and enjoy the fireworks on this one as well.
And Hope that 100 Daisy autos hitting at 1 time will lower the price point of her other autos so I can land one
This may be my strategy as well. My collecting budget can't handle a $7500 hit all at once. I am 50/50 on the design. I like the initial galactic files sets' design more, but these are better than rogue one and force awakens sets. I also like they are individually encased with a star wars sticker (even though it is just a simple one-touch holder).
Scottish Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 01:54 PM   #189
PoPCulture

Quote:
I think over the first three weeks after this hits the market singles will be lower than normal, but after that it will start going back up to normal levels. It's going to be a buyers market right out of the gate when people are trying to recoup their cost.
Quote:
i love the design. very clean, nice large area for the signature. all on card other than obviously the two that have passed on and cannot sign anymore. I especially love the base white. It reminds me of flawless with the full white background. I will def be going for a base set of these autos and will use any parallels I acquire from breaks to help finish off the base set.

I also echo what Eissacs just said. in the first couple weeks it will be a buyers market on singles. As I mentioned this is going to be heavily opened by group breakers, and you will have a lot of uninformed buyers buying into the breaks and turning to eBay to recoup their costs. I imagine if you are quick on the trigger on eBay you will be able to find some great deals in those first couple weeks.

But the product will quickly dry up, especially sealed product.
I also think that singles will start out a little soft considering pretty much 100% of this will be opened in a very short time frame- I agree that breakers will be opening a large percentage of this. My biggest concern is that if this is released near MW and TLJ then there will be more than just these 100 out there. Daisy will be in all 3 so consumers will have a wide variety to choose from. I dont believe the drop in values will be as temporary as some are thinking because topps is not going to slow down. I am now considering getting a personal box at distributor pricing but would not want to be in position to break the set up to try to profit- I believe that a GB will be the only way to see a decent return here. Then again, if group breaking was not as successful as it has been then these types of products would not exist.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:04 PM   #190
ForceChange77

The question is what levels we will be seeing the bigger stars in other Topps products. In the recent galactic file sets, top signers were at /5. Whether that was because case number wasn't high, dunno. But if Topps continues to limit top signers at /5, big autos will get rarer, especially for higher count series. Hamill's prices are going up at cons, whether that affects Topps' prices is unknown. I don't know how many stickers Daisy signed for Leaf but I assume they won't be able to get her again at whatever prices she signed. Driver is relatively difficult to get, and as time goes on, Fisher and Baker stickers will become rarer.

Last edited by ForceChange77; 08-07-2017 at 02:07 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:10 PM   #191
PoPCulture

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceChange77 View Post
The question is what levels we will be seeing the bigger stars in other Topps products. In the recent galactic file sets, top signers were at /5. Whether that was because case number wasn't high, dunno. But if Topps continues to limit topp signers at /5, big autos will get rarer, especially for higher count series.
I think this will continue to be the case with most sets but I also think that the sets for new movies will continue to be the sets that have more star autos. If TLJ series 1 has only 25 Lukes or Reys it will be a disaster imo. In the past 2 years, TFA and Rogue One were the only releases that I pulled multiple main cast autos from. Hopefully this continues soon...
Old 08-07-2017, 03:03 PM   #192
Mahlersketch

Where can we preorder?
Mahlersketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 04:57 PM   #193
houdini
admin

I think I am breaking at least 5. More if BO can get more.

I do not believe there will be parallel sets. You will get 40 autos including parallels and the 1/1 is my understanding.

It is possible that there will not be 40 different signers though. It is also possible that not all signers will have 100 autos (and some may have more).
Descanse mi princesita 9/20/00-4/16/15
houdini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:04 PM   #194
Vargaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
It is possible that there will not be 40 different signers though. It is also possible that not all signers will have 100 autos (and some may have more).
Wait a second, that's definitely different than what has been assumed.

So maybe there's an Ep 2 and Ep 3 version of Anakin or Warwick Davis as Wicket, Wollivan and Wyteef and whoever else he played?

My FS/FT thread https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1112127
Vargaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:05 PM   #195
dd316

Quote:
As I mentioned this is going to be heavily opened by group breakers, and you will have a lot of uninformed buyers buying into the breaks and turning to eBay to recoup their costs.
Quote:
I also expect spots 11-40 in "pick your card" breaks will be sold at a discounted price by people who were only chasing Ford and Daisy.
How is this set going to be considered a hit when you're both saying cards will immediately be dumped? The same people who are going to be helping this sell out are also going to destroy it.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:27 PM   #196
ForceChange77

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
I think I am breaking at least 5. More if BO can get more.

I do not believe there will be parallel sets. You will get 40 autos including parallels and the 1/1 is my understanding.

Topps said directly the following on their Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialToppsStarWars/

100 total boxes with 40 autographed signers!

This box will contain all 40 signers that will be featured, not a bunch of randoms. You are guaranteed to get every signer.

This box is guaranteed to give you one card of every signer in the product.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:44 PM   #197
ForceChange77

Parsing those statements together, the only conclusion that I think could be reasonably reached is that there are 40 unique signers, and every signer will be included in each box. Note they said 40 signers, not characters. That would discredit the Warwick Davis in 5 roles capacity theory.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:06 PM   #198
Bryanjs14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
How is this set going to be considered a hit when you're both saying cards will immediately be dumped? The same people who are going to be helping this sell out are also going to destroy it.
What set ever in the history of sports card isn't dumped out of the gate when broken in quantity, especially by sports guys who don't have a grasp on the non sport card market?

It's 100 damn boxes man. That's it. Done. 50-75 of those gonna be opened in the first month easily. You are going to have a LOT of people who buy into these group breaks and make money. Literally every single name on that list so far, if you hit a /5 parallel and you aren't an idiot and in a rush to sell, will get you over $250. There should be 2 per box. Then move up a parallel and you have 10-15 names on that list that will get you back your buy in. There should be 4 of those per box. Even at the base autograph level, I see at least 7-10 names on that list that will comfortably get you back buy in easily.

It's simple numbers dude. Sit the set out, you've said it's not for you so let it be. You are gonna have at least 15-20 (or more depending on additional signers they include) people in every single one of those breaks making back their buy in or profiting. People are going to go absolutely rabid for this product. Most sports guys are used to breaks where maybe 1-2 people profit and another 1-3 people break even. You will have almost half of every break coming close to breaking even or making money. In the sports card breaking world, that's unheard of.

Even if Ford doesn't end up being in this set, this set is going to do extremely well. Of course there will be dumping man, there is with every product, it's unavoidable. But the difference is this is only 100 boxes. The dumping won't last like it does with a 1000 case masterworks product. The market will quickly correct itself

Last edited by Bryanjs14; 08-07-2017 at 08:10 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:34 PM   #199
Mahlersketch

Can anyone let me know where they are getting preorders less than the srp. Thank you
Mahlersketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:21 PM   #200
PoPCulture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahlersketch View Post
Can anyone let me know where they are getting preorders less than the srp. Thank you
You likely will not find it below srp this far out from release. The lower prices that you are seeing right now are distributor prices not retail.